PDA

View Full Version : State of the Empire - Orders

Telan Desaria
Jun 18th, 2003, 05:52:14 PM
Me - Overseeing all operations: engaged in Cat and Mouse thread creation.

Admiral Laran - on leave, being NPCed by me.

Aegis du'Caat - Commanding OverSector Outer, soon to engage NR forces

Katanor - Unknown. Mission pending.

Lash - Inactive

Vynn Frost - gathering Intel

Tyrus Tajo - same

Hyren r'Desh - Commanding Inquisitoriate platoon, unnamed coming rp.

Dr. Lenux - planning an rp???

Adm Kraken - working on intro thread, ST

Did I miss anyone?

Telan Desaria
Jun 26th, 2003, 04:40:03 PM
The Assault on Hilari

Statistics.

Thinking the Imperial Fleet while on patrol and assault missions will be unable to protect this small world on the outer border of the Empire, a rebel leader came to power and declared Imperial rule ended. He lead an army composed mostly of planetary militiamen and quickly overran mistakenly friendly garrisons. They quickly gained possessions of four cities along the coats of the Iberian Sea, where their rule is centralized. Their forces, approximately a million strong, have been divided up to defend these holdings through the use of counter assaults and fixed fortifications.

Only small portions of the world remain under Imperial control, but those are also under constant assault themselves. The four cities however, as they are the largest settlements on the planet, are the key to restoring order.

These rebels have taken control of four Defender squadrons and significant portion of the armor brigades on the world, though no expansion past the atmosphere has been made.

Allocated by Imperial High Command for the suppression of this revolt:

I Storm Korps (39,000 troops)
II Army Korps (45,000)
XVIII Army Korps (65,000)

VSD Tyranny
4 Carracks

Overall Supression Comanders:

Brevet Rear Admiral Kracken
Colonel General Tachort

Park Kraken
Jun 26th, 2003, 04:58:06 PM
Is the VSD Tyranny an older model VSD, or one of the newer VSDs?

Jarek T'chort
Jun 26th, 2003, 05:10:36 PM
(((ooc) Telan, it's Tchort ))

(ic) Understood. The forces are sufficent. I take it this is a lot of urban combat. What are my compliment of walkers/ ground vehicles?

Teleran Balades
Jun 27th, 2003, 01:36:29 PM
About Planatary defenses. Are there any know shield generators protecting the planet? And are there any NR ships in the area that might decide to jump in system after the assault begins?

Park Kraken
Jun 27th, 2003, 04:00:25 PM
Hmmmm. I think we only start out with troops, but there is a small manufacturing facility embedded within the VSD that can produce small vehicles. I have such several designs, including a tread tank that I still need to post stats for, in my possesion. The tread tank in question I designed for urban combat, and I think will do quite nicley. The Victory Star Destroyer carries 2 squadrons of TIE Defenders, couple that with the 5 each TIE Scouts the Carracks carries, and that gives me a combined total of 44 starfighters. That is less than what the rebels have, but not only is their fighter pilots more likely less well trained, but my Carrack cruisers have 20 laser cannons each, which are good anti-starfighter weapons. I already have come up for a tatic to take down the Defenders should they rise against us, invloving the mass of my star destroyer, the small size of the carrack, and their fast as-an-X-wing propulsion. Anyways, for ground assault, since my Vic is a Mk1, it is able to go into the atmopshere of the planet itself, and it has 80 concussion missle launchers. We will attack a smaller city in order to set up a garrison, and a base to sortie strikes from. From there, we will gather up the Imperial forces still left, which may include some walkers, and launch combined air, and ground assaults on each of the four citys, until they crumple. More details of my plan to follow, but for now, I am going to concentrate on getting in system, and holding it, as well as setting up a forward base in one of the smaller citys. Teleran, I may be able to use you in this regard.

Park Kraken
Jun 27th, 2003, 04:02:37 PM
The names of my ships:
Victory Star Destroyer Tormentor
Carrack Cruiser Fire Punch
Carrack Cruiser Kraken's Glory
Carrack Cruiser Obliterator
Carrack Cruiser Crusader

Teleran Balades
Jun 27th, 2003, 04:46:58 PM
Ready for orders, Admiral.

Jarek T'chort
Jun 27th, 2003, 05:39:31 PM
Admiral Kraken, I do have walker suppourt do I not? The standard ISD carries its own compliment of assult walkers. I trust we will not be relying soley on these as yet unproved tread tanks?

Park Kraken
Jun 27th, 2003, 08:10:13 PM
No, of course not. For your initial assault, I will send down 8 AT-ATs, and 8 AT-STs. In addition to that, the role that I will assign Telearn, is to take two of my Carrack cruisers, the Obliterator, and Crusader, and provide fire support as needed from orbit. To draw attention away from the area of our assault, I am going to take the rest of my ships, and bombard one of the four main city's from orbit. After the city is taken, and our forward base is secure, I will start manufacturing Tread Tanks, the new APC Tanks, and other walkers, and so on. But that is in the future. Come, let us begin our assault! We will launch when all final preparations have been made!

Jarek T'chort
Jun 28th, 2003, 04:07:53 AM
Excellent Admiral. Might I suggest however, that I be equiped with more AT ST walkers for scout purposes? If I am facing 1 million enemy troops with a least a few hundred captured millitary repulsorlift craft, Chariots and anything else they may have captured I would prefer to have a larger scout /anti infantry walker compliment.
In fact, in terms of our suprise attack, the ground assult could be launched on an industrial center, I belive from Intelligence reports that there is a substantial millitary industrial complex in the northern hemisphere around the city of Gaur - Sha. If we capture this we can deprive the rebels of a key area and begin producing even more walkers, tanks etc complimenting your manufacturing plant aboard the Tormentor .
Yet another strategic goal could be attained by securing this city, the besiged city of Durol is only around a hundred miles away, thus we can link up and break the seige.
What do you think?

Teleran Balades
Jun 28th, 2003, 08:41:18 AM
I ask again are there any shield projectors protecting the planet and are there any NR craft that could interfere with the assualt.

Admiral, to draw attention away from the main assualt area shall i bombard another area of the planet, Carracks aren't well equiped for this purpose, but it could be done.

While the invasion is under way the defenders would be distracted by the attacks on multiple fronts we could try to land to land a strike force behind enemy lines to flank them. If this is desirable I will have my TIE Scouts recon the area for a clear landing area to set up a secondary base of operations.

Jarek T'chort
Jun 28th, 2003, 12:00:44 PM
Yes the shield generators would be a chief target for a ground assault. Planetery bombardment would be rendered useless if there is a shield system.

Teleran Balades
Jun 28th, 2003, 12:25:20 PM
Sorry, Admiral, I have one final question. The Obliterator and Crusader both carry 142 soldiers. Will I be assigned landing craft, or should i keep the troops in orbit?

Park Kraken
Jun 28th, 2003, 12:27:16 PM
Telan didn't specify a shield generator, just four squadrons of TIE Defenders. I take it these are their only space defenses.

Jarek T'chort
Jun 28th, 2003, 02:52:59 PM
If so, thats a load off my mind then, I can concentrate my attack on the industrial sector then.

Jarek T'chort
Jun 28th, 2003, 03:03:13 PM
The city of Gaur Sha.

Jarek T'chort
Jun 30th, 2003, 12:52:16 PM
Whenever you are ready to launch Admiral, we are ready.

Park Kraken
Jun 30th, 2003, 01:40:46 PM
Very well, I will begin the assault as soon as I hear back from Taylor Millard.

Jarek T'chort
Jun 30th, 2003, 02:48:01 PM
Battle is joined.

Gloria Imperium!

Teleran Balades
Jun 30th, 2003, 03:47:30 PM
Victory will be ours.

Park Kraken
Jul 5th, 2003, 05:45:48 PM
Come on, Commander Tchort, let's hurry up, and get this assault over with. We need at least 50 posts to conquer the planet, but we haven't even touched any of the four citys. The next 10 posts will see us conquering one of the enemy city's, and me destroying another one with a new superweapon.

Jarek T'chort
Jul 12th, 2003, 09:27:45 AM
The four cities of Hilari have fallen, myself and Teleran are currently in negotiations with the Hilari government.
Phase two of the ground campaign can now begin. The subjugation of Hilari. Law and order must be restored and there must be a massive sweep of the world to secure it and seize the ringleaders of the insurrection.