PDA

View Full Version : A Question

Warlock
Jun 18th, 2003, 08:18:47 AM
I was wondering what the general consensus on use of ‘magic’ is.

Now I play my character as part of a ‘magic’ coven – a group of witches and warlocks – but I haven’t really used any powers of his so to speak (I’ve had him use his staff to push Sasha Kovalev, like a Force push, but that’s about all).

Would it be alright to say that if the ‘magic’ isn’t affecting anyone else, per say, it’s alright to use it? For example is it alright if Warlock is able to create a light to guide himself with, or able to have some skill in illusionism – however basic – which would be done through the use of this ‘magic’?

I’m asking because another character has asked that Warlock teach him some magic and since Warlock is only a Sith Apprentice it would make sense that he only has the skills of one, even though the characters back story is that he’s been a student of magic for a long time (which I know is irrelevant since I have no threads of all of this back story, so please don’t tell me that).

So basically, would it be alright to be able to do some basic things like those I mentioned about? Just conjuring tricks as Gandalf would say.

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 18th, 2003, 08:43:47 AM
There's Sith Magick, so having Magick isn't a problem. Sorsha uses it ... and Ogre and I are Clerics for a reeeeeeeally long time. I personal see no problem with it as long as ...

I’m asking because another character has asked that Warlock teach him some magic and since Warlock is only a Sith Apprentice it would make sense that he only has the skills of one, even though the characters back story is that he’s been a student of magic for a long time (which I know is irrelevant since I have no threads of all of this back story, so please don’t tell me that).

:p

So I'm good with it.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jun 18th, 2003, 10:24:47 AM
*doesn't see anything wrong with it either*

Force Rules above, but perhaps you could mix in this 'magic' of yours with Sith Magick, since Warlock is like... a Sith apprentice...

I also know that Suri used magick of sorts, and that some of what Snack can do with the Force could be considered as magick by others. So yeah, I don't really see a problem with the use of 'magick'/magic whatever.

Arya Ravenwing
Jun 18th, 2003, 12:28:59 PM
Sounds ok to me...

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 18th, 2003, 12:30:38 PM
Mmmmkay thanks :) Please PM me if you see me doing something that is totally out of line (however unlike that is ;) :lol)

Droo
Jun 18th, 2003, 02:36:01 PM
I see no problem. As long as you spell it "magic" and not "magick"! :mneh

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 18th, 2003, 02:37:12 PM
I like Magick :( it is different

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 18th, 2003, 02:38:15 PM
Saying Magick makes it sound so much more mystical :D

Droo
Jun 18th, 2003, 02:46:23 PM
Well, okay, let's just say that "magick" is for the more - ahem - special people. >D

Charley
Jun 18th, 2003, 02:50:02 PM
aka, DURR-HURR (special)

Jason Dreggs
Jun 18th, 2003, 03:37:21 PM
Useless fact

magick Is a occult term and demands respect

magic is what the guy that pulls the rabbit out of the hat uses.

this is from the Blade Ice useless real life fact file.

Seteth Morters
Jun 19th, 2003, 03:44:11 AM
I always thought that one was the old fashioned spelling from before they standardised it, and the other was the easier one, like Musick-Music and Clerick-Cleric

I am talking about the eighteen hundreds here, not last month or anything :D