PDA

View Full Version : Training of Lady Mylia I (Complete)

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 18th, 2003, 05:21:07 AM
Dasquian was stood on the steps of the Greater Jedi Order looking out onto Coruscant, watching people pass by. He’d sent a communication to one of the new recruits – Mylia – to meet him here, and was now simply waiting.

Lady Mylia
Jun 18th, 2003, 06:50:49 AM
Mylia rushed to the steps, hoping she didn't keep Dasqian waiting. She makes her way up to him, a bit breathless.
"Sorry - pant - to keep - pant - you waiting"
She looked to Dasquian with a smile and a bow, not forgetting her manners.
"Good day, Jedi Knight Dasquian."
She says after catching her breath.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 19th, 2003, 10:29:30 AM
“Good morning, Mylia,” Dasquian replied as he turned to look to the Padawan. He canted his head inquisitively.

“How are you feeling this morning? Eager to begin? I was thinking that we could go for a walk… we can talk along the way, perhaps you can tell me more about yourself, and once we reach our destination we can begin today’s session.”

Lady Mylia
Jun 19th, 2003, 11:23:38 AM
Mylia smiles to her Master. "G'Morning, Master." She bows to him. "I am very well, thank you, and eager to begin." She looks at him, wondering where they are going to be going."That's fine with me." Anything was fine with her, she was just excited about beginning. "Well I'm eighteen years-old. I was born and raised here on Corusant, and I have done little traveling. As I told you, both my father and uncle were Jedis. They have both passed on, but that was several years ago." Mylia pauses, taking a moment in memory of them, before she starts to move on. "What else..." She stops to think for a moment about what all he could possibly want to know.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 20th, 2003, 07:02:37 AM
Beginning to walk, Dasquian nods as he listens.

“Do you have any other family? … What do they think of your becoming a Jedi?”

Lady Mylia
Jun 21st, 2003, 10:32:59 AM
Follwing next to Dasquian, she nods to him. "I have my mother, my sister and my brother. I am the oldest, and I have always been there for my family and now they are delighted that I wish to fulfil my dream. They back me up one hundred percent."

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 22nd, 2003, 09:21:49 AM
“Ah, younger siblings,” Dasquian smiled knowingly.

“Does either of them want to become Jedi, or are you the only one with such noble aspirations?”

Lady Mylia
Jun 22nd, 2003, 05:47:27 PM
Mylia smiles with a little laugh, thinking about her siblings. "Well I'm not sure, but a couple days before I left to come here my brother was chasing around my sister with a stick yelling 'Come back here Sith Lord so I can keep the peace.' They are very imaginitive for their age."

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:25:55 AM
Dasquian grinned slightly. The two’s wandering had brought them to one of the only remaining parks on Coruscant. It was incredibly busy, even though most people should have been at work at this time. Paying the toll to get inside, Dasquian motioned for Mylia to follow.

“This place is probably one of the places to begin… there is so much life here. The Force flourishes wherever people are. This is where the Darkside falters – through destruction the Force itself is killed off.”

Lady Mylia
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:26:36 AM
Mylia nods, understanding what her master is saying. "The darkside fails where as the lightside dwells on life." Mylia looks to her Master to see if she is understanding him correctly.

((Sorry...))

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 27th, 2003, 05:45:47 AM
“Yes. As a wise woman once said, Better to serve the true force than its shadow.”

Others who had come to the park today sat around, eating picnics, playing or just chatting. Some trees, obviously not indigenous to Coruscant, were growing at the paths side, while nebula orchids bloomed on some of the green banks. One area of grass was unoccupied, raised a little from the rest on a slight verve. Dasquian and Mylia made there way to it and sat.

“Once you become more attuned to the Force, you will be able to sense small things… small loses of life.”

Dasquian picked a flower and tucked it into his robes – he knew how Xazor liked them – and at that very moment a tiny cry in the Force could be felt as the stem was broken.

Lady Mylia
Jun 27th, 2003, 06:16:58 AM
Mylia smiled, having heard the quote before, from her father. She nodded to Dasquian, watching as he picked the flower. Even though she could not feel it, she knew that there was a twinge in the Force. She cleared her mind as Dasquian spoke, only thinking about what he was saying. "How do you learn to become more attuned with the Force?" As she asked Dasquian, she wished her father would have atleast taught her the basics of the Force.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 29th, 2003, 07:01:20 AM
“It’s all a matter of clearing your mind. It sounds simple, but it’s more difficult than you would think… all the time our minds are working, thinking about something, planning what to do next. Once you push all of this out of your thoughts you begin to become more perceptive. It’s then that you begin to feel it.”

Dasquian leant back, propping resting against his elbows with legs stretched out in front of himself, one ankle crossed over the other.

“After practice is becomes second nature, but it can be a little trying at first.”

Lady Mylia
Jun 29th, 2003, 01:10:45 PM
"A little trying?" Mylia thought to herself, she had seen her father do them several times but never tried to do it herself, well not seriously anyways. "May I practice clearing my mind? I am very anxious to begin." She said with a smile.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 29th, 2003, 01:13:07 PM
Dasquian gave a nod, “If you feel ready to, you may.”

Lady Mylia
Jun 29th, 2003, 08:49:39 PM
With a smile, Mylia nodded back. "Do you think I'm ready, Master? I feel I am ready, but it's altimately up to you."

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 2nd, 2003, 04:11:57 AM
“What’s important is that you feel completely ready. Though I can guide you, I cannot make every decision for you.”

Lady Mylia
Jul 2nd, 2003, 11:34:19 AM
Mylia nodded. "I am ready." She closed her eyes, relaxing her body. She took a deep and pushed every detail out of her mind. After what seemed like several minutes, Mylia began to get a different feeling, one she never felt before. It was a peaceful feeling yet she felt some anxiety. She thought of nothing, nothing else seemed important. She was just there, and nothing else really seemed to matter. The feeling scared her slightly and she was shaken from her peaceful state. She opened her eyes and looked to her master. "Wow..." Was all she could say.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 2nd, 2003, 11:52:47 AM
“Tell me what you just felt, Mylia,” Dasquian asked, with a smile – knowing that a persons first time at feeling the Force was always unusual.

Lady Mylia
Jul 2nd, 2003, 06:10:58 PM
Mylia smiled to her Master. "I felt peaceful, but at the same time anxious for something to happen. It was amazing, like nothing I have ever felt before."

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 3rd, 2003, 02:33:46 AM
“It is,” Dasquian smiled again.

“Now I want you to try and see if you can feel anything specific within the Force…say the people or plans around us.”

Lady Mylia
Jul 3rd, 2003, 05:15:01 AM
Mylia nodded. This was going to be very interesting. She closed her eyes and cleared her mind. She relaxed her body and mind, just trying to feel anything. She pushed harder and deeper into her mind, and finally after several minutes which seemed more like a half hour, she began to see shadows(two), in her mind. Pushing harder and deeper mumbled voices could be heard, but they could not be comprehended. Then all of the sudden the noise and the shadows began to fade, she tried desperately to get them to come back, but the more she tried, the fasted they faded. After several more moments she opened her eyes and looked at her Master. "I saw shadows, there were two. They were moving along, and I could hear noise. But I could not comprehend it. Then all of the sudden, the shadows faded and the noises stopped. Just like that, it was very strange." Mylia rubbed her head, she could feel a light headache coming on. "And the more I tried to keep the shadows and noises, the quicker they disappeared."

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 3rd, 2003, 05:26:06 AM
“You will have been seeing some two people near here, I would imagine. What you said about the more you concentrated, the quicker they faded… that is quite odd, although I have known some people to encounter such a problem because their mind became so active with trying to pick out things that they lost their focus on the Force.

It’s a difficult and delicate balance to keep between the two. Perhaps that’s the problem you’re encountering?”

Lady Mylia
Jul 3rd, 2003, 05:43:18 AM
Mylia listened to her Master. "I hope that it's that, not anything else. I guess I was so excited to be feeling something, when they started to fade got overly worked up trying to keep the images. Like you said, I lost my focus. How can I fix that?"

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 4th, 2003, 06:08:14 AM
“Well there could be a few solutions. You could try just letting your mind wander itself, guiding it only gently towards what you’re trying to find. I imagine with enough gentle nudges back and forth in the right direction it would eventually pick up on what you’re trying to locate.”

Again, Dasquian felt the reply was a little vague, and sighed slightly under his breath.

Lady Mylia
Jul 4th, 2003, 06:25:01 AM
Mylia nodded, getting the basic idea of Dasquian's reply. Maybe she was going to fast, to soon. Her mind was very new at this and she didn't want to over work herself. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes again, she just sat, clearing her mind of everything. As she sat, she kept very still, letting her mind go back to where it was before. After a while, maybe 5 minutes, her mind began to see the shadows once more, only this time they had an image. It was a man and a woman, their faces and what they were wearing were unclear, but the gender could be seen. Laughter could be heard along with jumbled chatter. After several minutes of "watching" the couple, Mylia stopped and opened her eyes, looking towards her Master. "I did what you said, I eased into the vision. This time, I gently let my mind wander until I found the two people again. It was a man and woman, they were laughing. I couldn't let who they were or anything, but I found them again! And not only that, I'm the one who stopped looking at them. I chose to stop." Mylia was very proud, even though it wasn't anything great, it showed progress, and she was happy she was getting it.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 6th, 2003, 06:13:17 AM
“That was excellent, Mylia. You are progressing very well.”

Dasquian shifted his posture a little, getting into a more comfortable cross-legged position.

“What I’d like you to try now is instead of seeing people or things, to try and see what I’m thinking, if you can. I have an image of something in my mind… and with the Force you should be able to see what it is.”

Lady Mylia
Jul 6th, 2003, 08:48:33 PM
Mylia nodded with a smile and closed her eyes again, she felt kind of weird shutting her eyes, but it helped her concentrate. She focus all her energy towards Dasquian but nothing happened. She cleared her mind of everything again, and put all her energy into focus around Dasquian, but still nothing. She sighed, took a deep breath, and tried for the time. After what felt like ten minutes of trying, she opened her eyes in defeat. A frusterated sigh arose fro her chest as she looked to Dasquian and shook her head. "Nothing, I saw nothing..."

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 10th, 2003, 04:54:08 AM
“Just relax, Mylia. It will come to you in time. Visualize yourself picking apart that which keeps you from seeing into my mind.”

Dasquian put a bit more concentration into visualizing the ship that he had in his mind, a small star fighter.

Lady Mylia
Jul 11th, 2003, 05:51:15 AM
Mylia nodded and closed her eyes again, this time she sighed, releasing her frusteration from her body. She imagined herself opening a door, a door into Dasquian's mind. She thought it was a bit silly, but she kept on picturing it. She concentrated even harder. Finally after several moments a fuzzy image appeared in her mind. It was big, but not very big, with a silvery color. The young padwan calmed herself and began concertrating even more. Soon the object began to take some shape, a ship. A small one is was she could make out, still the image was very blurry. After several more moments of concentrating Mylia opened her eyes, she knew that she would not get anymore out of the image on this try. "A small ship?" She questioned as she looked to Dasquian.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 23rd, 2003, 04:40:49 AM
“Correct. Well done.”

The Knight smiled.

“Now try and project something you are thinking into my mind.”

Lady Mylia
Jul 23rd, 2003, 08:38:37 AM
Mylia's eye widened. "Something into your mind . . ." She repeated. This was going to be interested she thought. First she picked her object--a wolf. Then she closed her eyes and began to think of the wolf. She opened her thoughts up to Dasquians and began to ease it towards him. k She continued doing this for several minutes, hoping that it was working.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 26th, 2003, 03:08:48 AM
Perceptive as Dasquian was it didn’t take long for a familiar image to pop into his head, that reminded him of Xazor.

“A wolf,” he chuckled, opening his eyes.

“See how easy this is? You can show others around you things you want them to see, or tell them things you want them to hear without others having any idea you are doing it.”

Lady Mylia
Jul 26th, 2003, 09:21:16 AM
Mylia nodded as she opened her eyes. "That's easier than I thought it would be, I just had to get the hang out it." She smiled. "It'll be very helpful."

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:38:54 AM
“Now,” Dasquian brought his hands together.

“Though it is an uncomfortable thing to talk about, the Darkside is everywhere. Proponents of evil are always on the look out for untrained minds to turn to their cause and it is for this reason that you must learn to build up a mental defense for yourself.”

Lady Mylia
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:53:15 PM
Mylia nodded as Dasquian spoke, she listened to his words carefully. "I understand that, but how do I build up my defenses?"

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 30th, 2003, 06:34:45 AM
“It will improve naturally as you become stronger in the Force. Some people are born with uncannily strong mental defenses, but on the other hands others have none what so ever.

Theoretically, its just the reverse of trying to show something from your mind. You can deliberately block them from viewing something, just one thought for example… it’s much too hard to completely shut off your mind as a whole at this level, so it would be best for us to just work on one image or thought at a time.”

Lady Mylia
Jul 30th, 2003, 11:18:42 PM
Mylia nodded. "That's understandable. It sounds hard though." Mylia thought for a moment and then looked to her Master. "So, I'm going to be thinking of the wolf again, but instead of focusing and sending the message towards you, I'll block the message from you?" Mylia felt she got the basic idea and hoped she wouldn't mess it up to badly.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 31st, 2003, 03:28:26 AM
“Yes, and you’re right it is harder than allowing someone to see into your mind, especially when you are dealing with Force users with a higher proficiency in the Force than yourself.”

Lady Mylia
Jul 31st, 2003, 05:35:17 AM
Oh great, Mylia thought to herself. "So, shall I try?" Mylia asked, wishing she didn't have to preform that task right now. She was thinking she'd never be able to figure it out.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 4th, 2003, 04:53:03 AM
“If you feel ready to, you may. If not, that is acceptable and we can attempt it at a later date,” Dasquian said with a small nod.

Lady Mylia
Aug 4th, 2003, 05:24:49 AM
"I do wish to try. I feel like I'm ready." Mylia looked to her Master once more before trying. She thought of some bird, but instead of focusing on sending the message towards Dasquian she kept it to herself, trying to force Dasquian out of her mind. She kept her eyes closed and continued concentrating of keeping her mind closed to all outside "intruders."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 4th, 2003, 05:58:08 AM
Usually with Padawans it was easy to sense their thoughts at ‘first glance’ so to speak, but when Dasquian found he could not do this he knew that Mylia was doing well. Now he tried to see into her mind more forcefully and found that he was presented with a block. Opening his eyes, he nodded.

“Good, Myila.”

He smiled.

“Do you have any questions about anything we have covered today?”

Lady Mylia
Aug 5th, 2003, 05:23:40 AM
Mylia opened her eyes, a bit surprised. "Really, I did good? You couldn't tell what I was thinking?" Mylia smiled and then shook her head. "No Sir. I don't have any questions."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 5th, 2003, 05:32:24 AM
“Excellent, then we are done here for today.”

Dasquian smiled, standing up on the verge as he stretched and looked around the park.

“We’d best be getting back to the Order now. You need some rest before tomorrows session.”

Lady Mylia
Aug 5th, 2003, 05:52:34 AM
Mylia nodded and stood up. She strectched slightly herself. She bowed to her Master. "Thank you, Dasquain. I will see you tomorrow."