PDA

View Full Version : Scott Glenn in Episode 3

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 17th, 2003, 09:15:16 PM
Saw this on theforce.net

Moviehole has received word that Scott Glenn [Silence of the Lambs, Backdraft] might be the next to step on board the Death Star.
According to several sources this week, Glenn is in talks with Director George Lucas for a role in "Star Wars Episode III".
"Glenn is a great character actor and would be great in a "Star Wars" film", remarks one scooper. "I also tried to do the math on this one; try to link Glenn to Lucas. What I came up with is reaching but hear me out: 1. Glenn starred in the awful sequel to "American Graffiti" entitled "More American Graffiti" which Lucas produced in 1979. 2. Lucas' long-time director friend and colleague Francis Ford Coppola, used Glenn in "Apocalypse Now" also in 1979. 3. Coppola's daughter, Sofia Coppola (who played the Queen's hand-maiden Saché in "Episode I"), used Glenn in her directorial debut "The Virgin Suicides".

Thanks to Marathin and others for the link

Haven't got a clue who he could play, have to say I doubt he could play Tarkin.

JMK
Jun 18th, 2003, 06:38:01 AM
I'd say he would be a new character.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 18th, 2003, 12:00:31 PM
Possibly maybe a new bounty hunter or somebody under Bail Organa.

JMK
Jun 18th, 2003, 07:54:40 PM
I was thinking he would be one of the founders of the rebellion.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 18th, 2003, 09:25:48 PM
Possibly though I don't think he can play the Corellian leader (can't remember his name) he is more EU but McCallum did say an EU character will show up in Episode 3 and he would be my guess though Glenn might be too old to play him.

ReaperFett
Jun 18th, 2003, 10:19:45 PM
Possibly though I don't think he can play the Corellian leader (can't remember his name)
That'd be Garm Bel Iblis :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 18th, 2003, 11:46:57 PM
Yep that is him, I think he is a little old for that part. If Glenn makes it I doubt he will be an OT character.

Figrin D'an
Jun 19th, 2003, 03:23:23 PM
That might actually be cool... have Garm Bel Iblis make an apperance... maybe show him meeting with Mon Mothma and Bail Organa, as kind of a prelude to what will eventually become the Rebellion.

But... I think Carr is right... Glenn might be a little old for that part.

He's a good character actor, though... he should be a nice addition in whatever role he has.

ReaperFett
Jun 19th, 2003, 07:57:07 PM
Bel Iblis was old when he co-formed the Rebellion. It's possible. Especially with the news in the thread I posted just :)