PDA

View Full Version : Infiltration

Park Kraken
Jun 17th, 2003, 05:26:50 PM
I just read the FAQ for the very first time. About Infiltration, what about Defection? When 1 Character leaves a group, and is accepted for membership in another group, (such as Imperial to Rebel), and he had access to information not normally avilable, would he/she be allowed to share it with the new group? Or would this be another form of Infiltration?

imported_Taja Loraan
Jun 17th, 2003, 05:35:09 PM
It would be another form of infiltration.

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 17th, 2003, 05:42:49 PM
No. Infiltration is infiltration. What you are asking to do must be cleared by the other group OOC before anything like that could be done.

Telan Desaria
Jun 17th, 2003, 06:06:07 PM
You must believe in character separation. For example, if an IC commodore helped forumlate a Grand Admiral's strategy, then defected, would not IC know of a raid about to be made on a Rebel world if thought of beforehand. OOC he would not be able to warn his new masters, but could have an IC epiphany that it was all part of the plan.

Think. Most importantly, think. But before you defect, consider.....why?

imported_Taja Loraan
Jun 17th, 2003, 06:34:32 PM
Originally posted by Navaria Tarkin
No. Infiltration is infiltration. What you are asking to do must be cleared by the other group OOC before anything like that could be done.

*ish stupid* But without consulting both groups, if you share otherwise confidential information, isn't that considered a form of infiltration? Well maybe not exactly that word, but still. :huh

TheHolo.Net
Jun 17th, 2003, 06:38:10 PM
Originally posted by Admiral Kraken
I just read the FAQ for the very first time. About Infiltration, what about Defection? When 1 Character leaves a group, and is accepted for membership in another group, (such as Imperial to Rebel), and he had access to information not normally avilable, would he/she be allowed to share it with the new group? Or would this be another form of Infiltration? Technically, if all the information said person had was gained in an In Character fashion before they left one group and joined another, then sharing the information with the new group IC is not a break of our infiltration rules, whether anyone is told about it in the old group or not. Information gained or shared in an OOC manner would however, be diferent.

imported_Taja Loraan
Jun 17th, 2003, 06:43:35 PM
I assumed he meant in an OOC manner. Sorry.

Park Kraken
Jun 17th, 2003, 08:54:45 PM
I wasn't actually considering defection myself, Telan, it just occured to me while reading the FAQ that it hadn't specifically covered defection, it probaly came into my mind as a result of me reading the latest Tom Clancey novel.