PDA

View Full Version : The Proper Facilities - Nadorj

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 15th, 2003, 11:59:17 AM
From what records the Jedi could obtain, this room was once used by Master Yoda long ago to teach young children how to use the Force to fine tune their abilities to levitate objects. It was barren of people right now except for Navaria. The room itself was spartan to help focus thought into the lesson. Only three rows of chairs and two metal boxes that were up against the wall, facing the window, and the Master's desk decorated the room.

Considering how her newest Padawan was eager to show off (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29212&perpage=20&pagenumber=1) his ability to move objects the day prior... this would be the perfect place to begin his training in controlling that ability. Navaria was busy going over some final personal items over her data-pad while waiting for Nadorj to arrive.

Nadorj
Jun 17th, 2003, 05:45:20 PM
Embarresed of being a little late Nadorj entered slowley. What a way to impress his master...showing up late.

'Hi. How are you?...Sorry for bieing late..I couldn't find my way here."

His greeting was meant to be friendly but even he could tell the eagerness in his voice to start training. If he could tell it, surely she could. Levitation was his favorite Force skill so he couldn't wait. He waited for an offer to sit down.

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 18th, 2003, 10:52:47 AM
She frowned ever so slightly, not upset at her Padawan but at the situation. Was there something wrong with her that made every student of hers late?

Navaria shook those thoughts away with a slight physical shrug.

"Morning to you my Padawan. Have a seat and then we can begin."

So far, the only problem foreseen with him was his eagerness. The desire to perfom well was a good trait, but sometimes such passion made the mind too jumbled with emotion.

Nadorj
Jun 18th, 2003, 09:51:58 PM
"Thank you" he said politley.

He did wish to start but he didn't wanted her to think that he couldn't control himself.

"Whenever you are ready Master."

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 20th, 2003, 09:18:12 AM
He has some semblance of control, but his eagerness was still bleeding through.

"Telekinesis is an art that may seem simple on the surface, but is actually one of the more harder aspects of the Force to control."

As she spoke, one of the crates in the back lifted off the ground and began to float towards Navaria's desk. His Master moved nor showed any sign that she was the one controlling the box. It was an impressive display of precise control over the Force.

"The countless applications and uses of this awesome power."

Almost to accentuate the point, the crate dropped down with an authoritative thud.

"Tell me, besides moving my plant ..."

She said with a half-smile.

"... what has been the limits with your abilities using telekinesis?"

Nadorj
Jun 21st, 2003, 09:55:12 PM
"Well I have noticed it is not limited by size at all, it seems that that if you believe that the size doesn't matter then a boulder is no harder to move than a pebble. The hard part is getting past the intimidation of the size. I have heard stories of Jedi lifting x-wings with their minds. I dont know if I could get past that size of an object. I have had problems with using telekinetics on several objects at once. I have heard of Corran Horn and him lifting 15 pebbles around his head and spinning them while training wth Luke Skywalker. That I would like to improve on."

He couldn't help but feel like he was bragging about his knowledge. He had done his research to learn about various Jedi Knights and Masters but he knew he didn't need to let everyone know that. He smiled and tried to feel what her response might...another sense he would like to improve.

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:11:57 PM
"Knowing your limitations is important. Enemies can use that knowledge against you unless you either train hard or learn to work around them."

The metal case clicked open and the top lifted upwards away from Navaria.

"Since I had a .. feeling about your limitation ..."

Three metal objects hovered out of the box and eased over to take a position above the Knight's head and both sides. Each one was a different shape; circle, square and triangle, that spun around in various motions.

"Now. Your first task is to make each one stop. None of them must be spinning and remain in place to pass."

She held up a device that Nadorj did not see before, it must have been hidden within the folds of her robes.

"I am not moving them by the Force. That would not be a fair test. You shall have sole control over their movement. Begin when you are ready."

This was also a test to see how Nadorj went about connecting and using the Force along with the methods he would employ to stop the objects.

Nadorj
Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:10:40 PM
He took a deep breath as he concentrated on the moving objects. At first he closed his eyes but then he looked up at her as he did it. He slowley applied his force powers on each of them slowing them a bit before holding them still. The triangle shaped object started to dip down but he felt it and equaled it out with the others. He held them there or a few seconds before asking,

"How long do you want me to hold them?"

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:07:00 AM
"Bring them to you, placing them in similar positions like I have. Once you have done so, let us see how long you can hold them."

Her finger was on the remote in a subtle fashion. Once he had completed the next step in the task, the difficulty in keeping the objects stationary would be increased.

Nadorj
Jun 29th, 2003, 01:36:59 PM
Nadorj brought the objects to him as ordered. He held them there steadily. It seemed rather easy to him at the moment. But he had a feeling that soon it wouldn't be so easy....

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 1st, 2003, 09:31:15 PM
Weighting how well he was able to control the objects at the lowest setting, it was time to up the ante.

She hit the controls to increase the difficulty to two levels higher and watched as Nadorj's control over the objects was broken. Each of the three shapes sprung back around Navaria within an instant.

"Try it again."

Nadorj
Jul 2nd, 2003, 03:05:16 PM
Nadorj feeling rather ashamed of his inability to hold the objects steadily, tried to remember he was a padawan and was still learning. He just had to have confidence in himself.That was easy for him to do, but he needed to be confident....not cocky.

"I'm ready."

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 3rd, 2003, 08:24:09 PM
His mind was aligning to properly meld with the Force. A good step.

"All right. Remember to relax and let your mind be free and open to let the Force flow you.... to reach out and take control of the objects."

And she waited....

Nadorj
Jul 4th, 2003, 12:53:32 PM
After taking a deep breath he exhaled slowly then closed his eyes. He felt for the objects, found them through the force and brought them above him.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 6th, 2003, 07:22:10 PM
"Now you have to stop them from moving around."

Nadorj had indeed brought them over, but they were still spinning around on their axis in increasing speeds.

Nadorj
Jul 12th, 2003, 06:50:41 PM
Nadorj concentrated and for some reason stopped them with out much trouble. Believing he could do it helped him. He held them above not moving and smiled.

"Is it bad to feel like this was easy?"

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 23rd, 2003, 03:23:07 PM
"Well that depends."

She turned off the device and studied Nadorj.

"How do you feel about it?"

Nadorj
Jul 24th, 2003, 12:59:13 PM
"It feels rather simple, like it is a part of me that i can control. Moving the object feels the same to me as moving my hand. Like it is a normal action."

Nadorj couldn't help but think he had a break through. It all at once became easier. He waited for his masters response.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 27th, 2003, 09:57:06 AM
It was the right attitude... Navaria felt no pride in his voice.

"Then we should move on. Nadorj? Please move to the far side of the room by the window."

The distance would be roughly ten meters from where the Padawan was to where Navaria would eventually be.

Nadorj
Aug 2nd, 2003, 04:06:48 PM
"Yes Master."

Nadorj wondered what they would do next. I couldnt be as easy as the last thing he had done. It was bound to be harder. He put that thought aside. Something was still bothering him. Almost uncontrollably nadorj asked a question.

"Master....could you tell me about your childhood.....and your brother?"

Nadorj realized that he was ringing up painful memories and tried to make up for it.

"Im sorry, maybe now isnt the right time."

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 5th, 2003, 09:18:06 PM
She was positioning the objects towards the far wall, opposite of Nadorj. His question threw her. Not the content but the timing.

"Why do you ask now?"

Her voice gentle and not scolding. Navaria was genuinely curious about her Padawan's thoughts.

Nadorj
Aug 7th, 2003, 07:27:08 PM
"Its been bothering me sense our first meeting and why now....Im not sure. It felt like we had a better connect for some reason...through the Force.."

Nadorj was slightly bothered that he had even asked. What was he thinking to bring up emotional things right now?

"I guess the curiousity go to me...made me ask....or maybe."

Nadorj wondered...could the Force had made him ask?

(With Caution) "Or mabye the Force made me ask..."

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 11th, 2003, 09:55:22 PM
"No..."

She looked away thoughtfully.

"The Force can hint at things with sincere subtlness that causes you to ask without you realizing the source of the question."

The little practice objects powered down.

"If you want to talk about this now... we can, if you do not wish to train at this moment."

Nadorj trully meant well ... and she had nothing to hide.

Nadorj
Aug 12th, 2003, 01:54:18 AM
"No. Perhaps now is not the right time. Let me continue my training but right after I would like to talk about this if possible master."

Nadorj felt there was no need to speak more.

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 14th, 2003, 08:45:58 PM
"All ... right."

She was starting to wonder about him and the objects hummed back to life once more.

"The ability to control them to stop is one thing but hitting them is another. By the desk closest to you will by a case. Retrieve it if you would be so kind."