PDA

View Full Version : Emotions and seeing (open/Jandor/Sage)

Kueller
Jun 15th, 2003, 06:12:39 AM
Kueller was on a balcony in a training section of the Academy. Looking out on the enclosed gardens. Kueller was on his own he wasn't sure where his master was. Kueller could sense everything that was going on in the room behind him. If even a fly moved he could sense it. He was not as finely attuned as some of the Jedi Masters, but he had a talent for it there was no doubt about that. Kueller saw his Master go into the door in the garden and felt him come up the stairs and enter the room behind him.

Sage Hazzard
Jun 16th, 2003, 12:23:50 AM
"Kueller. Sightseeing I presume? The garden is breathtaking, isn't it?"

Kueller
Jun 16th, 2003, 09:47:52 AM
Kueller did not turn, "Yes. But I was not looking at the view. I was tuning my mind to others emotions."

Sage Hazzard
Jun 17th, 2003, 12:54:12 AM
"Interesting. Let me ask you, as I've pondered this myself many times... is there a point where it becomes wrong to monitor a person? Can one perhaps dwelve to deep into someone's thoughts and feelings?"

It was Sage's teaching style. By asking questions he let his Padawans come up with their own answers, instead of being mindless 'yes men' to their Master's ideals.

Kueller
Jun 17th, 2003, 12:58:37 PM
"Sometimes it maybe nessesary to monitor another's mind just to be kind. Even if they do not wish us to. I think it is whether we have the will not to when the point becomes too clear that is the challenge."

Jandor
Jun 17th, 2003, 01:45:07 PM
-The doors swept open and Jandor wandered in. He followed the talking voices and just caught the last few of Kuellers words. He would of asked but thought it rude to interupt.-

Sage Hazzard
Jun 18th, 2003, 12:55:55 AM
Sage turned to see Jandor, sensing someone else in the room.

"I don't believe we've met. Sage Hazzard."

Jandor
Jun 18th, 2003, 02:19:28 AM
"Jandor Tarvin."

-He said with a polite smile and a nod.-

Kueller
Jun 18th, 2003, 09:31:19 AM
"Yeah we met at the B+G." Kueller said to Sage, "And this is my master." Kueller said to Jandor. "I practice my skills with Jandor."

Sage Hazzard
Jun 20th, 2003, 12:48:22 AM
"Ah, good, good. So what have you two been practicing on, as of late?"

Kueller
Jun 20th, 2003, 09:29:50 AM
"Mmmm. I've been training with a lightsabre as I always fight unarmed I need the practice."

Jandor
Jun 20th, 2003, 10:13:33 AM
"I'm a natural lightsaber wielder so I make an effort to keep my fighting and acrobatic skills up to scratch but more recently I've been beginning to practice some telekinesis and telepathy. Nothing much, just moving small things around my room and a some light tele-empathy."

Sage Hazzard
Jun 20th, 2003, 11:59:45 PM
"It's a good thing to keep yourself active in more things than Combat," Sage said to Jandor, then turned to Kueller. "As well as to expand your martial skill. You two seem to compliment each other well. Have either of you found the Force speaking out to you in special ways, more strongly than in other areas?"

Kueller
Jun 21st, 2003, 01:22:32 AM
"I, as I said earlier, can use the Force to read peoples emotions aswell as sensing others in the same room as me."

Jandor
Jun 22nd, 2003, 04:09:35 AM
"Most definatley combat.
The force almost seeks to help me to strenthen and speed my movements, I can almost feel the air thicken benath my feet as I flip through the air.
Occasionally, when it comes REALLY close, the force warns me of the danger to come.
I've dodged quite alot of head shots that way."

Sage Hazzard
Jun 23rd, 2003, 01:11:35 AM
"Interesting... So, in what ways are you two lacking?"

Kueller
Jun 23rd, 2003, 12:53:45 PM
"I really am not keen on using a lightsabre. I prefer hand to hand combat."

Jandor
Jun 23rd, 2003, 01:06:17 PM
"Well, my telekinesis is very weak and I have virtually no telepathic ability."

Sage Hazzard
Jun 25th, 2003, 12:53:41 AM
"Telepathy can be compensated by using sound judgement and having experience. You don't need to know a person's thoughts if you have a good ability to judge someone by their actions and know how to act in ways that never put yourself at risk. Telekinisis, though benificial certainly, can be overcome by other areas if trained adequetely enough."

Sage turned to Kueller.

"Ah. There will be times when you will have to use a sabre, but that sabre should be an extention of your body. And enlongated hand. Though there are forms that contradict that, it might suit you. Hand-to-Hand can work on it's own though, if you act quickly enough. Actually, I'm curious, what martial art or arts do you know?"

Kueller
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:18:38 AM
Kueller realised what his Master had meant by 'forms', "My preferred form is IV. I always fight in that style."

Sage Hazzard
Jun 28th, 2003, 01:49:35 AM
Sage rubbed his chin.

"Interesting. Why do you prefer that style most?"

Kueller
Jun 28th, 2003, 11:47:52 AM
"I can use it to my advantage but with the other forms I cannot concentrate as much. If I am using the Force to jump and flip I am more likely to use the Force to sense their emotions. If I am using the Force for one thing then I can more easily use it for another if you see where I am coming from."

Sage Hazzard
Jun 29th, 2003, 01:23:44 AM
"I suppose. How about you Jandor, what fighting style do you prefer?"

Jandor
Jun 30th, 2003, 03:26:42 AM
"I learned to fight on my own, trial and error. I've developed a technique that I picked up and ajusted from some aquaintences in my earlier life.
People used to make fun of my style, 'cos the move movements are sweeping and graceful it looks more like a dance. My slave carrer took of and my style proved more then effective and the spectators nicknamed it "wardancing" so that's what I call it."

Sage Hazzard
Aug 4th, 2003, 12:50:14 AM
"Well then, would either of you object to doing some basic exercises? Perhaps in the realm of sensory perception or similar?"

Kueller
Aug 4th, 2003, 12:52:17 AM
Kueller was good at this. "I have no objection." Kueller started tuning his senses.

OOC: I think Jandor's out of this.

Sage Hazzard
Aug 6th, 2003, 01:01:53 AM
"Good. Tell me, how many insects are in the garden below."

Sage knew it would be impossible for even a Master to count each one. However, the more realistic estimated number Kueller gave, the better his skill.

OOC - Noted. I'll proceed without him. Though he's free to come back in and catch-up (just write what you did, trying to fit it into what we did)

Kueller
Aug 6th, 2003, 02:39:31 PM
Kueller knew it was a trick question. It was near impossible to count the buzzing life. He closed his eyes and sorted the insects into life energy order. The more life energy the quicker they show up. As he counted them he blocked the lifesign out and counted the next. After what felt like the longest two minutes of his life he opened his eyes and said, "I make it near 500." It was a very rough estimate but knew it was about right.

Sage Hazzard
Aug 7th, 2003, 01:58:24 AM
Sage nodded.

"How many of those fly? Currently."

Kueller
Aug 7th, 2003, 02:04:27 AM
Currnetly? That meant he had to count them all again. This time the ones that were in the air came first. Again he blocked out their lifesigns as he counted them. Then the ones that had some form of wing came through.
"I make it just over 210."

Sage Hazzard
Aug 8th, 2003, 12:50:01 AM
So the Padawan was good. If he was as intelligent as he was skilled he'd quickly see a pattern here. Sage was making this increasingly difficult.

"210? Hmm. Can you find out, out of the insects currently flying, how many are polinating at the moment?" A very hard task.

Kueller
Aug 8th, 2003, 01:36:10 AM
Kueller closed his eyes again but this time blocked out any insects that weren't increasing it's mass. And there were very few left over. He made it 12.
"12 sir."

Sage Hazzard
Aug 9th, 2003, 12:42:59 AM
Sage was pleased.

"Very well done, Kueller. Let's move onto something of a different nature. Close your eyes."

Kueller
Aug 9th, 2003, 01:53:23 AM
Kueller did so.

Sage Hazzard
Aug 9th, 2003, 01:59:39 AM
"Now, I will do something. I want you to be specific as possible in explaining what I am doing."

Sage raised his right hand and made a waving motion, directed at Kueller.

Kueller
Aug 9th, 2003, 02:03:41 AM
"You're waving at me with your right hand." It was knid of stupid as he knew what Sage was going to do before he did it.

Sage Hazzard
Aug 11th, 2003, 01:16:12 AM
Sage's expression changed. Was he that adept?

"Take me through your process of finding that out."

Kueller
Aug 11th, 2003, 02:44:52 AM
"Well I probed your mind. And sensed you were going to do it. I also sensed that you were doing it at the time you were doing it. If you had closed your mind I would've been able to crack it though." Kueller laughed. "To be honest I'm not sure how I did it."

Sage Hazzard
Aug 14th, 2003, 11:47:38 PM
"Ah. There are times however when mind reading won't work. Especially against powerful opponents who are heavily trained in thought gaurding. A more effective way to forsee an opponent's attack might be to open to the Force and try and anticipate the next action through instinct and feeling alone. Or you could see my arm in your mind and follow it's motions, by reading between the lines so to speak. Much like how when you move through water you make waves, the same is true for the Force. Expanding your options like this will give you an edge. Try again, but try a different method. Your's is a good one, but a well rounded Jedi is a successful one."

Sage held up two fingers on his left hand.

"What am I doing now?"

Kueller
Aug 15th, 2003, 01:09:18 PM
This time Kueller measured the void that was created around the arm, so he was effectivley colouring around the arm and hand. "You are holding up two fingers, your first and forth, on your left hand." Kueller said grinning. Not because he thought he was right but because of the sign that the two fingers formed.