PDA

View Full Version : Heckled

Abagael Zellan
Jun 13th, 2003, 09:30:57 AM
I was talking to my grandmother on the phone, and the subject came up that I have too many 'hang-ups' (she's one of those critical old biddies). So I got to thinking and I came up with a list of the things that actually do annoy the heck out of me.

1) People who listen to bad music and then get on my case for saying it's bad music, as if my interest in Holst and Stravinsky somehow negates my ability to have an opinion. The best was when someone called me "negative" for expressing my hatred of 'NSYNC.

2) Everyone in my philosophy class, excluding Josh and Ms. Heidersbach. They are the lone pillars of intelligence in that oxygen-deprived room.

3) People who have cyber-sex. Ooooh baby, your hard drive is so BIG!

4) People who go around saying they are "pro-life" who then vocalize their intent to murder abortion doctors!

5) Religious freaks on TV in general.

6) Eminem. I hope the misogynistic ---hole pisses off the wrong woman, preferably Lorena Bobbit.

7) Nasty rumors, especially when they're about my buddies. But they're never about me. I wonder why?

8) Shallow people. I'm talking about the types who hate you if you don't drive a Honda, own a Honda lawnmower, and basically screw the CEO of Honda every night. Jesus Christ, get a life. They aren't that great of cars anyway; my last encounter with a Honda left my baby Toyota totaled.

9) Individuals who hold grudges for most of their lives, and then get pissed when they wonder why they are having ulcers.

10) The Northwest Electric Symphony of Strings, myself excluded, although I have been known to get on my own nerves at times.

11) The staff of the school papers (whether it be high school or college), who interview their friends and get sound bites from people with roughly the same intelligence level as them, and who begin sentences with "I'll admit I'm a girl" and misspell the word "creative" as "crative”

12) George W. Bush. The American people actually elected a man who said "We're going to have the best educated American people in the world." I guess it's just a barometer of the IQ of this great nation. James Garfield, our brighest president, is spinning in his grave.

I put the unedited list on my website, but what I'm wondering is 1) Is it not normal to have things like this bother you and

2) what makes you want to gouge your eyes out and emancipate yourself from the human race?

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/230980/irny_sar.gif

Charley
Jun 13th, 2003, 09:34:59 AM
I don't have the free time to compile such an enormous list. Suffice to say that everybody in the world, at some point in their lives, does something to piss me off. I've got thick skin about it though.

Ka' el Darcverse
Jun 13th, 2003, 10:04:47 AM
I generally do not get worked up about much of anything but there are a few things that do get under my skin.

3: People who think that they are the end all of all knowledge and understanding in whatever field they are talking about. I don't care if you have 5 Ph.Ds and are a nobel laureate or if your spell check simply works better than mine. Frell off and get a life no one cares....

2: People who get annoyed at the fact that someone may disagree with them. Whether it be philosophically, musically, what brand of shoes you wear, again take this simple advice. Go get laid, your jacking off so much you've turned mean.

1: So called enlightened thinkers. I don't care if you think my ways are outdated and backwards. Don't scream down my throat that I'm narrow-minded when I say I don't think women should be preachers or I believe that there is one way into heaven. I'm not going to hit you in the hammer until you believe my way cause I believe everyone has a right to choose, but you seem to believe that only people that believe the same carbon copy bull-<smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> you do, have that right. Believe your way, I'll believe mine and we'll let god or fate or nothing decide in the end.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 13th, 2003, 05:33:25 PM
I pissed off Charley!? :cry

Charley
Jun 15th, 2003, 10:20:16 PM
Its unavoidable. Everybody does it at some point in their life. No worries.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jun 15th, 2003, 10:25:43 PM
*knows she did several times* mew....

Pierce Tondry
Jun 15th, 2003, 11:35:40 PM
Originally posted by Abagael Zellan

You better recognize! ;)

Compiling that kind of list seems a bit like a waste of time to me, no offense intended. Why dwell on pet peeves? They just irk you more then.

Dae Jinn
Jun 16th, 2003, 02:11:38 AM
LD -- Charley has also pissed everyone else off at least once in their lifetime, so it all evens out in the end ;)

You what my pet peeve is? Certain people you talk to on IM, who know you don't like the word "Heh" and then say it every other sentence! *glares at Pierce!* :mad

:lol Everything irks me, I'm just glad I don't have Mod or Admin powers, half the board would be banned on a whim! :lol

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jun 16th, 2003, 07:35:59 PM
pet peeve of mine, ppl saying I do one word posts too much, I don't see ppl getting yelled at who do it more than me...we all do it so can we stop the yelling at me?:(

Charley
Jun 16th, 2003, 07:46:30 PM
No.

In fact, if you mew, purr, scratch, or bat at anything again, I'll give you a muriatic acid flea dip. Then I'll hit you with a 78 Lincoln continental. THEN, I'll sell you off to a violin maker for fun and profit. So stop, good idea!

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jun 16th, 2003, 07:51:40 PM
:rolleyes missing my point.....

Oddball
Jun 16th, 2003, 07:53:10 PM
I dont get something. How do people who dont affect you one bit annoy you? It's not like you join in, is it? :)

Charley
Jun 16th, 2003, 07:57:42 PM
First, I couldn't for the life of me think of anybody else who posts as many single word or single emoticon posts as you, but that isn't nearly as mind-numbingly annoying as OOCing yourself as a cat, which makes me want to scrub my eyes into jelly with sandpaper.

Just....pretend you're a human being within the confines of OOC, k?

Hart
Jun 16th, 2003, 08:30:34 PM
People who think that just because they're using a cellphone, they can completely disregard any code of conduct in civilization.

Pierce Tondry
Jun 16th, 2003, 09:20:43 PM
And Hart wins a prize for official correctness! It blows my mind when people answer their cell phones while I'm ringing up their order. How exactly do they expect me to be able to talk to them when they've got the phone jammed into their ear?

I'm not complaining, mind you, because it doesn't actually make me angry. I just can't help but sit there and think they're being really stupid.

Edit to Dae: Well, why don't you cry about it? :p

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 16th, 2003, 09:29:51 PM
Originally posted by Sorreessa Tarrineezi
:rolleyes missing my point.....

No, you are missing OUR point. I dont know why you refuse to even consider you are in the wrong. Well, in this case you are. We have been amazingly tolerant with you, now we are simply telling you ENOUGH. No more.

imported_Grev Drasen
Jun 16th, 2003, 09:44:51 PM
6) Eminem. I hope the misogynistic ---hole pisses off the wrong woman, preferably Lorena Bobbit. Heh, is Eminem really that bad? Anyway, if you're going to say that you might as well include nearly all mainstream rappers because most of them are guilty of the same crime.

I miss the days of Hammer. :(

Dae Jinn
Jun 16th, 2003, 10:04:51 PM
Originally posted by Pierce Tondry
Edit to Dae: Well, why don't you cry about it? :p

:(

*sniffles*

:cry

:mneh It's not my fault you have a small vocabulary! ;)

Lion El' Jonson
Jun 17th, 2003, 10:00:05 AM
6) Eminem. I hope the misogynistic ---hole pisses off the wrong woman, preferably Lorena Bobbit.

Eminem isn't truly that bad. His style is getting old now (all of his songs end up sounding the same), but I'd rather listen to him than 50 Cent or Snoop Dog. His songs tell a story, rather that just spilling out words that were chosen because they rhyme.

Charley
Jun 17th, 2003, 10:21:07 AM
50 cent is horrible. Absolutely horrible.

Don't dis on Snoop though. My nigga ^_^;

Lion El' Jonson
Jun 17th, 2003, 10:32:35 AM
Alright, Snoop isn't as bad as most.

But 50 Cent is horrendous. I wish one of the 9 shells he had been hit with had finished him off. Busta is cool, merely because he can rap so...damn...fast...:lol

imported_Grev Drasen
Jun 17th, 2003, 01:44:52 PM
Snoop is terrible at rapping. But he's hilarious.

Lion El' Jonson
Jun 17th, 2003, 02:12:56 PM
See? There's another good point. He has damn good titles for his CDs.

Charley
Jun 17th, 2003, 04:35:18 PM
Fo shizzle dizzle fizzle my nizzle izzle :cool

Sene Unty
Jun 18th, 2003, 07:46:57 AM
I find that show of his funny as hell. :lol

anybody else seen it?

Charley
Jun 19th, 2003, 08:11:33 PM
Yes, it is :cool

Wei Wu Wei
Jun 19th, 2003, 09:18:37 PM
I hate it when people are too proud to cooperate with others.

Charley
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:05:11 AM
I watched a documentary about people who ride vespa's. Made me think of you, Wei. It was funny, because the commentator was asking the people there "Doesn't that make you a little bit dorky?" and they were all like "Yeah!"