PDA

View Full Version : OOC question/discussion

Fallen
Jun 13th, 2003, 02:07:19 AM
Yeah hi, my char's name is "Alastor" and has been a slight cause for concern as of late. You see Alastor is a kind of vampyre and I understand that all vampyres come from here but I have an idea that I'd like to run by you guys before you decide that I should be kicked of.

What if there was an order of vampire hunters out there who collected together all the strageler vapires, the odd survivor of a vampire night out on the town.
Well, lets say the order trainned and even bred their collection to produce a kind of vampire sub-strain designed and trainned as vampire hunters.
That way Alastor gets to keep his vampire advantages without strictly being a vampire (not quite as vampirian but could still take a vampire n00b).

Alastor is not a Jedi, a sith or a vampire so to keep him a deccent character he needs some atribute that keeps him in the game. Not better, just a survivor.

Alastor is a vampire hunter and so naturally would have been kept a secret by the v-hunter order from the shrine until his first mission.

What do you guys think?

Dae Jinn
Jun 13th, 2003, 02:11:49 AM
That way Alastor gets to keep his vampire advantages without strictly being a vampire (not quite as vampirian but could still take a vampire n00b).

You can't have vampire powers without being a vampire of some kind. IMHO.

Alastor is not a Jedi, a sith or a vampire so to keep him a deent character he needs some atribute that keeps him in the game. Not better, just a survivor.

Many people have done this, and they don't need special powers to "keep themselves in the game."
I'm not a Shrine member, but I find it quite pathetic that people are coming here, claiming to be vampires and not getting permission first. Considering that people who rp as Vampires have done so for a long time, and have set a certain standard/rules for vampires in the SW Universe.

** And, if the rest of the Shrine or any mods disagree, you may delete this post if want.:)**

Taylor Millard
Jun 13th, 2003, 02:53:44 AM
While the idea isn't a bad idea and might work in another universe outside of SWFans, it doesn't work here.

It's posted in FAQs of the Shrine board (http://nkain.clanpages.com/Shrine.htm) , RPers who wish to RP previously made vampires need to get the Shrine's permission before doing so. This means before starting RPs, not posting 3 or 5 posts, then coming and asking permission.

That might work on your parents or teachers, but uh uh, it doesn't fly here.

The Shrine doesn't mind you RPing a vampire (and they always welcome new members) however, you need permission before starting to RP one.

Those who have RPed characters who are previously made vampires have gotten permission first before posting.

So the suggestion I have for you, is get the Shrine's permission before starting an RP with either this character or your next vampire character.

It's safer and also allows you some better interaction than just showing up and saying, "Ah hah! I have come for you!"

Also, if you wish to have this served to you as a warning from a moderator you may take it as one. The Shrine does welcome new RPers and new recruits...however there are rules to follow, so please do. If you don't then you only serve to make people frustrated and then it reduces the fun level for everyone, including yourself.

Mockadane
Jun 13th, 2003, 03:05:21 AM
I concur with Dae Jenn.

Crap don’t make me come after you..... And if your Darknight char breaks into one more of my threads without permission or pming me I will trash you in it.

Darren Caerdeth
Jun 13th, 2003, 03:07:36 AM
As far as "Keeping your character in the game".

start from scratch. Build your character up. Have him learn his skills and gain his powers as the character progresses. When I started this character account, Darren wasnt anything more than a blood drinking human. Slowly, he's getting stronger, adapting to his race, learning new powers.

Trying to start your character out powerful is severely looked down upon. You've got people who have been RPing characters for years, and they have some of the most powerful characters on the boards. They all started from scratch, and people around here respect them.

Trying to make every character you have overlly powerful is gonna succeed in annoying people, which will get you ignored, maybe even banned.

Take that as a word of advice.

Fallen
Jun 13th, 2003, 04:17:39 AM
Sure okay, thankx guys

and Btw mockadane, DarKnight was licked of a while ago.