PDA

View Full Version : Another Vampire discussion

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 12th, 2003, 04:59:31 AM
http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=538783#post538783

Discuss, say your piece or yes / no. I've already said mine.

BTW, anyone starts any trouble on this, ban them immediatly. I've already put in the warning.

Figrin D'an
Jun 12th, 2003, 10:28:10 AM
who was the other vampire that Dasq mentioned? I don't recall a vamp ever being involved in GJO...

Morgan Evanar
Jun 12th, 2003, 12:15:56 PM
Tomak was supposedly a vampire, but he got stupid and got gone, AFAIK.

Why is it most people who want to be vampires and Jedi are morons?

I really think in this case it depends on who is playing them. They'd have to have a really nice RP record for me to say yes, because every past attempt has ended like a speeder into a redwood.

AmazonBabe
Jun 12th, 2003, 02:36:44 PM
Tomak was supposedly a vampire, but he got stupid and got gone, AFAIK.

Funny... he posted maybe about a week ago in a thread over at the B&G O_o

Ok, here's my stance on this whole vampire thing. I can deal with it so long as it's believable to a certain point. Heck, I almost made a vampy character myself with the intent for her to be a "good" vampire. I even went so far as to think about having her join GJO, but then thought that it'd be better for her to be a lone wolf type (I was going for the Angel scenario).

Anyways, like I said, i don't mind vamps so long as they're believable. And they're much more believable in the Shrine and Sith and whatever other Dark Side group. Also, they're believable if they're lone wolf types.

But a vamp, albiet good, joining the GJO just doesn't seem right to me. Unless that vamp lived on rats or other animals for it's source of food, they wouldn't fit in the GJO (i mean, when was the last time you heard of a Jedi drinking the blood of a sentient being?).

Anyhoo, just my thoughts on the matter.

Figrin D'an
Jun 12th, 2003, 04:32:52 PM
I just can't see a vamp character fitting in with GJO. Part of being a Jedi is protecting sentient life, and a vampire, by it's very nature, certainly doesn't do this. The only way I could see it working would be in a "Blade"- type of situation, in which the character takes synthesized blood suppliments to quell the need for blood. Even at that... the quintesential vampire, in legends and lore from around the world, are described as being vicious, and stealers of life.

I also agree with Marcus comments about the physical weaknesses of vampires. In my opinion, anyone who chooses to play a vampire character, and takes on the attributes that they possess (inhuman speed and agility, immortality, etc) also need to take on their faults (death from sunlight, aversions to garlic and sanctified water, etc).

I'm not that crazy about the idea of a vamp Jedi, but if the person is willing to accept certain conditions, I won't oppose it.

TheHolo.Net
Jun 13th, 2003, 01:05:58 PM
If I had the time and inclination I think I could pull off quite the convincing Jedi Vampire, which would be quite fun to do and do well (and not even rip off "Blade" doing it), but I agree, I have yet to see one done right.

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 13th, 2003, 07:44:04 PM
I dunno, if the Vampire was only upon taken the 'evildoer' so to speak, that might be too bad. It would be a constnt struggle of what is right and wrong to the character

But alas, never been done right ... but there would have to be restrictions and the like.

TheHolo.Net
Jun 13th, 2003, 09:34:58 PM
Originally posted by Navaria Tarkin
...It would be a constnt struggle of what is right and wrong to the character... That is exactly what would make it fun.

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 16th, 2003, 05:01:11 PM
You know what? The entire Vampire idea has just rubbed me the wrong way ever since I first came to this board... So I'm a bit biased when I say that people should INVENT THEIR OWN ORIGINAL CHARACTERS ALREADY and quit playing their immortal-with-the-body-of-a-supermodel, blood-guzzling, Poe-quoting, "oh how I lothe the cruel, cruel sun" lamenting, poor understanding of the apostrophe crew... the whole lot of them.

So, given that we can't make people be original, I'd say go for it. Let them in the GJO and we'll see what happens. I just think it's sad that there are so many good SW-based civilizations out there that some people just resort to un-oringinality to a large scale. :)

TheHolo.Net
Jun 16th, 2003, 05:53:33 PM
I created my own race and am proud of it. :D

Ogre = Kashirian

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 16th, 2003, 06:30:22 PM
I am avoiding the present 'discussion' in OOC. I'm in a good mood, despite pulling a groin muscle and I have no desire to read more Shrine stupidity.

TheHolo.Net
Jun 16th, 2003, 06:34:24 PM
I just couldn't let them create their own rule that enveloped all of the community without it at least being debated to see what the majority thought. As it stand it looks like the opposition is higher in numbers than the supporters. Hopefully its pretty much over now. >_<

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 16th, 2003, 06:42:43 PM
Geee, were they the same people a few years ago saying they could not be dictacted to how they play characters?

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 16th, 2003, 08:04:47 PM
I did the vamp thing cuz I like Vamps. Now that I see how wonderful they are represented and how I am being treated, feh. I think Miranda is going bye bye but what to do with her :cry

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 16th, 2003, 08:31:38 PM
If she's not undead, how about join the Lost?

(Cause the Lost isnt actaually a Jedi group, is a RP group)

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 16th, 2003, 08:33:24 PM
Hmm .. .... ....

think think think

Well, she is dead but I mentioned at meras about possibly rebooting her completely

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 16th, 2003, 08:59:39 PM
Invite's open :)

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 16th, 2003, 09:02:38 PM
and is taken ... since i have a solution thanks to morg and his odd character

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 16th, 2003, 09:06:44 PM
^_^

Now if Soth and co woud STFU, things would be cruisy

Figrin D'an
Jun 16th, 2003, 09:22:25 PM
My opinions on the matter were made clear in a PM I sent to Mr. .Net. Beyond that, I have no interest in the thread in question. I'm now quite happy that I chose to stay out of it.

TheHolo.Net
Jun 16th, 2003, 09:38:21 PM
I'm sad I had to reapeat myself over and over and over and over and over and over {and over...}

>_<

I swear, some people don't even bother to read posts. They just look at what you said and see what they want it to be.

:x

Figrin D'an
Jun 16th, 2003, 09:51:59 PM
Originally posted by SWFans.Net
I swear, some people don't even bother to read posts. They just look at what you said and see what they want it to be.

:x

Yeah... apparently some more than others... COUGHALANACOUGH...

God, she's so dense she makes lead look like jello...

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 16th, 2003, 09:54:42 PM
OUCH! Much pain caused by laughing @ Fig!

Morgan Evanar
Jun 16th, 2003, 10:01:51 PM
[23:53] Sorreessa: Darth Turbogeek: iWhoSaysNi: Tell her to read the fucking notice at the top of the board to what notice are you refering seeing as I can see next to nothing at the moment?
[23:54] iWhoSaysNi: The one thats been up there for, oh, the better part of a year that says to talk to me regarding complaints about GJO's administration
[23:54] Sorreessa: can't say that I remember seeing it honestly....
[23:55] iWhoSaysNi: Posted by Morgan Evanar on 10-10-02 11:12:33 PM:

All Complaints Regarding GJO Moderation...

Please direct them to me.

Thank you,
The GJO Staff.
[23:55] iWhoSaysNi: its a sticky topic in Arcan
[23:55] Sorreessa: which I can't see.....
[23:55] iWhoSaysNi: look at the date
[23:56] iWhoSaysNi: IE thats not an excuse.
[23:56] Sorreessa: I'm well aware but I never remember seeing it there....
[23:56] iWhoSaysNi: ITS AT THE TOP OF ARCAN FOR 8 MONTHS.
[23:57] Sorreessa: well one doesn't read everything posted......
[23:57] iWhoSaysNi: Its stickied for a reason.
[23:58] Sorreessa: at any rate, after my warning, I was not allowed to prove I wouldn't do it anymore, I made no oe word posts tonight at all, kinda defeats the purpose of a warning when the person is allowed a long enough time to make ammends....
[23:59] Sorreessa: the person ^isn't
[23:59] iWhoSaysNi: Well, the short of it is that you're banned because you ignorned many warnings about spam and have had probably 50 posts deleted, and if you post with any of your other accounts, I'll promptly can their access. If you continue to violate the ban, I will petition to have you removed from SWFans.
[23:59] iWhoSaysNi: We've warned you about spam over the course of at least a month
[23:59] iWhoSaysNi: You continued to ignore our warnings.
[00:00] Sorreessa: what bugs me is this is never spoken to the person beforehand, did any of you ever once talk to me in private of this? no, I see today a warning, I try to be good and still this happens...
[00:01] iWhoSaysNi: I'm sorry you didn't read them, but really, its not like you haven't been warned before. This decision is pretty much final.
[00:02] Sorreessa: I only remember being warned once when I posted a smiley laugh outside of the weeee! thread, where these countless warnings you say were I did not see them...
[00:03] iWhoSaysNi: Too bad. Goodnight.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 16th, 2003, 10:05:36 PM
[23:43] Darth Turbogeek: agh, now she's fucking AIM'ing me
[23:43] iWhoSaysNi: Tell her to bathe in a pool of slimy rubber cocks
[23:43] iWhoSaysNi: Tell her to read the fucking notice at the top of the board
[23:44] iWhoSaysNi: ALL COMPLAINTS TO ME
[23:45] iWhoSaysNi: Feel free to quote me, btw
[23:45] Darth Turbogeek: Done
[23:49] iWhoSaysNi: Hasn't IMed me yet.
[23:49] * iWhoSaysNi whistles jeopardy theme
[23:55] Darth Turbogeek: Fig'sd post. Mush pain from laughng
[23:55] iWhoSaysNi: haha
[23:56] iWhoSaysNi: how much of what I said did you quote me on?
[23:56] Darth Turbogeek: Basically, to complain to you......?
[23:56] iWhoSaysNi: oh
[23:57] iWhoSaysNi: I was hoping you inlcuded the rubber cocks.
[23:57] iWhoSaysNi: =/

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 17th, 2003, 02:19:24 AM
Okay, after some amusement, back on topic. I take it the answer is a dubious yes?

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 17th, 2003, 08:44:42 AM
if you mean me ... o_O

yes?

:)

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 17th, 2003, 11:27:13 PM
Rubber... Cocks?

That's new one.

It really sounds like she's just being dense on purpose. Now granted, there are others who tend to post simply a :lol or what have you, but does anything get through to her? I'm getting a bit irked at people who blame their own ignorance on the admin staff... i.e:

[23:59] iWhoSaysNi: We've warned you about spam over the course of at least a month
[23:59] iWhoSaysNi: You continued to ignore our warnings.
[00:00] Sorreessa: what bugs me is this is never spoken to the person beforehand, did any of you ever once talk to me in private of this? no, I see today a warning, I try to be good and still this happens...
[00:01] iWhoSaysNi: I'm sorry you didn't read them, but really, its not like you haven't been warned before. This decision is pretty much final.

It just makes the people who really haven't been informed harder to weed out. Honestly, I think you should just give her one final chance (you know me, always a second chance) but then inforce it that minute if she breaks it. That way, she's informed, she knows exactly what will happen.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 18th, 2003, 09:25:32 AM
We've warned her in threads, she got nailed and now she's looking for a loophole.

AmazonBabe
Jun 19th, 2003, 06:10:32 PM
I'm confused... where are we now? First it was vamps, then vamps, then Sorr? Am I on the same page? o_O

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 19th, 2003, 08:14:13 PM
I was lost when the sorr thing came in too Abba

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 19th, 2003, 08:18:57 PM
Abba?

Ack Nuuuuuuuu! Dancing queen!

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 19th, 2003, 08:20:07 PM
But Abba is a cool name for AB .. cuz it is AB backwards and forwads :D

and I like Abba dammit :mad

TheHolo.Net
Jun 19th, 2003, 08:28:28 PM
heh. My 4 year old daughter did a ballet recital to the song "Dancing Queen" just last Saturday. :D

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 19th, 2003, 08:32:30 PM
see they live!!

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 19th, 2003, 08:36:38 PM
If you can, download Jimmy Barnes, a scottish rock singer doing Dancing Queen. Its..... interesting

Morgan Evanar
Jun 19th, 2003, 08:55:50 PM
Originally posted by AmazonBabe
I'm confused... where are we now? First it was vamps, then vamps, then Sorr? Am I on the same page? o_O

>_< my fault. I posted to the wrong topic.

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 19th, 2003, 08:58:18 PM
aha!
he confesses!!

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 19th, 2003, 11:36:19 PM
Yuuuuu can daaaance!
Yuuuuu can jii-iiiiive!
Having the time of your liife!
(o o o) See that pooost,
Watch that scene (dig it)
Mis-Posting Mod!

*takes a bow*

Thank you, thank you. I also do Bar Mitzvahs. ;)

AmazonBabe
Jun 20th, 2003, 01:33:19 PM
>_< my fault. I posted to the wrong topic.

aHA! The CULPRIT!

Well, you know what this means... it means punishment time.

You. Me. Private quarters. Time to give ya some spankings. ;)>D

:lol

Morgan Evanar
Jun 20th, 2003, 06:36:20 PM
Yes honey....

:x :evil

AmazonBabe
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:50:01 PM
:mischief :lol