PDA

View Full Version : More music.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 11th, 2003, 10:06:13 PM
Some of you may have noticed that I am constantly looking for new music that I like.

Weeeel. I found some new stuff lately.

First off is Nightwish, a Finnish (I think) metal outfit with a female vocalist that sings opraticaly. I butchered the spelling on that.

Must have: Elvenpath, Gethsemane

Next: Italian band Lacuna Coil. Sort of like Evanesence but harder and with better musicianship (especially the drummer).

Must have: Aeon (which leads into), Tight Rope. Swamped, Daylight Dancer.

Taylor Millard
Jun 11th, 2003, 10:14:08 PM
Morg is quite right on Nightwish. Very excellent...kinda a cross (in my mind) between Trans Siberian Orchestra and Dream Theater.

I'm gonna add E.S. Pothumus to that list of must get too. Verra good stuff :)

Sejah Haversh
Jun 12th, 2003, 12:28:35 AM
Well, I know not everybody will agree with me, but Maroon 5 is my current favorite band. Really tight playing, and good harmonies and melodies in there. They seem to be a very well-practiced band, and have a solid sound.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 12th, 2003, 04:20:57 AM
Nightwish:
Over The Hills And Far Away
Devil And The Deep Ocean
Bless The Child
Wanderlust
Wishmaster
10th Man Down
Dead Boys Poem

Lacuna Coil:
Circle
A Ghost Between Us
Cold

:thumbup

Kelt Simoson
Jun 12th, 2003, 04:21:20 AM
Nightwish = top class

Morgan Evanar
Jun 12th, 2003, 10:35:58 AM
Originally posted by Sejah Haversh
Well, I know not everybody will agree with me, but Maroon 5 is my current favorite band. Really tight playing, and good harmonies and melodies in there. They seem to be a very well-practiced band, and have a solid sound.

Yes, but what do they sound like?

Another recent addition:

Thievery Corporation. They're almost always instrumental triphop, sometimes with more dancy stuff, sometimes jazzy.

Most people who like Massive Attack like Theivery Corp.

Uhh... anything.

Eluna Thals
Jun 12th, 2003, 10:42:15 AM
For me - Mindtrip.

Of course I am biased because they are local, all my friends, and I can bring a beer cooler into their recording studio for a private jam session, and when we all get trashed, we can do covers and have karaoke with a live band, which is very :cool

Morgan Evanar
Jun 12th, 2003, 07:55:14 PM
If you have a CD, rip and compress. I'll spread the good word. -cough-

Sejah Haversh
Jun 13th, 2003, 12:15:36 AM
Maroon 5 is an odd sort of rock. Sort of jazzy, sort of funk. Now, don't go slamming me when I say theis, but it's liek takign the best pieces o Matchbox 20, The Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Chicago, and John Mayer and rolling them into a very well-practiced package.

imported_Taja Loraan
Jun 13th, 2003, 01:47:25 AM
Vesperian Sorrow (http://www.vesperiansorrow.net) > Media > Spiral Symphony

The downloads are nowhere near CD quality, but you get the idea. Just marvel at how the drums are perfectly in time with the orchestral-ish instruments... :D Even if this sorta music is not your thing, it's worth a listen. Seriously.

Decoryah. Dark ambiance. So pretty... le sigh.

Hayes Muirso
Jun 13th, 2003, 11:12:06 AM
Within Temptation (similiar to Nightwish)

Downloooad: Ice Queen, Never-ending Story, Bittersweet