PDA

View Full Version : Requesting a meeting with the Council

Straffe Stormrider
Jun 11th, 2003, 04:41:53 PM
Straffe stood outside the councils chamber. He had requested that he speak with them, he couldnt think of anywhere else to go. If someone could help him the council could. It had been a long time since he had heard from his master, Lance. He had gotten word that he will no longer be training him anymore but Straffe waited, hoping for his return. It had been a long time since he heard from him and now he wanted to request that he be able to train under another master.

His heart beat fast and small drops of sweat formed on his brow. It is the first time that he meets with the council and hopefully they would understand his dilemma. He wanted to stay true to his cousin but Straffe wanted to learn all he could about the Force

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 15th, 2003, 10:48:36 AM
"Padawan Stormrider."

Navaria keened her mind toward Straffe as her eyes studied him. It didn't take the Force to notice his nervousness.

"Your mind is trouble ... And not only by the question you have come to ask. Relax and let your concerns be known."

Straffe Stormrider
Jun 15th, 2003, 01:21:48 PM
"Master Tarkin..."

Straffe paused, took a breath and continued

"I came here today because I didnt know where else to go. As you may know, my master will not be comeing around the order anymore. He has left me a message saying that he will not be comeing back anymore. I have waited for him for months, hopeing for his return but there was no luck. This is a difficult thing to ask but I wish to find another master to train under. I know it is an odd request but I wish to learn so much more but I feel as if I am betraying him..."

He felt more comfortable as he took the weight off his shoulder. It was true that he felt like he was betraying his master but he didnt want to have to be tied down anymore. The only thing that Straffe thaught of was how close he was to being knighted, Lance said he was ready but since he left...he didnt know anymore

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 15th, 2003, 01:50:28 PM
“You aren’t betraying him at all, Straffe. If Lance has taken leave of absence from the Order, it is perfectly justified that you would wish to become another’s apprentice so that you can continue your training. Do you have anyone in mind to continue where Lance finished?”

Straffe Stormrider
Jun 16th, 2003, 10:52:15 AM
"I would love to train under Master Elessar but I heard it is very difficult to be chosen by him. Ive been told that he is a great Jedi Master and I would be greatfull if I could be trained under him but I am not sure that he would accept me"

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 17th, 2003, 11:14:35 AM
“Yes, as far as I am aware Master Elessar only trains those who he chooses himself,” Dasquian replied, only a little knowledgeable on the elusive Warlords tendencies.

“Do you have another choice in mind?”

Oriadin
Jun 17th, 2003, 05:54:47 PM
Oriadin cleared his voice and spoke from his council chair for the very first time.

--I belive Master Elessar has become reclusive in recent months. He is a very busy Jedi and as has been mentioned before, he selects his Padawans on his own terms.

There is still a shortage of Masters to Pawadwans at this time. I belive Jedi Master Sage Hazzard was working towards Jedi classes. As far as I know, nothing has begun yet but it will soon. Perhaps you could consult him on how thats going?

Until a Master can be found, I would also recomend asking people to train you when they have some spare time. Its not ideal and no where near as good as having a Master of your own, but it will aid you until then.--

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 17th, 2003, 06:03:21 PM
"Oriadin has a very sound idea. Learning from more then one Master, until one can take you as their learner, would help broaden your exposure to the Force in different ways. That is what Master Hazzard is working on now for those that are Masterless. I agree with seeking his counsel."

Straffe Stormrider
Jun 18th, 2003, 12:36:18 PM
"I have been in the midts of doing that for the past few months. Thank you for your advice but could you plase tell me something...Could you recomend a Jedi who is able to control electricity or anything within that genre of the Force? It is for the training I am doining at the moment"

Morgan Evanar
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:54:32 PM
"I can, sort of." Morgan paused. "I admit its not something I've actively practiced, and the distance I can influence it is, well, short."

"What exactly did you have in mind?"

Straffe Stormrider
Jun 26th, 2003, 12:47:11 PM
"well..."

Straff paused

"I have started training with one of my fellow padawans to try and learn the ancient art of weather control. We had read up that the Jedi of the old republic used to be able to and we would like to fallow in their footsteps. My friend seemed to stop his training with me after we were able to make a mild drizzle but now I wish to make a full flegded storm. I have trained on my own but I wish to learn how to control electricity so I can creat a thunder shower. Would you be able to teach me?"

Morgan Evanar
Jul 1st, 2003, 07:26:25 AM
"Weather control hasn't anything to do with electricity. Not directly. Storms only have lightning when the air tumbles enough to create a static charge." Morgan paused. "Actually, you wouldn't even need to control the lightning at all. You just need to know where the charge on the ground is."

Straffe Stormrider
Jul 1st, 2003, 08:30:02 PM
"Really..."

Straffe thaught for a second then spoke up again

"Well I would still like to learn how to control electricity, maybe I could control the lightning after awhile"

Morgan Evanar
Jul 7th, 2003, 04:45:52 PM
OOC: You do know weather control is a master level specialization?

Straffe Stormrider
Jul 7th, 2003, 04:50:27 PM
o.o.c: Well Straffe learnt abit of it with another Padawan so he cant make huge storms yet but after awhile I was planing to make him better at it. I also wanted Straffe to master something that not alot of people know about and no I didnt know that weather control was a master specialization

Morgan Evanar
Jul 7th, 2003, 05:04:56 PM
Think about all the control you need to accomplish it. You need to heat and cool the air in certain places, induce water concentration, stir the wind.

Weather is really complicated. Thats why only in recent years has prediction of huge systems become even vaugely accurate. Think about it: in 48 hours, we don't know where a hurricane is going to land. Only that it will be within a cone hundreds of miles wide.

Straffe Stormrider
Jul 7th, 2003, 05:11:41 PM
I know how complicated it is. Thats why I want Straffe to atleast be able to make mist or even fog if possible cause I know there are alot of Knights and Masters here that specialize in certain parts of the Force. Seeing that none of them specialize in Weather then I thaught that it would be a good idea for Straffe to be the first.

I know its a difficult task and it will be along time before he could show bigg changes in the weather but if you only gave him the cahnce and maybe even some guidence then I know he could do it. He was first deprived of becomeing a knight since Lance left, please dont take this away from him

Morgan Evanar
Jul 8th, 2003, 09:22:04 AM
I'm not taking anything ayway from you. It will take an RL year to develop to any kind of real ability.

Straffe Stormrider
Jul 8th, 2003, 09:35:44 AM
Well im not really planing on leavin anytime soon. So do I have permission to continue training?

Morgan Evanar
Jul 8th, 2003, 04:39:26 PM
Don't see why not.

Straffe Stormrider
Jul 8th, 2003, 04:43:14 PM
Thank you very much. I know it will take alot of training and abit of help but he will eventually get the hand of it. Right now he just basically manipulates the air and then lets mother nature take over since its alot of work