PDA

View Full Version : DarKnight, Stalker, Tyrus Tajo, etc

Charley
Jun 11th, 2003, 03:37:09 PM
Its profound that somebody can run roughshod over the rules and piss me off in such a short time and not do it on purpose.

I've given him chances upon chances, and he's managed to repeatedly godmode with not one, not two, but three characters, and counting no doubt. He said his goodbyes, but has now created two more names, and I'm still getting reports of his godmoding.

He's out of chances, and I move to ban. Yea or nay?

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 11th, 2003, 04:27:36 PM
Humm tee tumm... but your viscious backhand of doom is so much fun to watch!

Pandora Damaris
Jun 11th, 2003, 04:32:50 PM
:thumbup

Yup, he's been warned a number of times at the Shrine now and has a blatant disregard for Moding rules. A PM was also sent to him; however, this obviously didn't curb his tendencies via multiple warnings. I've also noted that (D’Knight and other CHR’s under this account.) pop's into ongoing thread’s that have been well established,…Not to mention "Appearing out of thin air" and disrupting the course of a few thread's I've personally followed…Which in turn has upset a host of peep that I’ve heard complaint’s from.

Shrine Council

Telan Desaria
Jun 11th, 2003, 04:58:14 PM
I have had no complaints. Tyrus has requested to join the Sovereignty, and though my Intel head, Vynn Frost/Fiend has said he has a lot to learn about rping, I attribute that to his youth.

I vote for giving the tyke a chance. Albeit, one accompanied by a very strongly worded warning.

Pierce Tondry
Jun 11th, 2003, 05:02:50 PM
According to the IP lookup, this guy has the following characters: DarKnight, Tyrus Tajo, Stalker, Fallen, Jandor Tarvin. I've looked at each of them, and all but his last are either Metal Gear Solid 2 ripoffs, or they're too incredibly pumped to be realistic. Though I must say even his last seems a bit borderline in the GMing respect.

I think that if he could be convinced to give up all but that last character and focus solely on it for awhile while under the guidance of an experienced RPer, he might improve. However, I'm not really interested in giving out infinite chances.

If he has not already been PMed by someone who has taken the time to explain calmly and clearly where he is going wrong and why and offer helpful suggestions on how to improve his methods of RP, then I think going that route before banning him is the better course of action. If he has received such a PM and proceeded to ignore it, then my vote goes to ban him.

So I need to ask whether anyone has sent him such a PM before I give a final yea or nay on this. A simple "I have" will suffice.

Pandora Damaris
Jun 11th, 2003, 05:19:32 PM
I have had no complaints. Tyrus has requested to join the Sovereignty, and though my Intel head, Vynn Frost/Fiend has said he has a lot to learn about rping, I attribute that to his youth.

I believe Agent Charlie is talking about the "Dar'Knight" CHR. and his other newbie account's here Telan. :) I must also state that a number of post's by D'Knight have been deleted from a couple of thread's at the Shrine due to the violation and disregard of G'moding. One would think that would send a "message loud and clear" to the intended party, however, he still insists on posting in the same manner and fashion he's been warned about regardless...

::sigh::

Edit: Below is the PM Alana sent to D'Knight.

Alana Stormcloud
Jun 11th, 2003, 05:26:02 PM
Hiyas all this is the pm I sent to him on....06-03-03 11:40 AM

Alana here owner of the Shrine of the Damned.... I see you have posted there I extend a welcome but the powers you are displaying are a bit much. This is star wars, and you will find that no one on the boards will accept teleporting. Also they will not accept you being so powerful. Mind reading and the like. The vamps explain there speed not only through vampires but through the dark side of the force. Most things need to be explained through the force or they will not be accepted. If it cannot be done in some way in star wars fashion with maybe a slight amount of embellishment then it won't be accepted by anyone at fans. Powers are built up over time here, and some will take it very personal if you come in claiming to be already powerful.

You’re a very good rper and I would hate to see you labeled right off as a god moder. Which the rp's I have read thus far will get you labeled as that. If you have any more questions please feel free to Pm me under this nic or Aim me at jaslin1970...

"Alana Stormcloud" Thanks

Pandora Damaris
Jun 11th, 2003, 05:29:30 PM
Thankie Alana :)

Telan Desaria
Jun 11th, 2003, 05:37:06 PM
I am not too pressed for active members, however, to disregard the rules of this society.

He has been given the chances to cease his godmoding, and is not as ignorant of the rules as I had thought - that tyrus was his only character. I hereby assert my vote.

Ban him.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jun 11th, 2003, 06:44:17 PM
I cant speak for Hera but I will say that after two small ooc posts at SFF by both Hera and myself, DarKnight and his chars have toned down his abilities somewhat.

If he continues conforming - albeit slowly - I have no problem with his staying.

Sasseeri Reeouurra
Jun 11th, 2003, 06:59:32 PM
He also clajims to be a Cjizerrrack, although neverrr consulted ME about jit. But then, who does?

jI say wajit a bjit, and jif he does not jimprrrove, then yes, ban away.

DarthHERA
Jun 11th, 2003, 08:52:19 PM
Like Daiq mentioned, at SFF he was qick to tone things down when we posted about his actions.

Maybe he just is real slow on the pickup that what goes for one char goes for all of them.

I dont think he should be banned yet, but a change in posting habits is definitely required.

Taylor Millard
Jun 11th, 2003, 08:58:53 PM
I have no problem getting rid of him, given we've had problems with him on 3 seperate occassions.

But if the others are willing to give him another chance, then it should be done under tight supervision.

I just see he's trying t'make a name for himself, and to do that he wants t'be all powerful and all.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 11th, 2003, 09:29:48 PM
I find it hard to say dismiss. He's annoying, but he's ignorable. I'd be more included to say yes if nameless other moder was walloped first.

Figrin D'an
Jun 11th, 2003, 09:33:21 PM
I shall defer to others on this, as my knowledge of the situations are too limited to make an accurate judgement.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 11th, 2003, 09:39:53 PM
He's a punkass who needs to basically make new characters and do some lurking. But he is ignorable for the most part.

TheHolo.Net
Jun 11th, 2003, 09:53:47 PM
I've been very busy the last couple of weeks and have not had the time to keep up with this person's "exploits", but I am of the opinion that if he is stressing the mods too much that action as severe as banning should happen.

Being a mod is a responsibility, but when it gets really stressful its just going too far beyond the call of duty.

So in a nutshell, I'm good with the decision either way its decided.

Pierce Tondry
Jun 11th, 2003, 10:31:14 PM
I've read Alana's post and done a bit more examining of the case. It seems that he did respond in a positive fashion to the input he received regarding vampires, and further the general ridiculousity of his characters has gone down each new creation. At this point I see two main problems with his RPing.

1) He doesn't have any very good role models or teachers helping him figure out what he needs to do to be well and truly accepted, so he's making things up as he goes along.

2) He's using semi-invincible characters from the world of Metal Gear Solid 2 as his character models.

Dasquian is his Jedi Master over at GJO. Let's give him a bit more time to get sorted. I have faith in Jenny to teach him what he needs to know. If he still doesn't pick it up after some RPing with her, then I say release the Charleys.

Darren Caerdeth
Jun 12th, 2003, 06:31:40 AM
I think Brian's solution is sound. Im kinda torn on this though.

On one hand, we've been trying to beat the idea into his head the he's godmoding, and hes kept on.

on the other hand, ive dealt with him via PM a few times, and he doesnt seem to be godmoding on purpose. My main gripe was that I PMed him about his Ciz/Vamp/Human character, trying to tell him nicely that what he was doing was utterly impossible, and he tried to argue the point.

This may just be the conspiracy theorist in me, but I think he found a role model, and a bad one. From what ive seen, I think he may have taken to conferring with Fiend on RP ideas. Im not really sure. I just get a feeling. When he posted in TSO as DarKnight, Fiend was one of the one's to answer, and it looked as if the conversation was being taken into IM. Then his CizVamphuman pops up at the Soveriegnty, and Fiend is there to greet him with open arms. The thread itself suggested that it had be pre discussed.

I know Fiend isnt the subject here, but if this boy's been taken under fiend's wing, i dont think there's much help for him.

For now, I'll be willing to accept the vote either way, so long as IF hes allowed to stay, someone sits him down and has a very serious talk with him.

Charley
Jun 12th, 2003, 09:15:28 AM
I'll stay his execution, then. I hope he gets a clue soon.

Milivikal k'Vik
Jun 12th, 2003, 10:44:42 AM
He does seem to be under Fiend's wing.

Thats a HUGE problem. I think we need to stop beating around the bush, and seriously pull Fiend aside. The guy has been here for a year now and continues to godmode, and now he's this kid's sounding board?

He seems to take critism for a little while before discarding it and falling back into his old ways, or he pretends and deems it not applicable outright.

Quite simply, he's almost as bad as Itala IC. In theory we could pull DarKnight aside and tell him not to listen to Fiend, but my gut tells me they're already pretty buddy-buddy.

Charley
Jun 12th, 2003, 10:48:13 AM
At times like this, I really wish that Swfans had a FYAD for these people.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jun 12th, 2003, 11:01:11 AM
'fyad'?

Charley
Jun 12th, 2003, 11:08:59 AM
No worries...just an inside joke from something awful.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 12th, 2003, 03:08:40 PM
Ok yes. Fiend must go down.

Lady Vader
Jun 12th, 2003, 05:12:15 PM
Fiend hasn't bothered me too much, and his other character he plays at TSO is actually quite decent.

As to DarKnight, he bugs the heck out of me, and has even "suddenly appeared" in RPs I've been in, but he is for the most part ignorable.

I, on the other hand, have only so much patience for morons. :mad

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 12th, 2003, 07:52:22 PM
put it this way .. either fiend gets a talking too or ... he is going to eventually piss off enough people that he's gonna be banned for not heeding the warnings of godmoding,