PDA

View Full Version : Ten years ago today....

CMJ
Jun 11th, 2003, 03:11:11 PM
The eventual route my life would take changed. I saw "Jurassic Park" for the first time on opening day and I became a huge film buff. The summer of '93 was a defining time for me. I remember it very, very well. I got into following Box Office and reading reviews. The first score I bought(hell the first CD period) was JP that summer. Basically it fostered the film nerd you see today.

There were films before JP that I loved and many films since then. In fact it's probably not even among my favorite 50 films or so anymore(nor one of my favorite Spielberg films). Saying that however, no other film had a greater influence on my eventual career path than that one.

Toasts up JP on turning 10 years old. :)

Dutchy
Jun 11th, 2003, 04:15:44 PM
I became a huge film buff after I saw La Vita è Bella (Life Is Beautiful) in 1999. That is, it really changed my overall taste, as for non-English movies, hadn't seen too many before the brilliant Benigni movie.

I became a box office follower when Titanic was sailing its historic and unmatched run in 1998. Before that when I thought of "legs" I only thought of Salma Hayek in From Dusk Till Dawn. :)

JMK
Jun 11th, 2003, 04:18:08 PM
10 years ago on Monday the Canadiens won the Stanley Cup for the last time, so it's kind of an anniversary for me too. ;)

Charley
Jun 11th, 2003, 04:26:08 PM
10 years ago...I graduated from elementary school? Yay?

sirdizzy
Jun 11th, 2003, 05:13:22 PM
hmmmmmmm i remember being absolutly pysched about jp, i even had some mcdonalds cups

i think it was the first movie i ever saw with my own money that i went to many, many times (i was 16 and had my first job)

i think i always loved movies, so there is no defining movie for me, my dad would take us to the drive-in every friday night and we would see the double feature

i think having my own money changed how i see movies, becuase ever since i got my own money i go see every single movie i can (i saw 81 different movies last year and went to the theatres 102 times counting movies i saw twice)

Telan Desaria
Jun 11th, 2003, 06:01:24 PM
Ah..ten years ago....

Never mind. Those are memories I don't want. *Skips off to the Imperial Forums*

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jun 11th, 2003, 06:01:25 PM
Dang!! Has it been 10 years?? *wonders where the time went

Mu Satach
Jun 11th, 2003, 06:06:06 PM
Ten years ago... I was a listless blue light special toting k-mart associate threatening to mangle customers in the pillow isle...

can't remember the date... but round about this time I also saw Army of Darkness... now *that* is a life changing movie. ;)

memoriesssss.....

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 11th, 2003, 06:13:12 PM
Ten years ago...I wasn't allowed to see JP. :cry

Taylor Millard
Jun 11th, 2003, 06:15:02 PM
10 years ago...let's see 1993...I was short...and realized dinosaurs were still cool.

Here's to JP :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 11th, 2003, 09:09:50 PM
I remember that day well too, I loved that movie. Actually the first movie that I can remember seeing in a theater was probably ET though I would say the first movie that really effect me as far as Movie going was Back to the Future.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jun 11th, 2003, 09:14:00 PM
ten years ago, I was watching my mother cringe at watching the people and goat get eaten in that....mom is such a wuss....:lol