PDA

View Full Version : Clearing Up a General Confuzzlement

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 11th, 2003, 01:46:39 PM
Navaria is not a Jedi Master. She is a Knight. I've run into problems with peeps thinking this alot so I am posting here for clarification. Not mad, actually flattered but that isnt the truth

Why do people think this anyway? :lol

Rognan Dar
Jun 11th, 2003, 02:51:51 PM
Because you act so much like a master? Or maybe its because you have been on the counsil for sometime. Thats at lest what I think...

Neyasha
Jun 11th, 2003, 03:28:38 PM
Your NOT a master??... You should be a master!!! Somebody.... make her a Master!!!

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 11th, 2003, 06:27:29 PM
Ack no ... no asking for that, I was simply making this thread for a clarification.....

otherwise Marcus will pan you for saying that

Pierce Tondry
Jun 11th, 2003, 07:22:22 PM
Hey, wait. What Masters DO we have? I'm not positive, but it seems to me there aren't many.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 11th, 2003, 07:29:26 PM
We have plenty of Jedi Masters.... just not many posting anymore :(

Maybe 10 active?

Your NOT a master??... You should be a master!!! Somebody.... make her a Master!!!

Point of order. Never, ever ask or petition for a promotion, for yourself or anyone else in this place. It's been a very long standing rule, to support the strict promotion on merit we have. You didnt know, so now I tell you. The long timers know exactly how seriously I take this rule too and also how high I've set the bar to be a Jedi Master. Soem wont ever make it. Some will. Because you strictly earn it, that's the way it goes.

Ka' el Darcverse
Jun 11th, 2003, 08:14:52 PM
I believe I once read somewhere on our board that often you are a Master for much longer that you have been actually given that title. Meaning that more oft than not our more powerful Knights are essentially Jedi Masters in power, but not in title. After a while of displaying your talents you are promoted. At least thats my thought

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 11th, 2003, 08:23:21 PM
Sorry Navaria, I've always thought of you as being a Master. Came as a surprise to read that you aren't one.

Rognan Dar
Jun 11th, 2003, 08:28:44 PM
I still think you act like one...well.....I dont know what masters normally act like, but you fit into my category of Master. :)

Jax Ivanrue Tondry
Jun 11th, 2003, 08:42:28 PM
I wanna be a massa too! Pick me pick me!

:crack

Rognan Dar
Jun 11th, 2003, 08:44:32 PM
*Gives Jax a lolly* :) Sorry, lad. Need to be at lest this tall to be a...massa. *makes a invisible mark at about his own height*

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 11th, 2003, 08:50:28 PM
And you also need an owl for a mascot. j/k

*makes mental note to read ppl's sigs*

Rognan Dar
Jun 11th, 2003, 08:56:06 PM
I HAVE A COOL SIGGY! :crack

Morgan Evanar
Jun 11th, 2003, 10:37:38 PM
Lesse: active: Myself, Marcus (not really GJO), Figrin, Ryla, AB... not even ten. Those I know for sure.

Then again, I'm exhausted and its late =p

Figrin D'an
Jun 11th, 2003, 11:04:39 PM
Sage is a Master... so is Anbira, IIRC. But yeah, like Morg said... less than ten active. There are a few other masters, but they haven't been active for quite a while. The only one most would know is Yog.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 11th, 2003, 11:45:36 PM
Satine's a Master as well. 8.

Estelle is under trial

What we do want is a few more active Knights IMO. Is there anyone ready for promotion?

Jax Ivanrue Tondry
Jun 12th, 2003, 12:53:52 AM
*hops up and down, trying to get the tall man's attention* :crack:wave

Sage Hazzard
Jun 12th, 2003, 01:12:06 AM
A three year old Jedi Knight... this must be done... :lol

Who are all the other Masters, non-active? And how do we bribe them to come back? :)

Eh, I might think of some Padawans(none of mine at the moment) and send you a PM about that Marcus. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up publicly if they, ultimately, might not be promoted.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 12th, 2003, 01:23:45 AM
Originally posted by Jax Ivanrue Tondry
*hops up and down, trying to get the tall man's attention* :crack:wave

Riiiiiiight.

:x

I just had the worst mental image....

"Daddy! Look at what I lifted out of the toilet with my mind!"

Figrin D'an
Jun 12th, 2003, 01:26:48 AM
Other masters include:

Boricua
Leia Solo
Liam Jinn
ObiWan2

But, 3 of them haven't been around in some time, and Boricua, though around on the main board, hasn't RPed in a long time.

James Prent
Jun 12th, 2003, 01:30:21 AM
That, Marcus, would never happen. Ew! Only YOU would do that.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 12th, 2003, 02:02:55 AM
Not to mention SirDizzy started the whole Jedi Council. Most of the Box Office regulars RP'ed in some form once.

Syrius Cline
Jun 12th, 2003, 02:12:31 AM
Ah, yes, how could I get Leia and Obiwan2. :) There was another guy too, wasn't there. I think it started with a G and his pic was a comic book character. I remember he came back for a very short time on the EZboards, and I didn't know him but it was like he had been gone for a long time, then he left soon after. I think he was a real old schooler, from near the beginning of the GJO. After that, I don't think there are any more that were ever a Master, active or inactive. Am I right? Wow...

Kelt Simoson
Jun 12th, 2003, 04:28:14 AM
Man i miss Obiwan2 and Leia :(

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 12th, 2003, 09:48:08 AM
me too :(

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 12th, 2003, 12:08:31 PM
;; falls in love with Syrius' CT ;; :love [/off-topic]

There was another guy too, wasn't there. I think it started with a G and his pic was a comic book character.

Garan or something like that? He looks liked Deadpool or Punisher... or something. I think.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 12th, 2003, 01:16:58 PM
Originally posted by Kelt Simoson
Man i miss Obiwan2 and Leia :( After the last OOC fiasco I don't really.

Camdyn Fields
Jun 12th, 2003, 01:41:41 PM
Originally posted by Vega Van Derveld
;; falls in love with Syrius' CT ;; :love [/off-topic]

Me too :love

There are certain Jedis who give off a more mature/respected vibe though, mostly people who've been in the GJO for a long time. They know how things in GJO operate and they've been here long enough to get a good thing going with this group.

Hell, I've been rping here for 3 years and the highest rank I've ever gotten offically is Sith Knight! And that was as my first rp character!(Mind you, Dae knows very little about the Force as it is, has no real master to teach her and Camdyn is just starting out as a Padawan). Titles don't mean much, or should, your IC skills and writing abilities should.

I've had some people whine about the ranking system here a while ago, about it being too slow to move from Padawan to Knight. I think it's more of a training problem than anything else. This account is my 4th attempt at creating a Jedi character, and having no master to train me, and having no training classes (which I heard we might be doing. Great idea!) is a big set back for some people.

You can't go out and fight, which is what a lot of people like to do, when you're a padawan with no training. You can only develop your character to a certain point (at least I have found with my Jedis) with no training. As someone who's rped as both a Sith and a Jedi without training, due to RL problems my masters had (no-ones faults either! RL happens!), it sucks. Plain and simple. You can't go out and fight if you don't know how. If you don't have training documented in thread form, I feel you shouldn't go out and say you have skills you haven't learned or earned through writing.

I'm not saying this is anyones fault, since we're all busy people (Except me, since I can take the time to write this big huge spiel :lol). But, the whole not getting trained thing is a problem that needs to fixed. I think the training class idea is an excellent one. :)

Verse Dawnstrider
Jun 12th, 2003, 07:37:18 PM
Mine, and Liam's names were left of the random lists.

On a side note, I am trying to start being more active, I just don't know of any RP's to join right now, and my creative juices are not up to speed right now to start one of my own.

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 12th, 2003, 10:27:42 PM
Titles don't mean much, or should, your IC skills and writing abilities should.

*Nods Sagely*

(Ok, well, not like Sage, but like [i]a[/a] sage... oh forget it)

But seriously, you're so very, very right. The last combination most people appreciate around here is an attitude of entitlement combined with an aversion to a thesaurus/spelling checker. :)

Camdyn Fields
Jun 12th, 2003, 11:53:03 PM
And that seems to be how some new rpers are acting. They don't read the FAQs, and they come in posting that they have amazing Force skills. That irks me.

Speaking as a Sith (well, Lost Jedi, whatever), I hated not knowing Force anything, and having these Jedi's come in doing Force everything, from boosting to picking their noses! :lol

I know, I know, this is Star Wars. But I'd rather have someone do something implusive, weird and unpredictable, then "I force this and you get hurt because I'm a Jedi! MWHA!" No matter what you do, some of the Jedi's seem to have magic Force skills they can use to block every hit. As a result, I dont do any fight threads unless I know the person. Just something that's been bothering me for like ever. ^_^;

Rognan Dar
Jun 13th, 2003, 12:37:44 AM
Isn't that call, GodModding, Dae? Thats what it sounds like. And I totaly agree on the skills thing. Though, I to have been doing something like that. I mean, I have training, and learning quickly is what Rog does best, but I think I speed up at how good I use a Force move, or Force anything for that matter. Its just something that I'm working on.

But lack of knights and masters is a big bummer. I look at the Padawan list now and then and its growing. I remember when it was just like...half a dozen to a dozen, need someone to train me, people. I just wish I was a knight, though, I don't think I am ready. But I would try and help out as many Padawnas as posible.

Sage Hazzard
Jun 13th, 2003, 01:19:53 AM
Well, the class idea will be in effect soon I hope. There's a council thread going on about it. :)

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 13th, 2003, 02:57:22 AM
COUNCIL! VOTE THE DAMN THING ALREADY!!!!!

Morgan Evanar
Jun 13th, 2003, 07:55:51 AM
Hell, the last council didn't ratify it? Jeez.

Enough said yes, get on with it

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 13th, 2003, 07:37:48 PM
ouch

:: rubs ears ::

Well, I already stated my vote :p

Btw~ I apologize for not being around this much this week. Working OT and tired. Meesa catching up on sunday sunday ..

Camdyn Fields
Jun 14th, 2003, 12:26:49 AM
No worries Nav. :)

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 14th, 2003, 05:09:35 PM
Everybody has things that they need to do other then post here. Just don't forget about us.

Camdyn Fields
Jun 14th, 2003, 11:02:39 PM
Natia who? :uhoh

Seriously, no rushes on things if people are busy. As long it gets done sometime in the future. :)

Xazor Elessar
Jun 15th, 2003, 12:00:20 AM
My daughter, you got a problem with that? :mneh Just kidding... :p

Sage Hazzard
Jun 15th, 2003, 01:35:16 AM
On the council thing, I think the majority has voted positive now. So is that enough?

Well, actually, it seems some of the council members are saying things like(paraphrasing here)...

"Sounds good so far."
"The idea seems solid."
"Hmm..."

I don't mean to be cruel here, but that's pretty much what some people are saying. I take it those people think I'll be going on to speak some more. The truth is, I've said pretty much all I can about it, so the voting is the only thing left. I tried to clear that up in my last post, to make it clear I was completely done speaking.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 15th, 2003, 01:59:22 AM
Just make it so.

Now excuse me, I've got a burnt face to attend to

Syrius Cline
Jun 15th, 2003, 02:11:35 AM
Alright then... Okay, cool. I'll start asking for volunteers, in a new thread any minute now. :)

And, sorry about the burnt face dude. Ouch... Actually, I ran into a tree the other day myself. Still have a big scab on my cheek. :lol

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 15th, 2003, 10:34:07 AM
If i had more to say I would have said it :p besides, like I thought it was suppose to be a general IC formality to get the idea going when it was agreed upon OOC we all liked it :mneh

poor Marcus :( ouch

Estelle Russard
Jun 15th, 2003, 09:22:07 PM
ditto what Nav thought.

Sage Hazzard
Jun 16th, 2003, 12:27:48 AM
Yeah it was, I just figured there still needed to be an IC vote to finalize it. But, I guess that was taken care of as well. Alright, then, it's final, yay! I'll get working on getting it ready now. :)