PDA

View Full Version : For Whom The Bell Tolls

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 11th, 2003, 08:31:58 AM
For Whom The Bell Tolls

Make his fight on the hill in the early day
Constant chill deep inside
Shouting gun, on they run through the endless grey
On the fight, for they are right, yes, by who's to say?
For a hill men would kill, why? They do not know
Suffered wounds test there their pride
Men of five, still alive through the raging glow
Gone insane from the pain that they surely know

For whom the bell tolls
Time marches on
For whom the bell tolls

Take a look to the sky just before you die
It is the last time you will
Blackened roar massive roar fills the crumbling sky
Shattered goal fills his soul with a ruthless cry
Stranger now, are his eyes, to this mystery
He hears the silence so loud
Crack of dawn, all is gone except the will to be
Now they will see what will be, blinded eyes to see

For whom the bell tolls
Time marches on
For whom the bell tolls

Darkness, permeated only by the flickering neon lights of the bars in the distance. Coruscant could be so quiet at night, especially if you were in the right place – which Vega was. Stood at a quiet street junction, he wore all black and was visible only because of the contrast of his pale skin against that which was around him. His teeth grit as he stretched, looking up and down the length of the empty road.

“Where are you…”

Hours earlier he had sent an urgent communication to Xazor Elesar, and now stood in wait for the Garou Knight’s arrival. For the longest time now he had hoodwinked her into believing he was her brother. It had been such an easy trick – a little manipulation of the mind coupled with Xazor’s loss of memory had lead her to believe blindly that he was not a Dark Jedi, not an enemy – but her brother Vega, an officer in the New Republic Special Branch.

Now all he had to do was wait.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 11th, 2003, 12:18:42 PM
It was rather quiet out this night as a lone figure clad in white flowing robes made her way along a vacant street. Coruscant -- the bustling city that never seemed to rest was now sleeping. Slowly the young woman walked and her waist length Garou Warrior Braids swung slightly to the sides. With each step the silver coins woven into her blonde hair clanged together softly until she came to a halt at the sight of a dark figure standing at a crossroads. As she smiled her elongated canines caught a bit of light and they glimmered in the night much like her radiant eyes did. Their cyan blue color pierced through the darkness to touch all things which she set them upon.

"My dear Brother -- it brings to my heart great joy to see you again." She spoke gently, her voice soft yet powerful at the same time. Moving forward a few more paces, she stopped just ten meters from him. Something was holding her back and in that instant a surge coursed through her veins. It was the Force and it was warning her that something was not quite right. "If there is danger I can protect myself -- I am sure Vega would do the same as well." She thought, ignoring the possibility that Vega could be the one out to get her. Shaking it off, the Garou Knight continued on her path until she stood right in front of Vega with her arms out, ready and willing to embrace him. "It has been far too long since I last saw you -- I've missed you." Xazor grinned and stepped forward, lacing her arms around his neck and pulling him toward her. Who was to know what misery that very embrace could bring, though?

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 14th, 2003, 02:09:33 PM
Vega inhaled heavily as he held Xazor in against him, taking in the Garou’s scent in abundance. His palm passed up and down her back slightly – the habitual ‘there, there’ gesture – as he embraced her. Tonight he was holding her longer than usual and it was because this would most likely be the last chance he had at being so close to her – without her wanting to slit his throat.

“Mmmh... I missed you too, Xazor.”

Absently brushing a hand through the lower tresses of Xazors hair, he – with his head still leant over her shoulder in the embrace – looked down, sideward, at her. A warm, sincere smile spread over his lips. As he looked he began slowly to open his mind to the lies that he had told and the misdeeds he had made, dripping them bit by bit into the Jedi’s subconscious. Just waiting and watching for a reaction now, still idly stroking her hair.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 18th, 2003, 12:03:23 PM
Xazor smiled gently as Vega held her tightly. It was a curious thing, but soon the woman realized that his embrace was tighter than usual -- and when she attempted to pull away from him, he held on. The thoughts faded and she decided that perhaps, he had had a rough day and needed someone to hold him, someone familiar, someone he loved.

"Have you been busy lat --" Suddenly the words were cut off as the woman's mind seemed to flash up a screen of black. She could not think until all at once, memories -- lost memories, flooded her mind. She saw herself upon the bed of a stranger and then a hand struck her cheek. The light flashed onto his face and revealed something that made her stomach churn. It was Vega, standing over her and laughing in her face. The woman shut her eyes tightly and pretended that it was nothing but perhaps a day dream. "Lately? Have you been busy lately?" She repeated, attempting to make her thought complete.

Suddenly it happened again, but this time she saw a sight that horrified her. A scene played through her mind and she could suddenly hear words, thoughts -- feel actions, emotions, and -- she knew it was real. Vega stood and planned out the deceit that would win Xazor over and trick her into thinking he was her Brother. Her heart skipped a beat and a hard lump formed at the back of her throat as she forced herself from his embrace. "Ve -- Vega? I remember now -- I remember who you are!" The woman was not angry or afraid, but bewildered, to say the least. Memories of the past overtook her mind and she suddenly became very well aware of who he was and his intentions for her.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 18th, 2003, 12:11:15 PM
Something wicked danced behind Vega’s eyes as he looked at the stunned Xazor with a serpentine smile. This was the best part, by far. Watching that expression of hers, feeling her confusion as she realized she’d been betrayed. It made him laugh inside, but he held it back and said only:

“You still love me, right?”

The Lupine spread his arms wide, and feigned a pout before allowing himself the liberty of a chuckle. His arms coming back to wrap around his body, holding himself, he laughed quietly. The glint in his eyes was definetly sadistic.

“Ohhhh Xazor...” he inhaled sharply, running his palms down his own back.

“You do get me going… just think I’ve been this close to you all of this time, tricking you, lying to you …”

His eyes eased closed, “Touching you…mmm.”

Xazor Elessar
Jun 18th, 2003, 12:39:56 PM
Xazor could do nothing, she knew she was a Jedi but at this moment she felt like giving in and going against everything she'd worked so hard to achieve. "How could you do this to someone?" She questioned, attempting to understand the psychological end of this mess. The woman backed away from him as he touched himself and daydreamed about doing the same to her. It was evident that he was attracted to her -- perhaps not for pure reasons, but for her body, at least. This disgusted the Jedi Knight as she stopped against a wall.

"This is just a joke, right? Come on -- all siblings have squabbles, right?" She questioned, seeing the truly sadistic look in Vega's eyes. It was truly disturbing and the Garou knew not what to do. "Vega? You're bluffing!" The woman laughed slightly, but again, humor got her no where and she could tell that this was reality. Now, she was stuck in this desolate area with someone quite skilled in the Dark Arts.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 18th, 2003, 12:50:00 PM
“A joke?”

Rage suddenly, and all at once, overcame Vega. The Lupine’s cyan eyes look liked a fire was burning behind them, as his face seemed to drain to become a shade paler. His knuckles tightened as he brandished a hand forward. Nostrils flaring and speaking through clenched teeth, he barked out:

“We aren’t siblings, no… you, in your weakness, believed it though and I bet you still do. I bet no matter how much I trick you… no matter how many times you will always believe that somewhere inside of me there is a shred of hope that I am good and pure.”

The anger was forced to share Vega with laughter now as he took the hand which was moments ago a fist and ran it back through his hair.

“Good and pure… just like you, right?” he grinned, sidling towards her once again.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 18th, 2003, 12:58:32 PM
Xazor winced as he yelled at her. It was not out of physical pain, but pain in her heart. She felt for him for she had once been in his position. "Yes, you are my Brother in the Force, so I suppose I shall always believe it." The Knight said with a smile.

She moved to the side and got away from the wall as he moved in toward her. "Yes, good and pure like me. I am a Jedi -- not perfect by any means, but the Light lives within me. Vega, you can have that too." The woman said, eyeing him with pity in her expression. The woman smiled still, unafraid of the man who seemed to be moving in on her every minute.

"Vega, just ask and I shall show you the Truth, if you are willing."

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 18th, 2003, 01:03:01 PM
“The truth?”

Just as the umbra of emotions seemed to have paused for a moment, sadness came over him. He leant against the wall by Xazor, one hand above her head as he sighed a damp sigh. A light misting looked to be forming over his eyes, though it was hard to tell in th shadows. His free hand came up, covering his eyes as his face contorted into a grimace.

“Damn it,” he inhaled deeply,

“Why can’t I just see it by myself Xazor… why am I so blind by all this hate…”

Xazor Elessar
Jun 18th, 2003, 01:06:02 PM
Xazor shook her head as she felt his emotions nearly stop, only to be covered by sadness. Her heart ached for him and so, despite warning by the Force, she wrapped her arms around him once again, rubbing his back as before. "I can help you, Vega. It'll be easy to see the Truth once you're open to it."

She smiled, glad to have touched someone's life thus far, despite how aweful he had been to her. It mattered not, she was a Jedi and she taught compassion and forgiveness, both of which she would exercise today. "Vega, please -- if you wish, I will tell you of the ways of the Jedi so you too can come to redemption." The Knight said with a genuine concern, and joy within her heart for him.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 18th, 2003, 01:11:06 PM
His hand slipped from the wall, skin breaking from abrasion as he allowed himself to crumple down against the wall. Just staring at the ground in front of him, he trembled – from the cold, from weeping – as he again huddled himself, wrapping his arms around his knees.

“I- …” he choked on his words as he squeezed his eyes shut.

“It’s just so much conflict of emotion… hate, love, fear… so much confusion.”

Xazor Elessar
Jun 18th, 2003, 01:15:00 PM
Xazor sighed and knelt to the ground with Vega as he wrapped his arms around his knees. "You can overcome all of that, though. Look at me, I did! I was a fullblooded killer, a Sith Knight and a Warrior. Now -- now I'm not!" She said with a bright smile.

The woman shifted her weight and rubbed his back sympathetically. She could more than empathize with the poor man, and for a moment, completely forgot about everything that had previously happened. "Vega -- you're not stuck where you are. I can help you. Please, trust me!"

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 18th, 2003, 01:18:28 PM
He buried his head down against his knees, wiping away his tears against his trousers. He inhaled raggedly and looked back up – his eyes were stung red and he rubbed at them with one hand as he looked up with literal puppy dog eyes at Xazor. When he spoke his voice sounded so small and weak.

“Help me.”

Xazor Elessar
Jun 18th, 2003, 01:28:10 PM
Xazor nodded and gently touched Vega's face with the soft palm of her hand. "I will -- I promise." The woman said as she smiled. Slinking one arm around his back, she grasped his right arm with her hand and slowly rose to help him to his feet.

"Everything will be fine and I will help you. I won't give up." She whispered softly as he stood. The woman gently leaned in and kissed Vega on the cheek before pulling away and offering to move forward. "I'll be here every step of the way, I promise."

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 18th, 2003, 01:33:42 PM
“I…”

Another sniffle or two.

“Thank you Xazor. You’re so kind to me… even after.”

There air felt a little dense. No, scratch that – very dense. It felt like a hot day suddenly, when it was humid and the pressure was high. Vega didn’t seem to notice it, but it would be getting right at Xazor’s throat. The Force impacted against the Garou’s windpipe all of a sudden.

“Even after I … ch-choked you…”

Xazor Elessar
Jun 18th, 2003, 01:42:24 PM
Xazor was shocked as suddenly she was forced against the wall and the sensation of being chocked ripped through her body. Her windpipe felt as though it was being crushed beneath the invisible pressure. The Knight shut her eyes tightly and, despite the panic that arose in her chest, she quelled it to think. "Fight with what you are gifted!" The words echoed through her mind and she suddenly realized what that meant. Within Vega's mind, the Jedi Knight began to play out a sequence. A man approached from behind the Darksider and rose a large knife, ready to stab it into Vega's back. Surely it was not real, though, it seemed like reality. It was a trick, a mental illusion.

"W -- watch out!" She managed to squeak out, acting concerned for the fact that someone was about to stab her attacker. It would not completely add up to Vega, but the illusion was so real -- it would be difficult to ignore. "I am a Jedi and the Force is my ally." She repeated the words over and over again in her mind, unafraid of what may happen to her this night.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 21st, 2003, 04:02:00 AM
The choke lessened as Vega turned to throw a punch at the assailant – but found his fist passing through the image. He whipped back around and soundlessly through out a hand at the Knight – a wave of pressure struck her once more and this time sent her barreled back against the wall behind her with a loud thud.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:16:12 AM
Xazor gasped for air, but luckily was allowed a moment of breath before she was slammed into the wall. Just then she thought of something. A smile crossed her lips as she looked at Vega and conserved what air she did have. Suddenly he felt a bit of shaking beneath his feet followed by an audible low grumble in his ears. With that, two vibrant green roots shot out of the ground and wrapped themselves around Vega's arms, holding tighter and tighter with each movement. Spikes adorned the roots in various places and a few on the underside dug into his flesh. This was all thanks to the deep connection Xazor had to nature. It was easy for her to communicate even a simple emotion to resources around her. In this case, it was distress, and the roots seemed to know...

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:28:55 AM
He strained and snarled, wrenching at the plant roots. One after another ripped and was replaced by a similar vine, snaking around his limbs to hold him in place. Xazor may have been in tune with nature, but Vega certainly wasn’t, his strengths not passing the boundaries of communicating with other wolf kin. While he might not have had power in this area he did have it else where. Perhaps the most lethal ability he’d learnt was bubbling itself in his veins.

Up in the sky above light was forming in flashes of bright white. Within seconds it seemed the weather had turned for the worst and rain was teaming down on the two combatants head. The Darkside coiled around Vega’s fingertips slowly materializing in strands of white-hot electricity.

In a whip of both wrists downwards the planets were electrocuted as lightning conducted by that above lashed out from his palms. The burst was only present for a split second, but charred the vines, killing their growth off. With the rain water spreading all around the volts were conducted over the ground and zigzagged off towards Xazor.