PDA

View Full Version : The Return of "V"

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 10th, 2003, 10:12:18 PM
Anybody remember the V miniseries from the 80's. Well the reptile aliens are back

NBC has confirmed a report appearing in Daily Variety that it plans to produce a made-for-TV movie based on the 1980s miniseries, V. Kenneth Johnson, who created the original series, told the trade paper that the new story takes place twenty years after the original series left off, when aliens now control much of the earth. The network suggested that if the ratings for the TV movie are high enough, it could greenlight "future sequels

I am actually glad they never finished the thing though it would have finished if they hadn't made that terrible TV series. If they can bring back Ironside I will defintley watch it.

Charley
Jun 10th, 2003, 10:27:20 PM
I can't wait :D

Figrin D'an
Jun 10th, 2003, 10:31:25 PM
"V" was craptacular to begin with... it used every science fiction cliche ever conceived. It was like "Independence Day" with bad special effects.

No interest... I'll watch the Battlestar Galactica remake that Sci-Fi channel is doing before I watch this.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jun 10th, 2003, 11:34:13 PM
Im sure it wont suprise anyone, but I liked V and have almost every episode still on tape. Martin (played by Frank Ashmore) was my favorite characater :)

JMK
Jun 11th, 2003, 08:51:03 AM
"V" was craptacular to begin with
I agree! Who cares! :lol

Charley
Jun 11th, 2003, 08:58:39 AM
I guess I'm one of the few who enjoyed both the movie and the series.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 11th, 2003, 11:13:06 AM
I loved the movies heck I think it was better than ID4 really ID4 had a way worse plot. The special effects weren't great but you are talking about early 80's and a TV show as well I wouldn't expect really good special effects then. Also My favorite charcter was Ham Tyler played by Ironside he was great in that the Final Battle. Hopefully they will bring him and Englund back. Not sure if they can get Singer back his carrer has taken a huge nose dive.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jun 11th, 2003, 12:29:09 PM
I never see Faye Grant or Jane Badler any more. Any ideas where theyve gone?

If Singer's career is that bad, then if the execs wanted, Im sure they could get him :)

Morgan Evanar
Jun 11th, 2003, 02:12:22 PM
I have no idea what anyone here is talking about. I've never even heard of "V"

Charley
Jun 11th, 2003, 03:00:18 PM
You've got to be kidding me!

Sorsha Kasajian
Jun 11th, 2003, 03:02:30 PM
Lydia (June Chadwick) was always my favorite character. :D

Charley
Jun 11th, 2003, 03:03:16 PM
Somehow, I knew you'd say that :lol

Sorsha Kasajian
Jun 11th, 2003, 03:06:03 PM
She was the coolest, Charley!!! :cool

Charley
Jun 11th, 2003, 03:17:46 PM
She was an evil, conniving bitch. Your type :cool

Sorsha Kasajian
Jun 11th, 2003, 03:20:47 PM
and somehow, I knew you'd say that! :mneh :D

Charley
Jun 11th, 2003, 03:30:27 PM
I almost forgot how much I loved this franchise. The visitors spacey redcoat uniforms, those flying bathtub shuttles, and all the crazy intrigue. Fun fun fun.

Mu Satach
Jun 11th, 2003, 03:54:11 PM
Oh I loved "V" as a kid. Great stuff... freaked me out!
OOOOOOooo... I almost had nightmares when the hybrid twins were born.

Diana was my favorite character... even though OOOOooo... I hated her. :D

There was also a lot of fun stuff that corelated to the Nazi's take over in pre ww2 Germany. The markings on the arm bands, uniforms and the flags were stylized takes off of the swatika.

Once in a while the Action channel will rerun the series and I'll spend a day or so watching. :)

Figrin D'an
Jun 11th, 2003, 04:47:07 PM
It was intended to be an allegory to the Nazi conquest of Europe and the French Resistance underground...

... which it does reasonably well. I just didn't like the science fiction mold into which it was cut. It was so corny in that respect. Good themes, just layered with tons of rotten cheese.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 11th, 2003, 05:04:57 PM
V = the suck. I cant believe they would bring this back

Mu Satach
Jun 11th, 2003, 06:02:02 PM
I like cheese.

:rollin

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jun 11th, 2003, 06:04:53 PM
I think the character I loved to hate the most, was Daniel from the first movie but I loved the old man who played his grandfather!

Bonnie Bartlett played Daniel's mother. Did you guys know that she and the man (Daniel something) who plays Mr. Feeny (Boy Meets World) are married in rl? (just a bit of trivia)

Taylor Millard
Jun 11th, 2003, 06:16:47 PM
I remember bits and pieces of 'V'...I always thought it was '5' until I got corrected three nights ago.

Action Channel loves that mini-series.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 11th, 2003, 08:08:57 PM
I don't recall anything about this. At all.

*gets into the boat with Morgan* Wheee!

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 11th, 2003, 09:07:04 PM
It came on in the early 80's (83 or 84 I think) it debuted as a two part miniseries which stared Marc Singer, Faye Grant, Richard Eden (as the Alien Leader) and Leonard Cimino (who got an Emmy Nod for his performance). Then a year later they had V The Final Battle which had basically the same cast with some additions. Englund had a bigger part and they brought in Michael Ironside to play the mercenary Ham Tyler (I loved him in that movie he was great to watch). They also had a TV series which last a season. There were also books, comics, action figures which came out around the same time. It was popular for a while not sure how it would do today. I have watched it on the action channell too I once did a whole marathon of it :p

Zasz Grimm
Jun 19th, 2003, 10:05:11 PM
I've only seen the mini series! I recently bought the DVD to it, but then again, I need to buy the 'Final Battle'. I loved that series! I watched it all the time when we had it on VHS when I was little, along with Aliens!

I can't wait to see this!

:crack

Dae Jinn
Jun 19th, 2003, 11:14:31 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
I don't recall anything about this. At all.

*gets into the boat with Morgan* Wheee!

Make room on the boat, please. :)

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 19th, 2003, 11:19:52 PM
Believe me, your not missing anything. It was crap and I remember it all too well. Why they are bringing back this stupid plop, I have no idea

Dae Jinn
Jun 19th, 2003, 11:24:17 PM
Well, are there like, pictures of it anywhere? I'd know if I saw it if I see it ^_^;

They're bringing it back because they've run out of original ideas and are just going to rehash old ones till they find a hit? :D

Charley
Jun 20th, 2003, 05:15:35 AM
Don't listen to Marcus. He's obviously got a fuel line leak somewhere :) (sniff sniff) :rollin

Dae Jinn
Jun 20th, 2003, 11:35:08 AM
I looked for stuff on it at Google, and found nothing. It doesn't sound like anything I've seen. Maybe it didn't air in Canada? :lol

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 20th, 2003, 12:43:45 PM
I liked it it was good in the 80's the SFX now though don't look great, but I still think it has a great story. The story actually comes from the Lewis Sinclair novel, It couldn't Happen here where a fascist regime takes over the US. They just changed it to Aliens.