PDA

View Full Version : An evening with friends

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Jun 10th, 2003, 10:11:50 AM
Like clockwork, Jubei finished his late afternoon calisthenics. A quick shower and meditation, and the Calanic Jedi Knight was free from his daily duties. He pondered what to do with his idle time, and eventually decided on visiting the Bar & Grill. It would be a marked change from evenings of reading his books or taking a walk in the arboretum, or even painting. Tonight, Jubei yearned to be among others.

Entering the establishment, Jubei searched for a seat, and eventually sat down, ordering tea, a salad, and a spicy scallion soup. Though he had no company, the monk expected to find an appropriate measure of fulfillment in those around him.

Kueller
Jun 10th, 2003, 11:01:55 AM
Kueller saw a man enter the room, alone. he hadn't seen this man in here before. He decided to go and talk to him. He was a bit board this night.
"Hello. I don't see you in here often."

Abagael Zellan
Jun 10th, 2003, 12:20:40 PM
It had been a very long day.

Abagael had spent eleven hours at the office, sorting through her casefiles, calling clients, going to prelim hearings. She was wiped out and yet there was a certain satisfaction in knowing that she’d put in a full days work and accomplished something. However, that knowledge was worth zilch as soon as she entered Yogs.

It was terrifically crowded. There was no hope in her getting a quiet seat to herself as she had been fantasizing. The old Abagael—who really was still there, buried under disillusionment—would have had a heart attack. But the new Abby simply grit her teeth and walked up to the bar.

She sidled in between a Rodian and a rather smelly pilot who from his accent she discerned to be Corellian. She was on the verge of shouting when the barkeep approached her, smiling through a tight jaw. He too was obviously tired.

“Can I get some Mandelorian broth…and a coffee. No, make that a water. Actually no a coffee.”

The bartender nodded and went to retrieve her order. Abagael’s feet were killing her and she glanced about trying to find somewhere to sit. There was an empty seat amongst some construction workers, but they looked like a rowdy bunch and right now she needed quiet.

And then she spied Jubei. He was the pinnacle of peace. He seemed to be quit relaxed and comfortable, a state that Abby doubted she would ever reach, especially now that she had added Jedi Apprentice to her already full resume. Her curiosity led her over to his table.

“I don’t mean to interrupt,”

She gave a tired smile to Kueller and then turned it to Jubei.

“But could I possible intrude and steal a seat?”

Kueller
Jun 10th, 2003, 12:58:14 PM
"Sure if that's okay with him," he jabbed a finger in the man's direction. Then he noticed who he was speaking too, "Oh hi Abagael did you get all your stuff in? In one piece that is?