PDA

View Full Version : US Open

Ace McCloud
Jun 9th, 2003, 11:51:39 PM
Hehehe, I'm going to the golf US Open in Chicago this week >=)

Figrin D'an
Jun 10th, 2003, 12:36:34 AM
I would so like to go... but I can't afford it right now.

TV coverage for me.

Ace McCloud
Jun 10th, 2003, 12:37:25 AM
well im going for free, but i have to work giving away scooters to old people or somethin like that. It'll be sweet lol

Figrin D'an
Jun 15th, 2003, 06:18:08 PM
>_<

Furyk was about an inch away from beating the Open scoring record by 2 strokes. Finishing with a 272, and tying the record, is awesome, not mention that it's his first Major championship... but to three-putt on 18, when you only need to two-putt for the record? That's gotta hurt a little. Oh well.

Looks like the course got a little revenge for the early low scores it yielded. Only 4 guys finished under par for the championship, and only two were below -1. A lot of great golfers, including Els, Singh, Price and Tiger all imploded a little today (quite a bit for Tiger... he played way to conservative on Saturday...).

Good tournament, though, and good to see another first-time winner.

Ace McCloud
Jun 16th, 2003, 11:46:30 AM
Welp, I have returned and the Open was awesome. Furyk dominated the whole championship. He was 11 under par when I left but finished -8. Which is a frigan lot for US Opens. The USGA usually tries to make it to where par or -1 is the winner. It wasn't that exciting, usually the last two days are close races but not this time. But just as long as Veejay Singh didn't win I was happy. He's just a complete <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> and a cheater. On the Asian tour he altered his score card by 1 stroke to make the cut. Tiger finished like 25th or something, not a very good championship for him. First time in 3 years hes not won a major championship, sad huh?

Figrin D'an
Jun 16th, 2003, 01:08:51 PM
Tiger will be fine. He just hasn't played a lot of golf so far this year because he was rehabing over the winter. He's played in 7-8 tournaments, and has won 3 of them. That's pretty good. He still has two more shots a major this year. If he plays well at the Western Open, he'll be right in the thick of things at Royal St. George in a few weeks.

Ace McCloud
Jun 16th, 2003, 03:17:31 PM
Well I'm not concerned about Tiger. But Watson, damn, he was awesome! I was there too! Man the gallery went nuts! It was so wonderful, I want to see him in the senior open in a few weeks.

Time
Jul 2nd, 2003, 05:14:10 PM
I know its a bit of old news but do you guys agree with the hard time people give ol' Veejay about Anika? It's getting alittle childish and out of hand when they have to follow him just to patronize him about it.

Figrin D'an
Jul 10th, 2003, 10:05:36 PM
I think it's rather out of hand, as well. There are plenty of guys on the tour whom have made veiled comments than mirror Veejay's, but he's the only one that's really gotten criticized because he happened to say certain things outright. I was all for Annika playing in The Colonial. I thought it was a great move by the tournament, good for her to test her skills, and entertaining for the fans of the game. But, while I personally disagree with Veejay's stance, I think it's pretty unfair for the sports media to come down on him as hard as they have.