PDA

View Full Version : Puzzle Pieces (completed)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 9th, 2003, 11:02:22 PM
De'Ville sat in her study, head resting in her hands as she pored over a copy of all the days headlines. GNN was reporting several blackouts over Coruscant, and that the power system was going to be overhauled, costing several millions of credits. There was obviously an error in the system, but no one could find it. Another report stated that a sector had been without garbage services for three days, due to destructive vynocks chewing on the wiring.

The Dark Jedi chuckled to herself, and flipped several pages up on the datapad, looking for news of the Senate. There were several pieces, but nothing of interest to her.

The door chimed, and she looked up, sensing outside the door. "Come in."

Wargrave
Jun 9th, 2003, 11:27:49 PM
"Millard sends his greetings," the voice said as the cloaked figure walked in.

"You are Master De'Ville, correct? Millard has spoken of you."

Wargrave bowed, "It is a pleasure to meet you finally."

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 10th, 2003, 12:00:27 AM
She looked over the man from head to toe, and made a non-committal grunting sound. It appeared that he wanted to talk, however, so she spoke. "Well, I cannot really say the same. But apparently you were also deemed worthy to come within our walls."

Her hazel eyes studied him carefully, and she finally motioned the man further inside, indicating a chair in front of her desk. Unlit candles occupied a corner of the desk, arranged in a semi circle, hot wax on several occasions had dripped from the flames to the desk, now cementing them in place. "So, Millard hides away from us now, is that it? He left without saying goodbye..." She didn't sound sad about it.

Wargrave
Jun 10th, 2003, 12:05:42 AM
Wargrave took a seat, removing the hood from his head. He looked vaguely like the previous Wargrave: the gray face was the main key, so were the blue eyes...but the shock of blond hair and mustache said otherwise. This Wargrave was younger than the previous one.

"Millard is busy with his own things right now. He thought it better if someone he trusted replaced him."

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 10th, 2003, 12:09:15 AM
"What Millard wishes is not my concern. If he wanted to leave, he should have just left, rather than send a worthless replacement."

Her words were barbed, chosen carefully as she evaluated this new Wargrave. Obviously a relative of Millard of some type, or perhaps a clone? De'Ville ruled out clone, as the general sense of him was different enough.

Wargrave
Jun 10th, 2003, 12:13:03 AM
Wargrave's eyes darkened but he didn't bite back.

"He hasn't left. Just don't plan on seeing him at any gatherings for a while."

He folded his arms in his hands, "As for the 'replacement' comment. I have the ability to hold my own."

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 10th, 2003, 12:18:17 AM
Another noncommittal grunt, as De'Ville's eyes tracked back down to the datapad on her desk. She unexpectedly tossed it at Wargrave, who caught it easily. "Watched the news lately, Wargrave?"

Wargrave
Jun 10th, 2003, 12:20:31 AM
"I get reports every so often," Wargrave gave no indication if he did or not, "You have a fascinating news service. Balmorra does focus on more than the Empire after all."

He adjusted his armor slightly, "I did hear about the 'incidents' with the Senators on Coruscant. Millard was quite pleased how those turned out."

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 10th, 2003, 12:42:52 AM
She looked at him with a blank stare. "There were no incidents on Coruscant, or any other planet, for that matter. And I suppose I'm supposed to be glad that your good friend Grand Admiral Millard appreciates the Hand's handiwork, and his own part in it?"

De'Ville pushed back her chair and stood to her feet. "If I wished for a Millard fan club, I would have joined the one on Balmorra when I was there. Know this, Wargrave, I do not know what you have going on with Millard. But your name dropping gets you absolutely no where with me. You cannot stand on another man's laurels, you must earn them yourself. Remember that."

Wargrave
Jun 10th, 2003, 12:47:27 AM
Wargrave only smiled, although inwardly he wasn't pleased.

"Millard is more than friend," he kept his voice level.

"And I don't expect to get anywhere by riding Millard's coat tails. I never have had to, nor will I ever. If we share the same name, it is simply a coincidence. Keeps...certain people from wondering what happened to 'Maester Wargrave' if all of a sudden a new person shows up."

He remained in his chair, "And the next time you are on Balmorra. I think it would serve you to visit Millard. He would delighted to have you at dinner. Although...I'm sure you and General Xilarian enjoyed your time together."

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 10th, 2003, 01:18:08 AM
If it were possible her eyes hardened even more. The actual temperature in the room cooled several degrees in a few seconds as the Force was manipulated by De'Ville. "Get out. Now."

Wargrave
Jun 10th, 2003, 01:19:54 AM
Wargrave rose from his chair.

"Of course, De'Ville. However, I was only making an observation. I have no clue what you and the General did while you were on Balmorra. And neither does Millard. To my knowledge atleast."

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 10th, 2003, 01:24:09 AM
"Your crass insinuations were obvious." The door behind Wargrave slammed open as De'Ville found an outlet for the rage building inside her. His smug comments were only making things worse.

She may have to work with this man, but it was going to take a bit more before they would have a working relationship of any kind. "I do not accept you into the Hand...Wargrave. And I will not ask you again to leave."

Wargrave
Jun 10th, 2003, 01:26:43 AM
"Frankly, De'Ville," Wargrave was getting angry, "I'm surprised Millard was able to work with you at all.

"Is it your hatred for Imperials or is there some other deep rooted hatred that causes you to act this way towards me?"

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 10th, 2003, 01:30:24 AM
He was in her Study. He had been asked to leave, even if it wasn't very nicely. She simply stared at him, slightly incredulous that he was still hanging around.

Then she shoved with her hands and the Force, knocking her unwelcome visitor right out the door. It slammed shut with a satisfying bang! and she sat down again in her chair, looking for her datapad.

Wargrave
Jun 10th, 2003, 01:37:30 AM
The doors flung open as Wargrave pushed against them.

"I came to introduce myself to my new comrades, Madame De'Ville," Wargrave's voice was harsh, showing an accent not from Balmorra, "Not be thrown out like some servant. If you wish to not accept me as a member of the Black Hand, then fine...

"But mayest thou remember," his language was slipping, "Wherest Millard to not trust me...thou wouldst not see me. Thou wouldst never lain eyes me!"

He glowered at her, then turned.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 10th, 2003, 01:41:09 AM
The door hit him in the back, booting him out of the room again. De'Ville chuckled, and made a note on a blank datapad.

Easily angered...prone to meddling in things not of his concern. Can use telekinesis - am I impressed? Also, Basic is not his first language.

More about Wargrave she would learn, and she would of course give him another chance. But trust is something earned, and with De'Ville it was almost impossible to do so.

Wargrave
Jun 10th, 2003, 01:47:33 AM
He'd said more words in ten minutes than he had in 2 hours. Wargrave rose from where his back collided with the wall, and began stalking away from De'Ville's study.

They'd meet again at a later date.

Right now...he had to report to Millard.