PDA

View Full Version : A Lonely Jedi

Ace McCloud
Jun 9th, 2003, 09:48:05 PM
The shadow jedi had always been alone, his whole life. Abandoned as a child he gained a hatred for man kind. Why he was left he doesn't know but it could have been for his abilities with the force. His powers could have scared his parents, but it wasn't his fault, it was theirs! But he was tired of running from the Sith.

Now his fate had led him to the steps of the Jedi Council. He was covered in a black cloak, with some shards of gray running down it. His face was completely concealed by the darkness but his red eyes glowed through them like a candle in the darkness. He began his ascent up the stairs and through the front doors, looking around for someone to greet him. He hoped he wouldn't attract too much attention, for he looked greatly like a Sith, and for those that could feel his aura, it wasn't exactly good, but it wasn't greatly evil either.

imported_Terran Starek
Jun 9th, 2003, 11:43:18 PM
"Have you lost your way, friend?" The Jedi's voice was warm but suggested much more than the words did alone. He made his presence known, coming before the stranger and presenting himself in the light. He was averagely tall, his figure hidden underneath a flowing set of deep brown Jedi robes. At his belt hung a slender lightsaber--the weapon of the Jedi--his only defense.

But he did not fear the man, for there was a blance of good and evil in his heart.

"My name is Terran Starek, and I am a Jedi Padawan here at the Greater Jedi Order. Can I help you with something, or are you just passing through?" His smile was soft and his tone very warm.

Ace McCloud
Jun 9th, 2003, 11:49:13 PM
The man's eyes flashed underneath his hood. He moved his right hand, pushing back his cloak, revealing his lightsaber then removing his hand to cover it once again.

"I am not lost," he said in a cold, scratchy voice,"I am here for a reason. And that reason is to join the Jedi Order that the Sith lord warned me about."

He had once been taken in by the Sith, but could not stand being controlled, so he broke free. A few things in between and hes here.

imported_Terran Starek
Jun 9th, 2003, 11:57:36 PM
Terran eyed the man. His spirit was cold, especiallly as he spoke, and he wondered what the true motives of this man really were. But he had hope--he always believed in the good in people.

"You have found it, my friend. But there is much more to this than just finding the Order," Terran replied. "Tell me--why is it that you wish to be a Jedi? Why seek out such a life?"

Ace McCloud
Jun 10th, 2003, 12:10:57 AM
He hadn't thought about that to hard before. He just thought that it would help him, he was tired of resisting the Sith on his own. He saw the GJO as a safe haven, for the lack of a better word.

"I am already a Jedi, perhaps not a light jedi as you however. I want to join you because I have found that the world around me is disturbed and distrustful. The people here are more like me. And ontop of that, I'm tired of resisting the Sith," he said as his eyes began to turn from red to blue.

imported_Terran Starek
Jun 10th, 2003, 09:20:50 AM
"Indeed, the galaxy can be a very confused place," Terran replied. This one had potential in understanding how the galaxy worked, but Terran still wondered about his motives. He wanted to make sure that this man was joining the Order because he sought peace and wanted to fight for what was right.

"What do you hope to do here if you are accepted into The Greater Jedi Order?" He hoped the man had some goals in mind.

Ace McCloud
Jun 10th, 2003, 12:32:45 PM
His voice was deep and scratchy, almost as a whisper, "What do Jedi do? Fight for peace and justice? Heh, are there even such things? I have yet to see them," he paused for a moment.

"Perhaps," in a louder tone,"I could fight for what I think is right. But maybe my motives are more vague or personalized than yours."

imported_Terran Starek
Jun 10th, 2003, 12:56:15 PM
"A Jedi trains his mind and body in the Force so that he is prepared to defend himself and others in the pursuit of Peace and Justice equally." Terran was wondering if this man knew exactly what the Jedi were about. Moreso, he wondered why this man would come to the Jedi Order if he did not seek such values.

"We Jedi gain strength from our pusuit of these things. They are what fuels us, what drives us to do what we do. If not from a great sense of duty and loyalt to freedom and justice, from what does a Jedi draw his strength?" Terran was begining to question his motives. Indeed, this man would need to show him that he had good intentions if he was to gain Terran's reccomendation to a Master for training.

"We fight together in pursuit of these truths. We are one body united, each using his or her strengths to fight for the same goal--peace. This is the essence of our Order."

Ace McCloud
Jun 10th, 2003, 01:13:57 PM
He listened, not waivering from his position at all.

"I like to fight," he mumbled. "Perhaps what fuels me is that every day, every second - death grows closer. Maybe its rage, or revenge. Disgust for the dark side, its hard to say."

"We fight together in pursuit of these truths. We are one body united, each using his or her strengths to fight for the same goal--peace. This is the essence of our Order."

"Maybe I just need a family. No doubt a world without war and death would be wonderful - and that is worth fighting for," Ace said as he dug deep into his mind. Without war and hatred his world would definatly be different. Was he ready for that? No matter, peace would not come in his life time, and if it did; he would make the most of it and perhaps return to his old life style.

Peace wouldn't be so bad would it? Heh, just as long as I get to fight for it and enjoy it, I'm happy. Thoughts of peace and how he would live began to flood his mind. Of course it was worth fighting for, theres nothing he wanted more than to just be left alone. But as long as hate and war existed, that would not be possible.

"Peace is worth fighting for. I have goals of being alone but the fact that peace would have to be present has never crossed my mind," he said aloud to the jedi. He wanted to thank him for opening up his eyes in such few words, but it just wasn't his style. He knew it in the first place, he just didn't want to believe it.

imported_Terran Starek
Jun 10th, 2003, 01:43:12 PM
"There are many here who enjoy training and take pride in combat, but a Jedi does not fight simply because he wants to. He is a defender, a keeper of the peace, not a brawler." He was begining to think that this man had an idea what it was to be a Jedi, but wondering now if he would be willing to accept the lifestyle.

"You musn't fear death. There is no death, there is the Force." Terran quoted the Jedi Code. "Do not let it agonize you. If you are to be accepted, you will learn more about this." Terran paused for a moment.

"It seems that now you are coming to know more about the life of a Jedi. The question is: are you willing to accept it? Are you willing to abide by rules and expectations set forth by the Order? Are you willing to give up freedoms of your own to accept the tests/trainings/wills of those wiser and those of the Council?"

Ace McCloud
Jun 10th, 2003, 01:51:32 PM
His eyes flarred red once again but returned to blue as he began to stroll slightly around, looking back at the jedi.

"Agonize me? Hah, oh no," he chuckled, "I seek it."

Noticing a round ball of glass on a near table he outstretched his hand and the force flowed through him and around him, clasping the glass ball and moving it towards him.

"Since I was a child I have lived by myself in the unforgiving forests of Endar. The cold nights, hot days. The hunger and thirst of when I was young still haunts me in my dreams. I learned to use the land, the weapons and the animals. All I have is knowledge. I have nothing to lose, and everything to gain."

imported_Terran Starek
Jun 11th, 2003, 01:41:08 PM
"You still haven't answered my question, friend." The Jedi would not let him talk around important issues like this. He had asked him a question, and he wanted a straight response.

Ace McCloud
Jun 15th, 2003, 09:58:33 PM
"You should be more open minded. For I have answered your question, just not in yes or no terms. But my answer is yes," he said pushing the ball back to the table.

imported_Terran Starek
Jun 16th, 2003, 01:35:00 PM
"You will find that I take the questions I ask seriously and, in doing so, expect a clear, consise answer. Is that understood?" Terran was normally a very cordial, polite person. But this other was trying his patience. He didn't seem to respect Terran, nor did he take this commitment very seriously. Was this his attempt at balooning his own ego or was he truly seeking to join the Order? Terran didn't know, but this other seemed to mock the ways of the Jedi. It was only fair to give him a chance to explain himself.

"The life of a Jedi is very difficult--if you are to be accepted, you will find that there are many trials and hardships to face. Jedi are not looked at with respect by all, and your adversaries will be strong and well organized. Will you be able to handle such adversity with a measure of self control and strong will that is expected of the Jedi?"

Ace McCloud
Jun 16th, 2003, 03:16:02 PM
"Of course," he smirked,"My whole life has been difficult and I have been respected by no one. And adversary wise, I have fou--defended myself against the sith. Self control, as you will find, is one of my most treasured traits. So whatever is in store in a light Jedi, I am willing to face it."

He believed what he said, but not only that but it would be a challenge. His whole life was a challenge, but this one was much different.

Ace McCloud
Jun 16th, 2003, 09:36:04 PM
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first," he said, mostly to himself. He turned around again to face the Jedi. He follded his hands over each other behind his back, remaining patient with him. Perhaps joining the Order would not be as easy as he expected, the Sith had seemed to accept him easily and without question. But he was a good man and didn't want to do the things of the Sith.

"So," he said, breaking the silence, "what else would you like to know? I do not know your code but I can tell from your words and action of what it may be. I may not be the most good hearted fellow, but no doubt I can fit under your rules very comfortably."

Figrin D'an
Jun 19th, 2003, 04:20:58 PM
Figrin emerged into the vastness of the Entry Hall, having come from the Living Quarters wing. He was on his way to the Garden to relax and meditate, although he was in no particular hurry. His pace was casual, his demeanor calm and unassuming. He walked with the intent to observe and admire, and as such, it was not difficult to notice the padawan Terran in conversation with man the Jedi Master did not recognize.

Diverting his path towards the two, Figrin approached quietly so as not to awkwardly interrupt, but mearly listen to the exchange of words. He waited, judged for himself a proper moment to step forward, and completed his slow walk into the circle of the conversation.

"Hello, Terran," Figrin said politely. "Having a good day, I trust?"

He turned to look at the visitor, darkly clothed and slightly shadowed.

"I believe I don't know you," he offered in a pleasent tone. "I'm Figrin D'an... a Jedi, like Terran. What brings you here, my friend?"

Having listened to a healthy portion of the conversation, Figrin already knew the general purpose of the man's visit. However, to facilitate more informative conversation... he wanted to hear the words from the guest himself again.

imported_Terran Starek
Jun 19th, 2003, 04:44:05 PM
"Yes, Master D'an, I am indeed, as is my hope also for yours," Terran had felt Master Figrin just as he approached. His senses were getting better, but they weren't as good as he had hoped. He needed to improve them when they were surrounded by others--like in the Jedi Temple.

Terran nodded to Figrin as he stepped into the conversation and paid his attention to the other. He hoped that perhaps Master D'an could shed more light on the recruitment process than he had been able to.

Ace McCloud
Jun 20th, 2003, 09:20:53 AM
The stranger could feel a more powerful feeling of the force within Firgin. He was stronger and more attuned to the force than Terran was. No doubt he was higher in 'rank'.

"Greetings Master D'an. My name is Ace McCloud. I have come here today, as you may already know, to join your Jedi Order," he said, pausing for a moment, "I am a fallen Sith, if you can call it that. I was with them 7 years ago, for 3 years before then. They warned me about the Light Jedi. But I couldn't believe anything could be worse than them. For you see I am a jedi as well, perhaps not a Light Jedi as you, but I believe the correct term is 'Shadow'. As I have explained to your apprentice here, I am someone who wishes to do good. Although my heart was plagued with hate in the past, I was never 'evil' - if you will. But after my several encounters with the Sith, I've learned from my mistakes, and even more so by Terran's words."

He kept his hood over his head, concealing his face completely, but his blue eyes shown through, piercing the darkness.

OOC: I know Shadow Jedi are not allowed but technically he isn't a shadow jedi and I havent had any posts showing it. It's just how my character best describes himself.

Figrin D'an
Jun 21st, 2003, 12:26:49 AM
Interesting..., the Jedi Master thought. The man's aura was abnormally shaded... he was able to discern this even before he had approached and entered the conversation... but, being a former Sith adept was certainly a possible explanation.

"So... your heart and mind were not completely given over to the Dark Side in your study of the Sith arts?," he asked retorically.

Figrin paced a bit, his hands clasped together behind his back, pondering and observing the enigmatic guest.

"You've sought us out... you've expressed an interest in learning the ways of the Jedi... you've said that you are willing to fight for what you believe is right...," he continued, summarizing what the vistor has already stated. "It would only be natural for us to wonder the compelling reasons for your interest in this way of life. Casting off the dark path, even when that path is only partially traveled, is quite difficult. What do you believe will give you the strength of will and resolve to successfully do so?"

Ace McCloud
Jun 21st, 2003, 12:38:20 AM
"Casting off of the dark path is irrelevant now, as I started that 7 years ago. The more relevant thing now is staying away from it. I have no interest in it however, so that is not a problem for me. Perhaps falling to the dark side would be easier for one who has been with you since the begginning, and for one who has not seen it personally. But for one whos heart was not pure and full of hate to begin with, it is not a matter of taking control of that person, it is more a matter of extending the hand, which is not so easily cast off, but letting go is another thing," he said, trying to hide his lie. Sure he had cast off most of the dark side but every now and then he had extreme urges coming from the dark side of the force. And he had to fight the urges with all the concentration and strength he could muster. Ace was very good at hiding his aura, but he hated lieing. Some part of him hoped that Firgin would notice. But if not he would have to tell someone later anyhow.

Figrin D'an
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:41:37 PM
"I see...," Figrin responded, his tone displaying a healthy amount of skepticism. There may have been a degree of truth to what the man was saying... having begun the struggle to break free from the clutches of the Dark Side several years before. In the Jedi Master's opinion, however, it was unlikely that he was completely free from it's influence.

The fact remained, however, that this being stood in conversation with two Jedi, and was clearly interested in the path of the Light. The Code dictated that the Jedi had a responsibility to help him. But, at this stage, he still could pose a threat to those around him. Although he was capable of making the decision on his own, Figrin felt the insight of others would prove more fruitful, and perhaps better reveal the inner thoughts of the stranger.

"Perhaps it would be beneficial to consult the Council," he suggested at last. "If you would consent to meet with them, we might be able to better ascertain your potential future with the Jedi."

Ace McCloud
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:52:24 PM
Ace nodded. Finally he was getting somewhere.

"Whatever you say Master D'an. I am happy to comply..." he said, slightly bowing his head.

"Perhaps, you would like to take this from me? I understand that you may not trust me fully, and hopefully this will help somewhat," Ace said. He reach down beside his hip, and his lightsaber came to his hand. He twirled it within his hand in several directions before giving it to Firgin. It was a very old, worn down, Sith Saber. Some paint was chipped away and it seems that it had taken a few blows from one thing or another. There was a visible blaster burn as well. Even if it was givin to him by the sith, it had no bad vibes coming from it.