PDA

View Full Version : Credits and the Force (open)

Abagael Zellan
Jun 9th, 2003, 12:28:00 PM
The Jedi living quarters were a peaceful place, a place of rest and solitude. Or so she’d heard. Today was quite the opposite. People were tramping in and out of the building, down the hall, all congregating near one room, in which Abagael was directing them. They all wore the same gray coveralls with ‘Vines Moving Co.” printed on the back, and they didn’t seem to care how expensive the items they were carrying were.

“Hey! Hey, that vase is worth three thousand creds, so please try and be a bit careful!”

Yes, she had a lot of things. And yes, they were all quite expensive. But Abagael was beginning to wonder if maybe it was a good idea to bring them here. She’d sold her high-rise penthouse in downtown Coruscant and exchanged it for…a room. Well a double room actually, with a spare bedroom for her son. It was a nice size actually, if not a little bare. But she’d soon taken care of that, ridding the quarters of the provided furnishings in exchange for hers.

“Listen, don’t slam things like that, they’re really very rare! No, put the bed against the wall! Not that wall, the other one!”

The noise was catastrophic and the halls were virtually inaccessible due to the crowd of movers. But Abby had paid little thought to that. She was too concerned with getting her things settled.

“Argh! Do you realize how much money one of these tables is? More than you’ll make in your lifetime buddy, show some respect!”

Kueller
Jun 9th, 2003, 01:36:14 PM
Kueller came up the corridor, on his way to his quaters, when he saw about a dozen men hauling furniture into a room. A lady was standing by the door shouting things like, "Don't break that" and "that's more than your job is worth." When it hadn't shifted he walked up to he and said, "How big is your frelling room?"

Trent Zellan
Jun 9th, 2003, 01:44:04 PM
"New house, new house, we got a new house...New house, new house, new house by the park..."

"Trent, hush!

The child rolled his eyes as his mother barked at the moving men. She was always high strung and today was even worse; really, he thought she needed a day of play. After all, couldn't she see how much better this little house was? The big home had been cold, done in steel and glass and marble. He liked this place with the carpet and curtains. Liked it a lot.

"New house, with the Jedi, gonna fight the bad guys...In our new home by the paaaaaaark!"

"Trent, please!"

The child stopped bouncing on the black leather couch, which had been halfhazardly placed in the living room. It seemed out of place, too fashionable. But he didn't care. Trent was happy as a clam.

"Momma, do I get to keep my bunkbeds?"

"Yes, you get to keep your--Dammit!"

Happily he pushed by the crowd of people and ran smack dab into a man.

He decided to answer for his mother.

"It's smallerer than our big house. Momma's tryin' to get all our stuff in wi'out breaking it."

Kueller
Jun 10th, 2003, 09:25:16 AM
"And what's your name little Jedi?" Kueller asked patiently after the boy had spoken.

Trent Zellan
Jun 10th, 2003, 09:33:43 AM
Trent laughed abundantly.

"I'm not a J'di! I'm jus' a boy!"

He giggled again and then glanced to make sure his mother wasn't listening. He wasn't supposed to talk to strangers.

"M'name is Trent Michael Zellan, an' I'm four!"

Kueller
Jun 10th, 2003, 10:41:33 AM
Kueller was being polite by calling him a Jedi, "And what about your mother is she becoming a Jedi?" Kueller knelt down beside him to make it easier for him to whisper.

Abagael Zellan
Jun 10th, 2003, 10:51:44 AM
"Yes I am."

Abagael appeared behind her son, face stolid. SHe pushed Trent behind her, protesting all the way.

"Go inside Trent. I think they've moved your toybox in."

That did it. The little boy pumped a triumphant fist in the air and scampered off to his room. Abby smiled thinly at Kueller.

"Can I help you with something?"

Kueller
Jun 10th, 2003, 10:55:56 AM
"Well no not any more. He looked around her. Looks like we're neighbours," Kueller smiled. "I'm Kueller and you are?"

Abagael Zellan
Jun 10th, 2003, 11:02:01 AM
"Abagael K. Zellan, attourney at law, also Jedi Padawan, at your services--as long as they require the help of one of the above."

She smiled and then took a step back as a moving man pushed by, carrying a large box.

“As you can see we’ve been pretty busy today—Please don’t slam that—“

SLAM!

“—down.”

Abby sighed defeatedly and then turned her attention back to Kueller.

“It’s nice to meet you. Just move in?”

Kueller
Jun 10th, 2003, 11:06:07 AM
"Earlier today," he looked at the luggage. "Just mov-ing in?"he laughed. "A very interesting son you have. Does he have the Force to?"

Abagael Zellan
Jun 10th, 2003, 11:11:29 AM
Abagael rolled her eyes and shrugged, dismissing it with a wave of her manicured hand.

“Oh God, who knows with Trent.”

She ran a finger along the underside of one shapely eyebrow and sighed.

“He’s….something. But just what I haven’t figured out yet.”

Abby shook her head, ending that avenue of conversation, and then glanced back at her place. She was starting to think it would never be organized.

“I’d invite you in but I barely have room for myself at the moment. I haven’t gotten it fixed up yet. Sorry.”

Kueller
Jun 10th, 2003, 11:17:13 AM
"That's fine. I have to get my own room sorted out. My roomate isn't the tidiest of guys. And I am." Kueller smiled, "Not a good combination. Nice meeting you. Hopefully I'll see you again soon," Kueller grinned, "That's if I can get out of that filth ridden place alive." With that he extended a hand of farewell.

[OOC: If I do start a thread intended for Abagael or Trent. It'll be here and will include abagael/trent/closed]

Abagael Zellan
Jun 10th, 2003, 11:47:10 AM
"Yeah, as soon as I get my place together you'll have to pop over for dinner or something. I'll even do the ordering in!"

Abby grinned as he walked off, and then resumed her fastidiously tiresome job of sitting on the couch and directing the movers.

"Not there, other room! The big bedroom....Left....Left...On the LEFT!!"

Kueller
Jun 10th, 2003, 12:48:12 PM
Kueller left the women to shouting at the movers. Walked in the door and said to himself, "I wonder how long she'll be there."