PDA

View Full Version : The Kids in Coruscant - Silly Dreams (open)

Majo Sabre
Jun 9th, 2003, 12:16:51 PM
<center>"Kids in Coruscant" (sung to "The Kids in America song by Len)

Looking out a dirty old window
Down below the cabs in the
City go rushing by
I sit here alone
And I wonder why

Friday night and everyone's moving
I can feel the heat
But it's shooting
Heading down
I search for the beat in this dirty town

Down town the young ones are going
Down town the young ones are growing

We're the kids in Coruscant
Everybody live for the music-go-round

Bright lights the music gets faster
Look boy, don't check on your watch
Not another glance
I'm not leaving now, honey not a chance

Hot-shot, don't give me no problems
Much later baby you'll be saying never mind
You know life is cruel, life is never kind

Kind hearts don't make a new story
Kind hearts don't grab any glory

Come closer, honey that's better
Got to get a brand new experience
Feeling right
Oh don't try to stop baby
Hold me tight

Outside a new day is dawning
Outside Suburbia's sprawling everywhere
I don't want to go baby
Tatoonie to Corilla
There's a new wave coming I warn you

We're the kids
We're the kids
We're the kids in Coruscant</center>

On stage, finally, singing, Majo felt alive, even if it was in a crummy little bar on Coruscant, that's where everyone almost started, and she didn't mind where she sang, as long as someone got to hear her do it. As the song ended, in her mind there's a large crowd clapping and screaming, but in realitly there where a few drunks who couldn't care less. Majo sighed, as she and the rest of her little band got off the tiny stage for a break, going to the counter as the others sat at an empty table.

"One Ale, Two Wookie Blasters, one Cherry blossom pit and a Killer Aid." Her speaking voice was very much different from her singing voice, it had a nasal tone to it, and it sounded as though the young woman was sick. Majo drummed her fingers on the counter top as she waited for the drinks, looking around the bar at the other patrons.

Jandor
Jun 9th, 2003, 12:50:17 PM
-This young man wasn't much of a music fan but he had little choice. Growing up an orphaned slave he never heard much music, exept the beat of the drums in the pit-slave fights he was forced to participate in. But now, Jandor was free.

Only 23 years old, he had a full life ahead of him. A place in the GJO, the wonders of the stars he missed as a child, he had everything to look forward to.
This was why he was here, not minding at all of the obscurity of the location, he was here to enjoy the sound of musiv for the first time. He thought it was great, but what did he know?

He was sitting at the bar and noticing the young lady he felt compeled to say something.-

"Say, thats an awful lot your getting there, you might wanta cut back a little......"

-He couldn't help but speak with a warm little smile.-

Majo Sabre
Jun 9th, 2003, 12:54:53 PM
Majo laughed, it sounded sorta harsh, as though she was mocking Jandor's question.

"It's not all for me, it's for the rest of my band." She said as she pointed at a group of two guys and another girl, the two guy where busy punching each others arms and laughing like dorks, while the other girl was fixing her face.

"Did you like it, the song, I mean?"

Jandor
Jun 9th, 2003, 01:01:10 PM
"Heh heh heh, ...Yeah, I know, I was just geting the ball rolling thats all.
And yeah, I LOVED it."

-Jandor tried his hardest to come across as honest but frankly, how would HE know if it was any good?-