May 17th, 2003, 04:25:39 PM
Go to:
http://barkera0.proboards19.com/index.cgi:D

BUFFJEDI
May 17th, 2003, 05:18:18 PM
Link no work for me:(

barkera0
May 17th, 2003, 05:20:56 PM
What do you think? If somethings wrong with it please tell me.

barkera0
May 17th, 2003, 05:22:19 PM
Make sure you don't cobpy the and if you don't copy that or the smiley face into the url it works. Try it again.

Dae Jinn
May 17th, 2003, 05:26:01 PM
http://barkera0.proboards19.com/index.cgi

BUFFJEDI
May 17th, 2003, 05:36:37 PM
Thanks DAE JINN;)
Got in and posted :) Didn't post much BUT posted

Marcus Telcontar
May 18th, 2003, 06:25:40 AM
ANY website that insists my popup blocker is turned off , I will not visit twice. No offence mate, but I just do not appreciate pop-ups in any form.

barkera0
Jun 9th, 2003, 02:57:54 AM
Join my Star Wars Forums!

http://barkera0.proboards19.com

Tell me what you think!:angel :crack

sirdizzy
Jun 9th, 2003, 03:20:16 AM
i think your a spammer

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Jun 9th, 2003, 03:52:39 AM
Ahh, Spam, such a delicious and delicate flavor it has.

Did you know that if you slice it thin enough, you can fry up Spam bacon? And that it also makes a good taco meat replacement when ytou cook it up and add the taco seasoniongs to it?

Heck, there's hardly any difference between Spam and Spam light except for less lubricating jelly around the inside edges of the can.

Yes, Spam is a good foodstuff, and one worthy of out attention.

But, Spam as a waste of out time as an internet link is worthless and has now taken some of my time away from reading more ways to cook Spam. I think I'll try Spam a la King next. Or maybe New York Strip Spam. Oh, the possibilities...

Sene Unty
Jun 9th, 2003, 08:46:48 AM
I hate spam...the meat and the people who come on promoting crap....

Charley
Jun 9th, 2003, 09:01:07 AM
There is nothing on those forums that would make me want to visit and/or post there, sorry.

ReaperFett
Jun 9th, 2003, 09:06:26 AM
Spam is where a poster posts multiple messages for no good reason, usually to increase their number of posts or to annoy other members.
So it is not really Spam. And the Mods can deal with Spam themselves, it doesn't need vigilante moaners thanks. Furthermore, posting something that could incite, such as some posts above, is borderline trolling.

Moved to Misc and Merged.

Mitara Sinar
Jun 9th, 2003, 09:42:33 AM
[nerd mode]

Hormel developed America's first canned ham (''Hormel Flavor-Sealed Ham'') in 1926, and eleven years later developed the first canned meat product that did not require refrigeration. It was a ''distinctive chopped pork shoulder and ham mixture'' developed by Jay C. Hormel, son of Hormel founder George A. Hormel, and marketed as ''Hormel Spiced Ham'' - not a terribly inspiring name for an innovative product fated to save lives, win wars, and balance diets of people world wide.

Hormel Spiced Ham got off to a slightly rocky start. Other meatpackers began to introduce their own canned luncheon meats, and Hormel lost its controlling share of the market. Soon, however, they came up with a cunning plan to rectify this situation - they would give Hormel's luncheon meat a truly catchy name. Toward this end, they offered $100 for a suitable appellation. The winning name was, of course, ''SPAM'', and a legend was born.

SPAM was launched with much high-profile advertising in mid-1937. It was called ''the Miracle Meat'', and promoted as an anytime meat. In 1940, SPAM was the subject of quite possibly the first singing commercial. The jingle was to the tune of the chorus of ''My Bonny Lies Over The Ocean'', and the lyrics were ''SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM/ Hormel's new miracle meat in a can/ Tastes fine, saves time./ If you want something grand,/ Ask for SPAM!''. Hormel also sponsored George Burns' and Gracie Allen's network radio show, which included ''Spammy the Pig''. During World War II, sales boomed. Not only was SPAM great for the military, as it required no refrigeration, it wasn't rationed as beef was, so it became a prime staple in American meals. SPAM supported the war effort more directly, too. Nikita Kruschev credits SPAM with the survival of the Russian Army during WWII. During the late 1940s and early 1950s, the Hormel Girls performing troupe advertised SPAM as they performed throughout the country, distributed SPAM door-to-door, and even had a national weekly radio show. Ads proclaimed, ''Cold or hot, SPAM hits the spot!''

In 1960, SPAM began to be sold in 7 oz cans alonside the original 12 oz ones. SPAM began to spawn variations in 1971, when smoke-flavored SPAM was introduced. Next came less salt/sodium SPAM, in 1986, and with it the honour of being considered ''state of the art in its industry'' by the Minnesota Association of Commerce and Industry." In the early 1990s, SPAM Breakfast Strips were introduced, as was SPAM lite.

now as for the digital SPAM

My research shows the term goes back to the late 1980s and the "MUD" community.

A MUD is a multi-user-dungeon. That's a somewhat archaic term for a real time multi-person shared environment, which is to say a shared world where users can chat, move around and interact with locations and objects in the environment. MUDs were named that because the first reminded people of "adventure" or "Dungeons and Dragons" games that involved jointly exploring a cave or dungeon.

But most people used MUDs to chat, and to play around and impress one another with objects they created. They were at first a highly evolved successor for the chat room.

The term spamming got used to apply to a few different behaviours. One was to flood the computer with too much data to crash it. Another was to "spam the database" by having a program create a huge number of objects, rather then creating them by hand. And the term was sometimes used to mean simply flooding a chat session with a bunch of text inserted by a program (commonly called a "bot" today) or just by inserting a file instead of your own real time typing output.

There are unconfirmed reports as well that the term migrated to MUDs from early "chat" systems. Rich Frueh believes the term originated on Bitnet's Relay, the early chat system that IRC was named after. When the ability to input a whole file to the chat system was implemented, people would annoy others by dumping the words to the Monty Python Spam Song. Peter da Silva reports use in early 80s chat on TRS-80 based BBSs, but feels since they imported other Bitnet Relay customs, the term may have come from there. Another unconfirmed report from a BBS user claims to have seen it defined as a "Single Post to All Messagebases" though this origin seems unlikely in my personal opinion.

Another report describes indirectly a person simply typing "spam, spam..." in a MUD with a keyboard macro until being thrown off around 1985.

[/ nerd mode]

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 9th, 2003, 03:48:22 PM
Good lord! Mitara!

And Fett, technically the poster has come back twice, only to post links to other boards. Spammer.

ReaperFett
Jun 9th, 2003, 03:54:21 PM
Well, the other part was important too :)