PDA

View Full Version : A fresh face

Jandor
Jun 8th, 2003, 06:23:08 AM
-It was a beautiful sunny morning. Jandor, a quiet but independant young man, was still breath-taken by the beauty of this place. Both the buildings and the people were so much more elegant then his back water planet.
Born an orphan slave he was forced into pit-fighting from a young age. Instead of perishing in the terrofying conditions he thrived. Inspired by the great stories of the Jedi he molded his own skills to their image.
By his teens he was already expirienced with wielding his paired lightsabres earning him the nickname "wardanncer" among the gambiling elite.
Jandor made a bet, against his better judgement he gambled his life for his freedom; Jando won.

Life here would be nothing like that. Now 23, Jandor knows what he needs to do.
Jandor wants to be a Jedi.

He gets the attention of a waitress.-

"One breakfast special please."

-The young waitress gives a little smile to the hansome boy before walking off to put in the order.-

*In the waitresses perky tone, she raises her voice, speaking from behind the bar.*
"It'll be a couple'uh minutes hun, that alright?"

*With a warm smile.*
"That'll be perfect"

-And he wasn't just being polite, he really would enjoy the wait. Something he missed out on as a child, it was another excuse to hang around a while longer to see all the wonderful things life had to offer.-

Kueller
Jun 8th, 2003, 10:21:19 AM
Kueller walked up to the man and said, "Mind if I take a seat." Kueller never found it boring to sit in the B+G and watch the customers. Just to monitor them, he thought someone should.

Jandor
Jun 8th, 2003, 10:28:14 AM
-Now on a roll he replies warmley to the request.-

"By all means my Jedi friend, by all means."

Kueller
Jun 8th, 2003, 10:30:47 AM
Kueller took a seat facing the door, "I am, unfortuanately, not a Jedi," Kueller smiled. "Not yet anyway. Are you seeking to become a Jedi?" Kueller asked, almost knowing the answer.

Jandor
Jun 8th, 2003, 10:39:45 AM
-Now thoroughly in a good mood, he answers with a warm smile.-
"Forgive my impertenance, I noticed that very destinctive demeenor and asumed you to be a Jedi. If not a Jedi then perhaps a student?."

-The waitress returns with Jandors breakfast, with the steam rising from it visible in the sunlight it looks spectacular. he throws a quick comment to the waitress as she walks away.-

"Please pass my compliments on to the chef."

-He removes his twin lightsabres from his belt, for comfort, and places them on the table beside him. His fork in hand and on its way to the plate he follows up his remarks joyfuly.-
"And yes, to answer your question, I am hoping to join it's ranks in the near future."

Kueller
Jun 8th, 2003, 10:43:53 AM
Kueller lifted an eyebrow and whispered, not with excitement, "How did you get that lightsabre in here? You have to hand them over at the door." Kueller relaxed, knowing he didn't know the rules of the B+G, "Yes a student. I am Kueller." He extended a hand, "And you are?"

Jandor
Jun 8th, 2003, 10:59:17 AM
-Breaking his vision from his food to his companion, Jandor answers as he returns the hand and executes the formal introduction politley.-

"Well master student,...I am Jandor......Jandor Tarvin."

-His attention still on the Padawan, his eyes and hands returned to his food, he mumbles to himself.-
"...mmm...I have no idea what this......it's but VERY good."

-He returns his eyes to the helpful friend.-
"And yeah, Oops....sorry, I wasn't aware of the rulings. I'm pretty natural with having them around everywhere I go so I guess the guards didn't think to ask."

-After taking another bite he continues.-

"..It's just I'm still used to the non-jedi rules found in the vast majority of cafe's. I guess I've gotta shake habits like that pretty soon huh?"

-Seeing his two lightsabres on the table reminds the beginner of the weapon codes of conduct. The guard has spotted the weapons on the table but is also understanding of the new guy's typical rookie mistake.-

"Oops,...sorry!"

-He tosses his weapons to the guard who catches them with a smile and gives a short nod, thanks for Jandor's compliance.
After the minor distraction his attention returns to his new aquaintence.-

[OOC: Thanx for the warning Dasquian!]

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 8th, 2003, 11:18:37 AM
OOC:

3) NO WEAPONS ALLOWED. There is very little chance of sneaking one through and there is a Shmabler at the door who rips arms off if there is any argument - if your lucky. If you unlucky we have a Gargoyle that will splatter you

GJO Rules state only Knights and above may carry weapons within Yogs Bar and Grill. Please edit your posts accordingly.

Kueller
Jun 8th, 2003, 12:51:14 PM
"Well. I'm sure just as long as you don't do it again they won't mind. Where'd those sabres come from?"

[OOC: Kueller would have laughed at Dasquians response had it not been OOC]

Jandor
Jun 8th, 2003, 01:54:46 PM
[OOC: Jandor has TWIN sabres, thats TWO sabres]

-Jandor answered honestly although his darkened past was clearly painful for him to recall.-
"I built them myself. You see I was a slave pit-fighter since I was a young child and I read the stories of the great Jedi and was inspired. I built my own lightsabres from technical spects I bartered for and I taught myself to use them. It was my style that earned me the name "wardancer" among the regular spectators.
I carry them every where with me, they're a natural extention of me and even now I can't help but feal a little vunerable without them. I hope to show my skills to the Jedi and maybe they will appreciet my talent."

Kueller
Jun 9th, 2003, 11:42:31 AM
"It says you're Jedi senses must be attuned to be able to build a sabre. How did you manage it?" Kueller said 'it says' but he knew that, he was truly interested.

Jandor
Jun 9th, 2003, 12:41:15 PM
-Jandor searches his mind for a solid answer because solid answers were hi style. He cam up empty handed and instead had to settle with the best he could do.-

"Truth be told, I still don't know. I never met my parents but I see them in my dreams, they speak to me, they teach me, they guide me. I always had a talent for defending myself, my body not obeying the natural forces but obeying my mind myself. Building my sabers was the same, I knew not how but my hands obeyed an unforseen force from within......."

-Jandor didn't really "finish" what he was saying, he meerly ran short. It was clear on Kuellers face that the response was too vague, the expresion on Jandor's face showed agreement.-

Kueller
Jun 9th, 2003, 12:50:59 PM
Kueller face filled with sadness. He knew exactly what it was like to lose his parents from an early age, "I dream about my parents. I dream that there was a horrible death mask and then a bar of red light..."

Jandor
Jun 9th, 2003, 12:57:59 PM
-With a now more solemn tone, Jandor responded.-

"I understand your loss but you must see that I never..........I mean I never............Anything could have happened to them, you know? They might have been tortured or left for some rancor's play-thing, or...worse.........."

-Jandor felt the great pain but instead of giving in to it he simply let it pass over him. As he lived by the way's of the jedi teachings he instead felt the serenity of what there was to be thankful for.-

Kueller
Jun 9th, 2003, 01:23:32 PM
Kueller didn't reply. He didn't want to start an argument on who had the greater loss. But seeing your parents die at the age of 2 was the most traumatic experience he had ever been through. His voice was slightly more cheery, "Have you got a room at the academy yet?"

Jandor
Jun 9th, 2003, 01:39:09 PM
-Choosing to forget the awkwardness, Jandor's picks up his good mood were he left off.-
"Umm, no, Can't say that I do. I was just distracted by the beautiful morning and having come a LONG way I opted for breakfast first."

Kueller
Jun 10th, 2003, 10:39:43 AM
"Oh," Kueller laughed, "Have you even been to the Jedi recrutment centre?"

Jandor
Jun 10th, 2003, 01:17:57 PM
"Yup, was greeted by Sir Dasquian,..................although I bet EVERYONE was originaly greeted by Sir Dasquian.
but at least now I'm an official Padawan,......well,....at least not untill I get assigned to a master."

Kueller
Jun 11th, 2003, 09:27:33 AM
"You could be waiting a long time. I haven't found a master yet." Kueller added quickly, "I bet it's nothing personal though."

Jandor
Jun 11th, 2003, 10:18:21 AM
"Ha Ha Ha!!!...........I guess so, there can only be so many masters and knights and there seem to be so many Padawans these days. Oh well, patience is a virtue."

Kueller
Jun 11th, 2003, 10:20:58 AM
"Patience is also boring," Kueller laughed. "That's why I decided to occupy myself making sure nothing happens at this B+G. And also you get to talk to practiacally everyone who enters."

Jandor
Jun 11th, 2003, 10:24:02 AM
"You know what, I think your on to something. Hey! we could start a little club! round up another couple of straglers and we could start a small group! you know, to look over the B+G and stuff!
At the very least, it would pass the time, and if any problems did arise in here, with between 4 or 5 Padawans, we could settle it fast.
Plus it'd be fun to."

Kueller
Jun 11th, 2003, 10:27:42 AM
"Hmmmm." Kueller used this time to think. "Well we could. But three. No more." Kueller could spend time on his own some other time. "You, me and one other." Kueller wasn't sure who.

Jandor
Jun 11th, 2003, 10:29:48 AM
"You're right, three would work better, plus we'd look cooler to, heh heh heh.
Maybe we should hang around the recruitment centre or maybe the living quarters to scout out a third."

Kueller
Jun 11th, 2003, 10:35:43 AM
"The living quarters would be best."

OOC: Perhaps you'd like to post a thread there asking whether someone would like to join.

Jandor
Jun 11th, 2003, 10:37:25 AM
OOC: Okay, but you'd beter be there to, it'd be faster/easier to explain with both of us there.

Kueller
Jun 11th, 2003, 01:17:58 PM
OOC: To those that are interested, the thread is here http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29984 we haven't found anyone yet so it isn't all in vain.