PDA

View Full Version : Scheduled Visit (sejah)

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 8th, 2003, 02:48:33 AM
What a dreary day thought the Jedi warlord, shaking off the rain from his cloak. Misreble it was, but aslo good as it made movign around unseen easier. Vash had done some spying for him and gotten the location of his ex-Padawan Sejah Haversh - it was unfortunante Marcus was forced to leave Haversh in the care of Evenstar - but that's the way life worked some times. It wasn't like Marcus really wanted to do that.

Well..... anyway. Today he was going to do what he never realyl got to do before. Say goodbye and explain why he was not right to train Sejah. Which, he regretted cause he rather liked the mongoose, even if he was the most stubbon prick he had come across in a long time.

Here was the room. It was easy for the Master to break in silently, move past what was a booby trap (or seemed that way to him) but step directly into some goop. He sighed, raising his eyes skyward, for it stank whatver it was. Liek as if Stig had unloaded a bowel movement here.

Grrrreeeeeaaaaatttttt.

Sejah Haversh
Jun 8th, 2003, 03:11:14 AM
There had been no booby-trap, only a pile of Sejah's junk near the door where he had placed it while digging out a spare chip for his music player from his overstuffed cabinet. The pile actually was from Stig, but how the cat had gotten into the room was anyone's guess, as Sejah, Dasquan and Corin had been out almost all day.

For the dismal weather outside, Sejah was having a splendid afternoon. His self-tought reading lessons were beginning to really pay off, and he could often be found reading for pleasure than just to catch up with the normal curve. That afternoon the volume in his paw was a book titled 'The Jungle Books', a collection of stories he enjoyed immensely. But, as all things do, the thrill of the written word slowly wore off, and he pulled the satin bookmarking ribbon back into place before shutting the volume and getting up from his seat on a hallway bench with a view of the city.

The days and weeks had blurred together too much now for him to remember just what had happened when. Helenias was faring no better with her illness, and he tried to see her when he could, but Sejah knew that it was best that he did not aggrivate her, so he often found himself alone, just as he was then.

A quick glance at the clock on the wall reminded him that one of his favored holovision shows would be on soon, so the NEhantite made his way casually back to his room, and did not even notice that the door was no longer locked. After all, when one shared a room with two others, that was not something you often worried about.

The smell that hit his nose when eh stepped through the door did worry him, though, and he automatically called out, "Dasquain, I told you not to make that nasty tea in here again! It smells like-," he cut himself off suddenly, hitting the light panel. Though he couldn't see into the adjoining rooms, Sejah was certain that there was someone in his apartment with him, and that it was neither of his peculiar room mates.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 8th, 2003, 03:19:37 AM
"Goddamn <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>ing cat" Marcus snarled. "How the hell does that black maniac get everywhere in this place?!?!"

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Jun 8th, 2003, 03:27:37 AM
Ack, wrong account.

Sejah Haversh
Jun 8th, 2003, 03:28:28 AM
The moment Sejah heard a loud voice, his paw tossed aside the book and snatched up the tulwar that rested atop his stuff cabinet and let the scabbard fly off of it as he wheeled about to see who it was, though with the blade held at the ready. He was unprepared for what he saw.

"M-Marcus?" he stammered, his pink eyes wide and his mouth hanging agape. Snapping out of his daze, the mongoose lowered his sword and straightened his stance, though still visibly shocked at the sight of his former master. "Master Q'Dunn, what,... what are you doing here?" He asked, though almost defensive, as if it might be a trick being played on him.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 8th, 2003, 03:48:11 AM
"What am I doing here, apart from treading in cat <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>? Well, I HAD been wanting to visit a friend of mine. Hairy, got a tail and a rather nice sword, stubbon but good hearted. Know anyone of that description in this place?" he ended, grinning madly.

Sejah Haversh
Jun 8th, 2003, 03:53:00 AM
"It's furry," Sejah corrected him, Marcus' smile spreadign to his own muzzle. "You're the hairy one, remember?"

All the danger he elt was immediately washed away by the presence of the Jedi Master, and Sejah tossed his tulwar over onto his bed while he stepped forward and hugged Marcus, clapping him on the back. "Where the heck have you been, man?" he asked while letting go. "We've all been worried about you, y'know. Come on in, have a seat, but, take off that boot, and I'll get that mess cleaned up here in a jiffy."

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 8th, 2003, 04:01:40 AM
"I'd rather not say where I've been" Marcus said, somewhat quietly, removing his boots and stepping warily around the 'landmine', "It was a dark path I'd rather not remember that I only just managed to come out alive from. I've been around here for a few weeks recovering in the room of one of the other Jedi Masters. Probably really been the first week I've felt liek seeing other people"

"so, how the hell are ya?" he said. "I've been wondering how you have been going. I'd have asked Helenias first but.... she dont seem to be around. No one can tell me where she is. Nor Xazor"

Sejah Haversh
Jun 8th, 2003, 04:10:35 AM
Sejah wasn't sure what was worse, the cat pile or Marcus' socks. Did he ever wash them, or at least own more than one pair?

Ducking into the kitchenette to grab some paper towels and some carpet cleaner, Sejah emerged agan and set himself to work cleanign up Stig's mess quickly before tossing out the soiled supplies in the covered trash can and washign his paws. Returning from the kitchenette once more, drying his paws with a hand towel, the mongoose took a seat in one of the comfortable chairs he had picked up at ta local flea market and listened to his former master before a silence fell over the room.

Finally, Sejah just had to say it, "Marcus, Helenias is not well. When I see her now it is only for short visits, and often in the infirmary. She won't tell me what's wrong, but, she's not seeming to get any better. I think it would do her a world of good if you were to stop by there and see her. Think it would be good for you too after what you just said. Now, Xazor, I'm not sure about. I barely see her anyhow, so, I don't know where she's gotten off to now."

Sejah could see the effect his words had on his friend, so he went on to answer Marcus' original question. "As for me, I am fine. I recovered from what happened on Nehantish, but, you never came to see me that next day. I guess I know why now. My reading is getting better, and, um, I've not learned much else, really. Tell me, are you back to stay, now, Master Q'Dunn?" His eyes were eager for a positive answer as he asked his loaded question.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 8th, 2003, 04:21:25 AM
"That's the problem - she's not even there now. She's... gone. I've sent a friend of mine to track her down. But that could be hard, you know Helenias was a full fledged Imperial Royal Guard? I'd like to visit her but... well... yeah. I guess she'll come out of the hole she's in when she is good and ready"

"and as for your question, I really dont know. I didnt come here to announce who I am. It wasnt my intention to even be here. My intention was to let you know where I am, before I got busted up"

Sejah Haversh
Jun 8th, 2003, 10:06:09 AM
Sejah grew concerned again, and he asked, "What? Are you in trouble, Master Q'Dunn? Where are you going, and can I help you?"

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 10th, 2003, 01:04:19 AM
"No, not directly. But I do have work to do. Work that doesnt allow me to be here.... I dotn think the Council would agree with it. But, it's things that have to be done. I just wanted to see my wife before I moved on"

Sejah Haversh
Jun 10th, 2003, 01:45:52 AM
"I'm sorry, Marcus," Sejah shook his head, "I haven't seen or heard form her in three days. I used to get concerned, but, it's been like this for so long that I just have to trust that she'll be okay. She won't let me help her."

Looking back into the kitchen, then back at Marcus, the Nehantite asked, "Are you hungry? I was going to whip up something to eat. Come on, have dinner with me and we can hang out. Dasquain and Corin never come back in until late, so, we'll have the place to ourselves for a while."

Getting up, Sejah passed by the small table where his lightsaber lay. It was plain to see that it had not been used in some time, as a light layer of dust dulled the normal shine of the metal. His Jedi robes also suffered neglect, hanging in the coat closet, untouched for the same amount of time.

Opening the fridge, Sejah glanced over to his former master and asked, "Care for something to drink? We've got Nehi, some beer, and a few other things."

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 10th, 2003, 01:51:05 AM
"Beeer? No, alcohol holds nothing for me. Tea will do fine. And I'll accept your invitation. If there's oen thing I have learnt, is never turn up food. You never know when you might regret it"

Sejah Haversh
Jun 10th, 2003, 02:03:07 AM
Sejah grinned at Marcus' comment, then filled an electric kettle with water and plugged it in before popping the cap off a bottle of Nehi and takign a swig.

"Well, I can't promise much, Marcus, but I'll do what I can. Never was the best of cooks, but I learned to live with it," he admitted, thinking back to his life on Nehantish. For a short while he rummaged around in the fridge, pulling out this and that, and then went about marinating a couple thick steaks before pouring the heated water into a mug and dropping a teabag in it to steep while he chopped some vegetables. They were technically Dasquain's veggies, but he considered it fair payback for the time the knight ate all his honey-roasted cashews.

When the tea was ready, Sejah plucked out the bag and tossed it neatly in the trash, then carried the mug back to Marcus, passing it off with the handle first. "Steak coming up soon; has to marinate for a while first, though," he explained, then sitting down again.

"You know, just before you disappeared I don't think we were on very good terms. I don't think I really got to explain what happened, and you never showed up in the medical ward that next morning, so I got worried you had abandoned me."

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 15th, 2003, 01:38:10 AM
"Steak? Oooo, sounds good to me. And as for training and stuff... that why I'm here. I honestly think, despite the fact you are stubborn prick and it takes a wallop to get new ideas into that head of yours, you are a very good student. I'm just not sure if you want a Master like me however."

Sejah Haversh
Jun 15th, 2003, 02:37:24 AM
"Well, I guess when you only know one thing, it does get kind of hard to learn others," Was Sejah's reply in defense of his stubborness. "And, I'm glad you think I'm a good student, even though I still haven't learned much."

Folding one paw over the other in his lap, Sejah sqeezed the row of knuckles of one paw witht eh other; it was obvious that he was searching for the right things to say. "Master Q'Dunn, with all due respect, I'm not sure I want a master like your wife, either. I realize she has been ill, and also has other duties to attend to, but, we have only talked three times of any measure since you disappeared. I have not progressed at all, and others are passing me right at left. I made a promise to you that I would serve under your tutilage and follow your instruction, and that is a promise I am trying very hard to keep. When Helenias summoned me and told me that I was to transfer unto her leadership, I agreed because of my promise to you. But, I regretfully have been wishing to dissolve that promise as of late. I'm sorry, I just, well, I am made to feel like an unwanted burden here, is all."

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 16th, 2003, 06:04:00 PM
"The name's Elessar Sejah. Marcus Elessar. Q'Dunn was the name I used because.... I didn't know otherwise. I went back home, really home. I saw the sands of my birthworld. I found my mother's grave"

He shrugged his shoulders.

"i've had a lot of things to think about lately. Well, maybe Helenias was a mistake. She's clearly not a teacher. I'm not sure however your road should be along mine - I'm a renegade of the first order. Maybe you and I need to have a bit of a walk so things become clearer"

Sejah Haversh
Jun 16th, 2003, 06:50:54 PM
Sejah glanced back at the kitchen and thought it would be okay if the steak marinated for a while. "A walk, um, okay, Marcus."

He was still unsure if he should call him Marcus or Master Elessar, because he technically was no longer is master. Sejah just opted to play it safe and sort of mix the two, just in case. "Um, let me get my shoes on, just a second here."

Getting up, the mongoose dodged around a small crate of stuff and then docked down beside his bed, digging his canvas hi-top sneakers out from under it, then sitting down to pull them on and tie the laces.

"So, anyplace in particular you want to go? Oh! I never got to show it to you, but, I got a car; I won it from the tournment." It was obvious from the gleam in his pink eyes that the car was a truly treasured belonging, and that he at least wanted Marcus to see it, if only briefly.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 17th, 2003, 01:37:58 AM
"A ... car? You mean a ground speeder? Aint seen one of those in a while. Yeah sure, lets go looksee"

Sejah Haversh
Jun 17th, 2003, 02:27:51 AM
"Yeah, c'mon, it's, well, it used to be just a recieving dock, but, nobody ever really used it, so they let me park it down there," Sejah explained as he picked up the keys off the hook by the door. A black leather and chrome key fob was attached to the ring, and it bore a logo unfamiliar to those not form Nehantish, but to the mongoose, it was a cultural icon.

Krarr.

The key nearly rattled in his paw on the turbolift trip down to Sejah's "garage", and when the door opened, he stepped out into the dark, musty air and flipped on the unshielded lights.

There, parked in teh middle of the mostly empty room was a very agressive looking, black muscle car. The paint seemed to suck in all the details of the room, relfecting only black, and the chrome was a liquid mirror. Even the mag wheels gleamed, and Sejah's face was a smile wider than the chrome grille when he looked at it. He couldn't resist describing it in detail, as if he had memorized the advertising brochure.

"She's a brand new Krarr Flagline GT-10. Ten cylinder, 562 cubic inch supercharged engine that puts out over six hundred horsepower at the wheels, she's all wheel drive, and has all the options. Paw-tanned King Cobra skin interior on top of wool carpeting. Six speed manual transmission with air clutch, and side ported exhaust. I've only ever had her up to a hundred and fifty-five miles per hour, but, I know they can go faster. You're looking at the best car to ever come from my planet." His face took a devilish turn as he grinned. "Care to go for a spin?"

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 21st, 2003, 04:23:13 AM
OOC : Well, lets asay Marcus is impressed and says yes. Sorry I cant do better, but for some reason i cant reply the way i like