PDA

View Full Version : A Simple Matter of Miscommunication (open)

Reginald Hastings
Jun 8th, 2003, 02:20:33 AM
Sometimes even the most trivial matters could become complicated. Most of the time, it was due to people who lacked the mental capacity to follow simple instructions. When a large man carrying a sawed off shotgun tells someone to exit the vehicle and hand over the keys, most people prompty get out of their speeder, hand over their keys, and call their insurance company. Some people though, miss the obvious suggestion of which course of action would be in the best interest of their own well being. It's these people who are prone to try to start the ignition, in hopes of speeding away from the scenario.

This was the type of person Reg had just happened upon.

The speeder was expensive, more of a status symbol than a vehicle. This didnt really mean it was lacking in any sort of way, it just meant that most people couldnt afford much luxory, which in turn meant the vehicle would turn a pretty penny once it was aquired and resold. The owner had just stepped out of an adjacent office building wearing a suit and tie, he was an accountant, judging by his dress and place of employment. Reg had decided to wait instead of trying to bypass the latest security systems that the speeder was programmed with. As the man got into the car and shut the door, Reg stepped out and up to his window, shining a flashlight through as if he were a police officer. The man quickly rolled down his window...

"Is there some sort of problem??"

"Step out of the vehicle and hand over the keys."

The man then realized that Reg wasnt wearing a uniform. Rather than following orders, he reached for the ignition. Quickly, Reg opened the door from the inside and began kicking the owner of the speeder repeatedly. The man began trying to scream for help as Reg started to drag him out. With an annoyed facial expression, Reg let the man fall , then drug him by his foot until his head was laying back against the driver's seat. With a hard motion of his left arm, Reg began slamming the door repeatedly. This was sufficent enough to stop the man's pleas for help.

Reg grabbed the man's foot again and drug him on out of the speeder before he could get any blood on the upholstry, and left the man laying on the sidewalk, as he started to step into the speeder.

Veela N'livyan
Jun 9th, 2003, 11:45:39 AM
From the backseat, Veela had heard it all and now lay on the floor, crouching. The Twi'lek was biting her lip to keep from screaming, as the stranger promptly hopped into the speeder.

Oh Frell...Oh...Please, don't let me die, don't let me die, don't let me die...

And as the speeder pulled away, Veela started to shake. She kept imagining that the man was looking at her, though he couldn't have known there was anyone else in the vehicle. The girl managed to stay quiet for a full fifteen minutes before her imagination got the best of her.

Veel shot upright, screaming. Her lekku, as well as her whole being, were quivering.

"Oh please, don't kill me! Please, I'll give you whatever you want, my father will give you as many credits as you want, but please don't kill me!"

Reginald Hastings
Jun 11th, 2003, 03:34:09 AM
The airbrakes on the speeder were tested thoroughly as the screaming started. Reg was pobably only minutes away from his drop point, and he would be taking home a lofty paycheck that night. The new turn of events weren't prepared for at all. His first reaction was to grab the screaming woman and toss her out of the speeder. But this was overridden by one word.....

Credits.

Reg kept his eyes on the woman. She was already speaking his language, but a few details needed to be sorted out first.

"If you would save me the inconveniece, we could do without all the fuss. I guess I should have been more thorough when aquiring this vehicle. Mistakes aside though, tell me what the bloody hell are you doing back there."

He kept a close eye on her through the rear view mirror. The shotgun that was once laying in the passenger seat was now resting on the floorboard, just a little insurance that it was more accessible to Reg than it would be for the panicking Twi'lek.

Veela N'livyan
Jun 11th, 2003, 08:55:00 AM
"I'm--I'm--I'm..."

Veela stuttered, unable to think clearly. She was sure that his adressing her was just some sick, twisted way of deriving amusement before he killed her. It was an understatement to say that she had an overactive imagination.

"That man...That was my mothers assistant....I was get-getting a ride...I was getting a r-ride t-t-to the mall, to the mall."

She clasped her hands between her shaking knees and clenched her jaw together. Veela sat staring at the man, and when she couldn't take it for another second, shut her eyes tightly. Expecting to be among the deceased withing a few minutes she began to rock back and forth.

"Don't let it hurt, please don't let it hurt..."

Reginald Hastings
Jun 12th, 2003, 03:19:05 AM
"I guess thats a valid excuse, and I suppose it would be proper of me to believe you. It just boggles my mind a bit as to why you were laying down in a hidden manner."

Suffice to say, if Reginald ever needed a lift to somewhere, he wouldnt hunker down and hide. More likely than not, he'd stand outside the car staring at his watch with a threatening look on his face, to deter the person driving him from dragging their feet.

Veela N'livyan
Jun 13th, 2003, 10:01:41 AM
How was she supposed to explain to him that she’d had a feeling of foreboding all day long, and it had escalated unbearably as soon as she’d entered the speeder? For all it’s sincerity it still sounded like absolute ludicrous. And so Veela lied.

“I wasn’t hiding…I was…I was trying to find my…earring, when you just happened to show up, rather impolitely too.”

Never mind that her ears weren’t pierced, or that she’d been huddling in a manner that wouldn’t have allowed any such searching had she actually lost something on the floor of the vehicle.

Reginald Hastings
Jun 14th, 2003, 12:53:51 AM
"Aye, I guess my manners were a bit off. Now buckle up."

The glare on Reginald's face didnt twitch or slack up at all. If she were buckled in, she would be less prone to try anything stupid, like trying to throw her hands over Reg's eyes, in an attempt to make him stop.

Veela N'livyan
Jun 16th, 2003, 09:35:50 AM
"O-okay..."

Veela scrunched up next to the door and pulled the safety belt over her lap and shoulder. It didn't take long, as they pulled ito traffic, for her to start fidgeting. Veela, was a backseat driver.

"Um...Actually, if you um, pull onto Harv'iil Ave and take that to eleven-eighty-first, you can bypass this whole section and come out ahead of all this traffic."

She raised her hands up innocently.

"It's just a thought. And um, maybe if you went a little faster maybe, people might...y'know, look out a bit."

Reginald Hastings
Jun 19th, 2003, 03:47:40 AM
Reginald kept silent as he passed Harv'iil Ave. He did accelerate slightly, just to catch up to traffic. A clear avenue wasnt traveled for a reason, most likely due to the amount of police patrolling to catch people speeding to get ahead of traffic. The comlink beside him then beeped, and he calmly picked it up.

"Yeah.."

"Im going to be missing my drop tonight, I ran into some trouble. I'll explain everything when I have some time."

"alright.."

The conversation wasnt really civil, as it was business. Veela was the reason for his lack of detail. If worse came to worse, she already had a description of him for the Watch, minor details about his associates wasnt something he'd like her to know.

"So, whats your name..."