PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Animal Cruelty Story, But With A Happy Ending

Jinn Fizz
Jun 7th, 2003, 10:38:23 PM
I kid you not, I had tears in my eyes by the time I finished reading this story. It's truly disturbing, and I seriously hope they throw the book at the perpetrator.

This is a very scary story, but let me assure you ahead of time, the puppy in question is going to be fine.

http://www.sptimes.com/2003/06/07/Pasco/Pup_hurt_after_haul_b.shtml

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 7th, 2003, 10:42:37 PM
omg! :cry Me too....bastich!!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 7th, 2003, 10:44:00 PM
that's horrendous; i think they should drag that guy by a car until he loses 85% of his feet.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jun 7th, 2003, 10:53:34 PM
horrible, that kinda of thing is unforgivable! :verymad

Zeke
Jun 7th, 2003, 11:04:27 PM
Just what I needed to read. |I More stuff to get me riled up.

Silus Xilarian
Jun 7th, 2003, 11:09:21 PM
It's beyond me how anyone can be that sick.

If someone did that to my dog, they'd be taking me to jail instead....

imported_Terran Starek
Jun 7th, 2003, 11:42:29 PM
I have been forewarned by reliable sources not to read this link as it will upset me. I HATE animal cruelty (especially to domestic animals) and I hope the owner gets maximum punishment.

Thanks for sheltering me from reading this, Uncle Silus. :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 8th, 2003, 12:45:17 AM
Its almost as bad as if they did it to a baby. :mad

Lion El' Jonson
Jun 8th, 2003, 12:49:44 AM
Erm....eugh....

That's all I can say, that's totally unhuman.

Jinn Fizz
Jul 3rd, 2003, 08:54:55 PM
Unbelievable...somebody's done it again. :cry

Sterling Woman Charged In Family Dog's Dragging

By Maria Glod and Rosalind S. Helderman
Washington Post Staff Writers
Thursday, July 3, 2003; Page B01

A Sterling man walked into the Fairfax County Animal Shelter on Tuesday and said that the injured dog whose owner was being sought belonged to his family. He had a photo of Champ, a little white Jack Russell terrier that he thought had run away from home.

But Fairfax County police believe that the man's wife knew exactly where Champ had gone. They said Jeong Oh dragged the pup by his leash out the window of her car last Saturday and left him on a Fairfax County street.

Oh, 48, was charged yesterday with animal cruelty and animal abandonment, and she is scheduled to appear Aug. 27 in Fairfax County General District Court. Fairfax police would not say whether they think the dragging was intentional.

Champ's story began Saturday morning in Great Falls, when a few passersby noticed a Honda Prelude driving down Carpers Farm Way with a white dog being pulled beside it. Witnesses said the dog was attached to a purple leash that led through a passenger window.

For about 500 feet, car and dog went down the street as the onlookers watched in horror, police said. Then the car stopped and a woman with shoulder-length brown hair got out, released the dog and drove away.

The 19-month-old dog, wearing a red nylon collar, was left on the side of the road with pulled muscles and the pads of his paws worn down and sore.

Fairfax County police released photos of the terrier to TV stations and newspapers, trying to find the owner -- and the little white dog became an instant celebrity.

Callers flooded the phones at the Fairfax police office. Dozens of people offered to adopt him. Others wanted to donate money for his medical care. Still others just wanted to express outrage that someone would harm such a cute creature.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals condemned the offender and offered a $5,000 reward for information leading to an arrest.

But despite all the attention, the dog's identity remained a mystery until Tuesday, when the man, whom police identified only as Oh's husband, came to the Fairfax animal shelter. He said he had seen the television reports and presented a photo of Champ.

Police would not discuss details of the investigation but said they quickly determined that Oh would be charged in connection with the incident.

Neither Oh nor her husband was home yesterday when a reporter visited their two-story townhouse with a tidy front lawn in a quiet subdivision. A teenager who answered the door and identified himself as their son said he was unaware of the charges.

Neighbors in the Sterling development said they were shocked by the allegations. Bob Gambale, 65, who lives in a townhouse next to the couple, said he would see the couple walking Champ when he went out with his own dog, a pug.

"Knowing them and seeing them with the dog, they loved that dog," Gambale said.

Gambale called Oh an "awfully nice lady" and said she sold her artwork from her home. "I can't imagine she would have done this intentionally," he said.

Ranse Leembruggen, 58, another neighbor, said he often saw Champ tied to a tree on Oh's front lawn and felt bad for the pup. "A little guy like that, he didn't seem to get out much," Leembruggen said.

Whatever happens in the criminal case, Champ will have a new home, police said. They said the Oh family has voluntarily given up custody of him.

The shelter has received so many requests from would-be adoptive owners that they've asked that no one else call, police said. Champ has been recuperating, and the bandages have been removed from his paws.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res07tt5/champ.jpg

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jul 3rd, 2003, 09:17:11 PM
horrible horrible ppl, I just don't see how anyone could do that.....

Dae Jinn
Jul 3rd, 2003, 09:25:03 PM
>_< They had a story like this on a Humane Society show. It's sad, and the people who do it don't get punished severely enough IMO.

Silus Xilarian
Jul 3rd, 2003, 09:27:12 PM
ppl like that should be shackled and left in a room alone with me...

These people are seriously sick.......few things disturb me as greatly as those stories have...

Ishan Shade
Jul 3rd, 2003, 11:06:40 PM
...disturbing.

I really dont have a tolerance for someone who would do that. It makes me sick....and it makes me want the beat the living <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> out of somone like that.

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 4th, 2003, 10:30:44 AM
What a world. To imagine, people do this kind of thing for fun. But what do you expect in a world where people glorify things like lying, cheating, stealing, and violence?

Park Kraken
Jul 4th, 2003, 12:03:11 PM
That is sick, sick, sick. I remember hearing a couple of animal cruelty stories such as of late, one of them being where several teens beat and abused a, I think it was called a Llama?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 4th, 2003, 12:05:52 PM
Don't be silly, there is no such thing as a llama.

Silus Xilarian
Jul 4th, 2003, 12:25:52 PM
its a big conpiracy...

Its like the government trying to tell us there's a such thing as canada...

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 4th, 2003, 12:27:09 PM
Whachoo talkin' 'bout, Silus? o_O

Fett would be so proud of me!! :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 4th, 2003, 12:30:28 PM
*groans* >_< Truly aweful. I am full of awe that you could stoop so low, Vega. ;)

Park Kraken
Jul 4th, 2003, 11:07:27 PM
Originally posted by Vega Van Derveld
I am the worst imitator ever!

How true..........:D

Dae Jinn
Jul 4th, 2003, 11:20:34 PM
Originally posted by Silus Xilarian
Its like the government trying to tell us there's a such thing as canada...

:cry I feel so unloved!

Kraken -- not very funny. Try again! :p

Jinn Fizz
Jul 5th, 2003, 08:18:26 AM
:cry I wish I hadn't just finished eating breakfast when I read this story. :cry

I hope they find the idiots who did this and prosecute them to the fullest extent.

:cry :cry :cry

Puppies tossed from car on I-81
Pups' mother was also thrown. Two of the six dogs are dead; others rescued.

July 05, 2003

By Sterling A. Gray Jr.
Staff Writer

Five puppies and their mother were thrown out of a moving car on Interstate 81, sending two other motorists scrambling onto the busy highway in an effort to save their lives.

Two of the puppies died, and their mother was severely injured.

Someone in an older model blue Chevrolet or Buick sedan threw a garbage bag containing five American Eskimo puppies out of their passenger window near the Seventh North Street exit in Salina about 7 p.m. Thursday, troopers said. Someone on the driver’s side threw out the mother of the puppies quickly after that.

The bag containing the puppies broke open on the windshield of a nearby car. Three white puppies spilled out onto that vehicle and into the roadway as the two vehicles traveled north on I-81, troopers said.

“At first I thought it was a baby,” said the woman driving the nearby car, who would not give her name for fear of reprisal from the people who discarded the dogs. “All I could see was a pink and white body. I pulled over and saw they were pups ... One puppy was yelping and cry ing.” A pickup truck the woman described as a blue Dodge Ram, which was traveling behind her, ran over the adult female dog.

The man in the pickup stopped his vehicle near the woman’s stopped car. He ran out into the heavy traffic on the roadway and picked up the mother dog, which was badly injured, as well as two puppies that were killed and two of the surviving puppies, the woman told troopers. The man told her that he was going to get medical attention for the dogs and left, she said.

Police do not know who the man is.

One puppy landed on the side of the interstate, the woman said.

She took the dog home and called police.

“I can’t believe someone could do something like that,” the woman said Friday.

The suspects could face felony cruelty to animals charges, said State Police Sgt. Nick Harmatiuk of the North Syracuse barracks.

Troopers are asking for help finding them.

“This is a senseless and barbaric act,” Harmatiuk said. “That’s the best way I can say it.”

The woman also said that if the suspects are caught, both she and the puppy she rescued will be in the courtroom.

“I will tell you if they get these people, and I guarantee they will, I will sit in that courtroom with the puppy and show them what they did to that poor puppy and his mother,” the woman said. “What did that puppy do to them?”

Troopers are also looking for the man who took the other four puppies and their mother from the scene. They want to know about their condition and if that man is able to describe the suspected vehicle.

The incident didn’t cause any other accidents, Harmatiuk said.

The woman and her 3-year old son, who was in the front seat of her Plymouth Breeze when the accident happened, were not hurt.

“I’m very lucky no one hit me,” the woman said. “I’m surprised that (the bag) didn’t break the windshield.”

The male puppy she took home had some scrapes, but is all right, the woman said. She said she thinks she’ll keep the puppy and call him “Lucky.”

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jul 5th, 2003, 06:51:07 PM
they just get worse.....ebil ebil ppl out there I swear, anyone would have adopted those puppies and the mother if given a chance but no ppl have to do this....:mad

Dae Jinn
Jul 5th, 2003, 07:07:19 PM
Sick sick bastards. :(

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 5th, 2003, 07:31:42 PM
:cry That is so horrible. Beyond words. Not to mention the danger that person put all the other motorists into by tossing them into traffic. >_<

Jinn Fizz
Jul 8th, 2003, 09:38:02 PM
I am extremely happy to report that the previous story about the puppies and mother dog being tossed out of a car on a freeway was a hoax! Why this woman made up this story, heaven only knows, but it's so nice to know that it wasn't true! :crack

Woman makes up story about tossed puppies
Associated Press
Jul. 8, 2003 01:57 PM

SYRACUSE, N.Y. - A 35-year-old woman who told state police that someone threw five puppies and their mother out of a car on an interstate highway admitted Tuesday that she made up the whole story.

"The whole thing was a fabrication," State Police Senior Investigator Norman Ashbarry said. "She actually got the puppy in Syracuse last Thursday evening, and as she was driving home, for no reason, called the state police and made up the story."

Tracy L. Lloyd, of North Syracuse, was charged with falsely reporting an incident and released. She is scheduled to appear in Salina Town Court on July 17.

Ashbarry said troopers were concerned because Lloyd "was the only one who gave us the story."

"We didn't have any corroboration," Ashbarry said.

According to the initial report, a garbage bag containing the puppies was thrown out the passenger-side window on Interstate 81 while the mother went out the opposite window. The report said the bag broke open on the windshield of a nearby car, spilling three white puppies onto the roadway, and a pickup truck ran over the adult dog.

Two motorists behind the car scrambled onto the busy highway to save four of the six dogs, according to the report. State Police were looking for the car's five occupants.

Ashbarry said the person who sold Lloyd the puppy saw a television report on Monday night, recognized Lloyd's voice and silhouette, and called state police. He said Lloyd expressed remorse that she had done it.

As for the American Eskimo puppy, it's alive and well and headed back to its original home.

"It's here right now," Ashbarry said. "And you couldn't ask for a cuter one."

Dae Jinn
Jul 8th, 2003, 09:40:38 PM
Thank god. :)

Why she would do that is beyond me. Maybe not enough attention at home :\

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jul 8th, 2003, 09:42:09 PM
good that it was false....*is happy the puppy is safe*:)

Darth Viscera
Jul 9th, 2003, 12:21:17 PM
Well, I'm glad that the SOB in the first article chose a dog rather than a 3-year old or something.

AmazonBabe
Jul 9th, 2003, 06:19:07 PM
Gawd! What is the MATTER with these people?!

It never ceases to amaze me the stupidity and cruelty humans can inflict. :mad

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 9th, 2003, 09:23:49 PM
Perhaps they do what they do because they feel like it makes them powerful. Maybe they think that doing such awful things will make people respect them. I know it sounds like I'm making excuses for these guys, but I'm not. They just want to be treated like they are somebody. It's perfectly human to want respect from your neighbors. These guys needed a helping hand. Someone to show them a different way about doing things.