PDA

View Full Version : Laying fears to rest (Kat Kariena, open)

Shrin Safserim
Jun 5th, 2003, 07:08:36 PM
Shrin steps into the Recruitment Center. Someday he will come in here to apply as a Jedi Padawan, but today, he is here for another reason entirely. Kat Kariena, the woman he met just recently in the Bar and Grill, is returning to the Order after a long absence. She seems reluctant...something about they won't forgive her. He's definitely going to put that fear away once and for all.

"Well...anything changed since you were here last?"

Kat Kariena
Jun 5th, 2003, 07:36:42 PM
"Not much," Kat replied looking around again. She took a deep breath before letting it out again a momment later. She never thought she'd see herself back here again. She closed her eyes and could remember once greeting several padawans here... some of which had advanced quickly, others who didn't.

Opening her eyes again she cast a warry glance at Shrin, "I'm not sure I should be here... I doubt there would be anyone on the current council who would even remember me."

You doubt there is anyone here to remember you, Kat. She thought to herself and shook her head. That may not be such a bad thing.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 7th, 2003, 03:44:22 AM
“Good day,”

A voice address the two. A regal figure in robes, having the appearance of someone important smiled at them both, nodding in greeting. His violet eyes moved between the two, lingering on the woman curiously for a moment.

“I am Jedi Knight Dasquian Belargic. Can I help you two with something?”

Kat Kariena
Jun 7th, 2003, 09:10:13 AM
"Told you so," Kat muttered under her breath, more to herself than to anyone else. She sighed and took a deep breath and studdied the Jedi infront of her before she spoke again.

"My name is Kat Kariena. I used to be a Knight of your order. I request to return," she replied, shielding the doubt in her mind that this would get her anywhere. She didn't reconise this Jedi, and that made her even more doubtful to herself.

Would there be anyone around who knew her to back up what she was saying?

Instead of leaving these doubts and concerns open to the Jedi before her she mearly locked them away, having an air of confidance that she really was a Jedi and honestly wanted to return.

Shrin Safserim
Jun 7th, 2003, 02:53:19 PM
Shrin places a thoughtful hand on his chin as he watches the two. It would seem that she doesn't recognize this man. Maybe he remembers her.

"Do you remember her, sir?"

Kat Kariena
Jun 7th, 2003, 06:05:49 PM
If he does I'll be surprised, Kat thought to Shrin's question, keeping silent. I dissapeared before he came... atleast I'm pretty sure I did.

Kat kept silent through out her thoughts and her strong mental blocks up. She mearly watched the Jedi Knight waiting for his answer.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 8th, 2003, 07:33:11 AM
“Kat Kariena…”

Dasquian’s mind puzzled over the name for a moment.

“I do recall the name, but not the face. That said I have done a fair deal of reading into the former members of the Order, and this alone will be where my knowledge comes from…”

Folding his arms behind his back, the Knight continued on.

“You wish to return, Miss Kariena… why did you leave us? And more importantly, why now have you chosen to return?”

Kat Kariena
Jun 8th, 2003, 11:05:03 AM
"Why I left is unimportant, what happened while I was gone handled itself and repaired the damage done," Kat replied addressing the first question.

"Why I've chosen to return is the same reason I first learned the ways of the Jedi. I see a need among people, other beings, and I want to help fulfill that need... I want to return to the life of service I had with the Jedi."

Weak, your answers sounded weak, she thought in her head. To my ears alone... maybe to the Jedi's they'll sound strong enough.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 8th, 2003, 11:22:17 AM
Nodding, Dasquian opened his mind somewhat. He could not sense anything that would suggest Kat was not telling the truth, so continued.

“Do you wish to be retrained at all? … For that matter who is your former Master?”

Kat Kariena
Jun 8th, 2003, 07:29:20 PM
"If retraining is what must happen for me to return then so be it," Kat replied then winced at the question of her former Master. She held no great respect for the man after what he had pulled in the past.

"My former Master was a man who went by Jedi Stone. You will nolonger find him among your ranks. He left the Jedi for the Sith just before I became a Knight. He was rejected by both sides, I've not heard of him in years."

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 9th, 2003, 12:10:46 PM
“I see. Is there anyone you would like to request to takeover the role of being your Master, or would you rather the Council assigned a tutor to you?”

Kat Kariena
Jun 9th, 2003, 12:34:15 PM
"How can I request someone when I don't know anyone anymore?" Kat asked in response. She watched the Jedi, she knew returning would be a challenge, her doubts seemed to be reality.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 10th, 2003, 11:24:46 AM
“Understood,”

Dasquian canted his head in a slight nod, sighed quietly, then continued.

“Very well, then. I think it would be wise if you were to speak to the Council as a whole soon…. Welcome back.”

Kat Kariena
Jun 10th, 2003, 04:16:44 PM
Kat smiled slightly and bowed respectfully to Belargic, "Thank you, Master Belargic. Please let me know when I will meet before the council."

Shrin Safserim
Jun 12th, 2003, 10:40:26 PM
Shrin is smiling at the side, doing his best to prevent grinning from ear to ear. His whole expression reads like "There, that wasn't so bad now was it?"...its a wonder he hasn't said it out loud yet.

Kat Kariena
Jun 13th, 2003, 10:37:14 AM
Kat turned to Shrin, an wry smile on her face and mischif sparking in her eyes. "You win... you were right," she told him. Though the fact that they know me not helps I think... she thought.