PDA

View Full Version : Basic Training: Body Enhancement

Southstar
Jun 5th, 2003, 12:24:25 AM
Southstar sat on a rock in the training grounds meditating. His mind was focused on how he going to complete the task of teaching the basics to the new members. His job was to show them how to use the Force to amplify their bodies and hopefully Odin Murk would pick up on teaching basic combat lessons.

Southstar had left the message at the front gates after he had seen that new faces were arriving but the masters were busy the way it was and wouldn't be able to take on another apprentice. Hopefully the fresh meat got the message and would arrive shortly.

DarKnight
Jun 5th, 2003, 01:59:47 AM
-He walks across the courtyard. Having found saftey in the high walls, the tall figure has since shed his long black robes for a dark crimson suit; The jacket, of course, not ending at the waist but running right down to his sturdy yet stylish boots bound by broad silver clasps. The leather straps and silver buckles cuffs bind his rolledsleeves neatly to the tops of his arms. Now behind secure walls, he choose not to bear his platemail today; A simple black shirt holds tight to the well defined musculature of his chest, its sleeves also bound back showing the well toned arms of a soldier ended in the black leather gloves of a proffesional. However, despite the new found saftey, the newcomer still has his sword at his back and pistols holstered to his thighs; Not so much a precaution, more out of years of finely tuning his paranoia fuelled habits.-

"I am Covenant.
Fresh meat reporting as instructed Sir Knight."

-He cracks his neck to one side before repeating to the other whilst extending a hand to rub the back of his neck. Signs of a troubled night of sleep; Camped outside under a tree overnight was uncomfortable to say the least but really it was his troubled thoughts that toiled him so. Despite the rough night it was clear to see that Covenant made an effort to present himself, his hair now cut in short spikes for the training to come and not a single red blotch in his emerald eyes to be seen nor a single imperfection on his slim, elf-like face. Covenant's years of working with royalty and nobility had assured him a refined sense of dress and general presence and hopefully the previous expierience would help him pull off a good first impression.-

[OOC: You posted two pretty similar threads for n00b's so I replied to both hoping that I'll cut it down to one after I work out which one it is that you want us to be posting at.]

Gino_A_Sith_Lord0001
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:15:50 AM
*Gino walks onto the training grounds and walks over to the others* You called, I came so what's the first thing on the agenda?

Southstar
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:25:47 AM
Southstar opened his eyes to see Covenant standing and waiting. He recognized the man from a previous encounter but didn't really know him.

"Glad you could make it. Just sit down and wait in case any others care to join us. Hopefully it won't be too long." He said and paused for a moment, "If you have any questions feel free to ask, I'll try to answer them the best I can."

OOC: Just reply to these basic training threads. Thanks.

Gino_A_Sith_Lord0001
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:29:17 AM
*Ginos sits down in Indian style and looks at his teacher and his fellow student* so what are we going to learn today? If you don't mind my asking

Southstar
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:30:45 AM
Southstar turned to see Gino there as well.

You called, I came so what's the first thing on the agenda

"The first thing on the agenda is to wait until perhaps one more arrives. Preferable soon."

Gino_A_Sith_Lord0001
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:32:53 AM
*Gino kept his eyes on the ground* I'm sorry for my message I didn't mean any rudeness by it.

DarKnight
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:35:48 AM
-The red-clad warrior folds his arms before tilting his head to one side and lifting a hand to his chin as he lets slip his questions.-

"So, Sir Knight, by what name do you wish us to call you? And exactly whats is it you do here?"

-The open question was not really based on Covenants curiosity for Southstars work specifically, but more like a chance to get to know this particular Sith.-

Gino_A_Sith_Lord0001
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:39:06 AM
*Gino kept his eyes on Soutstar and DarKnight (sp?) to see what would happen. Gino was curious as well what to call his teacher either master or by name*

Southstar
Jun 5th, 2003, 11:16:05 AM
Southstar adjusted his body position to something more comfortable. "Southstar will do. And for you information I'm not a Knight nor Master.. yet, just another apprentice helping the masters out." Southstar watched the two's body movements and minds through the Force looking for their respect for him to drop...
"I do what I need to do in order to become more powerful in the Force. Which is what you will be doing as apprentices in the Order. Oftentimes training missions are offered, Ive just finished my second. I'd suggest you complete them if you wish to advance through the ranks." Southstar said hoping to give them the beginnings of an idea of what an apprentice is expected to do.

Gino_A_Sith_Lord0001
Jun 5th, 2003, 11:19:13 AM
*Gino nodded and made a mental note of that* So we are here to learn how to control the force around us today... am I correct Southstar?

DarKnight
Jun 5th, 2003, 11:22:30 AM
-Covenants curiosity widens at his teachers words.-
"SUGGEST? Are you saying that there's another way?"

Gino_A_Sith_Lord0001
Jun 5th, 2003, 11:25:35 AM
*Gino kept his eyes on everyone around him and he kept his breathing to a even pace and hoped that one day he could master the force*

DarKnight
Jun 5th, 2003, 12:11:26 PM
-Covenant turns to face the citadel-like Sith compound and raises his coned hands to his mouth in an effort to applify the sound.-

"Can anyone else volunteer to step into the frey and begin trainning us beginners?."

-Southstar returns prooving his theory wrong so Covenant shuts up.-

Southstar
Jun 5th, 2003, 12:32:39 PM
"There is another way to advance, you can be taken on by a master and trained in the old fashioned way." He said in response to Covenant. Then he turned to Gino, "The purpose of this exercise is to learn how to use the Force to amplify your muscles."

DarKnight
Jun 5th, 2003, 01:41:11 PM
-A slight look of dismay crosses his face.-
"Yeah, um about that.....I kinda....well....I need to explain a little......Okay, its a long story but basically I already know alot about using the force to increase strength, speed and endurance. Its everything else that I have a problem with."

Gino_A_Sith_Lord0001
Jun 5th, 2003, 03:51:28 PM
*Gino looks at Covenant* I'm new to the entire Force thing but I can sometimes feel something like when someone is lying to me but beyond that I'm kinda new.

Southstar
Jun 5th, 2003, 08:01:33 PM
Southstar turned to Covenant, "Well if you know all of this then why are you here?" Now he turned to Gino, "Well, I've had enough of this waiting game. Let's get started."

"The Force can be used for a variety of things, but what will be focused on is using it to make your body more efficient." Southstar face the boulder he was sitting on. Opening himself to the Force he fed it to his memories of betrayal and anger and in turn Southstar became powerful.

"Use the Force to strengthen the muscles in your body. I can't give you a detailed map of how to do it, but you'll know once you try." Southstar finished speaking and removed the large rock from the ground and held it above his head. He walked with it a few steps and threw it a couple yards away.

"Give it a try, Gino. It will be hard, make no mistake at that... Your welcome to give it your best shot as well, Covenant."

DarKnight
Jun 6th, 2003, 02:45:29 AM
*Covenant nods in compliance to Southstars invitation.*

-In preperation for the task at hand, his eyes melt over to pitch black save the firey red pupils in the centre showing clearly his focus on the boulder. He begins to glow with a very slight red aura, with the occasional odd black streak. Covenant's unnatural body begins to build in strength, but he simpley stands there as he concentates on his power. He turns his head to Gino giving him a nod and lifting a hand to suggest that he go first, for Covenant has learned over the years to adhere to etiquette as completeley neccicary.-

"After you."

Warlock
Jun 6th, 2003, 10:22:36 AM
The Warlock approached silently and stopped a short distance away from the small group. Looking to the one known as Southstar, he furrowed his brow slightly, and wondered if it was too late to become a part of the small class.

Gino_A_Sith_Lord0001
Jun 6th, 2003, 10:28:11 AM
*Gino sighed and opened himself up to the force by making images of all the people who hurt him and he strains a bit but picks the rock up four inches off the ground* I'm sorry I'm so weak Southstar I'll do better the next time. *Gino looks at Covenant and feels Warlock* well at least my mental force powers are growing...a little

DarKnight
Jun 6th, 2003, 12:54:35 PM
-Covenant takes his turn on the boulder exercise. Approaching the large rock, he concentrates harder turning his thoughts to bygone battle fields in his past, remebering his brothers and sisiters in arms falling all around him. Getting a good grip of the massive stone, he forces all his mind into lifting it, he thinks hard about the pain, the anger, pretending to lift the boulder to free a pinned fellow soldier. With great strain he lift's it steadily into the air, first to knee height before, in a mental scream, lifting clear of his head for a few seconds before dropping it and stumbling backwards and almost falling over. He let's go of his memmories for a little while, allowing his concentration to turn to the others. He glances around at those standing around, taking a brief momment to allow his blacked eyes and red aura to melt back to normal before speaking.-

*Gesturing to another.*
"Next?"

Southstar
Jun 9th, 2003, 11:10:35 AM
"Good Covenant... Gino, perhaps this is too tough of an exercise for you at this moment. I'd suggest you try again with a rock you think is at your level." Southstar turned around to Warlock and spoke, "I don't suppose you would like to join in?"

Warlock
Jun 10th, 2003, 11:43:06 AM
Nodding faintly, he questioned

“What exactly are we studying and how might I accomplish it?”

Southstar
Jun 11th, 2003, 11:04:21 AM
"What we are studying is how to use the Force to enhance your body's strength, endurance and speed." Southstar turned to see if Gino had begun to select a rock. "As soon as Gino proves to me he isn't a weakling we will move on to our next exercise. You can join in then Warlock."

Warlock
Jun 16th, 2003, 05:26:02 AM
He nodded and folded his arms behind his back, awaiting further instruction from Southstar.

Southstar
Jun 18th, 2003, 12:15:52 PM
"Well, I've run out of patience. Let's move on to speed training..." Southstar said ".. Now that we have gotten used to using the Force to amplify our bodies we shall use it to amplify in a way different than strength. When in combat speed can be as valuable as strength."

Southstar filled his body with the Force and his hate and took off in a full sprint across the training grounds. "Give it a try." He called to the other padawans.

Je'gan Olra'en
Jul 5th, 2003, 11:20:01 AM
Force Speed, OK, I can learn this... Walk in the park...

Je'gan hesitantly took off at a full run, pumping his legs madly as he tried for more speed. As soon as he'd reached what previous runs had told him was the fastest he could go, he opened himself to the Force the way he'd practiced. For a moment nothing happened, then finally his memories floated to the top of his mental priority list and he knew how to do it. He didn't have any great hatreds or painful memories in his life, and unfortunately those were the key to the Dark Side.

One thing he did have, however, as was ambition. In spades. And so throwing his thirst for power and significance into the mix, he blurred across the courtyard and took a huge leap. He hit the wall hard, feet-first, and used the excess speed to run up it as he'd done at home. He'd perfected the 'skill' of flipping off walls only a year before, and was used to getting about five feet up before being forced to jump off. He was momentarily surprised when he managed well over ten feet before he had to backflip off, landing safely on the ground.

A smile crept past his stony demeanor. He'd actually done something with the Force.

Southstar
Jul 8th, 2003, 10:07:16 PM
Je'gan flew past Southstar on his left side and he almost felt a breeze. "This guy has the right idea." After Je'gan finished showing off Southstar approached him, "How do you feel? Your body must be aching, your lungs gasping for air..."

Je'gan Olra'en
Jul 9th, 2003, 07:39:48 AM
"Master Southstar," Je'gan said firmly, "I'm a runner and a martial artist. That felt the same as a fight to the death, a particularly absorbing kata, or a three-mile run. A little condensed, certainly, but no more than those as far as exhaustion goes. So yes, I am tired, but I'm certainly not aching all over and gasping for air."

Southstar
Jul 10th, 2003, 11:39:35 AM
"Interesting." Southstar noted that this man was trained very well. Or at least well enough to last through the Force working his body unlike it ever had been worked before.
"If you don't mind, could you give me a brief overview of your previous training?"

Je'gan Olra'en
Jul 10th, 2003, 03:41:11 PM
"Training in what way, master?" Je'gan looked up at the sky thoughtfully tapping his chin. "I've spent the better part of a decade studying Teras Kasi, I hold a blue belt now. Same level of experience goes for fencing. I've researched the Force for years, and I've learned how to feel it and embrace it, but I decided that to learn to perform feats with it, I didn't want to mistrain myself, so I came here."

Southstar
Jul 15th, 2003, 12:09:47 PM
Southstar paused, "Why pick the Sith over the Jedi?"

Je'gan Olra'en
Jul 15th, 2003, 12:30:16 PM
"Because people seem to get in my way more and more as I gain in skill. The Jedi are nonagressive; I don't really think that I could stand by for the rest of my life and do nothing preemptively."