PDA

View Full Version : Fanatical [open]

Hayes Muirso
Jun 3rd, 2003, 06:05:01 AM
Gold dust. It was like gold dust, pressed down into paper then sold off at a chit a piece. Hayes had been watching the little animated hologram on the ticket he held in his hand now for about ten minutes. It showed a picture of Hilor ‘Figgs’ Figgsen, which when moved appeared to be singing. He still couldn’t believe he had two tickets to the Jump Lanes Coruscant gig.

Somehow no one else was in a frenzy about it. He’d tacked a ‘Hyperspaze and the Jump Lanes’ poster up on the notice board in the bar and grill, had pinned on his little Jump Lanes band button and was at this very moment bopping his head along to the sounds of ‘Another Round Of Bitter’.

Somehow, he reasoned, there had to be another fan here.

Kueller
Jun 8th, 2003, 10:18:10 AM
Kueller sat at a table near the man sipping his Abergadoo-Raenian ale, trying to look inconspicuous. The man had only just entered the bar and it was Kueller's self-appointed job to make sure the man didn't start any trouble. He seemed usual enough but Kueller was slightly uneasy around him. He was listening to some music of some kind.

Daanarri Raurrssaatta
Jun 8th, 2003, 05:32:34 PM
"Whatcha ljissstenjing to?" Daani helped herself to a seat next to a forrrda wearing earphones. The ten year olf Cizerack female canted her head to the side and swished her tail a bit. The forrrda was ignoring her.

"jI sssajid, what arrre jyou ljissstenjing to?!" Daani pulled on his sleeve as she shouted at him.

Hayes Muirso
Jun 9th, 2003, 10:15:51 AM
The moment he pulled away the broad headphones from his head a hiss of noise could be heard – the sound of guitars, drums and cool vocals, with a jamming keyboard thrown into the mix. Hayes looked down at the little girl and smiled a vague confusion present in his expression.

“Uhh…”

On his shirt he wore the little badge with ‘Jump Lanes’ written on it, which he tapped with his index finger.

Abagael Zellan
Jun 9th, 2003, 11:18:10 AM
“Huh…”

Abagael Zellan stared with a slight grin on her face at the poster. When she’d first started listening to the band, during law school, Abby’d developed a huge crush on Sanderson. Her friends had thought she was crazy, but the young woman, infatuated with the musician, hadn’t paid any attention. There had been a time when she would have gladly stayed out al night in the hopes of catching a glimpse or—heaven help her—a touch of one of the band. But it had been some time since those days, and though she was still a big fan, Abby hadn’t had a free night in years.

“Those were the days.”

Moving to a table behind Hayes, who she hadn’t noticed, Abagael cast a look at the menu, singing softly to herself.

“Johnny’s in Corellia, low tech’s at the, wheel…No-one needs anyone they don’t even, just pretend…”

Kueller
Jun 9th, 2003, 11:46:45 AM
Before Kueller could go over there and ask him what he was listening to someone beat him to it. For the moment he would just sit there, wait for somebody else to come in.

Majo Sabre
Jun 9th, 2003, 12:26:31 PM
Jump Lanes! Jump Lanes!

Majo's head was swimming, her Muses, her insparation to sing and become great, THE JUMP LANES where here, on Coruscant, gonna play a concert.

Unfortunately for Majo, she couldn't get any tickets, so she had come to this bar to mope, only to get one more reminder of her failure to get tickets via a poster someone had put up.

Sighing, Majo flops down at an empty table and begins to sing 'Rebels Killed the Deathstar' under her breath.

Daanarri Raurrssaatta
Jun 10th, 2003, 02:19:39 AM
Daani cocked her head to the side, and stared at the button.

Then she stared at the forrrda. She had learned Basic fairly well, and her reading comprehension was pretty good for her class...but Jump Lanesss? "jDoesss jit have sssomethjing to do wjith trrrade jin the hjyperrrssspace lanesss?"

DarKnight
Jun 10th, 2003, 03:14:23 AM
"No, no, no..."

-Spoke the hugely tall man. His smooth voice of an alien accent spoke with a slight grin, inadvertantly flashing his fangs. His jewel-green eyes flashed at the young child as he helped himself to a seat beside them.-

"You see the, as you would call "forrrrda, is listening to the apparently great "Jump lanes", a rather famous group, or so I hear."

-He leans closer to the young lady and uses a hand to direct the sound at her, and in a comic tone shares with her the mock whisper.-

"Although I have to agree. They do sound like a gang of hijackers don't they."

-He spoke with a warm smile of but his welcoming eyes assisted well, their emerald glow not quite visible in this light.-

Daanarri Raurrssaatta
Jun 10th, 2003, 03:37:49 AM
Daani's mouth made a little O. "Ssspace pjirrratesss!" She turned back to Hayes. "Arrre thejy rrrovjing, sjingjing marrrauderrrsss?"

AC/DC
Jun 10th, 2003, 04:20:18 AM
In the corner of the bar and grill, there was a 5 piece band settign up. Their equipment was not much, but the there were a few speaker amps and lights, plus smoke machines. The roadies were just finishing the basic sound check as the band memebers came on stage.

"Hey man, you think we shoulda read the contract for this palce?"

"Nah...."

"That guy looks liek a creep in that cloak a his. damn, he had that bad <smallfont color=#98271E>-Censored-</smallfont> sword too. Who was he again...?"

"Called himself Strider or soemthign. Now shut up man, how long have we been waiting to play somewhere?"

"Dude, this is a freaking bar fer kabssake. Wot issa bar gonna be if we gonna play rocks that roll?"

"Long way to the top iffa wanna rock with da rolls. Now shaddup and get ready to play"

The band members took up their instruments - then they were joined by a largish man in a cap that came down across his eyes. He looked about before speakign "SA YOUJIMMIYERREADYTO RAWKSWITHROLLS?!?!"

"WTF did Brian just say?" asked the drummer.

"Dunno man. Lets just get ready. Angus ... ANGUS!! Stop scrificing that goat! We're on!"

The short man looked up, with fresh blood on his lips. "Just be a moment, aint finihsed drinking the blood to give me special powers!

"Gawds, why did ya let your little bro in for?"

"Cause he can play and we cant?"

.... good point"

The band picked up their instruments, the drummer, bass player, rythym and lead electric twanger regarding the insane front men, the singer (The aforementioned man who could hardly say a word of basic) and the goat scrificer. That one was in the uniform of Coruscant Grammar, the most exclsive private school for young Bothans. He wasn't a Bothan and he wasn't a school kid... but.... well, it made sense to him anyway. Which was all that counted.

"AYEYOUREADITORAAAAAAAAK?"

"Oh god, not again" said the bass player. "I'm never goign to live this down to mum"

"HOWYADOINGTONIGHT??" screamed the singer into the mike, that exploded with feedback. Another mike was procured and the singer tried again "WEARETHEBANDOFELECTRICALCURRENTANDWEREAREGONANRAWK YOURBALLS!!!! THUNDERSTUCKWITHOURPOWER!!! YEEEEEEAAAAAHHH!!!!"

No one of course understood a word of this. Most people were wincing fromt he feedback.

""RIGHTONETWOTHREEFUOR!!!"

"WTF is he doing?"

"I think that means start playing!"

The lead electrical twanger struck up a group of chords. The chords formed a beat. He repeated them, hopefully in time. The drummer began to beat out a tattoo in time with the twanger. The singer looked around, pleased cause he knew the words to this one.

And by some miricle began to sing, if that's what you called his impassionate yelping. actually, he had a pretty good voice, even if it sounded like he gargled with razor blades

Living easy, living free
Season ticket on a one-way ride
Asking nothing, leave me be
Taking everything in my stride
Don't need reason, don't need rhyme
Ain't nothing I would rather do
Going down, party time
My friends are gonna kill Jedi too....

The rest of the band joinned into the chorus, the drummer switching the beat and the school uniform clad goat blood drinker had another elctrical twanger, on which he began to produce tortured, screaming notes that no self respecting player should be capable of producing. But he could and somehow, it fit into the rawkous noise.

I'm Sith Lord from Hell
I'm Sith Lord from Hell
I'm Sith Lord from Hell
I'm Sith Lord from Hell

Oh thank gawds... we got though that thought toe lead twanger man

But there was no time to think, the singer was already screaming into the second verse

No rebel scum, Jedi Padawans
Nobody's gonna slow me down
Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Nobody's gonna mess me round
Hey Vader, payed my dues
Killing all the Jedi's now
Hey Momma, look at me
I'm on my way to the promised land

The bassist started to get nervous. Hey, what was this <smallfont color=#98271E>-Censored-</smallfont>? Singing about killing and they were in the famed Jedi bar? He began to sweat, even as the amps glowed red hot. ThGoat boy was now beginnign to dance about the stage, playign the twanger behind his back

I'm Sith Lord from Hell
I'm Sith Lord from Hell
I'm Sith Lord from Hell
I'm Sith Lord from Hell

DONT STOP MEEEEEEE!!!!

With that gutteral scream ,the goat boy was unleased. He began to almost make the twanger talk, producing tones and chords that would probably never be reproduced. He jumped and leapt around, kicking an amp that exploded. The rest of the band deseperately tried to keep up with the frenzied playing.

Goat boy didnt care. He was now worshipping the gods of rawknrolls. His instrument danced fire as his fingers flew across the fret board.

Eventually the singer thought he should join back in.

I'm Sith Lord from Hell
I'm Sith Lord from Hell
I'm Sith Lord from Hell
I'm Sith Lord from Hell

Goat boy got on his knees, the instrument almost screaming for mercy as the notes were blasted out of it

I'm Sith Lord from Hell
I'm Sith Lord from Hell
I'm Sith Lord from Hell
I'm Sith Lord from Hell

The song began to wind down. Goat boy began to play the twanger with his tongue.

And I'm going down, all the way down
I'm Sith Lord frooooom heeeeeeeeelll!

The song ended in a frenzy of notes and gutteral screams, the drums crashing once more and one last chord, Goat boy's twanger exploded.

"YYEEEAAAAH!!!RAWK!!!"

"hey, that went pretty well" said the bassist, ducking twanger debris. "Think they liked us?"

Daanarri Raurrssaatta
Jun 10th, 2003, 04:24:52 AM
The little girl winced and clapped her hands over her sensitive ears throughout the duration of the 'music.' If that was what it could be called.

Hayes Muirso
Jun 10th, 2003, 10:12:10 AM
Tugging his headphones back up as the racket started in the bar, Hayes cringed. A nice slow track – Tucked In – had just come on, and he took the moment of crazed foot stamping to the music to slip out into the warm day outside, singing along unknowingly loudly to his music as he exited.

Abagael Zellan
Jun 10th, 2003, 10:22:02 AM
She’d had just about as much as she could take. The voice was grating on her ears and Abagael realized that her meal would taste absolutely awful because of her discomfort. And so she tactfully left, winding her way around the serving droid that had finally managed to make it’s way to her table, and out the door where she was nearly blinded by the sun. But it was not the sun that caught the woman’s attention. It was someone singing, loudly and a bit off key, to a song she well knew.

“This is crazy…”

Whether it was crazy or not Abby’d already run up to Hayes and tapped him on the shoulder. The song had sentimental, nostalgic importance to her, and the fact that someone just happened to be singing it today, the day after she’d officially become a Jedi Padawan, seemed too eerie to be anything else but fate.

“Sorry to disturb you but…”

Abagael grinned giddily.

“Tucked In, right?”

Hayes Muirso
Jun 10th, 2003, 10:32:08 AM
“I was so aaaalooone until you-…!”

The powerful emotion in Hayes face drained into a nervous smile, as he cautiously slid back his headphones – the sounds of the Jump Lanes melodic slow-dance tune slipping out into the air.

“… Uh, yup. That’s the one,”

Glancing around he noticed a few people laughing quietly, no doubt at him.

“Guess I got a bit carried away?”

Abagael Zellan
Jun 10th, 2003, 10:37:37 AM
“Jump Lanes do that to everyone I think.”

Abby smiled dreamily as she delved into memory of the band, her first ever concert playing back through her head.

“They’re wild…”

She grinned self-consciously and then bit her lip, placing a hand on Hayes arm apologetically.

I didn’t mean to disturb you…I just….”

She bobbed her head excitedly and then shrugged. It was obvious that she was love with the music.

“Well it’s the Jump Lanes, I just had to. It’s not often you find someone singin’ their songs in the middle of the pedwalk.”

Hayes Muirso
Jun 10th, 2003, 10:51:18 AM
His head swayed from side to side as Jenny Taylor’s only vocal solo waltzed its way in, and he smiled to himself, nodding to the woman’s words.

“Yeah... not often you find someone singing their stuff anywhere. All the fans are buzzing lately though, with the Coruscant gig coming up,” Hayes grinned.

Abagael Zellan
Jun 10th, 2003, 11:54:38 AM
"God, I know! I've been so busy with work that I didn't make the cut. Sold out, and no ammount of my credits were gonna change that."

Abagael chuckled and shook her head. She'd spent nearly an hour trying to persuade the ticket vendor that there had to be something available...And she'd kept raising her offer until it had become ridiculously high. But nothing had been procurred.

"Last time I went to one of their concerts I was...well I was much younger than I am now...It must have been,"

She furrowed her brow in thought, trying to remember.

"Frell, almost seven years now. Man am I ever old!"

Hayes Muirso
Jun 11th, 2003, 11:43:37 AM
“I have a pair of tickets to the gig… selling one for a modest price of 600 creds, though since you’re a fan I’ll give you it for 500,” he laughed, turning off his music at the switch.

Abagael Zellan
Jun 11th, 2003, 11:53:38 AM
Her face went from surprise to pure and unrestrained joy in an instant.

"Are you serious?"

Abagael looked at Hayes with awe and then shook her head, clearing the cobwebs.

"I mean, yeah, of course I'd love to take it off your hands...Uh, I need a bank, I need to get the creds but..."

She grinned as if she didn't quite believe it and then covered her mouth. Extending a hand, Abby introduced herself.

"Sorry, I'm Abagael Zellan...You?"

Hayes Muirso
Jun 11th, 2003, 12:33:14 PM
“Hayes Muirso,”

Returning the handshake firmly, he nodded lightly.

“I’m in uh… room 215 in the LQ if you want to come by and pick those tickets up when you have the cash, by the way.”

Abagael Zellan
Jun 11th, 2003, 12:39:21 PM
"Couple halls over from me, no problem."

She nodded to herself, making a mental note of it. Her excitement was growing considerably--it had been too long since she'd been to a concert and the fact that it was Jump Lanes made it all the sweeter.

"It's great meeting you Hayes. I can't thank you enough for this, I owe you. If you ever need a divorce, or want to sue someone, come see me, free of charge."

Abagael laughed softly and then shrugged.

"So I guess that's it then. Uh, I'm actually going to go get those creds before I forget, ok?"

As she walked on, Abagael suddenly turned back around.

"Hey! I'll be seeing you there...right?"

Hayes Muirso
Jun 11th, 2003, 12:43:06 PM
Laughing at her joke – was it a joke? – about suing people, Hayes half pulled up his headphones as he nodded.

“Right. Nine rows from the front,” he replied with a grin.

Abagael Zellan
Jun 11th, 2003, 12:47:41 PM
"Great! I'll stop by early evening with the money!"

Abby waved and then dissapeared into the crowds, singing lowly to herself.

"I was so aaaalooone until you…”