PDA

View Full Version : The First Few Steps (closed)

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 2nd, 2003, 02:36:27 PM
Fresh from the recruitment center, Dasquian and one of the newest Jedi Padawans to be admitted to the Order entered the living quarters. The Jedi Knight walked with the young boy at his side. His hands folded behind his back, he smiled to one of the reception staff as the two Jedi – for the boy was now able to wear the title – walked by, on towards the great corridors that lead into the domiciles of the Jedi.

Dasquian stopped at the mouth of the largest length of walkway and looked down.

“So... what would you like to do first? Find a room or get yourself kitted out with some Jedi garb?”

Finrod Ar-Feiniel
Jun 2nd, 2003, 02:49:10 PM
“Great moons of Endor…this place is fantastic!”

Finrod couldn’t stop glancing about, his eyes wide with the newness of it all. When he’d come to the Order, he’d been prepared to be sent back on his way; instead, Fin found himself on a new path entirely. One that held prospects that were nearly too exciting for him to think of.

Nevertheless, he made sure to pay attention. Like everything, Finrod approached the choice with caution and thought. Though it was minor decision he took a full five minutes to consider and reply.

“Room first, Sir. I think it’s more important.”

His answer was typical for Finrod. The boy didn’t like extravagance, and was a stickler for making sure that he did what needed to be done in order of importance. He hadn’t the patience or the mind-set to ignore tasks and it bothered him a great deal when he wasn’t able to complete something. In short, Fin wasn’t much of a child in many respects.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 2nd, 2003, 02:55:03 PM
“Alright then,”

Proceeding down the hallway, Dasquian motioned to the doors as the two walked by them. Most bore a plaque with a name on them, though some were unmarked. There was a keypad at about waist height – or eye level for Finrod – by each, which allowed the Jedi access through a unique pass code.

“A lot of the rooms are meant for only one person, though some have two, three, four or even more living in them. Most of the larger group rooms were claimed when the Jedi originally moved into this building, but there are still some vacancies around. When we find you a room I’ll give you one of these,”

Out of his pocket Dasquian fished a small card. It had a hole punched in the top of it, and a strip of metal down one side.

“It’s a quick swipe card for access into this building. You’ll have to remember your own rooms’ unique code for yourself though,” he added.

Stopping finally outside of one door, after some wandering, Dasquian nodded. This seemed like a good place. Rattling off the over ride code to open the door, it slid aside to reveal a neat, Spartan group room. Two beds of the three inside looked used, and the kitchen table still had a few plates piled up on it.

“Oh… it looks like no one is home,” there was a hint of disappointment in Dasquian’s voice.

“Well I’m sure you’re room mates will arrive soon.”

Finrod Ar-Feiniel
Jun 3rd, 2003, 09:34:42 AM
Finrod found himself a bit sad as they stopped in front of a door. He had been enjoying himself as Dasquian led him through the living quarters, but soon his interest was shifted and the boy glanced eagerly at the door.

He stood with his hands clasped behind his back, fidgeting ever so slightly. Fin watched in anticipation as Dasquian opened the door and followed him in. The boy let out a soft breath as he looked about, eyes as large as saucers.

"I can't believe I get to live here! It's fantastic!"

The newness and excitement of his new conditions made Finrod positevely glow, and the boy's smile grew as he cautiously looked around. He kept himself in check at all times though, for he didn't want to come across as a nosy busy-body. Indeed, Finrod had hardly allowed himself to relax since his arrival.

"Please Sir, who am I boarding with?"

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 3rd, 2003, 09:48:18 AM
“Two other Padawans like you. One is named Kelt, and the other Aaron,”

Dasquian smiled broadly. He had taken a liking to this young boy and would have volunteered his own room as a place to stay, were it not for his somewhat uncertain state in this affair. What would be just as good, he reasoned, was for Finrod to stay with his brother and close friend.

“You’ve got a garden,” he took a few steps forward and looked out of the double doors on the back wall into a small courtyard. It had archery targets set up around the edge and the paving stones were littered with arrows. A few training dummies were set up round about, too.

“Have to be careful out there,” he said, turning and nodding firmly.

Kelt was no where nearby, as far as Dasquian could tell – but Aaron appeared to be approaching the room at a quick pace. The Knight smiled thinly at this.

Aaron Belargic
Jun 3rd, 2003, 09:51:22 AM
The Jedi Padawan whistled loudly to himself as he threw the bread bun he was carrying up into the air. Up and down he passed his snack from hand to hand before hungrily tearing a bite out of it as he rounded another corner within the LQ. It was a big place, and just a walk back from the outside of the grounds had made him hungry – so much so that his stomach was growling.

The rumbling stopped, however, when he came a little closer to his room, as he felt a familiar presence up again. Quickening his pace to a brisk walk he arrived to find his room door open, and Dasquian stood inside with a small boy.

“Afternoon all,”

Throwing his key down on the table by the door, he smiled at Finrod then looked expectantly at Dasquian, a hint of confusion in his expression.

Finrod Ar-Feiniel
Jun 3rd, 2003, 10:41:40 AM
"Oh--"

Finrod stopped as Aaron walked into the room. He stared first at one brother, and then the other, his face knitted together in confusion. Certainly he had seen twins before but his surprise whisked away any logical thinking at the moment. The boy remained silent, in thought, and then slowly smiled. Fin still hadn't reached any conclusions, but he didn't want to be impolite.

"Hullo."

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 3rd, 2003, 10:47:14 AM
“Just the person I was hoping to see,” Dasquian chuckled.

“Aaron, this is Finrod – a new Padawan. Finrod, this is my brother Aaron.”

What were the differences between the two? Namely the dress code. Dasquian was in velveteen robes suiting of someone with a Council chair, whereas Aaron looked ready to dive out into combat at the blink of an eye – wearing what could quite easily be classified as hunting gear. Dasquian carried himself much more calmly and regally than his brother, and where Aaron’s eyes were blue Dasquian’s were violet. It only took a second glance to notice the differences – but then most people look only once.

“Pleasure to meet you, Finrod,” Aaron smiled cheerily.

“Hopefully you two and Kelt will get on well,” Dasquian interjected, causing a puzzled look from Aaron.

“Finrod will be staying here with the both of you… on a trial basis of course, to see if he feels comfortable here.”

“I see!”

The last words were added for the boys benefit, and were matched with a smile.

“… Which I have no doubt he will be.”

Aaron Belargic
Jun 3rd, 2003, 10:50:11 AM
Aaron pulled off his outer robes, leaving on the forest green tunic and trappings below. Rubbing his hands together and pacing off towards the kitchen, he glanced back over his shoulder.

“You two want something to eat or drink? I was just going to hazard a shot at making lunch.”

Pausing in his step, he swiveled on his heel and furrowed his brow slightly.

“Unless you have stuff to bring here?”

A quick glance around and Aaron saw no suitcases or bags that he didn’t recognize.

“Need a hand bringing stuff across here or …?”

Finrod Ar-Feiniel
Jun 3rd, 2003, 11:54:06 AM
Finrod nodded enthusiastically at Aaron.

"It's nice to meet you too, Sir."

His cautionary shell disolving slightly, Finrod took a few steps and peered into the kitchen, darting back when Aaron turned to look back at the two. He looked up at Dasquian and then shook his head.

"No Sir, I didn't bring my lot with me. Gettin' it later."

His watery blue eyes were full of interest as he fixated his gaze on different facets of the room. Really, it wasn't out of the ordinary in any way, but the fact that he would be living here made it somehow special. Finrod hadn't strayed too far from Dasquian's side and he now returned to the spot, a satisfied look on his face.

"I like it here."

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 4th, 2003, 11:27:39 AM
“It certainly is a nice place,” Dasquian replied, eyes straying once again back to the view outside.

The Knight drifted off into his thoughts for a moment or two, just admiring the courtyard below, before a beeping snapped him out of it. He glanced around for a moment, confused, before realizing it was something on his person that was making the irritating noise. Scooping up a small comm. unit from his belt, he frowned slightly as he appeared to read something off of the unit.

“I’ve got to go deal with something in the Council room,” he sighed.

“You’ll be alright if I leave you here with Aaron, right?”

Finrod Ar-Feiniel
Jun 4th, 2003, 11:41:20 AM
Finrod nodded as Dasquian returned his comm, to it's place.

"Yes Sir."

He gave a shy glance towards Aaron and then plopped himself down on a chair, putting his hands in his lap as the Knight exited the room. The last thing the child wanted was to be a nuisance to his new roommate.

"Can I do anything to help Sir?"

Fin looked over to Aaron with sincere eyes, practically oozing with the will to be helpful.

Aaron Belargic
Jun 7th, 2003, 03:51:14 AM
Putting the kettle on, Aaron paced around in the kitchen in a little world of his own for a moment.

“Want some tea?”

Suddenly realizing he’d been asked a question, he then corrected himself.

“Oh, ah… well you can help be sort out all the stuff in a courtyard in a minute if you want.”

Spinning on his heel, he grinned.

“You ever used a bow and arrow before?”

Finrod Ar-Feiniel
Jun 9th, 2003, 10:39:46 AM
Eyes wide, Finrod shook his head.

"No Sir, I sure haven't. We never did anything lively at school...But the sixth years got to go rock climbing once, the lucky blighters--"

Realizing that he was beginning to blather on the boy stopped speaking, a little red in the face.

"S'rry."

Aaron Belargic
Jun 10th, 2003, 12:53:36 PM
“What’re you apologizing for?”

Aaron shook his head, smiling slightly. People always seemed to be apologizing for one thing or another. He wandered over to the glass double-doors and pushed one open, taking a step outside.

“You want to come have a shot?”

Finrod Ar-Feiniel
Jun 10th, 2003, 01:14:30 PM
“I thought I needed to apologize because I was talk—Would I ever!”

Finrod interrupted his own apology enthusiastically at Aaron’s enticing suggestion. The boy practically leapt off his chair, and then as if realizing how exuberant he was becoming, took a breath and smoothed his shirt out. He walked slowly, attempting at sereneness, out to the courtyard where it took all his willpower not to jump about.

“Boy, I’ve never had a chance at something like this! Blimey!”

Aaron Belargic
Jun 16th, 2003, 05:41:47 AM
Aaron stood one of the dummies back up. He recalled he and Kelt had knocked it over yesterday when they’d been play fighting, and hadn’t ended up clearing things up. He stretched and scooped up one quiver of arrows from a lean to at the side of the courtyard, taking the two bows that rested by it too.

“I’m sorry it’s a little large,” he laughed, as he offered out Kelts bow to Finrod – it must have been almost as tall as the boy.

He handed him and arrow two, before taking one for himself and setting himself into a basic stance – holding it so that Finrod could copy.

Finrod Ar-Feiniel
Jun 16th, 2003, 09:46:26 AM
It was in fact a little larger than Fin, but he was too excited to even bother about it. The lad set one end of the bow on the ground and held it upright with his hands, glancing at Aaron to catch the position. Finrod glanced at his own stance, found it horribly wrong, and tried to adjust accordingly. But one foot knocked against the other and he tumbled to the ground, the bow on top of him.

“Clumsy…”

The boy righted himself, dusting off his trousers gingerly, and looked at Aaron keenly. He carefully maneuvered himself until he was standing in a wobbly starting position, unbalanced with the bow. Finrod glanced upwards at the Jedi with a worried look on his face.

“Like this?”

Aaron Belargic
Jun 20th, 2003, 07:27:19 AM
“Something like that,” Aaron grinned.

“Now draw back the string…”

Doing as such the Padawan nipped the string and arrow between his fingertips.

“And then let go.”

The arrow left the bow soundlessly and embedded itself in the target.

Finrod Ar-Feiniel
Jun 20th, 2003, 09:09:36 AM
The lad tried desparetely to keep from tumbling to the ground as he fit the arrow into the bow, pulling back with as much strength as he could muster. He barely managaed to tug it toward him, his small arms unable to exert as much force upon the weapon as needed. The arrow kept slipping, nosing for the ground, and Finrod kept pausing and fixing it. Finally though, he was ready for a shot. He closed one eye, looking at the target, and released...

The arrow went perhaps two feet, if one were being generous, crashing to the ground like a bird without wings. Finrods face fell.

"Oh..."