PDA

View Full Version : I might be outta the loop on this...

Darren Caerdeth
Jun 2nd, 2003, 05:13:02 AM
But did Kaytor get permission to RP another Vampyre....

If not, then shes got some explaining to do on this character...

http://swforums.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2899

Alana Stormcloud
Jun 2nd, 2003, 07:51:52 AM
Nope she wasnt given permission, I in fact was asked last night if her jesse black char. could be made into a vamp and the anwser was no lol.... Hmmm what to do what to do?? Well what are we gonna do lol ?? Any suggestions?

Lord Soth
Jun 2nd, 2003, 11:36:57 PM
She dies!...Simple as that... :x

Honestly,...She needs to be PM'd and told that this is not acceptable and appropriate in creating a "Rouge Vamp" as we here at the Shrine kinda hold the corner on Vamps in the first place with the extensive "Story Line's and their beginnings" we've meticulously created over some four years now thanks to Saurron.

If she chooses to continue with this CHR we can either ignore her or hunt her ass...It is not really something we can really stop seeing that peep are free to do what they will...However, I think she should be sent a PM and explain to her that we wont acknowledge her CHR if she’s taking this route...I prefer to hunt her and any who pose a threat to our linage IC...lol ::Roll’s eye’s::

If we all converge on her CHR at once in a "open" thread, then I think that sends a message loud and clear as well..."Either join us or die!" And seeing that there are a lot of us here that don’t want her here at the Shrine...Well,...You get the picture. :)

Just a thought…But she need’s to be warned either way…:wings

Darren Caerdeth
Jun 3rd, 2003, 04:42:14 AM
My biggest concern is this.......

From what Ive read (and I'll be re-reading the FAQ tonight) there are no official guidelines on using Non Canon Species created by another poster(s) (ie Vampyres and Lupines)

Its always been more of an unspoken rule that you cant create a character using a species started by another RPer without that RPer's consent, but im not sure how much an unspoken rule will hold up if this were taken to SWFans administration.

I think a good course of action would be to speak with Ogre about this (as I said before, ima re read the FAQ to make sure there isnt already an official rule), and maybe see if he would be willing to discuss a change in the Faq with other members of the staff.

If a new 'official' rule were set in place, Kaytor would still most likely be able to play her character as a Vampyre, since she started before the rule change.....in that case, we'd still be allowed to hunt her down IC and beat her senseless at every opportunity.

Thats my opinion about the general RPing forum, and I may be wrong....

In our forum however, we have the right not to acknowledge her character at all

Fiend
Jun 3rd, 2003, 11:16:03 AM
no! dont ruin this :lol

shes not a vampyre and won't become one, this is an rp that I have set up for her to teach her really that the shrine will have nothing to do with any of her characters, this is solely Valirion acting here, hes not foing anything to her to bring her any further in the Shrine than taking her into his chambers where she gets to see what happens to stupid mortals like her

I didn't see a big deal on this really, Alana brought in Xazor as Anthony Scott, in all seriousness, I don't like Xazor at all, but she was given a chance, I don't like Kaytor at all either, she wasn't given a chance, I'm just going to deal with her second attempt accordingly, as any vampyre would, make her think she has a chance and then hopelessly kill her off once she thinks shes got her wishes, :lol

Darren Caerdeth
Jun 3rd, 2003, 01:00:10 PM
If im not mistaken, Xazor was voted in, although wearily.

Ive already seen one thread where Kaytor refered to herself in a narration that she was a Vampyre.

Fiend
Jun 3rd, 2003, 01:12:58 PM
with that character? she shouldn't have and if she has, its a delusion, :lol she is not becoming a vampyre, Val has plans to kill her and torture her, spare me, are my words not good enough? :lol send her a pm if you want, that characters already got a death wish

Pandora Damaris
Jun 3rd, 2003, 01:59:38 PM
We need to be careful on the message were sending other RPers too...If she's claiming herself to be a "Vampyre" now in that particular thread, then as the thread continues are we not then granting her legitimacy?

Darren, your comment about setting up a "new rule" regarding established CHR's and species is a very good one...Perhaps we can start a thread here in the locked and voice our concern's regarding this problem and then send the link to Ogre via PM. This unwritten rule if given place can relieve us of a great many head aches in the long run and I think its something we should pursue until it’s in the Shrines best interest and favor...I can tell you all now, that if someone created a “Rouge Cizzerrack” and RP’d the CHR on the board’s, they would be all over it like flies on shit…However, they too face the same dilemma we here face at the Shrine, nevertheless for some odd reason, the Vampyre persona has a strong appeal to RPers on the boards and in my opinion a course of action should and must be taken. :)

Fiend
Jun 3rd, 2003, 04:04:44 PM
WHOA, hey, guess what... after checking something... lol, Alana got me tripped up on something totally different than what Darren is talking about! Evil Woman!

I was talking about Jesse Black, as to this other char... I say we outright show up, screw her thread and kill her, than take it to Ogre. And now that Agent Charley has been set loose, I say we take Kaytor into a thread and watch her until the moment comes when Angent Charley pops in and lays her to waste :lol

Virrana'h Tei
Jun 3rd, 2003, 11:40:56 PM
I think she should be approached in OOC fashion through PMs and try to resolve things that way.

She may not be aware or fully understand that she is not being considerate of the Shrine back-history etc.

Seeing if the The FAQ change could be brought up for discussion is a good suggestion too.

Darren Caerdeth
Jun 4th, 2003, 04:00:57 AM
Kaytor knows the Shrines view on the matter. We've dealt with her before *shudder*...

The way this looks to me is that she didnt think we'd notice.....Notice nothing in her sig says anything about any kind of Vampyre. If it hadnt been for the fact that she jumped into a rp with a buddy of mine, I would have never gave that character a second look.

The fact that the account has been logged since Feb is pretty good proof that she had zero intention of telling us about this character, let alone get permission.

Whens the next time Saurron's gonna swing through?....Id really like to hear his thoughts on this too before we take any action.