PDA

View Full Version : A Dinner Conversation (Sage)

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Jun 2nd, 2003, 01:33:17 AM
J'ktal dressed casually for dinner. Casual for one of his social stature, that was.

A pair of custom tailored black slacks held up with a finely crafted black snakeskin belt with a burnished silver buckle accented the black silk shirt and almost narrow black tie around his neck. His cufflinks, for many of his shirts sported French cuffs, were of the same burnished silver as his belt buckle, and the small tie clip that held his necktie to his shirt matched perfectly. The polished snakeskin dress shoes that covered his furry footpaws finished off the ensemble, and like the rest, were also black. The Death-Shadow had always prided himself for dressing neatly, and that night was no exception.

After a short spar and an ensuing chat, Sage Hazzard had taken J'ktal as his padawan, and J'ktal had arranged to discuss matters in further detail over dinner. The only local restaurant he knew at the moment, though, was Yog's Bar and Grill. A precursory glance over the menu at least assured him that they did in fact serve real fare in addition to the standard bar and pub food.

So he waited in the lobby for Sage to show. The Jedi Master wasn't late, J'ktal was simply a few minutes early, as he always tried to be.

Sage Hazzard
Jun 3rd, 2003, 01:18:36 AM
Sage dressed casually. As he passed through the door and caught sight of J'ktal, he felt woefully underdressed. All he had on were simple pants, a t-shirt, and an old, gold, Naboo flight jacket.

He arrived on time, or atleast he thought. Was his chronometer off?

"J'ktal... you look exemplary. I--Maybe I should go back and change?"

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Jun 3rd, 2003, 01:31:08 AM
"Nonsense, you look fine," J'ktal assured his Master, even though he was in stark contrast with the expensive clothing the mongoose sported. "I have reserved the two of us a table; it should be ready soon, the hostess says. It seems the establishment is busy tonight."

No sooner had he said it than the hostess notified them that their table was ready, and a serving droid was dispatched to lead them to it. J'ktal hd requested the non-smoking section, even though he was known to light up a pipe every now and then, he simply did not know of Sage approved of it or not.

Arriving at the small table, J'ktal let Sage sit first before takign his own seat out of proper ettiquite. "I will have a glass of Chandrillian Merlot, please, ten years or older," he said to the droid, then looked to Sage, "What would you care to drink, Master Hazzard? I will pick up the tab, so feel free to ask for whatever you like."

Sage Hazzard
Jun 3rd, 2003, 01:40:31 AM
"Good, because I'm positive I wouldn't be able to cover that wine," he said with a chuckle. "Well it's a special occasion, so I'll have a Naboo Red Wine, something not under five years of age," it was the only alchoholic drink he'd ever remembered having.

He turned to J'ktal. "You sure you can cover this?"

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Jun 3rd, 2003, 01:59:29 AM
"Quite," was the answer J'ktal gave before the serving droid went on its merry way.

Reaching forward, the Death-Shadow straightened his fork a nudge, then picked up the menu card on his plate. The Bar & Grill offered a wide variety of dishes, and many appealed to J'ktal's tastes. Within a minute of silence, he had selected what he would order, and the menu card was placed to the side for the droid to take when it came back with their drinks.

"I apologize if I seem overdressed, Master Hazzard," He tried to start with small talk. "It is just that I only brought a limited supply of clothing, and this was the best I could do without looking like I was about to go and exercise. I know it is a bit much, really."

Sage Hazzard
Jun 4th, 2003, 11:46:05 PM
Sage shrugged. "This place could use some more class anyhow."

Sage motioned to J'ktal's put aside menu, holding his own in front of him.

"What are you having?"

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Jun 5th, 2003, 12:14:48 AM
"The Cajun ribeye steak and lobster tail combination," J'ktal replied without having to look back at the menu. "With a Caesar salad to start with."

Noting the look he recieved, he shrugged lightly and straightened the angle of his napkin as he added, "It is nothing spectacular, I know, but it seems not many places specialize in Nehantite cobra. Tell me, have you ever tasted snake before, even of a standard variety?"

Sage Hazzard
Jun 5th, 2003, 12:57:36 AM
Steak, now that sounded good...

"Snake? No, no, I can't say I have. Though I guess it's the kind of thing that, oddly enough, is probably delicious. Nature teaching that looks are decieving and so on. I take it that's your favorite meal, Nehantite Cobra?"

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Jun 5th, 2003, 01:27:56 AM
"It is one of them," J'ktal replied. "I have had it often though only twice have I been the one to make the kill. It always tastes the best then, you know. The flesh still warm when you cut it. But with proper seasoning, it can be very delicious cooked, and my uncle was known for his open pit barbeques. You could say I grew up on the stuff when I was allowed home visits. My wife also made a very good steak of it, too."

As he finished speaking, the droid arrived with their wine, and J'ktal nodded in thanks to it, even though it did not appear to be equipped with a fulla ray of optical sensors to appreciate the movement, it was simply good manners. Swirling the crimson lwine in his rounded glass, the mongoose held it up to the light, then brought it back down and took a deep smell of it. For all respects he looked like a wine conniseiur, which he was in some ways. Deeming it acceptable, he took a sip and then set the glass down .

"Your order, Master Hazzard?" he prompted the Jedi Master to order first, again out of proper ettiquite.

Sage Hazzard
Jun 5th, 2003, 01:42:16 AM
Sage in contrast took a gulp of the wine as soon as he took it. "Not bad."

He nodded slowly, thinking about what he'd have.

"Well, shoot, I'll have the steak and mash potatos, extra thick gravy." he gave in. It was what he always had here, though he usually didn't have thick gravy. Had to mix it up a little. "Uh, throw in some dinner rolls, with butter on the side, too please. J'ktal?"

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Jun 5th, 2003, 01:48:27 AM
"I will start with a Caesar salad, leafy greens preferred, and the fresher the better. For my main course I will have the Cajun ribeye steak, medium-well, and lobster tail with a baked potato with sour cream and chives. Please, could I also get a slice of lemon and a slice of lime as well, thank you," he listed off just as if he were at a four star restaurant.

The small droid beeped and headed off to the kitchen to deliver their order. It would be some time before their food arrived, so the Death-Shadow decided to start up a little small talk and see how things went from there. "Master Hazzard, in our session you mentioned you had some questions for me. I am more than willing to answer all that I am permitted to."

Sage Hazzard
Jun 6th, 2003, 02:09:00 AM
Sage nodded. "I am curious, certainly."

He sipped his wine again.

"Well, what kind of planet is your home planet? Nice?"

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Jun 6th, 2003, 02:17:05 AM
"Nice is a very comparatice word, Master Hazzad," J'ktal rebuffed him slightly. "I find it nice, for it is my home, and it is what I am used to. You, however, might find daily temperatures of at least 110 degrees Ferenhiet to be a trifle staggering. Nehantish is mostly a desert world, though we do have enough jungle and other greenery to support a healthy ecosystem where the amount of oxygen in the air is involved.

"The capitol city of Nehantish is a massive one, though nothing compared to Coruscant. It has many districts, and I know each of them well, but reside in what is known as the T'akan, or wealthy, district. Many Death-Shadows wind up there, as we often find it impreritive to be, how you say, in certain circles," He took a visible pleasure in admitting his social elieteness. "But as far as life on Nehantsh goes, it all depends on your drive, and partly on your social class. I can arrange a trip to my home for you, if you would like, Master Hazzard; I know many transport companies that owe me first-class favors."

Sage Hazzard
Jun 9th, 2003, 01:45:53 AM
So did the Death-Shadow gain favor in the wealthy class? Perhaps the well off found it benificiary to have such a person around, if it was needed. Or were the Death-Shadow themselves in that class? Jedi were poor by choice. The major belief and ideals were in altruism, the idea of not living for yourself in anyway. Though Sage found this nearly impossible, as it was contradictory. He found pleasure and pride in upholding people's rights and liberties, as he would enjoy them as well as long as he could insure their saftey. Wasn't that, in fact, doing for one's self in the end?

"That'd be great. I can stand the heat. I'd love to see it if you're willing."

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Jun 9th, 2003, 02:25:38 AM
The Death-Shadow made their way into the higher social ranks and wealthy circles because it was always easier to do things when you had connections, or you could infiltrate high society. That way they only had to ply themselves down when investigating lower class affairs, but would not have to stress to fit in with the rich and powerful.

That, and they often made very good money for the dangerous services that they performed.

Nodding curtly, J'ktal raised his glass halfway and replied, "Good, I will arrange a trip for the near future. My summer home should be nearly ready by now; I have been adding a second wing to it over the past year, and it is almost complete." The mongoose paused to sip at his wine and then continued, "But, if it is not finished yet, then my regualr estate should do. It has been in the family for many generations, but, some of my tastes are no longer supported by it."

Sage Hazzard
Jun 10th, 2003, 12:47:18 AM
"Excellent."

Woah, woah, woah. Second wing? The Death-Shadow lived well enough to have one "wing", let alone two? Interesting.

"What are your tastes exactly J'ktal? What art do you most appreciate?"

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Jun 10th, 2003, 01:23:48 AM
"Exactly?" J'ktal asked rhetorically. "That is nearly impossible to define, Master Hazzard, for I have a great many tastes. But, I believe you would find my greatest love is for the sculpture of my race. We have long created works of art in marble, limestone and granite, and I own several pieces myself, some of them thousands of years old. Nehantish is also famed for its glasswork, but I do not own much that has been made in the last seventy years, for mas production has truly ruined the art. After that, I have a great fondness for paintings, both portriait and scenes, as well as tapestries. One could say I am a bit of an art buff, you know, but I personally just enjoy the pieces that bring me pleasure."

As his salad arrived, J'ktal turned the leaves over in the dressing so that it would coat all of the lettuce before continuing. "I have also inheritied the family's armorry, and have much of it displayed along with my own personal collection. It was going to go to my cousin, but my uncle knew of my position, and it was left to me instead." He caught the look in Sage's eye and clarified, "This was not the uncle whose home was burned, but his brother. In any case, I enjoy antiques, and things that took expert care in crration from those who were experts in their field. It is my way of thanking them for working harder than many other beasts."

Sage Hazzard
Jun 13th, 2003, 01:25:46 AM
"I see," Sage nodded. "So have you ever considered making your own art pieces?"

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Jun 13th, 2003, 01:32:58 AM
"On the occasion I have been known to dabble in oil paints," He replied, though not with the usual confidence in his voice, "But those were never for display, only for my own pleasure, if you understand.

"What of you, Master Hazzard? What do you care for in life?"

Sage Hazzard
Jun 13th, 2003, 01:39:41 AM
Sage nodded at his comment on his artwork. He could understand this well.

"I'm not sure you could even describe it in hobbies or what you might call it. I've actually been told I need to get a hobby, something to relax with. I usually pour myself into my work, which is my life. It does get hard sometimes, I'll admit."

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Jun 13th, 2003, 02:18:42 AM
Reaching out for his wine glass, J'ktal spoke in a measured fashion," To pour yourself into your work can be a good thing, but do not make your work your life." He took a sip to let Sage thing about that for a moment before pressing further. "Even the Death-Shadow, though our minds are nearly impossible to get out of what we call working mode, make certain that our job does not overrule our personal lives.

"Though we may not be known for great senses of humor or kind personalities, we do very much have lives of our own to attend to. I feel I should add at this point that much of my teenage to adult life was spent in chase of a particular female," he grinned in his eerie way again, "A chase that I eventually won. Tell me, Master Hazzard, are there any women you have your sights set on? A man of your age must be lonesome sometimes. I mean no offense by that, but merely curious as to the personality of my Master."

Sage Hazzard
Jun 13th, 2003, 02:57:18 AM
"No, no, you're correct. I do have a relationship with a woman. She was actually my Padawan before she rose to Knighthood. That did always weigh on my conscience," he stared off but quickly regained himself. "At the moment though, she and I seem to be in two completely different places. We both lead busy lives. Though I am commited to her, as I do care for her deeply, it's hard all the same to wait for her return. I honestly can't remember the last time we even spoke..."

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Jun 13th, 2003, 03:04:25 AM
Placing his wine glass down, J'ktal pulled a sly smile and said, "So, the Jedi are allowed to fraternize within their own ranks, then? While it was permitted in the Death-Shadow, it was not well looked upon. Saiene and I had to keep our relationship sectet for quite some time before we braved letting others know. I was nearly expelled by the request of her father, but in the end he came to see things my way."

Just how he came to see things J'ktal's way was not mentioned, but from his tone of voice, odds were that it was not through pleasant conversation. "I do miss her, Sage. She and my son have been gone from be for three years now, but it still pains me. I do not tell many people that, Master Hazzard, but since we will be sharing bond of master and pupil, I find it best to let you know these things so that your judgement may not be compromised by surprise information."

Sage Hazzard
Jun 14th, 2003, 02:17:39 AM
"I thank you for that. Though I hope it's not simply a tactical decision on your part."

He took another sip of his drink.

"So, what are your thoughts on the Jedi so far? What you expected, worse, better?"

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Jun 14th, 2003, 02:26:01 AM
Waiting until his mouth was clear of the forkful of salad he had eaten, J'ktal replied, "It is different, but not so different that I find it difficult to understand. Our ways are different, yes, but we do arrive at the same goal: preserving peace, sometimes through forceful means as our time on Ghoull was enough to show me. Your edicts and rules will take time for me to fully accept, but I feel as if I can better the name of the Jedi to my people."

Sage Hazzard
Jun 16th, 2003, 12:39:54 AM
Sage raised his eyebrow.

"Oh? Do your people look down on the Jedi?"

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Jun 16th, 2003, 12:54:19 AM
Takign great care to prolong and still keep his answer from being complete, J'kal let the pause prolong just long enough to be uncomfortable before replying, "Not all the Jedi, persay, but one in particular. One who flagrantly threw his tail in the face of his culture to join with you."

Sage Hazzard
Jun 16th, 2003, 02:40:17 AM
Sage took a moment to consider if pressing further was wise...

"I'll take a guess, as it's the only Jedi I've seen other than you who could be it: Sejah?"

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Jun 16th, 2003, 02:46:05 AM
"However did you guess?" came a rather aloof reply before J'ktal sipped his wine.

"Mr. Haversh, despite being an excellent swordsbeast, has also earned a rather criminal, and some would say scandalous reputation. The noility hate him, and since they control the media, even those of his own class have developed a great dislike for one who really should be their hero."

Sage Hazzard
Jun 20th, 2003, 01:03:51 AM
"Puzzling. How did he gain this ill reputation in the first place? Surely not by simply becoming a Jedi."

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Jun 20th, 2003, 03:07:33 AM
J'ktal shook his head. "Though I might know more about that than he does, it would not be my place to tell you. Speak with Mr. Haversh, and let him tell you all that he chooses to. I do not share secrets outside of the professional realm, and those have prices higher than most Jedi would care to afford."

Sage Hazzard
Jun 20th, 2003, 11:49:10 PM
"I might just do that," Sage nodded, wondering where his order had gone and where his food was. "So, is there a name they give to the martial arts you're tought as a Death-Shadow? Or is it an amalgram of existing forms?"

Sejah Haversh
Jun 21st, 2003, 03:03:46 AM
Their conversation truly hadn't eben going on for very long, but any amount of time spent with a man who calculates his every word's timing can seem far longer than it truly is.

As it was, the droid was just returning with their orders, and J'ktal took his with a thankful, professional nod. Returning to Sage's question as he methodically spread his napkin on his lap, J'ktal replied, "There are many names, for there are many arts. The simplest explaination I can give is that we learn the Rho'istaan. The Rho'istaan is the collection of all noted and categorized fighting arts, both bladed and otherwise. It dates back over two thousand years, and I have been privileged to read and study the restricted and hidden libraries as well as the public knowledge forms."

Cutting away a bite of his steak, J'ktal looked up at Sage and could see the next question, so he answered it before it came. "There are three levels of the Rho'istaan. The first is comprised of the chrinicled arts and styles that have proven themselves worthy of further instruction to others as a fighting style. The second is restricted to the level of master, and the occasional Fitst Apprentice, and is only brought to those thought worthy of the knowledge by appointment of the Rho'istaan council. The third level's existance is fully denied by all officials, though. Within the third, or hidden, level, are forms and moves thought to be beyond the grasp of most, and many of them are considered too dangerous to implement in honorable combat.

"They are also know as the books of hatchings, for they are not written in either the royal script or the common tongue. They are ancient texts, scribed by the paw of K'shenurien Anajii, the first Death-Shadow. I cannot fully claim to understand or be able to perform all of his recordings, but I can attest to their danger. On my planet of three and a half billion people, Master Hazzard, less than a thousand beings know of the true existance of the hidden level written in the hatched script of my ancestor. Less than half of that bumber can claim to be proficient in them, as well. I am among that half, but if anyone ever asks you of what I have just said, I will firmly deny all knowledge and leave you to come up with your own answers. I fear you might often be in a precatious situation with me, Master Hazzard, I do not reccomend wishing to be too close."

Sage Hazzard
Jun 23rd, 2003, 01:06:18 AM
Sage nodded, inspecting his steak.

"Well, I like to take things when they come. Suspicions often have a way of bending reality to what is suspect."

He took a bite of his own steak, then motioned to J'ktal's.

"Satisfactory?"

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Jul 16th, 2003, 03:06:07 PM
"A little too rare, but satisfactory for the cooking of a droid," the mongoose replied after dabbing his mouth with his napkin politely. J'ktal set his fork down and picked up the slice of lime he had requested it, sqeezing it deftly over the steak and letting the bitter juice drip onto the seasonings, his lobster and potato remaining untouched for the moment.

Taking another bite, then a sip of what was left of his wine, J'ktal looked into Sage's eyes and asked, "So, what is on the schedule for tomorrow, Master Hazzard? Another excursion, or perhaps another training session? Or, if you truly would like, I can arrange transport to Nehantish."

Sage Hazzard
Aug 1st, 2003, 01:14:28 AM
That was a pleasent suprise. Did this mean his Padawan was growing to like his Master? Enough to show him his homeworld? Or was that not such a sentimental thing to J'ktal?

"I think we've had enough excursions for a lifetime. Well, atleast a week. On the other hand, I'd love to see Nehantish. I'd be delighted."

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Aug 1st, 2003, 01:28:19 AM
J'ktal used his fork to pty open the lobster tail on his plate and cut out a sizeable piece, popping it into his mouth and chewing before replying, "Good, I will see about the arrangements tonight. Pack clothing for a warm climate, but, do pack at least one set of formal wear. Unless, you don't have any, in which case I will have my tailor make you something when we get there. Mmm, this lobster is delicious, very fresh."

Sage Hazzard
Aug 2nd, 2003, 12:35:32 AM
Sage took a bite out of his dinner roll.

"Honestly, I don't have a formal outfit other than my Jedi Robes. I don't that'll do though. I always like to look like the locals if not on Jedi business. I'll take you up on your offer."

He buttered his roll before taking his next bite.

"I've got the warm climate clothes covered though," he chuckled.

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Aug 2nd, 2003, 12:50:59 AM
"Good," J'ktal replied, squeezing the lemon slice over the rest of his lobster, "I would hate to have you uncomforatble while we are there, or on the way, even. The trip usually takes about a week, but it can be made in just under six days if we were to take my ship, though its accomodations are not exactly fit for extended travel for a passenger."

Sage Hazzard
Aug 2nd, 2003, 01:07:57 AM
Sage started on cutting away a piece of steak.

"We can always take my ship. If Chewnakka has made the final tune-ups it should be faster than regular travel. I've tricked it out pretty well over the years. I've sometimes lived on it. So I've made it comfortable."

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Aug 2nd, 2003, 01:13:09 AM
If ever it were possible to make taking a bite of lobster look like you were scoffing, J'ktal did it. After he swallowed, he wiped his mouth on his napkin and replied, "No offense, Master Hazzard, but, perhaps you should see my ship before you decide. I remember our trip to Ghoull, and I believe you might change your mind. The living quarters might be cramped, but they are more hospitable than that of your ship, sir."

Sage Hazzard
Aug 3rd, 2003, 11:51:47 PM
His was a very bachelor pad kind of set-up. Especially since Chewbacca lived there. The grooming habits of a Wookiee did not agree with the senses.

"Well, I would't mind seeing it. Does it have a name?"

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Aug 4th, 2003, 12:43:38 AM
"Selak is the name that was designated to my Shadow craft," J'ktal replied. "We do not believe in naming our own craft if in military service. It forms attachment, and that can cloud judegment. I hate the name, personally."

Sage Hazzard
Aug 4th, 2003, 02:21:20 AM
"I like it," he said with a sip of his wine. "Actually, that philosophy is the exact same as a Jedi one. As a whole, Jedi don't believe in having attatchments. For the same reason you said. I still named my ship though," Sage said with a laugh. "So is there a reason it was designated Selak?"

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Aug 4th, 2003, 02:31:49 AM
"To tick me off, I am fairly certain," J'ktal said before another bite of lobster.

Sage Hazzard
Aug 6th, 2003, 01:36:11 AM
Sage roared a laughing fit.

"Oh, my," Sage said as he got himself under composure. He wasn't even entirely sure if it was meant to be a joke. He never was with J'ktal. Trying to stifle a laugh and having trouble, he replied. "Does this word, Selak, have a special meaning on your planet?"

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Aug 6th, 2003, 01:43:59 AM
"Drifting camel," J'ktal replied, cutting away another piece of his steak, then paused to drink the last of his wine and call to the serving droid to bring him another glass.

"But I assure you, she is more responsive than any small fighter I have ever seen, and far more powerful than you could imagine by looking at her. When piloted by the correct beast, of course." As if on cue, the droid returned, and he took the glass, and a sip, just as he finished speaking. "So, we will head out tomorrow, then? Just before noon? We will avoid much traffic that way."

Sage Hazzard
Aug 7th, 2003, 02:25:51 AM
Drifting Camel? No wonder J'ktal didn't like that name. It didn't exactly 'pop'.

"Sounds good to me."

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Aug 7th, 2003, 02:39:20 AM
"Good," J'ktal replied. "I will take care of the entry visas, but you must see to it that you recieve the proper innocculations. All foreigners must recieve shots so that they do not bring diseases in, or contract any while staying. Hope you do not mind needles, Master HJazzard."

Taking a bite of his steak, the mongoose chewed, swallowed and continued. "Also, bring somethign to entertain yourself on the journey. My ship is fact, but it will still be a little over six days, and I know that I am not terribly engrossing compnay. And, one last thing, what kinds of food do you enjoy so that I might know what to bring to serve?"

Sage Hazzard
Aug 7th, 2003, 03:03:59 AM
That would be a change. Sage usually just cooked whatever came in a can.

"I like meat for my main courses, though I don't mind some kind of pasta. I also like potatoes, any veriety really. A nice bread is good too," Sage slowly noticed he was describing exactly what was on his plate. He was more cultured than that, wasn't he? "Any kind of vegetable side dish is good, too," Sage said to mix it up a bit.

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Aug 7th, 2003, 03:10:24 AM
Digging out the last of his lobster with his fork, J'ktal nodded. "Good, I will make sure the Selak is ready tonight. Any last questions, or should we find a new topic for the rest of our meal? I believer there might have been a few other questions you had about me personally, or have we covered those?"

Sage Hazzard
Aug 8th, 2003, 12:26:20 AM
Sage thought it over.

"Not at the moment, no. How about you? Do you have any questions about myself?"

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Aug 8th, 2003, 12:31:02 AM
"How did you become a Jedi? What drove you to join this order?"

Sage Hazzard
Aug 9th, 2003, 12:28:16 AM
"My father," Sage quickly noticed how his words would be taken. "No, nothing like what you might be thinking. He didn't push me. Didn't have the chance. He died when I was ten. Killed. After that I went through some very bad decisions... Long story short, it made me see the Jedi were my place. I needed to start doing someone constructive with my life. I always wanted to be like father, too. That had a part in it."

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Aug 9th, 2003, 01:01:01 AM
"I see. My condolences to your father, it is hard for anyone to lose a parent when they are just a boy. I am thankful that both my mother anf father are still living today, though I speak with them less and less as time passes, it seems."

Sage Hazzard
Aug 9th, 2003, 01:54:40 AM
"That's to bad. I never really got to talk to my father at all. He was thoroughly commited to his work. Which, was a better thing than I thought at the time. He was a hero. I often switch between wishing he spent more time with me and knowing he shouldn't have, because hundreds would be worse off if he wasn't there to help."

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Aug 9th, 2003, 01:58:00 AM
"My parents and I were once very close, or at least close for being in training to be a Death-Shadow. But, after my wife and son died, we have drifted apart. I think my father secretly holds me accountable that I was not able to save them."

Sage Hazzard
Aug 9th, 2003, 02:08:41 AM
That was horrible. Though Sage knew if he passed judgement J'ktal would likely go into a speech about perfection and how he was at fault somehow. Which was total bantha dung, but he couldn't convince him of that yet, he knew, and didn't want to ruin the evening.

"Well, anything else you'd like to ask me?"

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Aug 9th, 2003, 02:14:06 AM
Laying his knife down, signalling that he was finally finished with his meal, J'ktal picked up his wineglass and held it while replying, "I do not believe so. Whatever else I should know about you will reveal itself in time."

Sage Hazzard
Aug 11th, 2003, 01:19:07 AM
Sage wasn't fully finished with his meal, but saw that J'ktal was.

"Would you like to find a new topic or retire until our trip tomorrow?"

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Aug 11th, 2003, 02:39:18 AM
In short time, J'ktal had managed to nearly clear his plate of the lobster, steak and baked postato he had ordered, all without having looked like he rushed, or sacrificing dinner conversation while doing so. The key was in the bite sizes, slightly larger than normal, but not so large that it would be obvious. Having more teeth and a larger mouth also helped.

Takind a draught of his wine, the mongoose carefully set his glass down and replied, "I believe we should leave some things to discuss on the journey. Just remember to pack all your essentials. Though my tailors are good, they will only be available once we reach my estate, and I highly doubt you would want to have to borrow undershorts with a hole in the back designed for a tail, should you not have packed enough for the journey there."

He had to grin, it was quite humorous, but the way in which he said it was so dry that if he didn't show some levity, Sage might mistake it for being snobbish.