PDA

View Full Version : Talking over a drink and cards (open)

Vynn Frost
Jun 1st, 2003, 09:47:36 PM
:: Vynn Frost trots into the bar with a slight smile. Waving the bartender down as he asks for a cold Jawa Juice and than takes a table after paying. He sits down and gets himself comfortable. Frost sits back, sipping at the red drink as he takes in the room. His blue eyes absorbing the room and everything in it. These places, hopefully places where he can open up possible informant placements.

All under cover. It would not be proper for an Imperial officer to be known with such a reputation but Vynn knew the system and it only frowned upon such behavior. That didn't slow him down much with the extra edge he might achieve through this.::

DarthHERA
Jun 2nd, 2003, 05:39:16 PM
Hera watched him from over the rim of her glass as she sat in a corner booth.

Another strange face in town.

It was odd how they found their way into her bar, tucked away as it was in the backwash of Enton. As indescript as a place could be, only those who sought it out diligently knew it had any connection whatever to ShadowFaene.

Sipping her rum, she remained disinterested. Long as he didn't make any trouble, his credits were as good as any ones, she supposed.

imported_Ezra
Jun 2nd, 2003, 06:01:54 PM
Sitting in his usual corner booth, Ezra nursed his Tylosian rum. Stirring the crushed ice filled orange liquid with a red plastic stick. He kept his eyes on the stranger without keeping them on the man. A trick he took too after watching the others for a time since his arrival.

The place was getting busier by the day, good for the intake of credits, bad for the secracy of the people who ran it. He sipped the smooth drink and sunk a little further down in the leather seating. Looking as if he was having just a tad bit more than he should.....even though it was all an act.

Vynn Frost
Jun 2nd, 2003, 11:20:55 PM
:: Vynn smiled as he continued his drink, suddenly looking as if he had forgotten something, Frost pulls out his datapad and starts checking over it. In the meantime he notices two people. The Imperial Academy had given him training in Intelligence areas and from the Sovereignty had he recieved... additional training in the Field Intelligence Operations. This was not an operation, but it was the same for his training.

The first being a woman. Just the fact, that out of Vynn's peripheral vision, her eyes had stayed on him for perhaps too long. No asumptions made, just a note of interest. His eyes never left the datapad.

The other was a man who was doing exactly what Vynn was doing. Usually the method was to notice the opposing side's... Intellegince officer, but Frost used it now to see the man taking in things just like he was. He had slumped, maybe drunk maybe not. Acting made so many possibilites unsure.

Vynn had chosen a table against the wall, he had no intentions of letting someone watch his back and him not know of it, he could see most of the room. Frost would've chosen a corner but that would be too strange for a first timer in the bar who was supposed to be just having a drink and maybe up for a game of cards.

Vynn was actually looking to make "friends." Not the kind he would call friends, but "friends." His smile left his face as Frost looked over more information on the datapad, though he wanted to smile a bit more at the last thought. The last bar he had visited on this planet had said his kind of "friends" could be found here. Information can be sold and bought, but you had to find the people to exchange it with first.::

DarthHERA
Jun 3rd, 2003, 10:34:28 PM
Hera swirled the rum about her glass slowly, thoughtfully, lifting her gaze now and then to keep tabs on the stranger.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 4th, 2003, 12:10:28 PM
A hand slapped down onto Vynn’s shoulder and a body fell into the seat beside him, arm lolling around his shoulder. Without making an attempt to hide the fact that he was trying to read what was on the data pad that Frost held, the Lupine leant forward and flashed a grin at his new ‘friend’ before looking back at the pad he held.

“Alright, mate. What’s that you’re reading there? Wouldn’t happen to be…”

A sudden laugh burst from his lips.

“Jedi Maidens Monthly?!”

His voice was so loud the whole bar heard – one half of the bar grinning, their being subscribers to the delightful magazine, the other (99.9% of the females) cringed, rolled their eyes and mentally red-flagged the man as being a no-go.

“Nice pick, mate, next time you should keep that sort of reading material to when you’re in your own company, eh?”

Vynn Frost
Jun 4th, 2003, 01:20:22 PM
:: Vynn looked up and smiled. Good one he thought. Yeah real nice, as he finished looking at the data files of his dead grand father, he snapped it shut and took his drink. As he stood, Frost "tripped", the jawa juice, made from mixing jawa blood and a few other alchoholic drinks, going all over the comedian's pants.::

Oh excuse me, I didn't know male lupines had periods. That'll make some good jokes.

:: Vynn walked over to the bar again, getting a shot of firebrandy before turning back to take a look. This was not a good way to aquaint himself with people here but Frost didn't care. It was most likely shot now from what the man had said anyways.::

DarthHERA
Jun 4th, 2003, 07:59:26 PM
A strong hand grabbed onto Vynn's shoulder and spun him about roughly.

By the force of it, Vynn would be forgiven for expecting to see some beefy bar thug.

Instead, he came nose to nose with the blond who earlier, had been eyeing him laconically from the corner booth.

Her peircing blue eyes narrowed and she snarled into the newcomers face.

"Tell me you didn't just deliberately toss your drink on my friend here now buddy, and maybe, maybe I will think about not cutting your belly open for you."

Hera's body bristled with force power, and as a slight glint caught his eye from the dagger held in Hera's hand,Vynn could see she meant business.

Vynn Frost
Jun 4th, 2003, 08:31:11 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about. It was an accident, I asked for him to excuse me.

:: Vynn wasn't smiling. His face stoic, this woman was serious and he didn't like it when people got angry over spilled milk. Vynn loosened his other hand, letting the switch vibroblade be barely seen that was now in his hand. He had no intention of using it. If she wanted to take it as a serious matter, accident or not. Vynn saw the situation equalized and over.

This was another matter. A snarl? She let her anger take more control than was necessary. And maybe? Would she really? Board games passed through my mind. Was it a check or a checkmate? How far did she have to go until she had me checkmated and I just hadn't seen it? I wanted to smile now... but under the circumstances.

Vynn's gloved hand came up and casually removed her hand from his shoulder as he drank a bit more of his glass and than slid it to the bartender. He was finished as far as he was concerned. If this was the way things went, Vynn wouldn't been surprised what would've happened if he had been like some people and just have stabbed the man who had made the previous joke.::

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 5th, 2003, 01:08:46 PM
A big childish smug grin covered Vega’s lips as he watched Hera uncoil and pounce onto the newcomer. As he brushed away some of the spilt Jawa juice, he couldn’t help but prickle with anticipation at the chance of finally seeing Hera tear into someone. So far all he’d seen was controlled anger, marred by an occasion scream, but there was a chance of some gutting tonight and it would certainly make for better entertain than what was already on offer!

imported_Ezra
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:18:41 PM
Ezra spat the swigg he took back into his glass at the appearance of Vega. He knew one day he would run into him at the SFF, but not so soon. His nose started to crinkle and he fought to control himself. He closed his eyes to try and calm himself at seeing his nemesis.

' Not now.....control Darkmere.... control.... dont insult Hera by starting a fight'

He thought to himself. Then he slightly turned his head to face the wall his booth was up against.

DarthHERA
Jun 7th, 2003, 07:19:09 PM
"An accident..." Hera parroted the stranger, nodding her head sagely.

"Round here...accidents get folks killed, if you get my meaning."

She smiled at Vynn, but there was no warmth in it. The grin was sweet, but the eyes were cold, hard.

"Now me...Im the forgiving type" a derisive snort from Vega and the sharp turning of Ezra's head in doubt, was ignored by Hera, but not lost on the stranger, "But not everyone is as easy-going as I am."

She ran her dagger down the length of Vynns arm that held the vibroblade. There was no force to the action and so the cold hard steel did no harm, but the gesture was enough to give any man with a witt of sense, pause. Hera was a killer, and she liked it. Her whole auro declared it.

"Some people...like my clumsy friend over here have killed for less. It would be a pity to get off on the wrong foot now, dont you agree?"

Hera resembled a cat with a mouse. She knew she could back up her veiled threats and quite enjoyed toying with danger as she was.

Vynn Frost
Jun 8th, 2003, 12:57:20 AM
:: Vynn's scar irritated him. That was about it. As far as he was concerned, he had never really forgiven someone for a mistake that made. He hadn't said spilling the drink on accident as an excuse, he had answered her question.::

It's always a pity to start off on the wrong foot.

:: This woman enjoyed wasting time with stupid games. Her friend, who she was so graciously proteting, had started it and if he couldn't deal with it by himself, there was something wrong. Her threats were serious but Vynn took the extra mile to not care. His hand still held the vibroblade in the hand, gripped but not intended to go anywhere but look nice.

Vynn couldn't help but think of a card game. Was it a bluff? What trump card did he have to keep a woman who required anger management off his back over something so small? If not everyone wasn't as easy going as she was... He would have liked to see other's reactions to such a situation.

Vynn's gloved hand came up again and moved the dagger away from his arm as he leaned against the bar. His face, still emotionless as he began to speak.::

Then why don't you join me over a drink since you're so forgiving and we'll start off on a better foot this time?

DarthHERA
Jun 15th, 2003, 11:17:55 PM
She allowed the dagger to be pushed aside, and let her hand drop to her side, the weapon held losely beside her.

"Well, that would all depend on Vega - after all, it was him you spilt the drink on - Id say its up to him wether you are welcome to stay or not"

Her eyes stayed on the stranger, looking him over brazenly. She could see Vega out her peripheral vision - he was smirking broadly, as usual. She waited for the Lupine to name his pleasure.