PDA

View Full Version : Old Hat (for Some) for Today's WTF is....

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 1st, 2003, 08:09:37 PM
http://www.asciimation.co.nz/beer/

Ahhh, it's probably been put up before, but it's way too cool not to link with the second WTF....

http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~arnesen/peltierbeer/

Sense I have a theme going today?

Evil Hobgoblin
Jun 1st, 2003, 08:26:37 PM
An Austrailian and beer is not a theme, it's a lifestyle. :lol

Moltar
Jun 1st, 2003, 09:27:12 PM
[Ruri]BAKA[/Ruri}

LOL!

So he made a homemade cooling device....

What else can I say?

Darth Viscera
Jun 1st, 2003, 10:46:50 PM
I had a model airplane that was powered by 2 jet engines (small ones of course). It was a Horten.

You know, he didn't have to build a whole jet engine to keep his beverage cool. He could have just gotten a big hollow cooler box made out of tough white styrafoam, packed the cooler box with frozen gel packs, and surrounded the beer with them. That's what we did when we needed a coke while we were flying Hortens out in the sun. The gel packs stay cool for a very very long time, but then they were the property of the Center for Prostate Cancer Disease Research (=military), so they probably cost a lot. They were meant to keep samples frozen during shipment, after all.

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Jun 1st, 2003, 10:58:01 PM
But.... that would have been normal.

I mean, come on, who else can brag about having a jet-powered beere cooler? Nobody I know. Man, that thing would be the envy of the neighborhood. I gotta try this sometime.

Darth Viscera
Jun 1st, 2003, 11:00:31 PM
Normal? Bah, it would have been normal to not use gel packs that go for $50 a pop as ice packs! (thanks taxpayers)

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 1st, 2003, 11:55:44 PM
Originally posted by Darth Viscera
I had a model airplane that was powered by 2 jet engines (small ones of course). It was a Horten.

You know, he didn't have to build a whole jet engine to keep his beverage cool. He could have just gotten a big hollow cooler box made out of tough white styrafoam, packed the cooler box with frozen gel packs, and surrounded the beer with them. That's what we did when we needed a coke while we were flying Hortens out in the sun. The gel packs stay cool for a very very long time, but then they were the property of the Center for Prostate Cancer Disease Research (=military), so they probably cost a lot. They were meant to keep samples frozen during shipment, after all.

You, laddie, have little idea of the true hacker ethic. To take things and put them to use in the most unexpected and new ways.

This is hacking int he literal sense of the term :D

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Jun 2nd, 2003, 12:13:12 AM
Okay, next I want to see a french fry cooker made out of computer parts and pieces from a car transmission.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 2nd, 2003, 12:27:56 AM
I wouldnt put it past some one to do it.

Figrin D'an
Jun 2nd, 2003, 12:50:03 AM
Mmmmmmm... transmission fries.... *drools*

Charley
Jun 2nd, 2003, 05:12:54 AM
Already, there are people removing their heat sinks and overclocking.