PDA

View Full Version : Yoda Wins best fight

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 1st, 2003, 09:17:34 AM
At the MTV awards of course here is the rest

You don't have to exist to get an MTV Movie Award.
Saturday's irreverent ceremony honored the little green Jedi, Yoda, for best fight scene from "Star Wars: Episode II_Attack of the Clones," while the raspy creep Gollum from "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" won for "virtual performance" and for best on screen team for its performance alongside human co-stars Elijah Wood and Sean Astin.

Yoda appeared on a giant screen to accept the honor and spoke in his signature circuitous manner.

"Hmmm ... grateful am I to this award receive. To win, I did not expect," he said. "Promise myself cry I would not."

He went on to thank supporters ranging from "Star Wars" creator George Lucas to Wookie Chewbacca, Vin Diesel, space monster Greedo and actor Steve Guttenberg.

The computer-animated Yoda became angry when music played him off the stage.

The full show will air June 5th. Visit the link above for more details.

That speech sounds hillarious can't wait to see it.

ReaperFett
Jun 1st, 2003, 12:29:02 PM
:lol

JMK
Jun 1st, 2003, 12:52:55 PM
That sounds hilarious! I need a link to that clip! :lol

Dae Jinn
Jun 1st, 2003, 12:54:24 PM
Why? They'll play it on Much a million times just like they do every year :p

The LOTR spoof they had last year was teh funneh. :lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 1st, 2003, 03:21:25 PM
:lol That rawks!

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 1st, 2003, 04:17:30 PM
I wonder if Oz did the voice? I hope he did it sounds really funny should be a great moment on the show.

Charley
Jun 1st, 2003, 07:40:59 PM
Yay...glad it won.

Dae Jinn
Jun 8th, 2003, 11:13:48 PM
Okay, I'm dredging up this thread, instead of creating a new one.

I thought the MTV Movie awards this year were fairly good, but not as good as previous ones. Justin and that..other guy weren't really funny, and I didn't like the Matrix spoof at the begining very much either. It took far to long to actually start the show.

I thought the musically acts could have been better (tatu?!? WTF! They only have one song!) I didn't like all the swearing either, it seemed unnecessary :\ And all the lame shameless plugging of the presenters next films. :rolleyes

Yoda's speech was great, really funny. Gollum's speech (even though it was laced with swears!:lol) was good as well. But it could have been better. Anyone else actually watch the entire thing? :lol

Jinn Fizz
Jun 9th, 2003, 06:58:34 AM
No, didn't see the whole show, but I did just happen to surf past MTV at the right time last night, when Yoda was about to receive his award. And it was very funny! :lol It sure sounded like Frank Oz doing the voice, too. :)

ReaperFett
Jun 9th, 2003, 08:17:12 AM
(tatu?!? WTF! They only have one song!)
Two songs and an album, as well as a Eurovision entry. Keep up ;)

Dae Jinn
Jun 9th, 2003, 09:26:35 AM
Oh sue me, we're not as interested in 14 year old Faux lesbians here in the Great White North as you Euro's are :p :lol

They only have one song that's been remotely popular here, and even that doesn't get much airplay. Oh wait, it gets like no airplay. :lol

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 9th, 2003, 11:13:57 AM
Theforce.net has a link to a movie file of it. it is hilarious.

BUFFJEDI
Jun 9th, 2003, 07:22:21 PM
Ah, another Doesn't matter because ALL award (all) show's are fixed to the hilt show. Agian my better judgement I tried to watch bit's and piece's of it Just for the chance to see yoda. What I saw of the show made me want to grab someone around the neck and scream Why GOD WHY!!!!!!!! first I'd like to know where in the heck anyone gets the gawl to say P Diddy is Hot ???? 2nd what's up with Dunst putting the DD kiss down the road?? Guess she jealous of a Decent looking girl stealing some thunder.3rd who in the heck is that nasty bum looking half buck ,or whatever his name is?? Man it takes no looks or talent to get famous.And last but not least GOLLUM winning for best Virtual or whatever they called it?? That so sucks. And his interview,that was so uncalled for I was disgusted. I hope in the next LOTR movie He falls into a pit of lava and dies. MAN I so hate main stream entertainment . I think I'll super glue my Michael Jackson CD back together .Atleast he has some talent to back up his freaky self.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 9th, 2003, 09:10:49 PM
LOL Buff I think you are on to something there about Gollum ;)