PDA

View Full Version : Okay so the reports of my demise were highly exaggerated

Taylor Millard
May 31st, 2003, 11:50:15 AM
Umm yeah, remember when I made the post about how I'd be gone a month?

Well I kinda lied.

Yes I am moving...yes my monitor is still broken...but I got a backup monitor at a garage sale (Yes it works I'm on it right now) so I'm back now.

Atleast until I move, which'll be in 2 weeks or so.

Of course...considering I 'borrowed' my roomies monitor for a week I technically never left...but either way...I'm still here.

Thank God it's the end of the month. :)

ReaperFett
May 31st, 2003, 11:57:05 AM
Oh no, you don't get out of it THAT easily. You said A MONTH. Go on, get out of here!

;)

Kelt Simoson
May 31st, 2003, 12:37:10 PM
*GASP* you lied?

Kueller
May 31st, 2003, 12:39:23 PM
Is that a chargeable offence? You don't think so? We'll see about that.

Hazz.

Taylor Millard
May 31st, 2003, 02:17:07 PM
Well I did only buy the monitor today.

Lord Soth
May 31st, 2003, 03:12:17 PM
Inconceivable!...

imported_Terran Starek
May 31st, 2003, 03:22:11 PM
Lie or not, it's good to see that you have things under control. :)

Garage sale monitor, huh? Make sure it's not CONSTRUCTED ENTIRELY OF SARS!

. . .

Ok, so that was my insensitive joke for the day. :p

Dae Jinn
May 31st, 2003, 03:23:24 PM
That was awful. That's like below a Fett-joke on the funny meter, Terran. :p

Good to see you...still around Taylor :)

ReaperFett
May 31st, 2003, 03:29:13 PM
Hey!

Darth Viscera
May 31st, 2003, 03:37:41 PM
There's some SARS here in Maryland too. A Canadian managed to escape and came over here and started rubbing himself against doorknobs and licking all the handles on car doors. I don't think you want to know what he did to the faucets in the public restrooms.

Dae Jinn
May 31st, 2003, 04:09:16 PM
:lol

SARS started in Asia, not Canada, so don't blame us :p

And, you know I love you and your humor Fett ;) :lol

Darth Viscera
May 31st, 2003, 08:08:56 PM
Missing a leg? Here, take these antibiotics. Clinical depression? Here, take these antibiotics. Infectious new disease? Here, take these antibiotics and take a trip to Maryland. I know that your health care up there is free, but you're getting ripped off.

Lion El' Jonson
Jun 1st, 2003, 10:20:45 AM
Originally posted by Darth Viscera
There's some SARS here in Maryland too. A Canadian managed to escape and came over here and started rubbing himself against doorknobs and licking all the handles on car doors. I don't think you want to know what he did to the faucets in the public restrooms.

Oh, that's fething wonderful. I'm going to take a nice vacation as far south as possible...maybe to Antarctica. At least there I don't have to worry about being licked by some crazy Canadian. :rolleyes

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jun 1st, 2003, 04:54:17 PM
I was almost a victiam of a run by licking awhile ago in Seattle. I was at UW for my sisters Volleyball Tourny, and an entire Canadian Team ran by licking everything. Now, I wouldn't really of minded, except they where all very very manish. So I ran for it.

Darth Viscera
Jun 1st, 2003, 10:19:15 PM
good lord! these escapee Canadians are a bloody menace!

Dae Jinn
Jun 1st, 2003, 10:19:46 PM
It's just like Americans to act this immature and insensitive! ;) :lol

Our healthcare system is actually pretty good; I'm glad I rarely have to take advantage of it, but it's ncie to have it there when you do get sick.

Darth Viscera
Jun 1st, 2003, 10:27:56 PM
Our healthcare system is actually pretty good

Come on now, gimme an example.

Dae Jinn
Jun 1st, 2003, 10:31:05 PM
I can go to the doctor whenever I want and I don't have to pay for it? :p I don't exactly know what's so different about the American system, since I don't live there. You just show them your OHIP card and see the doctor or whatever.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 1st, 2003, 10:34:10 PM
lmao at this hijack...the thought of Canadians running around like maniacs in the US licking things just cracks me up. :lol

:uhoh It isn't TRUE is it?! :eek

;)

Dae Jinn
Jun 1st, 2003, 10:37:46 PM
I'd only be licking hot American men :mischief But that's none of your business!!!

Actually, we know how dirty you Americans can be, we wouldn't lick you. We might get some other weird freaky disease. I mean, we already have SARS, West Nile and Mad Cow! Why would we want more!?!

Darth Viscera
Jun 1st, 2003, 10:56:49 PM
Originally posted by Dae Jinn
I can go to the doctor whenever I want and I don't have to pay for it? :p I don't exactly know what's so different about the American system, since I don't live there. You just show them your OHIP card and see the doctor or whatever.

Yeah, but what's the point if dozens of people go in to the doctor with SARS and come out in 5 minutes with a small bottle of antibiotics? The purpose of a medical facility is actually to cure people, not to make sure everything is free. Heck, there are tens of thousands of people down in USUHS right now in Bethesda in the uniforms of the U.S. military, and 0 military guys from Canada. Where are they all? Shouldn't they be researching medical stuff with all the other army and navy and air force guys? I mean, we have Canadians with their own offices on our aircraft carriers, why not in our huge medical complexes?

Dae Jinn
Jun 1st, 2003, 11:10:12 PM
o_O

I've lived here for 23 years, and it's not like that at all. There have been no SARS cases in the city where I live now (at least that I have heard about) Most are in Toronto.

There are screening processes when you go into a hospital or doctors office -- I know because I went to the hospital with my mum and brother, and there were no SARS cases reported in the town where they live.

If you go to a clinic, yes, they just check you out and give you a prescription. If you go to the doctor and you have something seriously wrong, you go and have tests. Then you have to go back and get checked if things aren't fine. If you have an emergency, you go to the ER. It's not any different from anywhere else. It just depends on what's wrong with you I guess. But I can only speak from personal experience.

And, I don't know much about the military at all, so I have no clue why there are no Canadians there. We usually joke about our military being 50 guys and a tug-boat :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 1st, 2003, 11:12:22 PM
Viscera is just trying to stir the pot, don't let him get to you Dae!! :)

Dae Jinn
Jun 1st, 2003, 11:34:24 PM
I'm just in a really crappy mood lately, so don't mind me.

I know LD, just like a yank to do that too!!! ;)

Darth Viscera
Jun 2nd, 2003, 12:51:56 AM
I was not attempting to stir any marijuana whatsoever, I just enjoy rambling. One thought leads to another, which leads to me inexorably expounding everything that's going through my head.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 2nd, 2003, 12:59:08 AM
Just be careful or a 'crazy Canadian' might inexorably expound something INTO your head...like a hammer. :p

Lion El' Jonson
Jun 2nd, 2003, 01:04:58 AM
....That'd be so random, though. Some crazy guy runs across the street licking the lampposts and door handles...

Wouldn't that be a bit...unusual? o_O

Sage Hazzard
Jun 2nd, 2003, 01:05:29 AM
Eh... Welcome back Taylor. :lol :)

Now that that's out of the way... Why don't you get those 50 guys to throw Viscera in the water and plow him over with a tug boat? ;) :)

Oh, and tell me more about these Canadians and their licking...

Dae Jinn
Jun 2nd, 2003, 01:20:29 AM
*licks Sage* ;)

We'd just hit you with hockey sticks or something stereotypical like that. Because, you know, we don't own 10 guns per hosuehold like you Yankees!

Honestly though, I don't have too much of a problem with the occassional Canadian joke; some people (not Visch tho) take it too far or are just plain rude and insulting. We're not all nice and polite, and as much as you'd like to think it, a lot of Canadians hate Americans with a passion.

Example -- my sister is dating an american. he asked me if I didn't know he was american, and we just started talking, if I could tell. I was like "YES!' He has that "We're the Greatest -- Canada sucks' attitude oozing from every pore. Plus he's rude and stupid, stereotypical yankee right there. :lol

BUT...not all Americans are like this, I know a lot of Americans from all over the States from Fans who are wonderful. Maybe I should write the Governot General and see if we can make you all honorary Canadian citizens ;)

Sage Hazzard
Jun 2nd, 2003, 01:27:48 AM
Hoo-ah! Free health care!!! I actually like Canada. From what I've heard of it anyway. Though I'd still have 10 guns per household!!... ::counts::... okay, well, three, but that's close! Don't forget my sledgehammers and axes. :D

Oh and, dammit, how many times do I have to tell you! Yankees are the North! :lol

Dae Jinn
Jun 2nd, 2003, 01:41:06 AM
You're all Yankees!!! :mneh

And I can't see how you can have 3 guns in your house. Why do you need 3? Unless they're for hunting, you don't need them, do you? Is it that dangerous in the states? :lol

Darth Viscera
Jun 2nd, 2003, 01:46:55 AM
Foreigners can be forgiven for callling all the Texans they can find "yankees", because they simply don't know no better. Canadians, though....well, you have no excuse.

My favorite yankee is JFK. He sounded so silly saying "Ish bin ein bee-linnah".

Telan Desaria
Jun 2nd, 2003, 06:59:50 AM
Is it legal to run around licking American men????

***makes phone cal to travel agent

Welcome back Taylor. Good to see you. You still have my telefon number and should call every thrice ina while. How am I to be kept abreast?????

Shanaria Fabool
Jun 2nd, 2003, 09:57:18 AM
*Runs into the room and Licks LD, Viscera,Telan, and Dyzm*

Weeeeeeeeeeeee!!! DABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABADABA!! :crack

Mitara Sinar
Jun 2nd, 2003, 10:01:33 AM
*backs away from Shanaria Slowly....*

Ummm.... don't worry..... not ALL Canadians are as crazy as Shanaria.

Dae Jinn
Jun 2nd, 2003, 01:57:43 PM
Originally posted by Telan Desaria
Is it legal to run around licking American men????

***makes phone cal to travel agent

Telan -- LMAO! Hey, we should make that into a road-trip ;) And lick men from across America. :lol

Visch -- We just call you all yankees because we can :p And I know how much those Southern boys love it! :lol

And wow, we have a lot more Canucks on the board now then I realised. :) :lol

Telan Desaria
Jun 2nd, 2003, 03:06:50 PM
*grin*

I'll bring our Mercedes, you bring the road mappe.

muwhahahahaha

Dae Jinn
Jun 2nd, 2003, 06:40:38 PM
:D Sounds great!

We'll be sure to stop and visit you guys if we're in the area. :lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 2nd, 2003, 07:00:31 PM
I can tell you where JonLB lives. :D

Telan Desaria
Jun 2nd, 2003, 07:02:57 PM
I have personally dined with the Madam Silancy and Admiral Millard. I have a rought idea where the Lord Viscera resides.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 2nd, 2003, 08:43:24 PM
personally dined? i thought we had pizza and beer and watched a movie.

oh wait, you didn't have a beer now did you; oh wait, you did, but you were a pansy and had half a sip :p

Dae Jinn
Jun 2nd, 2003, 09:10:12 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
I can tell you where JonLB lives. :D

He talked to me on IM a little while ago, it was...odd to say the least! He showed me his web-page that tells you all about him, with pictures!!! ;) :lol

Pierce Tondry
Jun 2nd, 2003, 09:19:48 PM
I'd think talk "at" would probably be more accurate phrasing... :)

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jun 2nd, 2003, 09:22:30 PM
:lol the page must have been huge considering he's his favorite topic....

Dae Jinn
Jun 2nd, 2003, 09:34:28 PM
He told me all about his money, and how famous he'll be. He wasn't rude, so niether was I. It wasn't that bad, except I felt like he was trying desperately to get me to like him and stuff.

Darth Viscera
Jun 3rd, 2003, 12:45:55 AM
If any of you tries to lick me, I swear to God I'll put on my cheese grater suit and start rubbing myself against you.

Well, unless you're s'Ilancy. :mischief

Dae Jinn
Jun 3rd, 2003, 12:52:04 AM
Ew. That reminds me of this show I saw on TVO about a dominatrix who used one....on certain clients :x

Darth Viscera
Jun 3rd, 2003, 12:56:48 AM
Bah, I'm not a dominatrix. I'd just be trying to kill you :)

Dae Jinn
Jun 3rd, 2003, 12:58:42 AM
:lol

Well, no offence, but I don't think you'd be on the licky list in the first place. :)

Darth Viscera
Jun 3rd, 2003, 01:05:19 AM
:cry

Dae Jinn
Jun 3rd, 2003, 01:12:44 AM
Uh...I like your avatar though! :)

Darth Viscera
Jun 3rd, 2003, 01:14:39 AM
I cry because I like-a de bloodlust :)

Lord Vali
Jun 3rd, 2003, 05:33:44 AM
I saw Visc's avatar.......in ink, in a sketchpad.......It was kinda, well, actually I just looked and turned the page...

BUT I SAW IT!!!!

Telan Desaria
Jun 3rd, 2003, 09:26:27 AM
I did not want to get drunk. I had a long trip ahead of me. And after all, it is un-chivalric for a gentleman to drink with a Lady.

But we did buy pizza. Very good, dominoes.

Dae Jinn
Jun 3rd, 2003, 11:17:46 AM
EW! Dominos' pizza here is disgusting :x Let's hope they actually know how to make it in the States. The only good thing from there is their cheesy bread. :lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 3rd, 2003, 01:13:39 PM
Dae some things don't change when you cross an invisible border. :x

Darth Viscera
Jun 3rd, 2003, 08:51:08 PM
Domino's Pizza quality is entirely dependant upon the mood they're in when they're making it. Sometimes you get a decent amount of toppings, and often you don't. I'm sorry, but if I order olives on my pizza, that doesn't mean I want 1.5 olives per slice.

That's my only beef with Dominos. They're too coked up on their own stupidity to give me my olives.