PDA

View Full Version : Eric Rudolph arrested

Jedi Master Carr
May 31st, 2003, 08:47:17 AM
He was finally found after like 5 years on the run

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030531/ap_on_re_us/eric_rudolph&cid=519&ncid=716

I am glad they found him he is a horrible person I hope he gets what he deserves in the courts now.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 1st, 2003, 10:32:01 AM
So does anybody else have an opinion on him? I hope he gets the death pentality the man was a menace I can't stand him because of his beliefs and his action. I still feel that their is more to it, that whole Christian Identity crap he belongs to could still have something to do with this, they are nothing but racists who despise the govt. We can just ignore these domestic terrorists.

Dae Jinn
Jun 1st, 2003, 02:59:50 PM
I dont know who this guy is...so....Maybe you can explain it to me? :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 1st, 2003, 04:19:19 PM
Oh well he was the one who blew up the bomb at the Olympics in 96 in Atlanta, he also did several other bombings between 97-98 he killed 2 people and injured hundreds he is a terrorist plain and simple though more the Timothy Mcgviegh type.

Dae Jinn
Jun 1st, 2003, 04:21:45 PM
Oh. Good thing they caught him then. :) Thanks for explaining.

Charley
Jun 1st, 2003, 07:37:57 PM
He is wanted for several bombings in my hometown. I hope they kill him.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 1st, 2003, 08:25:22 PM
I agree with your settiment, which I know is a shock :p I don't like Rudolph at all he is no better than any member of Al Quadia

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 1st, 2003, 08:48:53 PM
Has he been found guilty?

Until then, he deserves nothing but a fair trial. IF he's found guilty... hey, that's different

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 1st, 2003, 09:01:47 PM
I think he is guilty the evidence is very good, IMO I see a quick trial and then he will be put to death sometime down the road.

Charley
Jun 1st, 2003, 10:41:18 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
Has he been found guilty?

Until then, he deserves nothing but a fair trial. IF he's found guilty... hey, that's different

Um that goes without saying, so why mention it?

The guy who capped Brian didn't get his verdict for another 2 years. That didn't stop me from wanting him dead.

Telan Desaria
Jun 2nd, 2003, 03:53:34 PM
I do despise the American court system. If this man is irrefutably responsible for the Olympic bombings then there is no need to parade him before cameras and papers, allowing them to record his sentiments which may incite one or two others...

One or two more than there should be. Millions have died from one, remember that.

If the proof is beyond a doubt, there is nothing fair to the slain and crippled about a trial. There is no need to further embitter and pain those who survived and torment those who are not.

Torture him one week for every person who fell under his blade and three for each he injured. When all debt is repaid, execute him without mercy.

Violent, yes. Swift, no. A lesson and warning to those who dare fight an irregular war and prey upon civilians who are doing no more than saluting the flag of their birth.

Perhaps I am too Victorian in my thought, perhaps too Babylonian. Either way, being fair to a man who killed many is useless and hypocritical. If Geofferey Dahmer confessed to killing people and then ingesting them, there is no reason to try him. There is no reason to waste money. Did he confess? Is he guilty? Have people suffered? Then commence with the punishment, not lavish holding in an expensive prison with more amenities than those who are un criminal, poor, hungry, dying, destitute, and homeless.

My philosophy runs anethema to others, I know. I believe that the burden of knowledge is acceptable: put one innocent man in prison to assure that one thousand guilty men receive their due sentence. Am I willing to be that one? Yes. I have a sense of the Greater Good. Would I be willing to look into the eyes of my best friend and then send him to die" Yes, because it is easier than watching five hundred pairs of eyes beg for mercy as their flames are extinguished.

Such is the burden of command I bore. Such is the life I live. C'est la guerre.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 2nd, 2003, 04:50:45 PM
Wow.

Droo
Jun 2nd, 2003, 05:12:33 PM
(Salutes, gun at hip, bible in hand!)

Telan Desaria
Jun 2nd, 2003, 05:59:35 PM
OOC, I'm rather blunt. Would you have it any other way?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 2nd, 2003, 07:08:05 PM
Remind me not to get on your bad side. ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 2nd, 2003, 09:06:14 PM
I don't agree with that I like our system I don't want people just rushed off to death it reminds me of Soviet Union and Nazi Germany.

Telan Desaria
Jun 3rd, 2003, 09:12:11 AM
Not because of personal being, Carr, but because of criminal guilt. Imagine an Amerika without prisons. Those quilty of minor crimes are punished in perhaps one deserted island in the Carribean for the duration of their sentence. Those who have raped, murdered without honor, committed treason, incest, pedophilia, and other heinous acts would be executed immediately after the conclusion of their torturous apologies. Crime would drop drastically, I assure you.

Odin Murk
Jun 3rd, 2003, 09:33:35 AM
Even the police agree here in America, our system takes WAY too long. But this guy has had a death warrant signed on him for a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if he's in solitary confinement for his own good to protect him from the other inmates.

When there is irrefutable evidence like there is on Rudolph, I don't understand why he isn't just taken into an empty room with a drain in the middle of the floor and dealt with, its horrible yes but it happens, especially when people do bad things... that being an understatement for this guy and other terrorists.

I agree with Telan and a lot of people who have to deal with the system do also. A lot of people are just sitting in jail now eating up people's tax money cuz they aren't dealt with yet. These people could all be dealt with accordingly but than who am I to say that the government should be able to take one's life for a heinous act. It's just my opinion.

This kind of method doesn't make it Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union, it saves the bull crap of the system. If there was an actual case though that had a definite question in it, of course, spare the person until it has been discovered but sometimes there are those cases where you would think the man had a "shoot on sight" sign on his back and forehead.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 3rd, 2003, 12:12:29 PM
I am sorry that would just be the beginning I don't like that form of justice I like our system the way it is, it is the best way. What about people who are innocent? It does happen they are constantly finding people who didn't do it, those who got railroaded or bad evidence what ever that would just be wrong. Our system is set up that your innocent until proven guilty I like it that way. If you take that way we start going down a road of police state if you ask me, and I am completely against that and would never be for it.

Odin Murk
Jun 3rd, 2003, 12:59:04 PM
True, very true, Police state bad, but guilty people eating taxes worse cuz they're just waiting for a verdict is bad too

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 3rd, 2003, 01:10:17 PM
Well some of that has to do with different states. Also I would get rid of prosecuting drug users that would solve some of the log jam, I would do something else with them.

Telan Desaria
Jun 3rd, 2003, 05:12:32 PM
What about the guilt who are proven innocent? Will you be able to sleep at night knowing that because of double jeparody an admitted pedopkilistic murderer movedin next door?

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 3rd, 2003, 05:25:25 PM
Its better if 10 guilty men go free than one innocent man to go to jail, a famous Supreme court justice said that.

Telan Desaria
Jun 3rd, 2003, 06:32:53 PM
I know. That is why I reputed it earlierl. I would rather see one innocent man in jail than a hundred guilty on the streets?

Are you willing to entrust your child to a man who was repreived of a murder conviction due to a legal technicality???

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 3rd, 2003, 09:18:08 PM
Not if I am that innocent man in jail that would be unfair I didn't do anything but I get to rot in jail. I am willing to let a few guilty go free. Realize most guilty people go the jail the ones who don't usually have money (like OJ) get away with it.

Telan Desaria
Jun 4th, 2003, 04:35:47 PM
I would be willing knowing that I have been sacraficed to the greater good. No one lives longer than the martyrs.

Update - Eric Rudolf is pleading innocense.

Thug
Jun 4th, 2003, 05:07:31 PM
I would be willing to be sent to jail for something that I didn't do, just as long as I knew that alot more people that did the crimes would not slip through the cracks...

Telan Desaria
Jun 4th, 2003, 05:21:31 PM
That is the idea. Welcome to utopia, gentlemen, where one man can act selflessly and gallantly for the common good.

Thug
Jun 4th, 2003, 05:30:34 PM
I just hate the fact that anybody with money can get away with murder. I would love to see all the people that only got away because they had money, put in the slamer or killed.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 4th, 2003, 05:51:17 PM
But most people don't get away with it that is the fact only the rich and that is because they have the money to tie up the justice system.

Telan Desaria
Jun 4th, 2003, 05:57:06 PM
That is not true. Even the poor can get away with murder. It has happened more times than any of us would care to admit. Even if they are indicted and sentenced to death, the appeals last forever and stays are granted...people die of old age before being executed.

We must applaud the US state of Texas and the Country of Morocco for their swift and numerous SUCCESSFUL execution sentences.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 4th, 2003, 06:02:20 PM
What is wrong with that actually I think that is more punishment having to live in 3 by cell and for the rest of your life. What I would do is change prisons take away the TVS and stuff and only give them the bare minimum that would make them suffer.

Telan Desaria
Jun 4th, 2003, 06:07:33 PM
I agree there. But why waste the money. Perhaps a horrific death would teach them the lesson without wasting needed space.

Or perhaps the occupating and complete blockading of an island would serve the purpose, such as the French Victorian-era prison Papillion. I would recommend sending them there. Let them build their own society and brave the sharks that await them.

The quicker we end their time in this world, the quicker their Divine Judgement can rendered unto them in the next. I believe whatever punishment they receive there will be better and greater than any which we can mette out. So We should make it simple, arduous, horrific - many will get the message.

Pierce Tondry
Jun 4th, 2003, 06:46:08 PM
You cannot reverse an execution once carried out. Further, many death row inmates who were previously found to be guilty have their convictions overturned by DNA evidence. There was a major flap about it earlier this year, when one state governor pardoned all death row convictions.

When you kill more innocent than guilty is when justice has failed. There is no good reason for pushing a system that destroys the lives of those it is meant to save.

Telan Desaria
Jun 4th, 2003, 06:51:45 PM
Define innocent. Those that allow crim to happen? Those that do not committ crime? Those who stand idly by as a woman is raped, then finish walking their groceries home because they don't want to rish anything?

Only the middle group is truly innocent. And I agree that justice fails when the innocent are convicted. I am saying we should not discard a harsh system simply because one person falls through the cracks. If a hundred innocents must die so that a thousand of those that are guilty may no longer threaten order and peace, then it is a pirce that must be payed.

Pierce Tondry
Jun 4th, 2003, 07:02:35 PM
I am defining innocent in terms of not perpetrating a specific crime for which there was a trial and subsequent conviction.

Turn your proportion around for a second. Assume that it is the thousand innocents being put to death just to kill off 100 guilty. One thousand people with potential benefits to society killed just to get one-tenth their number of bad eggs.

The thing is, we just don't know which proportion is the more accurate. And without knowing, we might well be erring away from caution in our rush to get seeming criminals off the streets.

That is why a harsh system must be mitigated and watched, not allowed blatant free reign. Not every crime deserves death, and so death should not be meted out like candy.

Helios
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:30:43 AM
I am from said state who's governor commuted, not pardoned all Death Row inmates. I am also the nephew of an Assitant Warden of said states Super Max Security prison.

My uncle recalls stories of how these DNA absolved innocent men killed and raped others inside the prison and also admitted to the crime of which they were convicted, laughing about it as they recalled every gruesome detail.

I am not for the Death Penalty, by any means, its more expensive to execute a man than it is to keep one in a prison for life, if you make sure only their bare necessities are met and that is what I suggest. Cells just big enough for someone to lay down, a pad for them to sleep on, a toilet and one roll of TP a week, if they need more tough and bread and water to live off of.

Telan Desaria
Jun 5th, 2003, 02:58:02 PM
What crimes do you think do not deserve death? Here's the main question - why.

Executions cost much due to current methods. On a report I prepared for the Bundesgeneralstabs some time ago, The United States military paid 7 cents a bullet, its civilians 8. At point blank, corrections officers cannot miss.

Charley
Jun 5th, 2003, 03:00:40 PM
Where can I buy bullets for 8 cents apiece??? Tell me so I can buy a few thousand.

Telan Desaria
Jun 5th, 2003, 03:08:22 PM
I did not say buy. I said they cost that much. And if you buy en bulk directly from a manufacturing facility for specific quantity and guarantee your own delivery system at no expense to the company in question, you can.

Eluna Thals
Jun 5th, 2003, 04:31:33 PM
You said each entity pays that much, which isn't true. Never kid a kidder, especially one in the business school.

Telan Desaria
Jun 5th, 2003, 04:41:49 PM
Sorry. I meant to say cost. Again, I apologize for my still in the process of completely mastering English

Telan Desaria
Jun 5th, 2003, 04:42:05 PM
ps - love you're avatar. Need an Imperial job???

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 5th, 2003, 08:27:04 PM
Heck if you want to save money use the Guillioteen its fast painless and the cheapest form of Execution although the goriest as well.

Charley
Jun 5th, 2003, 08:58:31 PM
I prefer acid. More comedy.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:26:31 PM
Yeah but Acid cost more :p

Charley
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:32:13 PM
Pay more for comedy, and less for due process :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:35:27 PM
You forgot something you don't find bouncing heads funny :p

Charley
Jun 6th, 2003, 05:07:43 AM
Acid = more funny.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 6th, 2003, 02:34:48 PM
this thread = not funny

Charley
Jun 6th, 2003, 03:20:14 PM
I'm glad you're here to tell me that. Whatever would I do otherwise.

Droo
Jun 6th, 2003, 06:36:58 PM
Now, now, boys and girls. Play nicely.

I'm not going to reitterate my views on the ultimate hypocracy of capital punishment, they have been stressed, stetched and pounded enough in the past. As it is, my only hope is were it to ever be reintroduced into the Just Ice system that the first innocent executee will be a self-righteous blood-crier.

(Bows out of thread)

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 6th, 2003, 08:58:09 PM
This Thread- has completely gone off topic :p