PDA

View Full Version : Little Tricks (open spar)

Aaron Belargic
May 31st, 2003, 04:03:00 AM
Aaron sat cross-legged on the floor of the training academy. He had, for some time, been watching out of the small room’s window, where below in a courtyard two apprentices were sparring. The flashes of the sabers had kept him mesmerized for a good while now. When he looked away it was to his own saber, clipped to his belt. So rarely was it used now. He knew he would warm to it instantly on picking it up, but he felt as though if he did not use it for prolonged times he would become rusty and just then would be when he needed it, in that time of lax. Hopefully today he would be able to do a little combat training with one of the Knights or Masters.

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 3rd, 2003, 04:21:54 AM
"Hello Dasquian" I said, coming into the sparring room. "I have not seen you for some time. How are you?"

Aaron Belargic
Jun 3rd, 2003, 04:52:04 AM
The voice speaking snapped him out of his thoughts, and he turned to look over his shoulder at the one who had addressed Dasquian. A brief glance around and, of course, his brother was not present. Looking back towards the window, Aaron smiled to himself.

“I’m not Dasquian, ma’am. I’m his brother Aaron… and I’m quite alright, thank you.”

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 11th, 2003, 03:48:50 AM
I checked myself, then took a better look. My, they did look awfully alike!

"Are you really? I never knew Dasquian had a brother. Do you seek to be a Jedi like him?"

Aaron Belargic
Jun 11th, 2003, 04:14:34 AM
“I already am one, ma’am.”

Aaron pushed himself up to his feet, smiling as he turned around. For the first time he got a proper look at who was speaking to him, and couldn’t help but squint in curiosity at the presence of faintly pointed ears.

“Although I haven’t done any real training since I arrived at this Order, I do still have what I remember from my training with Dasquian and Master Yoda in the Republic to my name.”

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 11th, 2003, 04:32:42 AM
"Master Yoda?" I questioned. Looking over Aaron, I felt somewhat confused. "How is that possible? I thought Dasquian was younger than I am."

Aaron Belargic
Jun 11th, 2003, 04:36:48 AM
“… You know the whole story about the cryo-chambers and sleep,” he replied, a little reluctantly. However much he felt as though he was past worrying about it, it still depressed him to talk about the whole affair.

“It was a very long time ago when we originally began that mission, ma’am..”

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 11th, 2003, 04:43:54 AM
Ahhh. Well that explained that.

"I see. So, who is your Master here? And what did you come here for today?"

Aaron Belargic
Jun 11th, 2003, 04:55:34 AM
“I haven’t been assigned a Master here yet, that’s half of the reason I came here today – to learn a little, or at least get some practice so I don’t get rusty.”

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 11th, 2003, 05:01:25 AM
"Practice for which, might I ask?"

Aaron Belargic
Jun 11th, 2003, 05:07:35 AM
Palming his lightsaber hilt, he passed it from hand to hand.

“Saber skills, Force control, Healing…. Anything.”

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 11th, 2003, 05:10:13 AM
Looking at the sabre in his hand, I smiled slightly.

"Sabre, you say? Fancy matching blades with me?"

Aaron Belargic
Jun 16th, 2003, 05:37:21 AM
“Certainly,”

Aaron nodded and turned, taking a few paces away. He stretched both arms over his head for a moment before sweeping his saber-hand down, igniting the blade as he moved it The green blade hissed to life and he brought the hilt up into a two handed grip, turning back to face Helenias as she struck a defensive kata.

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 16th, 2003, 06:53:46 AM
My own sabre came to hand by mental command, the faded gold barrel looking decidedly second hand. It had been on my mind to repair my sabre, but for some reason I had never gotten around to it. As basic as a sabre could be it was, apart from the blood red blade that it emitted. It was pointed low and to the side, seemingly leaving myself open.

It was in my right hand - my left came up and gave Aaron a disticnt 'Bring it on' gesture.

Aaron Belargic
Jun 20th, 2003, 07:26:06 AM
Moving as commanded, Aaron took a few slow steps forward – just edging his feet so as to maintain his posture. Once he was within reach of Helenias he moved out forward quickly, leaning his weight to the side slightly as he swung out his saber in a horizontal half-arc slash.

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 22nd, 2003, 07:01:13 AM
A fairly basic move in an opening. One handed I parried, quite fast. With a roll and a twist of my wrist, the reply was a flick aimed to trim Aaron's eyebrows.

Aaron Belargic
Jun 27th, 2003, 02:40:41 AM
The blade hilt was brought into two hands to parry this move, as Aaron clasped it close to his chest – rebounding Helen’s saber off of it with a hiss. To follow this through he brought the beam out to the side, still in two hands, and swung around into a semi-arc, angling the saber tip at cutting against the Knight’s shins.

Helenias Evenstar
Jul 1st, 2003, 03:23:35 AM
Now the right time to do this - for some reason Padawans and Sith liked to kick when there was a sabre in the path of attack. With Belgaric's blade heading low, I leapt up and twisted, one of my feet streaking at his temple. I continued the twist to land, to my surprise, slightly off balance.

It was slight, but being as trained a fighter as I was, I could feel the difference in the centre of gravity. I'd have to adjust.

Aaron Belargic
Jul 3rd, 2003, 02:19:38 AM
(OOC: I’m assuming that when she landed with a twist she was slightly sideways :))

The boot connecting with his head, Aaron snapped backwards and stumbled, almost falling, before catching himself. Everything went a little blurry for a moment as his eyes adjusted to regain focus, before he moved back in – he had to try and make use of any weakness or lapse, and now it seemed Helenias was ever so slightly at ill-ease.

He brought the butt of his saber up and, stepping to the side, moved to crack it down against her back.

Helenias Evenstar
Jul 6th, 2003, 01:38:41 AM
Trying to find my footwork didn't mean my pre-cognitive abilities were dimmed - I ducked and rolled away, flinging my lightsabre at Aaaron's legs as I rolled. Ugh, that didnt feel plesant against my stomach at all.

Were the changes to my body starting already? Nothing felt right to me.

Aaron Belargic
Jul 7th, 2003, 09:41:39 AM
A small jump lifted Aaron narrowly over the humming blade, and he returned to the ground with saber coming down from over head – although perhaps with not as much force as could have been used (he was sensing something odd that was drawing his attention away slightly).

Helenias Evenstar
Jul 8th, 2003, 07:13:56 AM
Again, I rolled away, much faster this time now I was adjusting to the changes. Up I came to my feet, mentally recalling the bright red blade back to my hand. Now it was my turn to attack, just as the sabre landed back in my hand I swept in fast, a controlled swing for the head.

Aaron Belargic
Jul 11th, 2003, 12:22:12 PM
Aaron bent his knees, lowering his head out of range as his own orange blade came to meet with Helenias’ saber, pushing it upwards as he himself jumped up into the air – aiming a snap kick at the Jedi Knight’s chest.

Helenias Evenstar
Jul 15th, 2003, 02:12:39 AM
One thing I was always willing to do was to take a kick or a punch front on if it lead to a chance to enact a finishing move. One handed, I swung the sabre up, then around and down in an arc even as the kick hit me - back foot anchored to stop me from being forced backwards.

But there really wasn't much he could do after that as the sabre blade was now coming up and around, switching off just when it would cut him in half in a real fight. Right where he would be coming down.

Aaron Belargic
Jul 23rd, 2003, 04:17:12 AM
Aaron had fallen into a nasty trap and tried a desperate move of throw a Force push down at Helenias' saber to knock the beam aside before he landed straddle upon it!

Helenias Evenstar
Jul 24th, 2003, 05:05:03 AM
I stepped back, sabre off in my hand, a wry grin caused by the pain of the kick.

"Master Belgaric, one moment please"

I turned and coughed, winded. after a few moments, I had my breath back.

"Not something I would do in a melee" I stated, sabre coming back on. "But, take that lesson to heart. When your in the air, you are basically a sitting bantha. I've seen that mistake far too often - I would tell you that a airborne kick is a finishing move, when you want to make sure your opponent stays down. Firstly tho, you must make sure they can't defend. While a flying kick is impressive and often works against opponents, it's only going to lead to trouble for you if your opponent is skilled enough to use it against you. Understand?"

I toned my voice so it was not a lecture, but instead, advice.

"And dont be too bothered, I caught a Jedi Master out similarly not long ago"

Aaron Belargic
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:24:48 AM
Aaron had a little extra color in his cheeks now.

“Thanks for the advice,” he laughed, glad that he was still in one piece.

“And for the spar,” he added, offering out a hand.

Helenias Evenstar
Aug 5th, 2003, 06:49:17 AM
"Thank you too" I said, smiling. "If the doctors knew I was sparring, they would have a fit, I suspect. But a girl has to work out now and then"