PDA

View Full Version : Picture of Olmos as Commander Adama

Cylon Centurion
May 30th, 2003, 12:41:15 PM
http://www.galactica2003.net/characters/adama.htm

The new costumes are different and remind me of B5. Olmos is a very talented actor and I am sure he will do a superb job like his predecessor Lorne Greene.

Mu Satach
May 30th, 2003, 04:57:00 PM
looks a bit Babylon 5ish

Taylor Millard
May 30th, 2003, 06:07:33 PM
Very much Babylon 5-ish.

But not a bad costume to model after either.

Cylon Centurion
May 30th, 2003, 06:25:52 PM
The costumes are designed by Deborah Everton and she did a pretty good job. I do like them but they are different. Gone are the old 70s costumes.

Mu Satach
May 30th, 2003, 06:37:12 PM
Ah yes... I always wanted one of those brown jackets.

Cylon Centurion
May 30th, 2003, 06:43:35 PM
More on what's new and different but still the same. The old Cylon will be in it.

http://www.galactica2003.net/articles/index.htm

Galactica Mixes Old And New

May 30, 2003 - Galactica Mixes Old And New - Sci Fi Wire - A recent visit to the set of the upcoming SCI FI Channel original miniseries Battlestar Galactica revealed that the "reimagined" show will mix design elements from the original 1970s TV series with new designs. The miniseries is currently shooting on soundstages in Vancouver, B.C.

The new Galactica's Vipers are essentially identical to the original's. But the miniseries will also introduce a new ship, the Raptor. Built for reconnaissance, not combat, the Raptor looks like a bulkier version of the Viper, bristling with antennas and sensors. The fighter pilot helmets will lose their Egyptian influence and be more streamlined.

The Colonial coins ("cubits"), on the other hand, are modeled on the original series' props.

As for the Cylons? Whatever new form those killer robots will take is being kept under wraps. But an actual Cylon costume from the original series will make an appearance—in a museum case. Battlestar Galactica visual special effects supervisor Gary Hutzel told SCI FI Wire that this old-style Cylon has been renamed "the harbinger of doom" and will be on display as an example of what the Cylons looked like in the past. Battlestar Galactica will debut in December.

Dae Jinn
May 30th, 2003, 07:17:30 PM
:lol

It looks like he has rubber boots on!!!

Lilaena De'Ville
May 30th, 2003, 07:32:36 PM
*ahem* I'm not a mod of this forum, but pics are to be hosted on your own space, or be links only. As you have them now that is called "bandwidth theft" and we do not allow that at swfans.

Jinn Fizz
May 30th, 2003, 07:33:45 PM
I have to agree that the uniforms look like the ones on Babylon 5, and I will miss the old uniforms. I thought they were incredibly cool, and I always liked how the guys got the clunky boots with the buckles on the sides but the women always had the sleek boots with heels. :lol

As for the Cylons...I hope they don't screw that one up and create something completely different. But perhaps having the original Cylon in the museum display is a sign that they'll be remembering their roots and trying not to deviate all that much.

As long as the Cylons still have the cool red light bouncing back and forth.... ;)

Cylon Centurion
May 30th, 2003, 08:06:10 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
*ahem* I'm not a mod of this forum, but pics are to be hosted on your own space, or be links only. As you have them now that is called "bandwidth theft" and we do not allow that at swfans.
Lilaena, what is bandwidth theft? I am not familiar with the term.

Dae Jinn
May 30th, 2003, 08:09:14 PM
Meaning, you're putting up a picture that isn't your own (from your own website/webspace) onto Fans. By posting images, and not just having them as links, you're "stealing" them from the original site because you don't have permission to use them.

I think, correct me if I'm wrong LD.

Cylon Centurion
May 30th, 2003, 08:10:26 PM
Originally posted by Jinn Fizz
As long as the Cylons still have the cool red light bouncing back and forth.... ;)

The creator of the new Cylons said that the red light will be there. This is answer to the question:

-What was the concept behind the new designs?

The general mandate from the producers was that the new Cylons look meaner and less like a "man in a suit". However, getting the right balance of elements proved to be tricky as those that are normally associated with evil can easily look cartoony when applied to real life. In any case, I constantly strove to make the Cylons look as believable as possible.

The original designs also had a rather blunt feel to them, as if the armor was carved out in blocks. Now we have introduced a more streamlined look, as if the robots were trying to emulate human anatomy.

In keeping with their "hive" theme, the new Cylons are also somewhat more insect-like in looks.

Link to his interview:
http://www.galactica2003.net/articles/chu050703.htm

Cylon Centurion
May 30th, 2003, 08:13:36 PM
Originally posted by Dae Jinn
Meaning, you're putting up a picture that isn't your own (from your own website/webspace) onto Fans. By posting images, and not just having them as links, you're "stealing" them from the original site because you don't have permission to use them.

I think, correct me if I'm wrong LD.
Ok... I took down the images and left the links. Thanks for educating me on Bandwidth Theft.

Figrin D'an
May 30th, 2003, 08:24:18 PM
It's considered bandwidth theft because by directly linking to a picture on another site, you're effectively stealing a certain amount of computing cycle resources from that person, whom has to pay for bandwidth to host his/her website.

Think of it like this.... your neighbor runs an extension cord over to your outlet to run his refrigerator. While it is convenient for him, you have to pay for the electricity that he is stealing from you.

That's why bandwidth theft is not cool. You can post the pic if you like, but you must either host it on your own webspace, or post an http link to it.

Cylon Centurion
May 30th, 2003, 08:26:43 PM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an
It's considered bandwidth theft because by directly linking to a picture on another site, you effectively stealing a certain amount of computing cycle resouces from that person, whom has to pay for bandwidth to host his/her website.

Think of it like this.... your neighbor runs an extension cord over to your outlet to run his own refrigerator. While it is convenient for him, you have to pay for the electricity that he is stealing from you.

That's why bandwidth theft is not cool. You can post the pic if you like, but you must either host it on your own webspace, or post an http link to it.
I do appreciate the clarification. So the bandwidth theft would be to the owner of SWFANS.NET or Galactica2003.net?

Figrin D'an
May 30th, 2003, 08:29:43 PM
Originally posted by Cylon Centurion
I do appreciate the clarification. So the bandwidth theft would be to the owner of SWFANS.NET or Galactica2003.net?

SWFans.net would be stealing bandwidth from Galactica2003.net, which is where that pic was originally posted I assume.

Cylon Centurion
May 30th, 2003, 08:30:55 PM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an
SWFans.net would be stealing bandwidth from Galactica2003.net, which is where that pic was originally posted I assume.
Thanks Figrin D'an for the clarification.