PDA

View Full Version : Webhosts?

imported_Taja Loraan
May 30th, 2003, 09:14:04 AM
I'm having a lot of trouble with my current webhost -- apparently it was hijacked and is now under new ownership, and the site's been suffering downtime for like the past month or so. Does anybody here know of any other (CHEAP) host that I can pay for monthly? Not for much, just some package offering something around 100-200Mb of space and 5Gb of bandwidth per month (but with options so I can switch to a package offering more space and bandwidth if needed). So... help?

Oh, and yeah: something that accepts direct credit card payments and won't have me go through PayPal first, because I haven't had much luck with that at all. |I

Khendon Sevon
May 30th, 2003, 08:47:02 PM
this doesn't fully fit your description, you still have to use paypal, but I think they're setting up a credit card merchant account or something, they're the guys I use and love:

www.rnahosting.net

imported_Grev Drasen
May 30th, 2003, 09:00:31 PM
http://www.idirectweb.com

If you decide on using them message me on AIM first and I may be able to get you a discount.

Marcus Telcontar
May 30th, 2003, 09:25:29 PM
I'm nearly in a position to offer something very much like this.

Stay tuned.

imported_Taja Loraan
Jun 7th, 2003, 10:18:54 AM
Originally posted by Khendon Sevon
this doesn't fully fit your description, you still have to use paypal, but I think they're setting up a credit card merchant account or something, they're the guys I use and love:

www.rnahosting.net

Wow, that's really good... although the method of payment kinda ruins it. I registered an account with PayPal in March and instead of receiving the confirmation thing 4 days afterwards, I got it 2 months later. It's not very reliable for non-US residents. But still, it's the best I've seen so far, so... any idea when they'll be allowing direct credit card payments?

Originally posted by Grev Drasen
http://www.idirectweb.com

If you decide on using them message me on AIM first and I may be able to get you a discount.

Aight, I'll talk to you about that soon.

Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
I'm nearly in a position to offer something very much like this.

Stay tuned.

Any idea when? Not meaning to sound impatient or anything, but my current webhost seems to be down like everyday and their website is frelled (they were hijacked or something recently, which makes it all the more risky cuz of the credit card stuffs)... and on top of that, my FTP client won't let me login to it. I'm desperate. :\

ReaperFett
Jun 7th, 2003, 02:40:55 PM
Taj, I need to find one soon myself. If I see a good one, I'll tell you :)

imported_Taja Loraan
Jun 7th, 2003, 09:33:16 PM
Tank ya much, I'd really appreciate it. :)

Pilot Akito
Jun 9th, 2003, 09:46:20 PM
*bump*

I'd like some information on this too, but for more of a professional site.

Dove
Jun 9th, 2003, 11:04:23 PM
well, I use www.9online.fr, which gives you 100mb of space and is free. The only obstacle is that it's a french service, so you have to fake an address in France, and even then, sometimes your files are mysteriously deleted.

Lord Soth
Jun 9th, 2003, 11:13:34 PM
Holy Moly Dove..You got it going on girl!...lol

O.O

>.<

O.O

imported_Ezra
Jun 9th, 2003, 11:18:29 PM
Soth.....ay, Soth.......can we bite that one? :mischief

(they never let us bite anyone)

Lord Soth
Jun 9th, 2003, 11:22:30 PM
You know it EZ...Hey Dove, you wanna get Vampified? ;)

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jun 10th, 2003, 01:07:09 AM
*nudges the boys* um, hate to break to ya but that's Hart.....

Lord Soth
Jun 10th, 2003, 01:14:34 AM
Look's at Sorreessa with an eye brow arched

"Huh,...What you talk'en about Willis?"

Pushes EZ toward's Dove...I think its a DUDE bro!...Tilt, tilt! lol

imported_Ezra
Jun 10th, 2003, 01:19:27 AM
Sorr, are you saying what we think you're sayin? or better yet....what youre thinking of saying is not what you're saying to make us think differently??

*falls forward* Ack!! DUDE!!

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jun 10th, 2003, 01:56:58 AM
:lol what I'm saying is "you got Male!" :lol

imported_Ezra
Jun 10th, 2003, 02:53:38 AM
*hides behind Sorr*:eek

Kariss
Jun 10th, 2003, 08:40:59 AM
*crosses arms and smirks towards Ez and Soth*

I use homestead for everything. I haven't looked at their pricing plans in awhile, so, I 'm not aware of what it costs (since I pay yearly).

Hope you find something! :D

Lord Soth
Jun 10th, 2003, 12:18:01 PM
Looks over to Kariss ;)

"Now there's a pretty Mama..." Slap's EZ on the back, then Soth run's an index finger across his neck in a cutting motion.

"Dude, your sooo busted!":lol

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 10th, 2003, 12:23:15 PM
Thread hijacked, le sigh.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jun 10th, 2003, 08:31:17 PM
:lol I'm curious about free hosting honestly, boomspeed is kicking the bucket lately....as long as it has remote hosting, I'm good, oh yeah and free, yes....:lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 11th, 2003, 01:30:13 AM
Please refrain from further hijacks. Thank you.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jun 11th, 2003, 01:33:39 AM
*points to the Vamps* they did it! I corrected them then got it back on track 0:)

again, does anyone know of any free hosting with remote hosting allowed?

imported_Taja Loraan
Jun 11th, 2003, 03:13:51 AM
http://members.roadfly.com ?

I think that's good for what you want.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jun 11th, 2003, 08:20:01 PM
seems to work...neato....:crack :crack