PDA

View Full Version : Using your illusion (Lady Vader)

Maxim Vasilijev
May 29th, 2003, 05:24:49 PM
Once again, he found himself in her chambers, yet another question waiting for his master.

He'd just returned from a trip - a trip where he'd run into a friend from the university. And it was on this trip, trying to get his friend out of a bad situation that he'd realized a skill he wanted to learn.

He had half a feeling that his master would tell him it was something that knights learned....but it was worth trying, he figured.

And once they were both settled, he launched into his question.

"The force can be used to create illusions, right?"

Lady Vader
May 30th, 2003, 02:53:55 PM
*LV nodded her head.*

It can indeed be used for illusions.

I myself have used such a tool in the past when fighting Jedi.

*A certain Jedi. She knew of one that was unprotected from illusions, and she had more than once used it against him.*

Maxim Vasilijev
Jun 3rd, 2003, 03:04:44 PM
“I want to learn how to do it, then.” He replied.

Maxim was stubborn, and likely his master knew this by now. But more than that, he was intelligent and he was determined, and if it wasn’t Lady Vader that taught him, he would find another way. Somehow.

It was a dangerous combination, really. And she was wise to keep close tabs on him as she did. One with that much anger, one that caught on quickly as to how to use it would end up on one of two paths – greatness or self destruction.

Lady Vader
Jun 4th, 2003, 01:50:14 PM
Well...

*She thought a moment.*

Making illusions isn't the easiest ability to aquire. Some are naturals at it, while others never master it at all.

*She looked at Maxim, raising an eyebrow.*

It's usually an ability taught or self-taught after one has become a Knight...

*She smiled.*

But it's never to early to start studying the techniques of such an ability.

Maxim Vasilijev
Jun 5th, 2003, 02:01:26 PM
At the mention of it being something knights usually attained he'd raised an eyebrow, as if to say, 'you tell me this every single time I ask about something'.

"Well, Im going to be a natural." He replied instead, full of confidence that he would figure this out. At some point.

He grinned after this, to let him know that he wasnt being entirely cocky. He did realize it wasnt going to be easy.

"How do you know when one is being used on you?" He asked, wanting all of the details.

Lady Vader
Jun 5th, 2003, 04:42:10 PM
The Force tells you.

*She smiled.*

This is why it is hard for those that are not naturals to this ability. Even I am not a complete expert on illusions, and I could be fooled for a few seconds before I realized what was happening.

*She shrugged.*

It's more of an instinct or sixth sense that informs you of when someone is using an illusion on you.

Maxim Vasilijev
Jun 9th, 2003, 06:50:48 AM
It's more of an instinct or sixth sense that informs you of when someone is using an illusion on you

Maxim nodded slowly, taking this piece of information in.

“So…when I realize its an illusion, does it just fade away as if it had never been there, or is it something I’d have to actively work to make go away?”

He’d never had this sort of trick pulled on him, and was rather curious about it. He wanted to be prepared.

“Is it possible to know its an illusion, but still be confused by it?”

Lady Vader
Jun 12th, 2003, 03:10:49 PM
When the illusion is realized, it does not fade away. You have to work at counteracting it. Kinda of like a negative/positive reaction.

*Maxim seemed to contimplate this before asking his next question.*

“Is it possible to know its an illusion, but still be confused by it?”

*At that moment, Iesis meandered in through the door and came to sit between Maxim and LV, staring at Maxim.*

Yes, it is most definitely possible. That's why one must work on the technique of counteracting it.

*At that moment, Iesis let out an ugly snarl and lunged for Maxim, thick, sharp claws outstretched for the young man's throat and chest. Maxim's eyes went wide and he was about to utter what could have been a scream, but the minute the claws "touched" his chest, the vision of the large cat disappeared.*

*A second glance revealed the real Iesis comfortably snoozing beside LV's chair.*

Maxim Vasilijev
Jun 16th, 2003, 02:40:26 PM
Maxim could curse like the worst of smugglers. And he did when he saw the enormous cat lunging for him.

He now sat there, his heart pounding almost literally in his throat as he stared at the rather content catr sleeping as if not a thing had occurred.

“How am I supposed to ever be able to figure something like that out?” He half demanded, clearly feeling rather embarrassed by having been fooled (as he considered it) so easily.

“There wasn’t any sixth sense telling me I wasn’t about to get mauled…” He added, somewhat accusingly, referring to the fact that she'd told him a sort of sixth sense would let him know.

Lady Vader
Jun 17th, 2003, 04:34:55 PM
That's because you let your fear take control.

*She leaned forward.*

Using the Force is about control. Control of your emotions; fear, anger, happiness, etc. If you don't have control of those factors, THEY will control you, and thus make you lose your full hold on the Force.

Maxim Vasilijev
Jun 18th, 2003, 02:15:03 PM
He released a deep sigh and leaned back in his seat, slouching into the cushions.

“You’re trying to tell me I shouldn’t have felt any fear in what I saw?” He asked.

“I mean, I know I was supposed to feel fear, but how am I supposed to control something that’s that much of a gut reaction?”

He looked somewhat defeated at this point, but the firmly set scowl on his face gave indication that he had not truly given up. He would learn to master and control his fear if need be, it just seemed like a very daunting task. And it would certainly put a cramp in advancing as quickly as he wanted.

Lady Vader
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:39:04 PM
It's a skill learned after some time, Maxim.

It doesn't happen from one day to the next.

That's why we TRAIN.

Maxim Vasilijev
Jun 24th, 2003, 03:06:40 PM
He sighed.

"I know.." He replied, his tone of voice not altogether disrespectful, but certainly taking the annoyed tone a child would take with their parents.

"Its not that easy you know." He added a moment later.

"You already know all this stuff...."

Lady Vader
Jul 30th, 2003, 01:10:56 PM
Yes, but I, too, had to start somewhere.

*She smiled.*

Don't be discouraged, Maxim. The time will come when you will be able to master this power and so much more.

I have forseen it.

Maxim Vasilijev
Aug 4th, 2003, 12:18:22 PM
He snorted at the suggestion that she’d had to start somewhere. He couldn’t picture her ever having had to start anywhere near the beginning.

Don't be discouraged, Maxim. The time will come when you will be able to master this power and so much more. I have forseen it.

He took his saber from his belt and turned it over and over in the palm of his hand. For a moment he stared down at it, deep in thought before he looked back to his master.

“Will you tell me what you’ve foreseen?”

Lady Vader
Sep 2nd, 2003, 11:32:34 AM
*LV looked to the side a moment, before looking back at him.*

It's not like a holovid where I see exactly what happens. They are more like visions of what may happen.

Nothing is written in stone.

She took a breath and continued.*

What I HAVE seen is that your powers will grow to be strong and you will master all that you wish to master. You have the knowledge, the tools, and the ambition.

I have foreseen you as a Sith Master.