PDA

View Full Version : Questions

Aleona Quinn
May 29th, 2003, 03:23:01 PM
OK, I've got a slight problem with my character. I used to RP her at TC and EZBoard. I had gotten to a point with her where she was a Shadow Jedi. And yes, I know Shadow Jedi don't exist here. That's why I've got a slight problem. I do not know how to classify her now. She's had training in both the Lightside and Darkside of the Force (No, I'm not saying she's a Knight or Master in either. Just she's had training) So, I'm wondering if anybody has any imput on this matter so I can continue RPing Aley.

Marcus Telcontar
May 29th, 2003, 03:42:31 PM
Dark Jedi. That's what you are.

Nupraptor
May 29th, 2003, 04:37:53 PM
Except that Dark Jedi do not use both the Light Side and Dark Side of the Force. As far as I'm concerned, that would be impossible. It is, in fact, very akin to cheating. You cannot uphold the ideals of peace, harmony and embracing life while killing, maiming and lusting for power.

Marcus Telcontar
May 29th, 2003, 04:55:30 PM
Most Force moves are Side neutral. I think people should realise that - its the intent is where side comes into it. Is it Selfish or Unselfish? is my basic test.

The basic "okay, I'm not sure what I want to be" limits your power. To be true Dark or Light, you have to be committed. Adn it all comes to intent.

So AFAIK, if your trying to do both, then your weak, but if your knwoingly using the dark Side, there only one way your going. That's why I said Dark Jedi. A weak one at best for now. You can only hope to get powerful with commitment to either Side. In the middle, it's called fence sitting and splinters are painful

Dae Jinn
May 29th, 2003, 06:21:45 PM
I'd say pick a side. Stuff you do other boards doesn't really count for much here (unless you have proof in writing...oh wait, deja vu :rolleyes), so maybe deciding which side of the Force you prefer would be best.

Aleona Quinn
May 29th, 2003, 08:05:44 PM
I'm agreeable to her being weak until she has chosen a specific side to be on. I'd choose right now, but I want to develop her character a bit more to work out some of the few remaining rough edges on her personality. After that's done, then ya, I'm going to choose a side to be on.

Navaria Tarkin
May 29th, 2003, 08:37:33 PM
little thing to let you know ... masking swearing is a no no... since your new you get the friendly warning :p

Welcome to swfans :D :lol

Developing your character and getting a feel for her is a good idea btw :thumbup

Charley
May 29th, 2003, 08:53:08 PM
Next time, you'll get the unfriendly warning*

*me

Marcus Telcontar
May 29th, 2003, 08:55:33 PM
It's unfriendly cause his breath stinks.

Charley
May 29th, 2003, 08:59:22 PM
Do you think someone who is thorough enough to starch his undershirts would let a thing like halitosis escape his control?

Lets end this hijack on a pragmatic note.

Nathanial K'cansce
May 29th, 2003, 09:04:10 PM
Most Force moves are Side neutral. I think people should realise that - its the intent is where side comes into it. Is it Selfish or Unselfish? is my basic test.

Yes! Exactly! W00t! I actually agree with Marcus on a subject matter. :lol

Aleona Quinn
May 30th, 2003, 09:50:50 AM
Sorry about the masking. Sometimes I can't express myself without finding a way around swearing. I didn't know that masking it completely was a no-no, but this is my first time trying so for future reference, I won't be doing that. I'll just use alternate words which will probably just get me funny looks.

And thanx Nav, but I'm not overly new *feels guilty about trying to mask the swearing. Especially since she's not knew, only new with this nic*

But I now know for future reference that masking is a no-no, and I've edited my post to remove it.