PDA

View Full Version : Crossing the Rubico (open)

Írimë Aranel Lúinwë
May 29th, 2003, 12:42:15 PM
It was easy to find a place to camp in the underlevels of Coruscant. One simply had to seek out an abandoned building, or an old lot (usually littered with unspeakable trash), which were scattered everywhere on the planet. It was what the gypsies did, when they came to a new place, and in a matter of hours a thriving city of nomads was established. And just as quickly as they had come, they could dissasemble and dissapear.

Írimë Lúinwë looked at her brother sadly, as he hoisted a ramshackle pack onto his broad shoulders. From under his long dark locks, Yori's eyes bore a reluctance. He turned to her and tried to smile.

"Well. I guess naw we leave. You are sure--"

Írimë nodded, swallowing hard. She pushed her shoulders back and sauntered over to him with a swagger of confidence that was faked. Rubbing his cheek softly she nodded again to reconfirm the first.

"I'll be fine. It's time I try and find out who I am."

Yori nodded and turned to go, heading towards where a great crowd of ragamuffin-esque people stood. Putting a hand on his shoulder, Írimë stopped him gently. She stood on her tip-toes and kissed his cheek, looking at him tenderly. Though they had only known each other for a short time, and were not truly related, she looked upon him in all regards as a brother.

"Aa' lasser en lle coia orn n' omenta gurtha."

He started to walk away. Yori didn't understand what the words meant, but he knew they were in farewell. He understood his sister better than most.

"Aa' menle nauva calen ar' ta hwesta e' ale'quenle."

As the People walked away, heading towards a docking bay to seek out some form of transport to their next destination, Írimë took a breath and wiped her eyes. It bothered the stubborn woman to show such emotion, it hardly seemed fitting for a person of her standing. With one last glance over her shoulder, Írimë tucked her cropped black hair behind one elongated ear and sighed.

"Goodbye."

A small cafe housed her now, and Írimë sat with her belongings beneath her, cupping a mug of tea in her hands. The warmth soothed the chapped and worn skin and chased away the chill from the cooling air. The recognition had come reluctantly and it made Írimë irritated to accept it.

She was lonely. Never once in her life since joining in with Yori and his family, had she felt lonely. And now, when she tried to go and find herself, tried to see if she had a family, Írimë found herself with such a feeling of emptiness that it was hard to swallow.

With a sigh the tall and slender woman slumped her head onto the table, pushing her tea to the edge of the table. It was going to be a long, long night.