PDA

View Full Version : Starting Over: A Talk (Marcus)

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 28th, 2003, 12:29:26 PM
*Natia was dressed in her normal blue dress. A teenager about 14 years old. In one hand is a walking stick. When a person looks at her, they just see a girl who is just walking around. Nothing of her harsh past shows itself to anyone, except perhaps to a Lorrdian. She's from a colony planet inhabited by Lorrdians. She knows their kinetic communications which enables her to read ppls body language to a point where she can have a complete conversation with another Lorrdian and nobody would be the wiser.

Her mainly black hair is tied back in a braid, but the white lock is tucked behind one of her ears. Over her shoulders is her cloak, the hood down, allowing her face to be visible to all.

What would catch ppl off guard is the snowy owl perched on her shoulder. That is an unusual sight here on Coruscant. If anybody has been watching her for awhile, they would know that the owl goes with her everywhere she goes. Including into stores and restuarants.

She's walking slowly down the street, looking into shops which are closing for a few hours so the workers can get some rest and spend time with their families. As she's walking, her lightsaber gently taps against her leg in time with her step.

Every now and then, she gets a look on her face, one which may tell others that she's a lost soul. She knows full well where she is right now, but she doesn't know where she's going in life. In life, she is lost.

She spends a bit of time together with her friends, but for the most part, she sits on a ledge to a building, looking out over Coruscant. For her family and friends, she's keeping herself to Coruscant. She's caused them enough worry in the past, she doesn't want to cause them anymore. But deep down, she knows that she's going to cause them more worry. That is just a way of life. For all she knows, they may be worried about her this very instant.

Sometimes she thinks to herself, that if only she could walk far enough, then she would find her way in life.

Marcus Telcontar
May 28th, 2003, 06:05:40 PM
Violence was a way of life, an means to an end. Not that something he reveled in or actually really liked. The evening before had seen him involved at a shootout, stopping a hijacking gang in their tracks. The Coruscant Underground werre beginning to get the message there was some sort of shadow out to get them.

A very nasty shadow with rail guns and a sword.

He yawned as he sat down in the sunlight in the open square, an untidy man with untidy travelling clothes. The night had been pretty rough still and he was tired, but not ready to get some sleep. The guns had been put away, but the sword was still at his side, partially covered by the tattered cloak that also covered his head. All that could be seen of that face was the square jaw and the stubbly chin.

"Not a bad time for a smoke.... what do you think?"

The answering meow from a black cat at his feet made him grin.

"Sure. Go on then"

The cat scampered off to find it's breakfast. He leaned back, pipe in hand, letting the sun relax weary muscles. The pipe was in hand and a few minutes later, smoke was coming from it and the Jedi Warlord sat back in thought and weariness.

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 29th, 2003, 09:56:09 AM
*Natia upon her wanderings came across a man who was smoking a pipe. Getting bored of just walking around with her owl, Poledra, on her shoulder, she makes her way over to the man and sits down next to him*

What brings you the need to smoke??

*Natia questions slightly as she looks the man over. Something about him seems familiar to her, but she's not sure what*

Marcus Telcontar
May 29th, 2003, 05:57:01 PM
He was admittedly nearly asleep. The sun was doing it's work and he was pretty drowsy, relaxed. stiil, he was awake enough to realise someone had come close, unvinited, next to hiim. Even more so, they even asked a question!

Marcus gave the young woman a glance, wondering if he should just tell her to shove off or....

I know this girl. I've never met her I'm sure, but I know her. Xazor...?

The Life Bond Father and Daughter shared often came in handy. This time, it was quick and the answer bought a bit of a smile to the weatherbeaten face. There'll be no telling someone to shove off today.

"Aye, well you see, it helps me think and focus. And it's also rather plesant to sit in the sun and soak up the heat after a long night. It's also good to smoke while talking. I've never seen a person whom would somke in one moment then attack you the next. It's like a symbol of friendship"

He paused, puffed out more smoke before continuing in a much softer and very oddly accented voice.

"Come Miss Dawnstrider. Take a seat with me. Or is it Elessar now, like your mother?"

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 30th, 2003, 10:09:15 AM
Well, as long as you like it, that's what counts.

*Natia looks at Poledra for a moment, and then nods up to a lamp post. With that done, Poledra lifts up into the air and lands on the indicated lamp post.

Natia looks at Marcus and looks him over*

I go by both right now, though I'm thinking of going with Elessar if that's alright with my Mother.

Now, I've got another question for you, how do you know me??

Marcus Telcontar
May 30th, 2003, 07:35:38 PM
Even if his face was impassive iunder that hood, a mental debate statrted up - that ended surprisingly fast. One of his hands reached up and pushed the hood back, exposing his face to the sunlight.

"Your mother told me about you. Xazor and I talk a lot and the subject of family does come up now and then. But I guess that's right when a girl is talking to her father about things that concern her own daughter, is it not?"

"The name is Marcus Elessar" he added. "Hail thee and well met"

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 31st, 2003, 10:48:01 AM
*Natia nods her head slightly. That would explain why he seem familiar. He's family through Xazor*

Pleased to meet you. Do you mind if I call you Grandpa?? If you do mind, I won't, but, well, family means alot to me. I may have been mean to Mother in my past by not letting her know where I had gone, but she does mean alot to me. I never knew my real Mother. She was killed by my real Father shortly after I was born.

I never really had what I could call a real family until Mother adopted me.

*Natia thinks to herself that perhaps Marcus here could help her out slightly. She feels awful about how she treated her Mother when she left the GJO and went with Taja to start learning the Dark Arts. But since her visit to her home world, she's been out of sorts about herself. She's not even sure of who she is anymore, especially since her blonde hair turned black with the white lock, and her ice blue eyes turned brown. She's not even sure of how that happened other then it did happen*

I know that we basically just met, but I'm wondering if you might be willing to help me out. Mainly, I want to let Mother know that I'm truly sorry for what happened when I left. I mean, I left without even saying good-bye, and I didn't contact her at all while I was gone and then I just showed up again, and well, I feel awful about not letting Mother what was going on when I left. I know I should have, but I didn't. And well, I don't know how to let Mother know that I'm sorry about the way I treated her. I never got a chance to learn how to treat family when I was younger.

*Natia thinks back to when she first met her Mother. She took an instant liking to her. She also didn't like adult males either*

Marcus Telcontar
May 31st, 2003, 10:44:58 PM
Grandpa. Ha. He'ld never thought he would get to the day when someone would call him that. Never really thought he'd have a daughter, even if she was adopted. Actually he had two - Xazor and Jina Jade.

"Grandpa, heh? Allright, if you wish. It's amusing that one of your now Aunt is about ten years younger than you are. Dont know how I managed it, but I have another daughter by adoption. Jina. Hopefully you can meet her soon"

"and I will say your family now, Natia. In my 115 years, I've never had anyone to call father or mother. I dont know whom mine are. Thence, family is important to me, even if they are adopted and not of blood. Of course I will help. Isn't that what family is for?"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 1st, 2003, 09:21:30 AM
*Natia smiles when Marcus agrees to let her call him Grandpa*

I think I may have already met Jina. It was awhile back and I'm not to sure.

As for what family is for, I'm still trying to learn that. I can't really go off of the example my Father gave me, because well, what he did to me when he was alive, is still hindering me today. Hence the walking stick. Well that and what my legal guardian did to me.

*Natia sighs slightly as she thinks of the big mess that she has made of her own life. A mess she's wishing she didn't have*

How can I show Mother that I'm sorry for what I did?? How can I prove to her that I want her in my life??

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 2nd, 2003, 01:52:24 AM
"Mmm? Met Jina before? about 5, red hair? Probably with a tall dark haired woman with pinted ears? If so yeah, that's her. "

He cut a glance at Natia - dark haired herself, with the frosted streak through her hair. Rather a pretty girl. It seems the Elessar women are all blessed with beauty. The thought drew him to his Lady Evenstar - wondering what she was doing. He had to admit, he missed his wife terribly.

"I guess," he continued, no hint at what was going through his mind "the only way to say sorry and to prove what you want is by your actions. I'm a believer in that - words mean nothing, but whom you are and what you are are definded by what you do. If you want my advice, I can give it."

He took a puff on the pipe, thinking for a few seconds.

"Your last question, has the simplest answer. Calling yourself an Elessar will be ample evidence in my mind you want to be in her life"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 2nd, 2003, 08:04:10 AM
*Natia listens carefully*

I'm always open to advise. Without asking for advice, you could end up lost in the current of life.

*Natia thinks to herself that even with advice, you could still end up lost in life*

Then I shall start by getting myself in the habit of just calling myself Elessar.

*Natia lets her mind wander back to when Xazor first adopted her. She absolutely hated adult males then. But she had a good weapon against them. Her crutches which she has thankfully been able to put away. Even then, she was lost. Her real family was dead or not even in her life.

She grabs a hold of a black lock of her hair and looks at it for a moment. Back when she was first adopted, her hair was blond. Almost as golden as a sun. But not now.

She has spent many nights laying awake thinking. What's worse though is she's mildly afraid to goto sleep due to her nightmares. Nightmares that date back to just after she killed her real Father. She closes her eyes for a moment and takes a deep breath, wishing that she could forget that day*

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 3rd, 2003, 05:45:48 AM
"Aye, but it depends on the advice. Bad advic will lead you into greater trouble"

He stops talking, because he can sense the trouble on her mind. She wasn't at peace with something.

"You need to think carefully around me" he said, looking at his pipe, "I'm a Jedi Master of a resonable amount of skill. I can sense you have things on your mind. Don't worry, your family so I wont pry. I wont blame you if you dont really want to talk - we have only just met after all. So, be free to speak your mind, or not until you can trust me. Just.... never lie. I'll know. Even if we dont like it, your mother and I are always honest to each other."

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 3rd, 2003, 12:56:09 PM
I'm just thinking back to my past. To something which I did before I even met Mother. Before I even started to learn to use the Force.

*Natia frowns slightly as thoughts of her real Father came to mind. All the things that he had done to her, and what she did to him in the end. As she's thinking of these things, her anger level does start to rise slowly*

I'm troubled every night after I fall asleep. I have nightmares about my real Father. Of how I killed him when I was only four. And of how I enjoyed being in control of his life then. I didn't know what I was doing, just that I was causing my Father harm instead of him causing me harm. I was using the Force to choke him. I know that now, but I didn't know how I was doing it then.

*Natia figures that she can speak her thoughts to Marcus. He hasn't given her any indications that she can't trust him*

I just wish that I could make the nightmares stop.

*Natia takes a slow and deep breath, forcing herself to calm down*

I've been told by several ppl that the reason why I keep having the nightmares is because I need to learn to forgive my Father. I don't even want to remember him. I have no desire to remember all the times that he beat me. I don't even want to remember the fact that he used to do experiments on me.

*Natia is telling Marcus, things that she hasn't told her Mother yet, but she is planning on telling her when the time is right*

If I'm injured I would much rather deal with my injury on my own then go to a med bay. Heck, I can't even walk properly without having a piece of metal in my ankles to replace a bone that my Father removed in each or them.

I never had a normal childhood. I didn't have a childhood.

*Natia takes another deep breath, forcing her body to act as if she is not being bothered by anything, a skill that she has mastered over the years*

I just want to be a normal person. I want to live with my family, and I just want the normal problems of a teenager. I don't want to be haunted by my past. I don't want to deal with anything that a normal teenager doesn't have to deal with.

*Natia doesn't mind if a person can tell if something is bothering her or not. That way she doesn't have to hide things which she normally would hide from ppl*

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 4th, 2003, 05:34:01 AM
He listened quietly, just letting her speak her turn until the words ran out.

"Well, I'll be honest with you Natia - I dont have easy answers. I'm not one for blathering the latest self help and useless crap the nut-house guys sprout. I dont say things just to please the ear. I mean, I could... but that's just empty nonsense then, isn't it? I tell though, I can understand what your saying - I think Xazor will too. We've had something similar in our pasts. We all have things we want to put behind us"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 4th, 2003, 12:19:02 PM
*Natia nods her head, a slight smile on her face as Marcus says that he's not one for blathering the latest self help and usless crap the nut house guys sprout*

But how do you put things behind you?? I just want to be a normal teenager. I don't want my past interferring with me, but I know that it always will because I will never be able to walk when I am tired without help. I may loose all my memories, but I will still need help walking when I'm tired.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 4th, 2003, 04:42:52 PM
"I put things behind me by making good for it. Hard as it might seem to believe, I think the Galaxy owes me now, even after the things I did as a Sith. Plus.... maybe I did things wrong. Well, that was the past - what I'm doing now is what counts. The past to me is over and I cant change it. I can however change my present and my future. As long as I have my feet on the right path, I can sleep at night. Also helps I have others to help me and supoort me. Maybe you have reminders of the past... but when you are reminded, think of the future. When your tired, your going to have beings who love and support you reaching out to help."

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 4th, 2003, 05:34:45 PM
*Natia smiles. She's happy that she decided to come over and sit down to talk with Marcus. If she hadn't, she wouldn't have found out that he's her Grandpa, and she also wouldn't be able to talk to him about things that have been bothering her*

I'll try to remember that. Now, I've got another slight thing that I've been thinking about, but haven't had the courage to ask anybody yet. Perhaps now would be a good time.

*Natia takes a deep breath before continuing*

Hyperthetically speaking, what would I have to do if, say, I wanted to join the GJO again.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 5th, 2003, 12:25:36 AM
"Just ask me, really"

He was enjoying this talk. Natia was quite a nice young lady.

"I'm one of the founders. However, the Jedi arent vindictive, they would welcome you back"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:55:12 AM
And say, I wasn't able to follow the Jedi code completely. What then??

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 6th, 2003, 02:57:29 AM
"I can't say what you will do. The Jedi would say there is no other way"

For all it looked like, Marcus was just staring outwards at nothing. His eyes intense, pipe in hand. However it didnt mean he wasn't saying something.

They say that in the times gone past, there were those who could not agree with the Jedi traditions - all of them were high ranking Jedi when they resigned their commissions. There were twenty of them - the Lost Twenty they were called. Grevious their loss to the order were. Twenty Jedi in the whole history of the Jedi Order before the Empire. If you can't live by the Jedi's way, the what then can be answered by a search.

Seek out The Lost Jedi. Don't ask anyone else of this except for Xazor. She will tell you where The Lost are

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 6th, 2003, 10:29:40 AM
*Natia nods her head at what Marcus says. The Lost Jedi. That is something new to her. Ask Xazor. Her Mother will know. For awhile she says nothing. She just thinks over what she was told, but she knows that she will ask her Mother*

Do you mind if I do something??

*Natia asks softly, though she doesn't say what*

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 6th, 2003, 09:50:12 PM
What is it you wish to do?

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 7th, 2003, 11:15:28 AM
A hug.

*Natia just says those to words quietly, since this is not something that she's used to asking for, or even getting for that matter*

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 7th, 2003, 04:50:21 PM
Of all the things he was expecting she would ask for... this wasn't one of them.

But it was certainly something he was pleased with.

"Sure you sure you can trust me?" he asked, the smiel growing on his weatherbeaten face., the tone on his voice making it clear he was joking. he tone changed, reverting back to the more serious sft and oddly accented tone "Certainly. It's not everyday you talk to your granddaughter for the first time"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 8th, 2003, 10:45:04 AM
If I couldn't trust you, I wouldn't ask. And besides, you're family and family for the most part I've learned, means that you can trust them. A real family that is. My real Father wasn't real famly to me. You and Mother are.

*Natia says this quite matter of factly, but then she smiles and gives Marcus a hug. He is right about one thing. It's not every day that you get to talk to your Grandfather for the first time*

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 9th, 2003, 05:11:38 AM
"Aye, that be true lass"

They hugged - Grandfather and Grandduaghter. A bond between them now.

"I live not far from here - feel like some breakfast?"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 9th, 2003, 07:37:29 AM
*Natia smiles at the suggestion of breakfast*

I'd love some Grandpa.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 10th, 2003, 08:41:09 AM
"Allright"

He stood, turned and whistled - and a moment later Stig bounded into view. The cat had a mouse in it's mouth, which it placed onto the ground.

"Mew?"

"Yes, back to Dexter's Stig - and you see the owl there? Keep your eyes off it"

Two yellow eyes turned to stare at the bird, then turned away. The cat picked up the mouse, ready to follw Big Cat, as it thought of Marcus. Clearly it was able to understand the Numeniorian - in turn, Marcus clearly could understand the cat. "Useful skill" he commented, leading the way to Dexter's, "Any cat is under my control or understanding, if I wish. Cizerack included. Birds I'm not quite so good with - their minds arent quite fixed enough. Their attention can be changed too fast for my liking. I can do it, but not as well. Stig here, he's my little spy. He can get places I cant and go unseen. Plus, who would expect a cat?"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 10th, 2003, 11:23:32 AM
*Natia stands up, a slight smile on her face*

I would expect a cat. Especially if it doesn't ..........

*Natia stops saying what she was as she looks up at Poledra and whistles. After she's whistled, Poledra jumps off of the light and flys over to Natia and lands on the walking stick*

I have a cat roaming around where I'm staying right now. But truthfully, I prefer owls. They can get a better over all view.

I've learned over the years that I'm able to understand animals and birds and that they can understand me in return. But I still have to concentrate on it though. But not so much with Pol here. She's been with me long enough that we can understand each other with ease.

*Natia smiles fondly at Poledra before looking back at her Grandpa. She walks beside her Marcus as he leads the way*

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 10th, 2003, 07:14:52 PM
"Agreed. The skill gets better the more you use one particular animal - and an owl. Slower of thought and steadier.... I never honesty thought of that."

He continued to walk, his long legs stretching out to cover the distance between here and the Diner.

"So, it else do you know of the Force Natia? Anything in particular?"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 11th, 2003, 07:50:16 AM
I know a fair bit about the Darkside since I've trained more on that then the Lightside. But I'm best at dealing with animals and hiding in shadows. But I'm still alright at a variety of other things as well, though nothing specific.

*Natia reaches down with one hand and picks up the skirt of her dress slightly, raising it a bit so she can take slightly longer strides so she can keep up with her Grandpa*

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 11th, 2003, 08:39:13 PM
"Most the darkside / Lightside is pretty similar. It's how you use it that makes the difference. There are mutually exclusive things, but they are mainly to do with emotions - love, hate, sadness, gladness, fear, anger.... emotions are powerful things. I personally believe that's where a lot of Jedi go wrong - they quell their emotions, seem to think a lack of emotions is what leads to calm and peace. It is true a peaceful and calm mind is of advantage as a Jedi, but then again, it is also the same to a Dark sider. Some of the best Sith have been cold blooded and unemotional. What a Jedi does is control their emotion and not let it take control of them"

He strode, with the cat now jogging to keep up.

"There's also the time and place for emotions too. directed right, they are powerful things. Worngly used.... destructive. If there is one thing a Jedi can be summed up as, it's control of yourself. A Dark sider... I guess their focus is more outward, so they are control of others. A Jedi is unselfish - a Dark sider Selfish totally"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 11th, 2003, 08:45:02 PM
*Natia glances down at the cat, who is having to jog to keep up with Marcus*

Grandpa, I don't mean to be rude or anything, but do you think you could slow down slightly so I can have an easier time keeping up with you.

*Natia, having been up all night, has no wish to push her luck this morning since she's starting to get on the tired side. The time when she is most likely to injure herself*

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 12th, 2003, 05:59:53 AM
"Hmmm?"

Then it clicked. Stick, Natia....

"Oh my" he said coming to a stop. "Please accept my apologies. I didn't realise. You can take hold of my arm and lean on me if that will help - at the least, I shall walk slower for you. I afraid there is much we have to learn of each other" he added with a lop sided grin.

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 12th, 2003, 07:40:34 AM
*Natia comes to a stop beside Marcus, happy that he has stopped and is willing to go slower for her*

It's common for ppl to not realise that my walking stick is here to help me out when I need it instead of just being a perch for Poledra.

I should be fine with just my walking stick, but if I do start to have major problems, then I'll take you up on your offer. I've made alot of progress over the years. When I first met Mother, I was on crutches, but I've undergone several operations to get it so that I don't need crutches anymore, though if I get really tired and sore, then I can't go anywhere without major help.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 12th, 2003, 06:13:39 PM
"You should meet a friend of mine then, if you need medical help. It's an illegal medical droid, but the best damn surgeon I've ever seen. If a droid can be called insane, Gronk is a loony. But, your mother and I have trusted over lives to it before - and I would do so again"

He started off at a much slower pace.

"I often wonder how that droid got it's programming. It's obsessed with credits and if you pay it, it can almost perform miricles. It's nearly as good as a Jedi Healer. Have you ever thought of trying that, Jedi Healing?"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 13th, 2003, 07:52:47 AM
*Natia starts walking again beside Marcus, finding it easier now that it's a slower pace*

I've tried all sorts of different types of healing. Including seeing a Jedi Healer. And this is all that I've been able to get healed. I no longer need crutches, and if ppl are moving at a pace that I can move at, they can't tell that I've suffered serious injuries in my past. Unless I'm tired and hurting, then it's easier to tell.

But quite truthfully, I wish to never ever be in another med bay. My Father liked to experiment with me. One of the successful ones is he got it so that I could remember things alot clearer then most ppl. He wanted me to remember all the beatings he gave me.

*Natia looks down at the ground, a slight frown on her face for a moment before she looks up at Poledra and then to Marcus*

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 15th, 2003, 01:28:11 AM
"My God, that's sick" Marcus said, making his feelings known on that. "How can a father ever do such a thing? I dont know much about children, but I do know you should love and protect. Just why would anything think about doing such things?"

He shook his head, then looked up at the sky.

"Lets switch subjects. It's too nice a day to be discussing things like that."

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 15th, 2003, 09:37:11 AM
Before going onto another subject, I'll answer your question. A Father can do things like that when he has no feelings for his children other than how much money he can get for them when he sells them.

But that is the past, this is the present, and tomorrow is the future. I can do nothing to change the past, so I must work on today to make my future happy.

*Natia looks up at the sky and smiles. It is indeed a beautiful day. It is beautiful for more then just the weather. But also because she is getting along so well with her Grandfather*

So, what do you think about having at least one grandchild??

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 15th, 2003, 05:45:02 PM
He mulled over the truth in her words

But that is the past, this is the present, and tomorrow is the future. I can do nothing to change the past, so I must work on today to make my future happy.

Truth.

"I think... I am rather liking it. Especially having one with her head screwed on right and sees things as they are. I diont suffer fools easily and I am glad that in your case, I wont have to" He glanced at the young lady. "I think Lady Evenstar will like you. You have the same no nonsense approach to lfe"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 16th, 2003, 08:03:38 AM
*Natia smiles, glad that Marcus likes her. With the things she's endured, she hasn't been into dealing nonsense, or being a fool, though she has made some pretty big mistakes which she is trying to correct now*

If you don't mind me asking, who's Lady Evenstar??

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 16th, 2003, 07:17:04 PM
A rather wistful smile was on Marcus' face.

"Lady Evenstar is one of the most beautiful beings you will ever meet. She is Xazor's mother. And my wife"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 17th, 2003, 08:12:40 AM
*Natia smiles, her thoughts wander briefly to the fact that it seems like her family is growing by the second. She never should have disappeared like she did for so long. Then this would all be known to her*

And a person you really care about and love. So if she's Mother's Mother, then that would make her my Grandmother wouldn't it.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 17th, 2003, 08:25:52 PM
"Yes, but dont call her that to her face - I suspect she will be uncomfortable with it. Helenias is a warrior and a proud one. But, you never know... she may well allow it"

The building up ahead was beginning to resolve to the four story building that was Dex's Diner. Stig, sensign he was near home took of, made a left hand turn before a road, then dived down a drainway.

"He's gone to alert Dex I'm close" said Marcus. You'll like this palce I think - it's my home away from home"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 18th, 2003, 07:57:06 AM
*Natia nods. She'll have to get permission to call Helenais Grandma, and if she says no, then something will be worked out*

I hope I like it.

*Natia comes to a stop though and makes a funny face while she's stopped since her legs are starting to complain rather loudly to her. She hasn't had enough rest lately to be able to continue without stumbling and falling, though she doesn't want to show the injured side of her more then she has to. Taking a deep breath she starts walking again, focusing on just one step at a time. She makes it perhaps a half dozen steps more before she stumbles and falls to the ground even though she's using the walking stick for help*

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 19th, 2003, 05:15:07 PM
His hands are moving before he has time to think, catching Natia before she can fall to the ground.

"Hey whoa there.... you need a hand? I can carry you if you can't go much further. It's not far, you can see the place from here"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 19th, 2003, 07:02:59 PM
*Natia smiles up at Marcus as he catches her as she's falling, though he can see in her eyes that she's hurting*

I think I'll take you up on your offer for a bit of help. I would rather not be carried. No offense to you or anything, but I've always liked to go places under my own power.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 19th, 2003, 07:07:27 PM
"Then lean on me then, if you wish. I dont really mind"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 19th, 2003, 07:18:41 PM
*Natia smiles and nods her head slightly as she gets her feet underneith herself again and leans on Marcus while in the hand on the opposite side of Marcus is her walking stick with a very flustered snow owl who hoots unhappily at being flung around like she had been*

Hush Pol, you know that happens from time to time. And yes, I know you don't like it and I've told you in the past that if you don't like it, you can fly since you have wings. Or you can walk on the ground beside me.

*Poledra hoots a bit more*

Well that's your problem girl, not mine. Either you deal with my falls, or your fly if you don't want to walk and run the risk of being squashed.

*Natia turns her attention back to Marcus and smiles slightly*

Sorry about Pol. She gets rather flustered whenever I take a fall and likes to complain about it.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 19th, 2003, 07:40:45 PM
Amusement was in his eyes.

"Oh, no need to apologise. I know how animals can be. If you want to hear an animal complain, you should hear Stig when he gets wet. I never knew cats could curse - and they have some very effective phrases, which to use sound funny, but I would imagine would be pretty nasty if you were a cat"

He glanced at the owl.

"Most of them to do with being mothered by a bird"

the best way across the street was a walkway that went under. At the entry point there was a bit of jostling and a very rude Bith bumped the slower Natia.

"Hey you! Dont get in the way!"

Marcus reached across and tapped the Bith on the shoulder.

"Have some respect pal"

"stay out of my wa.... way..... oh...."

The folds of the Master's cloak were ever so slightly parted to show the top of a lightsabre. There was no expression on the Jedi's face.

"That's Grandduaghter.would you care to rephrase yourself?"

The Bith on the other hand blanched, then apologised profusly. Then almost ran away in his haste to get away

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 20th, 2003, 02:23:40 PM
Cats can curse pretty heavily at times. I have a cat who lives back where I'm staying. She was given to me when I first joined the GJO.

*Natia stumbles pretty badly when the Bith bumps into her, and she grips Marcus's arm rather tightly so she doesn't fall again. She nods in acceptance to the Bith's apology as she regains her balance and loosens her grip on Marcus's arm, apologising herself gripping him so tightly*

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 21st, 2003, 03:42:06 AM
The Jedi Master scanned the area mentally before goign further. He doubled checked to make sure no one was following before he resumed his steps towards Dexter's. Without any more comment, they made to the bar itself - a bit of a seedy dive to be honest, but still, clean, even if it was pretty dark and had the wrong kind of clientele. People down on their luck, petty crims trying to live, old embittered soldiers, the odd bounty hunter. With such a bucket of scum, you would think Marcus would kick them all out, after all he was a Jedi Master and this was his place.

"Telcontar" muttered one low life, raising his glass to the Jedi as he came in.

"Pauline - how the wife?" he replied.

"Much better thanking you sir"

"Excellent"

In fact, he seemed to be on first name basis with the most ugly and dangerous ones. They knew him as Telcontar. He wasn't about to tell em he was a Jedi Master.....

"Don't let looks decieve you" he muttered to Natia. "Most of em are honest and just trying to feed their families. I'd rather be here with them than be with the rich and famous - this mob are true to their word and I trust em. To be honest, I've never met beings with a better soul and heart than some of em who are in the slums. There's something refreshingly honest about them all. Welcome to Dexter's Diner Natia - My home. Xazor comes here too and a few others I'd like you to meet soon. And dont mind Dex, he's a womaniser, but he has a heart of gold"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 21st, 2003, 09:40:09 AM
*Natia nods as she lets her gaze wander to the crowd in the diner. Making note of what Marcus was saying to her*

Some of the best ppl that I've met have been in places like this.

I look forward to meeting the ppl that you'd like me to meet. Just as long as they are willing to put up with some of my quirks, then I'm more then willing to meet them.

*Natia looks up at Pol who seems to be settling herself on her perch on the walking stick*

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:30:14 AM
"Quirks? Ha, with some of the wackos in this place, you'll be thought of as boringly normal. Ahh, good, my normal table. Please take a seat. What can i get you?"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:24:32 AM
*Natia sits down, quite happy to be off of her feet right now. Yawning slightly, she pulls out a small perch and unfolds it and sets it on the table for Poledra to land on which Poledra does land on, making herself comfortable*

Some orange juice would be nice.

*Natia looks at Poledra for a moment*

And a dish of water for Pol.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 27th, 2003, 03:40:37 AM
"Nothing to eat? They do a wonderful breakfast here"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 27th, 2003, 08:04:50 AM
I guess getting something to eat for breakfast would be a good idea. Bacon, eggs, and toast I think would be good.

**Poledra hoots for a moment**

And Pol would like some bacon herself.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 29th, 2003, 06:03:39 AM
A brief whistle caught the attention of a massive 4 armed reptile. The lizard seemed to be annoyed at the intrusion, but his face cleared when he saw who it was.

"BUUUUDDDEEE!!! I didnt see ya come in"

"Yeah, yeah Dex. Breakfast if you dont mind. For two"

"Two now is it? Who's it with ya? Xaz?"

"Ummm.. no."

The reptile waddled over, wiping it's hands on a apron. "Heeeeey, babe! How about..."

"Deeeeeeex.." Marcus warned. "No. We'll have no passes made at Natia here"

"Urk? Natia..?"

"My Grand-daughter"

Dexter Jettser' eyes opened wide with surprise. "Heeeey, okay then! Wadda want then lil lady?"

Marcus repeated Natia's order, adding his own. soemthing hidden passed between the lizard and Marcus, the Jedi nodding, then shaking his head slightly. Dexter gave the young woman a searching look, before turning and waddling back to the kitchen.

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 29th, 2003, 11:51:54 AM
*Natia lets her eyes narrow slightly as Dexter starts to hit on her, but is happy that Marcus stops him. After Dexter heads off to the kitchen, she says softly to Marcus*

Is he always like that??

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 30th, 2003, 06:59:36 AM
"Dex" he said, settling into his seat. "thinks he's a right ladies... umm... man I guess, for want of a better term. That's just how he is, dont think less of him because of it. Dex is a good friend and absolutly trustworthy. Also, he's nearly 150 years old. He knew Obi-Wan Kenobi. Some tof the stories he tells of the Old Republic and the Jedi of that time are rather interesting. I hate to say it, but the Jedi Order of that time was destined to fail"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jun 30th, 2003, 10:33:28 AM
*Natia nods her head slightly, satisified with the answer that Marcus gave*

I'll probably have a bit of a hard time trusting him until I get to know him.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 1st, 2003, 07:25:44 AM
"it's never advisable to trust anyone, unless you know what they really are like. For a jedi, we can reach out with the Force and find that answer fairly easy. Decieving a Jedi is never easy"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jul 1st, 2003, 08:30:51 AM
That is always good advice to follow, though due to my past, I have an even harder time trusting males. Even with using the Force, I have a harder time trusting males.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 2nd, 2003, 12:49:12 AM
"I dont like or trust droids myself. My wife... she has an R2 unit that if you can believe it, is labelled R2-D2. It's about the only droid I have seen worth a damn, except for Gronk. But then again, I'm not sure what Gronk is"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jul 2nd, 2003, 08:07:54 AM
Well, we are all entitled to mistrust something.

*Natia allows herself to relax slightly, seeing as how she's not going to be able to leave for awhile, even if she wanted to*

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 6th, 2003, 06:14:49 AM
"Wish it wasn't so. Wouldnt the Galaxy be a great place if trust was easy to come by and worthwhile giving freely?"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jul 6th, 2003, 09:01:26 AM
The galaxy indeed would be a much better place if trust was able to be freely given with no worries.

But if the galaxy was like that, then things would get dull rather quickly.

*Natia reaches out and pets Poledra's head for a moment, thinking before she stops and turns her attention back to Marcus*

imported_Marcus
Jul 11th, 2003, 03:17:19 AM
"Eh, believe me, when you have trodden as many roads as I have, you know the Galaxy could never be a dull place. There's wonder and amazement everywhere. Ever been to Tattooine?"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jul 11th, 2003, 06:25:15 PM
Yes, I've been to Tattooine before. I found it to be rather hot, but there are some interesting characters there.

I may not have had the time to travel as many roads as you have, but I've travelled more then my fair share. I've travelled more roads then somebody my age should in my opinion.