PDA

View Full Version : Warning question

Jedi Master Carr
May 27th, 2003, 09:08:17 PM
I have been noticing that in Box office (I don't go to the RP forums so I don't know there) that someone, not sure who is putting that warning symbol on threads where someone swares. I have an issue with that. I think its an overuse, IMO the purpose of the thread was to warn when people were arguging like in the war thread not when one person swares. I say this because the warning is to say this thread could be close but why should a thread be closed if just one person swares? I am fine with the edit the post deal but I think using the warning their is overkill when everybody else in the thread aren't doing anything wrong.

Navaria Tarkin
May 27th, 2003, 11:10:05 PM
RP section it is a warning... don't know about BO section. There was so much swearing in RP posts that it was just painful to look at. So it is see a swear warn, fixed unwarn. Continued to swear closed thread.

I don't go into BO that much so I don't know how you guys run the joint =P

Jedi Master Carr
May 27th, 2003, 11:32:12 PM
Well we don't have that problem there swaring is pretty rare there, IMO. You will see it a few times but its nothing I am too worried about.

TheHolo.Net
May 28th, 2003, 01:43:34 AM
I want cursing to be a complete non issue, so warning threads where people either use censored words or subvert the filter with things succh as a$$, should be done to warn of possible closure and hopefully make the issue go away completely.

Jedi Master Carr
May 28th, 2003, 12:22:00 PM
But if I start a thread in Box office and somebody else makes the post why should that thread be close for one person? Why not just start deleting his posts? Its one thing if the whole thread is full of cuss words but if one person is doing the cussing than I don't think we should be punishing everyone for it. I am not trying to cause a big fuss, here I just don't see the problem mostly because I think its not a problem in Box office, I rarely see a sware word over there unless you count Hell which to me is not a sware word any more. This is all just my opinion as said I am not trying to make a huge thing over it.