PDA

View Full Version : Seeing Double (Aaron)

Chelsea La
May 26th, 2003, 03:41:46 PM
Chelsea steps into the B&G to get in out of the cold. Even with all the technology of the galaxy, they still can't control temperature perfectly all the time. Especially outside. As she goes to walk past the guard at the door, he places a hand on the shoulder and asks for her knife which is hidden up in her hair. Surprised that he actually noticed it, she mumbles an apology and hands her knife over.

After that, the guard removes his hand from her shoulder, allowing her to proceed into the B&G. She sits down at a table, her back to the door. After only a couple of seconds, a waiter approaches and asks if he can take her order. She orders a fruit juice. Orange juice to be exact.

As she waits for her juice, she thinks back to her past, thinking of her family and the life that she had. Also the life that she was supposed to have, but now will never have.

She's a 17 year old girl. The same age as her twin sister Shandri. Only difference between the two is, Shandri's hair has a bit more curl to it. After a couple of minutes, her juice shows up and she pays for it before she forgets to. A slight sigh escapes her lips as she glances around. She's dressed in a purple dress, with a bit of a lighter purple and green trim at the top.

Quay'Na Rakai
May 26th, 2003, 09:28:46 PM
It was cold, horribly so as nineteen-year-old Quay'Na Rakai entered the B & G. She unclinched her Jedi robe and removed her hood and let it hang loosely over her shoulders.
As she took in the scene, she nodded at the guard and proceeded further in.
She needed a place to relax and remind herself of why she was even here.
Her hands brushed by the two lightsabers that hung loosely on her belt, it ashed her thoughts for a moment as it reminded her of just how alone she was.
That was until she spied a teenaged female with her back to the door that reminded her of a friend she had during her Temple days.
"Mia, is that you?" She asked as she strode up.

Aaron Belargic
May 27th, 2003, 03:08:57 AM
Aaron stretched and yawned loudly as he walked through the B&G door – he’d slept so well last night, without any dreams (or nightmares) that he was feeling quite wonderful this morning. The smell of someone’s breakfast cooking, drifting from the kitchen, caused the smile on his face to grow, and this broad smile was once again widened as he spotted a familiar figure sitting at one table. Another girl was talking to her, at the moment, so he walked over slowly and stopped by the table next to Shandri’s, leaning back against it as he sat perched on the edge of the table itself. His arms folded over his chest, he nodded slightly in greeting.

“Morning, Shandri…I like what you’ve done with your hair.”

Chelsea La
May 27th, 2003, 07:28:18 AM
Chelsea looks up at Quay'Na and shakes her head.

"Sorry, I'm not this Mia"

Chelsea then looks to the person who said Shandri's name, and smiles. If they are mistaking her for Shandri, then this person knows where Shandri is. But an old habit creeps up slightly. Something that she hasn't done in ages. Well, since she last saw Shandri, before the accident that killed her Mother. She had taken advantage of that and slipped off, leaving her life behind her and starting over without having to worry about getting somebody upset over her actions.

"I'm glad you like it. It was a hassle to deal with this morning since I wanted to try something new."

Chelsea looks Aaron over, trying to figure out what sort of relationship he has with Shandri.

Quay'Na Rakai
May 27th, 2003, 03:56:10 PM
Quay'Na nodded in the girls direction, "sorry to have bothered you." She turned to exit, the Temple wasn't too far off.

Aaron Belargic
May 30th, 2003, 04:13:41 AM
Aaron nodded to the girl departing, smiling slightly, before looking back to Shandri.

“It really suits you,” he stood up off of the table, folding his arms behind his back.

“Were you just about to eat?”

Not waiting for a response, he added, “Mind if I join you?”

Chelsea La
May 30th, 2003, 10:14:20 AM
Chelsea smiles slightly, though she's not about to tell Aaron that her hair is naturally like this and that she's Shandri's twin sister Chelsea. At least not yet.

"Yes, I was planning on having something to eat in a bit. And sure, feel free to join me Sir."

Chelsea runs a hand through her hair and smiles a bit more.

"So, why do you think that having my hair like this suits me?"

Aaron Belargic
May 30th, 2003, 10:17:43 AM
“You don’t need to call me sir, Shandri. Aaron will do,” Aaron shook his head and chuckled as he sat down.

“… I guess your hair just makes you look nice. Nice, yeah. That’s it.”

Again he laughed.

“It’s just a nice change, makes you look different – not that you don’t normally look nice, of course!”

Chelsea La
May 30th, 2003, 10:31:23 AM
Chelsea inhales sharply for a moment when Aaron said that she didn't need to call him Sir. But she breaths a slight sigh of relief. She now has a name to call him. Aaron. A slight smile creeps to her face at the thought of perhaps pursuing Aaron herself, knowing that Shandri won't be allowed to.

"I'm sorry Lord Aaron, I slipped up for a moment and fell back on some habits that I'm trying to break."

Chelsea suddenly thinks to herself, what if Shandri just calls him Aaron and not Lord Aaron like she's supposed to. If that's the case, then I've just made an even bigger mistake then before. Perhaps he won't pick up on it. She lets out the breath that she was unconsciously holding, forcing herself to stay relaxed.

"I'm actually thinking of trying to keep my hair like this."

Chelsea wonders to herself if Shandri normally wears the white dress that is her uniform for her job. If so, then her purple dress is another give away that she's not who she's pretending to be.

"Do you think that I should try to keep my hair like this Aaron?"

Chelsea hopes that Aaron will just think that she's falling back on her 'old habits' and not mention it.

Aaron Belargic
May 30th, 2003, 10:38:37 AM
“If you want to. I think it definitely suits you though.”

He smiled a giddy smile and nodded. For a moment his eyes wandered, as he noticed something else different, as Chelsea had expected him to.

“Oh! Is that dress new too? … Wow. You know with all these changes, you look like a new person,” the Hallaeran Jedi joked, as he admired.

Chelsea La
May 30th, 2003, 10:44:13 AM
Chelsea smiled, a feeling of warmth flowing through her.

"I'm trying to break away from the restraints of being the Guardian. I'm just trying to be my own person like I have the right to be.

And yes, the dress is new. Do you like the dress?"

Chelsea takes a sip of her juice and then moves her chair a bit closer to Aaron's.

Aaron Belargic
May 30th, 2003, 10:52:27 AM
“I’m glad you don’t feel pressured to conform to the ways of the guardian anymore … and yes I like the dress a lot.”

As Shandri shuffled in a little closer, Aaron smiled again. She seemed very happy today, he thought, which was good to see.

“Do you want to order something now or wait a little?”

Chelsea La
May 30th, 2003, 10:59:41 AM
"I'm agreeable to ordering something now, though I don't think they serve exactly what I want."

Chelsea says while looking at Aaron.

"I've been away from home for awhile now. They have no say to what I do right now since they can't see what I'm doing. I've also decided to live life a bit on the wild side right now.

I think a veggie stir-fry would be nice right about now. Haven't had one in awhile."

Chelsea moves her chair abit closer to Aarons again, wanting to get as close to him as possible.

Aaron Belargic
May 30th, 2003, 11:07:15 AM
“Stir-fry sounds good. I’ll have one too.”

The rather large table now looked quite empty, with Shandri’s chair sat right up against Aarons. He tried to squeeze in a bit on his seat, to give her a bit more room where she was sat.

“Are you cold?” he laughed, a vague nervousness in his tone as he wondered why she was getting in so close.

Chelsea La
May 30th, 2003, 11:19:08 AM
"No, I'm not cold. I just want to be close to you, that's all."

Chelsea smiles happily, hoping that she's not pushing things a bit to far with pretending to be Shandri.

She waves down the waiter that had taken her order for a juice and puts their order in for two veggie stir-fries. The waiter nods and heads off to the kitchen to tell the cooks of the order.

She then turns her attention back to Aaron and smiles at him.

"Is something wrong? You sound a bit nervous."

Aaron Belargic
May 30th, 2003, 11:24:19 AM
“No, no. Just… nevermind,”

He smiled. Why protest? There wasn’t anything wrong with her sitting there.

“So do you have anything planned for today?”

Chelsea La
May 30th, 2003, 11:27:00 AM
"No, not really. I was going to get something to eat, and then find something to do.

Why, do you have plans today?"

Chelsea smiles at him. She doesn't push the matter of Aaron being nervous.

Aaron Belargic
May 30th, 2003, 11:33:00 AM
Shaking his head slightly, Aaron replied:

“Nope. I was just going to visit my brother and practice sparring a little, but otherwise I was hoping to bump into someone and find something to do … like this,” he chuckled.

Chelsea La
May 30th, 2003, 11:38:01 AM
"Perhaps you would like to spend some time with me after we have had our meal."

Chelsea tilts her head slightly as she looks at Aaron, again wondering what sort of relationship he has with Shandri.

Aaron Belargic
May 30th, 2003, 11:47:27 AM
“That’d be nice.”

Last time they’d met for a meal it had been raining quiet heavily and so the day wasn’t quite as good as it could have been.

“...Have you been training with my brother much, lately?”

Chelsea La
May 30th, 2003, 12:03:56 PM
Chelsea wonders slightly for a moment at Aaron's comment about training with his brother. What does he mean by that?? Whatever it means, she has to pretend that she understands what he means. Perhaps he will give away some more information about it like he did his name.

"I haven't been doing to much training with your brother lately. I've kinda been busy with other things that I wanted to get done."

Aaron Belargic
May 30th, 2003, 12:19:07 PM
“Oh well,” he smiled a little smile.

“When you’re not so busy you should come visit me. I’m sure Kelt wouldn’t mind you stopping by.”

Chelsea La
May 30th, 2003, 12:23:58 PM
"I'll do that. But I've been busy with working on my new look.

Though, I can't quite remember where you live so could you please remind me."

Chelsea smiles at Aaron, hoping that he'll be willing to answer her question since she truly has no idea where he lives considering she just met him for the first time today, but Shandri would probably already know. Another problem coming across somebody who her sister knows, but she herself doesn't since this is her first time ever being on Coruscant.

Aaron Belargic
May 30th, 2003, 12:30:17 PM
“First floor of the living quarters, at the end of the second hall on the left. The door has ‘Simoson’ written on it. If I’m not in Kelt will probably know where I am,” he smiled.

“And if I am in but I call you ‘my apprentice’ remember that’s Das, not me,” he added, bursting into a hearty laugh.

Chelsea La
May 30th, 2003, 01:07:29 PM
Chelsea nods her head slightly, putting the info directly into her memory.

"First floor, second hall on left, sign on door says Simoson. Gotcha."

Chelsea laughs as well when Aaron does, more to get it so that she doesn't look out of place. She's guessing that Aaron has a twin brother, and that it is his twin brother which is teaching Shandri. A smile touches her face again at the thought of the fun that she can have.

"I'll be sure to drop by when I get the chance to."

Aaron Belargic
May 30th, 2003, 01:34:09 PM
“I’ll have to get Kelt to cook something for you. He’s an excellent chef… speaking of chefs, I wonder where our food is?”

Chelsea La
May 30th, 2003, 01:54:17 PM
"I'm sure our food will be here soon."

Chelsea says in a cheerful tone. At that moment the waiter approaches their table carrying to large plates which have the veggie stir-fry on it. The veggies are on a bed of rice on the plate. He puts the food down and then continues on with his job.

"I look forward to getting to try some of Kelt's cooking."

Aaron Belargic
May 31st, 2003, 03:58:08 AM
“Don’t tell the staff here this, but he does a better job than most of them. I spent most of my life cooking for myself and Das and even then I’m not as good as Kelt.”

The plates laid out before them looked as though they were piping hot, so Aaron didn’t tuck in just yet.

“What about you? Did you have to cook for your family or ?”

Chelsea La
May 31st, 2003, 10:18:27 AM
"You'll get better with practice. Everybody does, well almost everybody.

No, we had the cooks cook all of our meals for us, but Chelsea and I did learn to cook."

Chelsea doesn't worry about the fact that their food is piping hot. She picks up a fork and spears some veggies with it. She then blows gently on it to cool it down before popping it into her mouth and eating it carefully so she doesn't get burned.

"The one time that I did go to cook a meal for my sister and my Mother, I ended up scorching it terribly and my Mother decided to take us all out for dinner that day. One of the few times we all left the palace together."

Chelsea smiles silghtly, though it's obvious that she's sad thinking about the fun times she had with her family.

Aaron Belargic
May 31st, 2003, 10:23:36 AM
“I still can’t imagine what it must have been like to grow up in a palace.”

Aaron knew that Hallaer had ‘palaces’ of its own, though they weren’t huge grandiose buildings – just simple, elegant organic structures built around the land itself. Dasquian had told him this, of course; he had never seen it first hand himself.

“We always ate together as a big group. Dasquian, Eiphos and I would cook for the whole of the community sometimes, which was quite difficult considering the number of children there. We only got to do that on special occasions though… since we spent most of our training, of course.”

Chelsea La
May 31st, 2003, 10:58:24 AM
"Well, I sometimes still have a hard time imagining what it's like to live outside of a palace since I grew up in a palace. Though it's nice not to have to deal with all the formalities of a palace. I like being able to do what I want, instead of what somebody else wants me to do."

Aaron Belargic
May 31st, 2003, 11:01:49 AM
Aaron smiled and nodded. Some of the steam from his meal was beginning to waft away, and so he picked up a fork and got himself a mouthful of the stir-fry. As per usual, the staff of Yogs had made a delicious meal. When he was getting another mouthful, however, he accidentally elbowed Shandri – what with being so close to her – and fumbled his fork, then almost knocking her drink over.

Chelsea La
Jun 1st, 2003, 08:46:23 AM
Chelsea quickly grabs her glass before it has a chance to fall over. She then looks over at Aaron and smiles, shaking her head slightly.

"You okay?"

Aaron Belargic
Jun 1st, 2003, 08:48:31 AM
“S-sorry,” Aaron managed to stammer, wincing slightly.

“Didn’t mean to… well obviously I didn’t mean to. There I go being clumsy again,” he sighed, cursing himself inside as he shook his head, looking down into his meal.

Chelsea La
Jun 1st, 2003, 09:12:39 AM
Chelsea puts a gentle hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry about it Aaron. Accidents happen all the time. And I wasn't hurt so it's no biggy."

Chelsea looks around quickly and then kisses Aaron on the cheek quickly before going back to her meal, a smile upon her face.

Aaron Belargic
Jun 1st, 2003, 09:22:15 AM
Aaron blinked, smiled, and then took another forkful of his food to hide this smile.

Chelsea La
Jun 1st, 2003, 09:48:31 AM
Chelsea goes to continue eating her meal in silence. She's not to sure on what to say to Aaron right now. She's supposedly known Aaron for who knows how long, and so she can't ask questions that she would ask a person who she just met. She can't even ask how her sister is doing without explaining things about how she's alive instead of dead. The longer she keeps the charade going, the harder it will be to explain, but hey, she's having fun right now. She's truly enjoying herself, and it's been years since somebody mistook her for Shandri.

Aaron Belargic
Jun 1st, 2003, 10:29:45 AM
“You should be careful about doing things like that,” Aaron chuckled eventually, breaking the silence with a whisper.

“You’ll end up putting ideas into peoples heads.”

Chelsea La
Jun 2nd, 2003, 07:32:17 AM
Chelsea looks up from her meal and smiles slightly.

"I should be careful doing things like what?"

Chelsea whispers back to Aaron.

Aaron Belargic
Jun 2nd, 2003, 02:47:13 PM
With a mouthful of food Aaron just motioned the end up his fork up at his cheek, and found himself instantly flushing red.

Chelsea La
Jun 2nd, 2003, 03:24:20 PM
Chelsea glances down at her plate for a moment, a slight hint of red touches her cheeks briefly, but is gone when she looks up again.

"What sort of ideas might I end up putting into ppls heads?"

Chelsea tilts her head slightly as she takes another bite of her meal.

Aaron Belargic
Jun 3rd, 2003, 04:53:24 AM
He swallowed what was left of the veggies he was chewing on then began to pick at the plate in front of him, idly playing with the foot.

“I don’t know… something… people will think something is going on or something.”

Chelsea La
Jun 3rd, 2003, 07:42:48 AM
"And would that bother you? To have ppl think that something is going on. For all they know, we could be married."

Chelsea finishes up the vegetables on her plate and starts to eat the rice.

Aaron Belargic
Jun 3rd, 2003, 08:45:59 AM
Aaron laughed quietly.

“Most of them probably think I’m Dasquian… and that I was just kissed by my apprentice went I’m supposed to be engaged to Xazor,” he replied, smiling impishly.

Chelsea La
Jun 3rd, 2003, 12:27:33 PM
"So, what's wrong with kissing you on the cheek. It's a sign that you're cared about. And let them think. Maybe, none of them even recognize us, and if that's the case, then does it really matter?"

Aaron Belargic
Jun 4th, 2003, 11:24:34 AM
“No… no I guess it doesn’t,” he looked down, suddenly feeling guilty.

Chelsea La
Jun 4th, 2003, 12:53:55 PM
Chelsea frowns slightly as Aaron looks down. She reaches out with a hand and lifts his head up gently.

"I hope I didn't say anything wrong. And if I did, please tell me so I know not to in the future."

Aaron Belargic
Jun 7th, 2003, 03:48:30 AM
“No,’

He looked up, brightening a little as he smiled.

“… I’m just easily embarrassed,” Aaron chuckled.

Chelsea La
Jun 7th, 2003, 11:34:34 AM
Chelsea's eyes sparkle slightly as Aaron says that he's easily embarrassed.

"Well, there are things that will get everybody embarrassed, so don't feel bad about it."

Aaron Belargic
Jun 10th, 2003, 01:00:10 PM
“You don’t think I should lighten up a bit?” he asked, looking up.

Chelsea La
Jun 11th, 2003, 08:23:38 AM
"To each their own. I'm sure that there are times when you're told to be more serious. You just have to remember that you're not your brother and who cares what ppl think."

Aaron Belargic
Jun 16th, 2003, 05:38:21 AM
“Well I care… I don’t want to offend people. I just want to fit in here,”

And to be liked, he thought.

Shandri La
Jun 17th, 2003, 11:59:46 AM
Wrong character. Please delete this post.

Chelsea La
Jun 17th, 2003, 12:15:11 PM
"And the only way to truly fit in any place is to be yourself. And if being yourself offends a person or two, don't worry about it. Just don't go around being rude and obnoxious and you'll do fine.

Ppl will come to realise that you are Not your brother, and you never will be. Just as I will never be my sister, nor would I ever be able to be her.

The best thing a person can do in their life is to be theirselves."