PDA

View Full Version : New Friend? New Alliance.

Zasz Grimm
May 25th, 2003, 02:01:15 PM
Zasz stood in his quarters, staring out his window that showed Vjun's landscape. He enjoyed the roughness of it, how it was detoriating. It was raining out today, acid rain, that is. He watched it fall, pound the surface. He watched the smoke rise and he merely smiled at this. It was appealing, this planet.

A group that harnessed such power the Galaxy had never seen resided here. They were the silent predators, striking when they felt the need. Acting as one, letting their power be felt throughout the entire galaxy. He smiled at this. The Black Hand should bend the galaxy, they should restore order, peace, by whatever means necessary!

He came back from his thoughts, he looked out to the moutainous area of Vjun, that wasn't that far away from Bast Castle. He watched it for a moment, his thoughts becoming a blur once again.

Vega Van-Derveld
May 25th, 2003, 02:07:23 PM
“Inspiring, isn’t it? Year after year the planet undergoes this cycle… this on-going attrition from the acid from above and yet still it stands, still it thrives.”

Footsteps approached Zasz from behind, slowly; the fastenings on the boots gently clinking together. Behind him, Vega walked with his arms folded neatly behind his back. Before his comrade could turn he gave Grimm a once over, a look up and down and a mental scan over, much like a predator would on encountering a new species for the first time … unsure of whether to think of it as an ally or simply as prey.

“Fascinating.”

Zasz Grimm
May 25th, 2003, 02:15:59 PM
"Indeed it is, Vega Van Derveld."

He had only met the man once or twice, spoken to him just as less, but he had remembered the sound of his voice. He should have been paying attention, he should have kept his quarters closed. But often his daughter left them open from her roamings. He turned around from the window, he let his blood red pupils fall upon the lupine.

A fellow apprentice of his Master, Hobgoblin. But also a former Sith. Whenever Zasz had met him, he had insulted him. But it was in his nature, and he was right to say it then. Zasz disliked sith, period.

But now Vega was a brother, a fellow sibling. And he had acquired much power since then, but then again, so had Zasz. He smiled devilishly at him.

"Something I can get you?"

His voice was calm, cold, and even frightening, as always.

Vega Van-Derveld
May 25th, 2003, 02:20:19 PM
Where Zasz spoke with an icy tone Vega’s voice was far more gravelly – a growl almost, always on edge and laced with a certain sense of sarcasm, as if every word was intended to mock.

“No, thank you, Grimm. I hope you don’t mind the intrusion of your observations; however I felt it prudent to finally introduce myself to you. If we are to be brothers, and as such rely upon one another in situations requiring great trust, we must first become acquainted.”

He didn’t seem so much to look at Zasz, as just a little off to the side of his body. His pupils seemed focused more on the glass of the window, which reflected his own image and in turn the back of Zasz’ body. One could never be too careful, he had learnt, with those you do not know.

Zasz Grimm
May 25th, 2003, 02:38:41 PM
"Quite right."

He motioned to a part of his room as he moved away from the window. He moved to his chair, a quite comfy chair that welcomed him as he sat down. On the desk, not that far away, lay his lightsaber hilt. He looked at it for a moment, and then back to Van Derveld, merely smiling.

He then motioned for the chair either opposite him. He looked to his bed for a moment, which was quite disorganized, not that it really mattered, this was his quarters.

"Please, sit. So that we may discuss things more...comfortably."

He was skeptical about this, but he had to seem welcoming. Could Zasz bury his dislike of Sith and cooperate? Surely, but he would love to test Vega's patience. He watched the man. He spoke in a mocking manner.

"What would you suggest brother?"

Vega Van-Derveld
May 25th, 2003, 02:42:49 PM
As he sat he seemed to keep his gaze held onto Zasz, so that when he was seated his head was tilted ever-so slightly forward. An unusual smile played over lips.

“I know nothing of you save your name and Master, Grimm. I think perhaps some other … past would be useful. Please, enlighten me.”

Zasz Grimm
May 25th, 2003, 02:53:45 PM
"I see. Well, perhaps I should start when I was in The Empire, those many years ago. The council was comprised of Rama, and a few others. Dara, your former master had not yet even been considered a leader."

He started to say, as he watched Vega. He watched him carefully, before he continued his tale.

"I became quite involved with a woman there, Dalethria. Oh, it was quite fun, we had a great time, she and I. But, it wasn't meant to last. I was killed, sadly, and a clone, as you see before you."

He smiled. His death was vague, or that's what he gathered from everyone. Did he die? He shook his head.

Vega Van-Derveld
May 25th, 2003, 02:57:36 PM
The mention of the Sith Empire, and Dara in particular, make Vega shift uneasily. Though it was not directly visible, the base of his neck – just below his hair – twitched; the centipede moved.

“How interesting.”

From the way Vega spoke it would sound as though he found it far from interesting. It was difficult to tell whether or not this was the case, truly.

“How did you come to the Hand, then? Was it your death that drove you here? A betrayal of former alliance leaving you with … nowhere else… to turn?”

Zasz Grimm
May 25th, 2003, 03:28:25 PM
"How did I come to the Hand? That's simple. A former member brought me here. Jeseth Cloak."

He smiled to Vega. He saw how he was uncomfortable at the mention of The Empire. He shook his head, meaning to continue.

"Jeseth Cloak trained me for several years. He had promised many great things to me, some of which I achieved. He then went before the members of The Hand, and called for a vote of my membership."

He recalled all the training sessions. How he was sent for Nichos Marr.

"He even sent me after the Jedi Master Nichos Marr, which wound up being one of the determining factors of my membership. "

He thought a moment, and then spoke once more.

"Truly, what brought me here was the loneliness of wandering. Before Cloak found me, I was alone in the galaxy, exacting revenge on a group that turned it's back on me. Cloak found me, taught me. Gave me a cause. Changed my personality a bit.."

Vega Van-Derveld
May 25th, 2003, 03:31:38 PM
“Cloak,” Vega tested the word and definitely didn’t like it, this much showing in the expression on his face, “I see.”

Relaxing a little more against the chair, he exhaled slowly.

“And what of the future? What do you have planned?”

Zasz Grimm
May 25th, 2003, 03:50:40 PM
He looked at the Lupine momentarily, and then smiled. He had made it known that he detested The Sith Order, and he decided to tell him.

"Revenge. Revenge upon the group who first cast me out. The Sith Order. And then, I will turn my vengeance upon the Jedi. But before then, I have to become stronger. And I must train my apprentice."

Vega Van-Derveld
May 27th, 2003, 03:02:00 AM
Ah, the old revenge card. If there was one thing he’d learnt over time it was that revenge was an expensive, and indeed messy, business. People usually tossed the word around casually, without backing up exactly why they wanted their vengeance. This was probably because the need was deeply seated in some childhood trauma or the like which Vega quite frankly had no interest in hearing about.

“Apprentice? … Who’re you training?”

Zasz Grimm
Jun 4th, 2003, 11:20:35 PM
"Grev Drasen, former member of The Order."

He smiled to Vega for a moment and then looked back out of his window, to watch the acid rain once more. It was quite the sight, to see the rain fall, and not destroy the planet.

He looked up to Vega..

"Anything else?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 5th, 2003, 01:04:41 PM
Shaking his head faintly, Vega looked out to the rain as Zasz had done – curious to see if Grimm had seen something unusual. No such luck.

“I suppose I have to return the courtesy now?”

Zasz Grimm
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:59:49 PM
He wasn't one to really care about pasts he didn't know of, he looked to Vega. He watched him carefully before deciding upon his answer..

"...If that is what you wish..."

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 8th, 2003, 08:06:09 AM
A derisive snort and Vega shook his head. He disliked recounting all of his past transgressions, even if he had endured some great glories.

Zasz Grimm
Jun 9th, 2003, 01:25:33 PM
" Then I am confident with knowing that you will be there, at my side, when asked."

He conceded after the snort and watched the lupine carefully. He was quite the interesting character.