PDA

View Full Version : What are your essential applications?

Brian
May 25th, 2003, 10:18:08 AM
Okay, so we've seen people's desktops and SOME of what they use. But what do you consider essential? What do you use to listen to songs, do file transfers, or enjoy IRC? What funky programs do you have stashed away on your hard drive?

Share your ware!

ReaperFett
May 25th, 2003, 10:31:57 AM
AIM
Yahoo Messenger (Albeit rarely)
Winamp, but not on my new computer yet
Photoshop (7 I think)
Paint Shop Pro (6 I think, I find it better than Photoshop for simple tasks)
iMesh
Kazaa Lite (I prefer iMesh, but KL is used for a backup)

Morgan Evanar
May 25th, 2003, 10:36:13 AM
http://216.73.105.30/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29174

This thread has extra ducks.

Pierce Tondry
May 25th, 2003, 12:45:18 PM
Morg: If it's true that every user on SWFans uses exactly what you and Figrin do and have nothing more or less on their computers, then yes, this is more or less a duplicate. :p

But I'm betting that's not the case. Come to think of it, it's probably especially true for the BoxOffice forum because people with different interests from the RPers congregate here.

But it's good to have that link present anyway. Thanks.

Alpha
May 25th, 2003, 01:11:24 PM
I got:
Winamp
Paintshop
Mozilla
IE (My parents use that one, not me)
Kazaa
WinMX(Backup)
Webshots Desktop (just for changing wallpaper and for a screensaver)
Trillian
and, of course, my Sega Genesis, Gameboy Advanced, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Sega Gamegear emulators. :)

Morgan Evanar
May 25th, 2003, 07:41:44 PM
But I'm betting that's not the case. Come to think of it, it's probably especially true for the BoxOffice forum because people with different interests from the RPers congregate here. I'm sure you can think of some witty way how this is the case, but what Figrin and I listed are excellent general use applications, regardless of your interest.

I find it interesting that no one aside from Marcus had anything to add. It might be because we got just about all the important stuff.

Also, iMesh is spyware riddled trash. Fett is special because he doesn't seem to notice.

But if people have something to contribute, wunderbar.

Jedieb
May 26th, 2003, 11:20:48 AM
InterVideo WinDVD
Quicken 2001 Deluxe
MicroTestIII
Corel Photo House 5
AppleWorks
Windows Media Player

And that's about it. Compuserve's browser gets more work than most of the other apps.

Charley
May 26th, 2003, 11:21:52 AM
I'm pretty much in agreement with what Morg listed, thus no comment.

JMK
May 26th, 2003, 05:07:07 PM
MSN messenger
IE explorer
photoshop 6
illustrator 10
indesign 2
quark xpress 5